Is The Osas Doctrine Satanic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
QUOTE (BenTobijah @ May 13 2009, 01:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73604
watchman,I take it you are using the word “sinner” as a noun describing the state of a person prior to salvation. You are saying that now you are a “Christ-man” (Christian) that sins but repents and is therefore made right. I believe that most of this argument is semantics. People use the word "elect" without knowing the meaning. Not all humans are “elect” most are "freewill" and there is a difference.
Exactly. I may sin here and there, but I repent and start anew. I live in the Spirit therefore as scripture commands i also walk in the Spirit and as long as I do this I will not sin. However if I do get in the flesh and sin then I repent and start anew. I do not continue in chronic unrepentant sin, as a sinner would. My old man was a sinner jsut like us all, but I am a new creation in Christ, and that new creation is not fashioned after the old man but after Christ Himself. So for someone to claim I am a sinner they are calling Christ a sinner. And if someone claim that they themselves are sinners then they are condemning themselves, for all sinners have their place in the Lake of Fire. I am not a sinner, but as you have stated Ben, a CHRISTian.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Whatever watchman we all repent of our sins ..There was only one without sin and that was Christ himself the fact you repent makes you nothing special just a sinning human that has to turn to Christ like the rest of us ... We are talking OSAS not your repentance .

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
QUOTE (Christina @ May 13 2009, 02:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73607
Whatever watchman we all repent of our sins ..There was only one without sin and that was Christ himself the fact you repent makes you nothing special just a sinning human that has to turn to Christ like the rest of us ... We are talking OSAS not your repentance .
I didn't say I was without sin, and said I was forgiving, and no longer a sinner. You are the one that claimed yourself a sinner, not me.

GwH

Apr 30, 2009
QUOTE (BenTobijah @ May 11 2009, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73503
Mike, my advise to you is to study it on your own. You are the one that will go before God in the end and answer for yourself. Know one on this board has a lock on Scripture, we have all been wrong before. Ask God to open it up for you. Also remember who the “author of confusion” is!Many times when I read posts here I am reminded of the OT book of Job, the middle chapters , with Jobs 4 friends giving advise. Read what God tells Job in chapter 38. Pay attention to verse 2. There is a lot of that here.
That's great advice. I just read Job yesterday. Thanks a lot for the insight.QUOTE (logabe @ May 11 2009, 01:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73505
Hence, the Scriptures make a distinction between the Overcomers and the Church in general. Mike, I hope this has shed some light ofundersanding because if a person don't understand that there is tworesurrrections then the scriptures make no sence to an individual.Logabe
That's really interesting. What qualifies someone as an 'overcomer'? Sorry if these questions are repetitive or obvious. Thanks a lot for the long explanation. Another question: what qualifies as the church in general? Those who don't do much with the good news?

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
I'm sorry but yes God forgave me of my sins, PAST PRESENT, AND FUTURE, and NO ONE can change that FACT.QUOTE
I didn't say I was without sin, and said I was forgiving, and no longer a sinner
Oxymoron if ever was one!

GwH

Apr 30, 2009
You guys are being really hateful...WWJD?Laugh at others and mock them? LOLOLOLNo.

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
QUOTE (forgivenWretch @ May 13 2009, 03:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73610
I'm sorry but yes God forgave me of my sins, PAST PRESENT, AND FUTURE, and NO ONE can change that FACT.
Your future sins are not yet forgiving , and if you refuse to repent of them you will die in your sins, and go to Hell.QUOTE (GwH @ May 13 2009, 03:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73611
You guys are being really hateful...WWJD?Laugh at others and mock them? LOLOLOLNo.
You are new here GwH, that is how the two of them are. I wouldn't expect anything else.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (watchman @ May 13 2009, 12:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73612
Your future sins are not yet forgiving , and if you refuse to repent of them you will die in your sins, and go to Hell.You are new here GwH, that is how the two of them are. I wouldn't expect anything else.
As usual you start the stuff by intentionally twisting someone's words and then blame everyone else

Polar

Apr 10, 2009
"I'm sorry but yes God forgave me of my sins, PAST PRESENT, AND FUTURE, and NO ONE can change that FACT." -- Wretch-- Sounds like the digital version of picking up your ball and going home.If you do not actively seek forgiveness for the sins you commit after being saved as well as work to maintain your relationship with God, then you are in for a bit of a surprise when the book of life is opened. And NO ONE can change that FACT.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (Polar @ May 13 2009, 12:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73614
"I'm sorry but yes God forgave me of my sins, PAST PRESENT, AND FUTURE, and NO ONE can change that FACT." -- Wretch-- Sounds like the digital version of picking up your ball and going hom.If you do not actively seek forgiveness for the sins you commit after being saved as well as work to maintain your relationship with God, then you are in for a bit of a surprise when the book of life is opened. And NO ONE can change that FACT.
Amen to that Polar

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (watchman @ May 13 2009, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73608
I didn't say I was without sin, and said I was forgiving, and no longer a sinner. You are the one that claimed yourself a sinner, not me.
Clue #1 - Not without sinClue #2 - No longer a sinnerWith all due respect watchman, that in itself in your statement is nothing but contradictory and pure blasphemy.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
QUOTE (GwH @ May 13 2009, 02:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73611
How is saying a statement is oxymoron hateful? There is no hate in any of my responses.QUOTE (watchman @ May 13 2009, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73612
Your future sins are not yet forgiving , and if you refuse to repent of them you will die in your sins, and go to Hell.You are new here GwH, that is how the two of them are. I wouldn't expect anything else.
Watch, you are a part of "you guys" too, as usual, you prove your belief that you are above all others. Why do you insist on continuing to prove you are a sinner?

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
QUOTE (Jordan @ May 13 2009, 03:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73616
Clue #1 - Not without sinClue #2 - No longer a sinnerWith all due respect watchman, that in itself in your statement is nothing but contradictory and pure blasphemy.
You believe as you wish, but in doing so you condemn yourself, and limit God.QUOTE (forgivenWretch @ May 13 2009, 04:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73617
How is saying a statement is oxymoron hateful? There is no hate in any of my responses.Watch, you are a part of "you guys" too, as usual, you prove your belief that you are above all others. Why do you insist on continuing to prove you are a sinner?
GwH was not referring to me.
wink.gif
, Jesus is going to get real fed up with you calling Him a sinner.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
QUOTE (Christina @ May 13 2009, 02:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73615
Amen to that Polar
Never said I did not actively ask for for giveness, but if I miss some, they too are forgiven. And BTW, I don't see anyone going home.QUOTE (watchman @ May 13 2009, 03:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73618
You believe as you wish, but in doing so you condemn yourself, and limit God.GwH was not referring to me.
wink.gif
, Jesus is going to get real fed up with you calling Him a sinner.
So now your Jesus? Go figure!

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
QUOTE (forgivenWretch @ May 13 2009, 04:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73619
Never said I did not actively ask for for giveness, but if I miss some, they too are forgiven. And BTW, I don't see anyone going home.So now your Jesus? Go figure!
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I am dead, it is Christ that lives in me, so for you to insist that I am still this day a sinner,then yes you are calling Jesus a sinner.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
QUOTE (watchman @ May 13 2009, 03:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73620
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I am dead, it is Christ that lives in me, so for you to insist that I am still this day a sinner,then yes you are calling Jesus a sinner.
You are what you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.