Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not separate but distinct. And even according to the creeds, they are one entity.

Are you a mormon?

Not a mormon. I will answer this post once you define is a succinct and understable way what you mean by "distinct".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well 101g it is you I am arguing with, for Scripture does not agree with you.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Seeing as God created grammar, and inspired the rules of grammar so when we write and speak we can understand what He is trying to say! God knows this and He inspired th e writer to unambiguously show- that two Yahwehs are speaking ( I believe this is closer to accurate)

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus here did not say He was returning to a part of HIs "diversified self" but to a different person! Sorry but you shouldn't argue with Scripture!

No matter what you say- you are simply a tri-modalist with a different dress and new names for how you call God.
John 20:28 KJV
[28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
1 Timothy 6:15 KJV
[15] Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a promise keeper :)
OK, we have already seen.

but lets prove it out if you're a promise keeper.

as this topic states, "Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?", lets see if you keep your promise, of a US and a OUR
in the book of Revelation chapter 5 there is one who sits on the throne, (symbolism), and a Lamb who stand, as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (slain, now standing = resurrecred). now Christophany, we of diversified oneness say that he who sits on the threone is the same one person who is standing the Lamb. do you agree. well there is the "US", and the "OUR"..... :eek: YIKES!.

we'll soon find out if you're a promise keeper or not. you answer please.

REMEMBER, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Again . . . you do not respond to my content, and just post some snipey little thing about me.

Ask yourself . . . why is it that you continue to do that? You post on a debate forum, but you won't debate?

You post long and imo convoluted arguments. When I attempt to tackle just one part of your argument, you go "ad homimen", and again, won't debate with me.

That's what seems to me to be over, your desire to have any kind of real discussion. Too bad!

Much love!
first thanks for the reply, second, nope.

you have no basis for a legitimate response for what I have posted. now, lets stick to the subject at hand,

Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me."

this verse eliminates any possibility of any person, or person(s) in or outside of the Godhead beside the only one PERSON.

now I ask you to response to the scripture. the term "beside", with no, and NONE in front of it in both places in the scripture eliminates any person(s) in or outside the Godhead.

if you will respond to the scripture only. thanks.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus here did not say He was returning to a part of HIs "diversified self" but to a different person! Sorry but you shouldn't argue with Scripture!

No matter what you say- you are simply a tri-modalist with a different dress and new names for how you call God.
first thanks for the reply, second, you should have listen to Waiting on him in Post #463. for he gave the answer. but since you want listen, #1. God is not a part, your First ERROR of the DAY, he's his own Equal Share in flesh. I wish you fellas pay close attention.

#2. our Lord as his own "diversity", is simply saying that he asends to his "Spirit"/Father. yes his OWN Spirit, listen, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me." see Ronald, his "OWN".... ARM. yes, his arm is a possession, just as your "OWN" is not 101G's ARM... right, (and 101G have a wonderful Arm.. :D, he think so). oh well back to the scripture. but our Lord is just simply saying I'm returning home in Spirit, with a new body. and When Jesus in Heaven, as Spirit, say "my" Son on earth, my indicate ownership, possession , he's simply saying my BODY on Earth. for the Son in natural flesh was the ONLY body of God on earth until we "BECAME SONS of God" on earth.

"No matter what you say- you are simply a tri-modalist with a different dress and new names for how you call God".
so we can this response, as you cannot refute what we have posted?..... :rolleyes:

#1. it's not a matter of what I say, nor you, but it's what the scriptures say.

#2. a tri-modalist?, (smile), that's a new one.... LOL, LOL, LOL. oh boy, its better all the time. tri-modalist? that's a good one, well at least I'm not a tri-modalist in REVERSE... :eek: YIKES! for you have three Gods changing, was it you who say, they have roles? .... (smile)

Ronald, we suggest you go and study what we have previously posted on "diversity". and learn it before you comment on it....... ok, it looks bad....

PICJAG

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:28 KJV
[28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
1 Timothy 6:15 KJV
[15] Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Yes Jesus shall reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords for 1,000 years! And when he vanquishes the final enemy -death, He cedes the kingdom back to His father . 1 Cor. 15:24

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No matter what you say- you are simply a tri-modalist with a different dress and new names for how you call God".
so we can this response, as you cannot refute what we have posted?..... :rolleyes:

Teh Bible refutes you as I have shown.

YOu subtly accuse Jesus of deception when He says this:

If the Father is not a "separate entity" then Jesus was being very deceptive! there is no other way to read this without redefining terms.

Still awaiting what you mean by "diversified"!

#2. a tri-modalist?, (smile), that's a new one.... LOL, LOL, LOL. oh boy, its better all the time. tri-modalist? that's a good one, well at least I'm not a tri-modalist in REVERSE... :eek: YIKES! for you have three Gods changing, was it you who say, they have roles? .... (smile)

Ronald, we suggest you go and study what we have previously posted on "diversity". and learn it before you comment on it....... ok, it looks bad..

Well you can call it what you wish- but it is still a variation of tri-modalism! And no I am not a tri-modalist in reverse. I am a biblical trinitrian. REcognizing there are 3 separate "persons" who share one essence or nature- absolute divinity!

And yes the "role of the father is idfferent from the "role" of the son which is different from the "role" of the spirit!

We suggest? Do you have multiple personalities? Are you three personalities in one body!!!!!!! LOL

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Put it down to a simple definition and not 6 posts with several thousand words. I know you can if you try!
Sorry, I'm not playing your game.

If you want to respond to my thread, then by all means respond to it.

Otherwise, you may have to concede the point.

Again, you will find my definition within the first 6 posts of the thread in question:

True Trinity.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No longer as my sins have been removed, but the Bible does call death the enemy of man in 1 Cor. 15.
So maybe Him doing away with death isn’t a corporate event?
And by the way I read some scripture that stated that those that are in Christ will never die, and there is no such thing as male or female, bond, free, Jew, Greek........ etc,,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, here is my definition in short order:

God is a Spirit who inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15)

He is one Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4). And Jesus, who is also God (John 4:24), is the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) who is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Son is distinct from the Father in that the Father is a Spirit without a body, dwelling in eternity; and the Son is that same Spirit dwelling in a body of human flesh.

The distinction therefore, is in the incarnation.

I contend that the Son is not eternally begotten (in the sense of God creating an eternal mirror) but that He was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35).

Nevertheless He ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10) and therefore He does in fact exist outside of time and is therefore also God from everlasting to everlasting (Psalms 90:2).

If you want more of a definition, read posts #1-#6 in the thread in question:

True Trinity.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, here is my definition in short order:

God is a Spirit who inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15)

He is one Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4). And Jesus, who is also God, is the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) who is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The So is distinct from the Father in that the Father is a Spirit without a body, dwelling in eternity; and the Son is that same Spirit dwelling in a body of human flesh.

The distinction therefore, is in the incarnation.

I contend that the Son is not eternally begotten (in the sense of God creating an eternal mirror) but that He was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35).

Nevertheless He ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10) and therefore He does in fact exist outside of time and is therefore also God from everlasting to everlasting (Psalms 90:2).
You think Jesus has human flesh?