Is The Vatican >Mystrey Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#7: The Mother of Harlots

Now for Hunt’s most hilarious argument:
"John’s attention is next drawn to the inscription on the woman’s forehead: ‘THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH’ (verse 5, [Hunt’s emphasis]). Sadly enough, the Roman Catholic Church fits that description as precisely as she fits the others.
I'm not saying that you're right or wrong, or Hunt. but consider this. this mother have many daughters. and maybe that what you're confusing yourself on.

someone asked and said that Revelation was at John's time by stating the scripture, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". the key word in this scripture, is "THINGS". what things?, the "THINGS" which must shortly come to pass, and the thing(s) which he hast seen, (past) the things which are, (Present, John's Day), and the things which shall be hereafter (a history of Events). hereafter means: after an event concluding, upon or with conclusion. this is important. where are these things are found in the book. in the place where the book said they would be, Revelation 1:19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter". there are 3 "THING(S) to write about. in Revelation 1:11 it tells us WHERE these "THING(S) are written sent to, verse 11 "What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea" this book was to be "SENT" to these 7 churches not ONLY for theses 7 churches. follow the red. Revelation 2:1 "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks". Revelation 2:8 "And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive". Revelation 2:12 "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges". Revelation 2:18 "And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass". Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead". Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth". Revelation 3:14 "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God".

if anyone says that the entire book is for John Time only they need to check 1:1 again. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". the THING(S) written was only sent to these Churches, and not only for these churches. the THING(S) that was to happen shortly was given in chapter 2 & 3, John's day and time. chapter 4, after these "THING(S), let's see. Revelation 4:1 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter". here, THING(S) hereafter is a history of the Church from Start to finish. remember, hereafter means: after an event concluding, upon or with conclusion the CHURCH have not yet concluded. so this is the history of the church, (the body), and it's head (Christ). a history of all the saints.

in reference to Revelation 1:1. question, do God have "SERVANTS" only in the 7 churches listed? of course not. do God have "SERVANTS" only in John's day? of course not. do God have SERVANTS only before the current 7 churches? of course not. so the Revelation is a history of the Church from start to finish, given in John's day as to what must shortly come to pass. if anyone who say Revelation is only for the 7 churches in Johns day, they have not read the book. the 7 churches just was the ONLY one's to receive the "written" revelation. now, we all have it. God preserve his WORD.

PS a little edification, now that we know what John wrote which is, to the 7 churches, and what's after. what did John see and write before?. the Lord Jesus as the Holy Spirit, who is the HEAD, and the start, builder, and finisher of "HIS" Church, verses 4-20.

Peace in Christ Jesus

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not saying that you're right or wrong, or Hunt. but consider this. this mother have many daughters. and maybe that what you're confusing yourself on.

someone asked and said that Revelation was at John's time by stating the scripture, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". the key word in this scripture, is "THINGS". what things?, the "THINGS" which must shortly come to pass, and the thing(s) which he hast seen, (past) the things which are, (Present, John's Day), and the things which shall be hereafter (a history of Events). hereafter means: after an event concluding, upon or with conclusion. this is important. where are these things are found in the book. in the place where the book said they would be, Revelation 1:19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter". there are 3 "THING(S) to write about. in Revelation 1:11 it tells us WHERE these "THING(S) are written sent to, verse 11 "What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea" this book was to be "SENT" to these 7 churches not ONLY for theses 7 churches. follow the red. Revelation 2:1 "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks". Revelation 2:8 "And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive". Revelation 2:12 "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges". Revelation 2:18 "And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass". Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead". Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth". Revelation 3:14 "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God".

if anyone says that the entire book is for John Time only they need to check 1:1 again. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". the THING(S) written was only sent to these Churches, and not only for these churches. the THING(S) that was to happen shortly was given in chapter 2 & 3, John's day and time. chapter 4, after these "THING(S), let's see. Revelation 4:1 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter". here, THING(S) hereafter is a history of the Church from Start to finish. remember, hereafter means: after an event concluding, upon or with conclusion the CHURCH have not yet concluded. so this is the history of the church, (the body), and it's head (Christ). a history of all the saints.

in reference to Revelation 1:1. question, do God have "SERVANTS" only in the 7 churches listed? of course not. do God have "SERVANTS" only in John's day? of course not. do God have SERVANTS only before the current 7 churches? of course not. so the Revelation is a history of the Church from start to finish, given in John's day as to what must shortly come to pass. if anyone who say Revelation is only for the 7 churches in Johns day, they have not read the book. the 7 churches just was the ONLY one's to receive the "written" revelation. now, we all have it. God preserve his WORD.

PS a little edification, now that we know what John wrote which is, to the 7 churches, and what's after. what did John see and write before?. the Lord Jesus as the Holy Spirit, who is the HEAD, and the start, builder, and finisher of "HIS" Church, verses 4-20.

Peace in Christ Jesus

Last edited by a moderator:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The 7 churches that John wrote about are all in Asia Minor. He founded them himself and were in his 'diocese' so to speak. They represent all churches of all time.
I don't think obsessing on Rev. is healthy. It's not a do-it-yourself book for unlocking the future. People who squeeze the Catholic Church from between the lines have mental problems and should seek counselling.They are not reading scripture, they are reading the opinions of religious con artists into scripture.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
POPE SLAMS THREE TYPES OF PERSECUTION
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the November 22 homily given by Pope Francis:

Pope Francis has been consistent in his condemnation of what he calls “ideological colonization,” or the attempt by developed nations to impose a radical cultural agenda on the poor, including those who live in less developed nations. Such efforts ignore basic human differences, rooted in nature. This agenda inexorably leads to oppression, he said, manifesting itself in religious, political, and cultural persecution.

In his homily today, the pope singled out abortion as an example. He called it a “sin” that results in “killing children.” As if to prove the pope right about his concerns, California and Pennsylvania recently filed suit seeking to turn back the Trump administration’s rejection of President Obama’s Health and Human Services (HHS) mandate. It would force Catholic non-profits to pay for abortion-inducing drugs.

The Little Sisters of the Poor are fighting back. Yesterday, they asked federal district courts to prevent the two states from undoing the rollback of the HHS mandate.

The pope’s remarks are prescient. His love for the least among us, and his contempt for elites who seek to impose their corrupt ideas on society, should be welcomed by all Catholics, especially at Thanksgiving.
POPE SLAMS THREE TYPES OF PERSECUTION

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They are not reading scripture, they are reading the opinions of religious con artists into scripture.
Yes we have a few of those around do we not??? I dont know why people just cant talk about Jesus, since He is Lord and Saviour, well He is supposed to be.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those claiming the Vatican is Mystery Babylon are mentally ill and should seek counselling. Or they are grossly uneducated and easily deceived by slick sounding propaganda.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@michaelvpardo Good post...agree...the RCC is not Mystery Babylon...that is just another old fable tradition, spoon fed to us when we were baby Christians...then..we grow up, think for ourself and study, or should do! :)

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@michaelvpardo Good post...agree...the RCC is not Mystery Babylon...that is just another old fable tradition, spoon fed to us when we were baby Christians...then..we grow up, think for ourself and study, or should do! :)
The Vatican didn't exist as a city/state before 1928. Where was mystery babylon before that? Geneva?

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those claiming the Vatican is Mystery Babylon are mentally ill and should seek counselling. Or they are grossly uneducated and easily deceived by slick sounding propaganda.
The Vatican is the Harlot who rides on the beast systems back Rev.13 the beast on the sea, G7 nations. This beast system is going to receive a blow from the Lamb=Retribution of the Lamb = FATIMA 3rd secret. First Woe Rev.12:12=1trumpet Rev.8:7 and sixth seal Rev.6:12. The fall of these nations G7, which will include Vatican City , a kingdom within a kingdom is at hand! The Vatican has it's last king or Pope!
Some have called this retribution the 3days of darkness . In any case Mary foretold it to Sister Lucia. Then will come the Hallelujah of Rev.19. The Lord will not allow the gates of hell to prevail against His church. God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI: I have heard that said of every pope there has been in the years of my life. Shall I hold my breath?

Exactly, Pope Benedict XVI was supposed to be the last pope. Barack Obama was supposed to be the last president, and so was George Bush. Now Donald Trump is supposed to be the last president. It never ends with the rumors and accusations with people who are so dead set on the anti-Christ and mystery Babylon being of the Vatican or the United States. To add insult to injury, some of these people actually claim to get all this from the holy spirit.......:rolleyes:........yep, they essentially believe themselves to be prophets. Jesus Christ warned us about those people.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Exactly, Pope Benedict XVI was supposed to be the last pope. Barack Obama was supposed to be the last president, and so was George Bush. Now Donald Trump is supposed to be the last president. It never ends with the rumors and accusations with people who are so dead set on the anti-Christ and mystery Babylon being of the Vatican or the United States. To add insult to injury, some of these people actually claim to get all this from the holy spirit.......:rolleyes:........yep, they essentially believe themselves to be prophets. Jesus Christ warned us about those people.

Nope, it never ends. Seems like every one has been the last one for longer than I can remember. Would have been interesting to have lived circa the 1830's and 40's with all the denominations that sprang forth out of those days.

Besides, Ronald Wilson Reagan is clearly the 666. How could anyone not see that <chuckle>

I have encountered more so called prophets, people claiming to be one of the two witnesses and even Jesus returned in the flesh than I can count on all my fingers and toes. Heck, one even prophesied my death on a certain Passover years ago. I wonder if he was a false prophet?
<hearty chuckle>

Reactions: Helen and Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, it never ends. Seems like every one has been the last one for longer than I can remember. Would have been interesting to have lived circa the 1830's and 40's with all the denominations that sprang forth out of those days.

Besides, Ronald Wilson Reagan is clearly the 666. How could anyone not see that <chuckle>

I have encountered more so called prophets, people claiming to be one of the two witnesses and even Jesus returned in the flesh than I can count on all my fingers and toes. Heck, one even prophesied my death on a certain Passover years ago. I wonder if he was a false prophet?
<hearty chuckle>

He prophesied your death? Holy dog biscuits!!!!! He must have really hated your guts. Boy oh boy would I hate to be that clown on judgement day. He will definitely have some explaining to do on that one. :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
He prophesied your death? Holy dog biscuits!!!!! He most have really hated your guts. Boy oh boy would I hate to be that clown on judgement day. He will definitely have some explaining to do on that one. :eek::eek::eek:

Yep! I denounced him as a false prophet beforehand in front of those he was attempting to deceive. So, I guess I can understand why he may not have liked me very much. I don't hold it against him. Besides, it proved that he was indeed a false prophet. He left and never returned. I haven't even heard word of him since that day.

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep! I denounced him as a false prophet beforehand in front of those he was attempting to deceive. So, I guess I can understand why he may not have liked me very much. I don't hold it against him. Besides, it proved that he was indeed a false prophet. He left and never returned. I haven't even heard word of him since that day.

Serves him right. :)

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Serves him right. :)

He made my life easy in proving him a false prophet.

I have wondered about him from time to time over the years. I supposed if I were to run into him, I would test him, and if he had learned and repented, I would probably welcome him. However, that is only theoretical until put into practice.

There is one who claimed to be one of the two witnesses that I still harbor anger towards when they cross my mind. That one also was clearly false, and yes, I did denounce that one as well. However with the death of my wife, while in the depth of my grief, they used that as a platform to launch an attack against me. I don't know if I can be so forgiving toward that one. Guess now that I have thought of it. I need to do a little work in that area. Thanks Dcopymore.

BTW: That thanks is sincere. I feel a release of the bitterness that I was harboring even as I type this.

Reactions: Dcopymope

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Tis an interesting evening. For I had not thought of that in years. Didn't even realize that I was still harboring bitterness in my heart toward that one. I can feel the release, I can feel the workings of the Ruakh haQodesh attempting to circumcise the hardness of the foreskin of my heart. And yet, my flesh rises up arguing: Why forgive that one, coming up with argument after argument trying to convince me to hold on to at least some measure of bitterness against that one. Yet I know, that I need to submit, that I need to fully release the bitterness that I did not even realize was still there all these years later.

Like mold to bread, so also is the decay of bitterness the fermentation of my soul.

Last edited:

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI: I have heard that said of every pope there has been in the years of my life. Shall I hold my breath?
No do not hold your breath. Perhaps you have heard this all the years of your life. You have not heard it from me. And I have not heard this of Pope Francis until recent years. Prophecy reveals this actually in Rev.17 Lateran Treaty of 1929, this gave us the last kings of the Vatican. When this treaty was established it made Vatican City a kingdom within a kingdom =Rome and gives us our final eight Popes. When St. John saw this in his vision he saw the sixth Pope and his Reign . This was Pope John Paul the II, for in the prophecy it states: 5 of whom have fallen= 5 have died, one is=PJP2, the other has not yet come =Pope Benedict XVI. Of him it says: And when he comes he must remain ONLY a little while. This speaks to the fact his reign will be cut short, he stepped down before it was up and his reign was short, relative to PJP2's reign. Pope Benedict was the seventh. The beast that was and is not, it is an eighth BUT belongs to the seven and it goes to its destruction or perdition= the eighth king will be part of the end of last days beast system which is Masonic=Luciferian . This is the beast out on the sea Rev13. This system is going to receive a blow to the head by the Lamb. This will put a PAUSE on things for the elect. The end time Bride=Church will be nourished away from this system by the Two Witness for a 3 1/2 year period. This means the beast system will be in reboot and will rise out of the earth=Beast out of the Earth Rev.13:11. The fall of the Beast Out Of The Sea, will be the first Woe, Rev.12:12. Which is accompanied by the first trumpet and the sixth seal which tells what the kings and generals, rich and their servants will do. They will retreat under the earth and mountains. The second Woe will be passed after the death and resurrection of the Two Witness Rev.11:7-14. It is the Beast out of the earth who will wage WAR against the saints. After its mortal wound is healed and it recovers their will be NEW Kingdoms on board in the beast system.

Rev.19 is the Marriage Feast of the Lamb and Blessed are those who are called to it. This is the nourishment time for the Bride and is the Two Witnesses job to build up the Bride and strengthen her, for what is to follow, the greatest and final deception. God Bless!

Last edited:

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to some, Pope Benedict XVI was to be the last Pope but not according to Rev.17. As for Barack Obama being the last president, there are ten kings who have yet to receive their crowns. Could Obama have sealed the deal during his presidency, to become a king who will yet be given a kingdom to preside over? Could he still be relevant for a beast system reign? He performed enough debauchery as president to validate his servitude to satan. He most definitely is a contender. Don't under estimate the times we are living in. And do not be duped by the "so called" Trump reign either. Things are not always what they seem to be. Trump isn't going to defeat this beast system. He will be played by its true heads who have much, much more power and money- they control the money! God Bless!