Is The Vatican >Mystrey Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
costliness: Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
G5094 τιμιότης timiotes (tiy-miy-o'-tees) n.
1. expensiveness.
2. (by implication) magnificence.
[from G5093]
KJV: costliness
Root(s): G5093
Still isn't present in the verse you quoted???

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Costliness KJV got it? Wealth yes. Are you saying this is Israel, Jerusalem to be exact? I have many different bibles for reference, Including KJV. Just did not see it in the version I have been presently using. Wealth= costliness.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Costliness KJV got it? Wealth yes. Are you saying this is Israel, Jerusalem to be exact? I have many different bibles for reference, Including KJV. Just did not see it in the version I have been presently using. Wealth= costliness.
Jerusalem

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem
How about this, speaking of Israel, Jerusalem to be exact ,in scripture the Book of Revelation is called mystically or allegorically " Sodom and Egypt"Rev.11:8. Now why did St. Peter call Rome, " Babylon" in 1Peter 5:13? Stop pushing an agenda let's look at the scriptural facts!

Reactions: perrero

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 18:19 And they threw dust on their heads , as they mourned , crying out, " Alas, alas for the great city where all who had ships at sea grew rich by her wealth! In one hour she has been laid waist. Are you saying this is Israel? And it does not say anything about costliness in that verse. What bible are you quoting from?

means the same thing so why the debate

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First thanks for the response, but...... Revelation 18:19 "And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate". costliness, not a coastline, look up the word.
My bad, totally misread that. Nevertheless, the reference to ships makes you wonder if it is actually Jerusalem. Verse 17 would seem to clarify that; "For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off"

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see post #40

I don't see how anyone reading Revelation with honest eyes to see and ears to hear can possibly conclude mystery Babylon to be any other city or place but Jerusalem, or the current, natural Jerusalem as you called it. It is the same city from which Jesus Christ himself rules during the millennial reign, which is another big clue, because new Jerusalem doesn't actually descend until after the millennial reign and the great white throne judgement, as does the new heaven and earth.

Reactions: 101G

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denial of obvious biblical prophecy is bliss. Most of you here are Blissfully ignorant to basic historical and biblical ties. Perhaps if you deny enough, lie enough and hide enough you will accomplish hiding the obvious from Christians who pass by this forum . This forum has a RC agenda. Even those who claim to not ascribe to RCC's teachings seem to defend it. These are the same people who scream one can not be non-denominational. If you are Protestant and one of its many sects you would never defend ANYTHING concerning the RCC and certainly NOT the Pope. If you are of RCC you would perhaps defend a Protestant against my rebuttals, like only a harlot=prostitute would...for self gain.

So, since you deny obvious truths that I have revealed to you in my post- on behalf Of Yeshua the Christ- if you are here,( for the prophecies revealed are not far off in coming to fruition much of which has already been revealed by beatified Saints of the RCC, the true ones that is)-you will see happen. Prophecy is a wait and see kind of thing. We are in an era of living prophecy in real time. I have my MAGNIFIERS ON! She whose soul magnifies the Lord. What does this mean? And to whom does her soul magnify the Lord for?

Rev.18: Then I heard another voice in heaven saying, "Come out of her my people, lest you take part in her SINS, lest you share in her plagues; for her sins are heaped up high as heaven and God has remembered her iniquities.
Rev.11:8 and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the GREAT CITY* which is allegorically (Or mystically, as some bibles say) called SODOM and EGYPT where their Lord WAS CRUCIFIED. This chapter precedes to tell HOW it is destroyed, AN EARTHQUAKE! So you can continue to deny and lie all you want. THE SCRIPTURES DO NOT! Which is it concerning Jerusalem, Rev.11 or REV.19? The scriptures reveal what CHRIST calls Jerusalem. Jerusalem is not arrayed in scarlet and purple like Bishops and Cardinals are. Jerusalem is not drunk on the blood of the Martyrs and Saints. Do you even know what this means? I won't say , let's see what you've got! Somethings are self evident, that is- for those who TRULY have an anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 17
1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,

>snip<
15 Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.

The blue indicates Diplomatic Missions of Israel, Vatican City and The United States around the world.

Israel - List of diplomatic missions of Israel - Wikipedia

400px-Diplomatic_missions_of_Israel.png

Vatican City (The Holy See) - List of diplomatic missions of the Holy See - Wikipedia

400px-Diplomatic_Missions_of_Holy_See.png

The United States - List of diplomatic missions of the United States - Wikipedia

450px-US_embassies_2007.png

While Israel and the Vatican stand on much of the world, The United States stands on virtually all of it.

And even though the identity of Mystery Babylon is just speculation on my part, I believe it is something that should be noted.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem is not arrayed in scarlet and purple like Bishops and Cardinals are
Exodus 25:1 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,Exodus 25:2 "Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering And this is the offering which ye shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass, And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats' hair,Exodus 25:5 "And rams' skins dyed red, and badgers' skins, and shittim wood".

Exodus 26:1 "Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them.

Exodus 26:36 "And thou shalt make an hanging for the door of the tent, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework.

Exodus 27:16 "And for the gate of the court shall be an hanging of twenty cubits, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework: and their pillars shall be four, and their sockets four.

Must we go on, for there are many more references.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 25:1 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,Exodus 25:2 "Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering And this is the offering which ye shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass, And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats' hair,Exodus 25:5 "And rams' skins dyed red, and badgers' skins, and shittim wood".

Exodus 26:1 "Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them.

Exodus 26:36 "And thou shalt make an hanging for the door of the tent, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework.

Exodus 27:16 "And for the gate of the court shall be an hanging of twenty cubits, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework: and their pillars shall be four, and their sockets four.

Must we go on, for there are many more references.
It is very clear that the revelation was written to let the servants of the LORD KNOW WHAT IS TO HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE, NOT THE PAST!

Reactions: Truth

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 17
1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,

>snip<
15 Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.

The blue indicates Diplomatic Missions of Israel, Vatican City and The United States around the world.

Israel - List of diplomatic missions of Israel - Wikipedia

400px-Diplomatic_missions_of_Israel.png

Vatican City (The Holy See) - List of diplomatic missions of the Holy See - Wikipedia

400px-Diplomatic_Missions_of_Holy_See.png

The United States - List of diplomatic missions of the United States - Wikipedia

450px-US_embassies_2007.png

While Israel and the Vatican stand on much of the world, The United States stands on virtually all of it.

And even though the identity of Mystery Babylon is just speculation on my part, I believe it is something that should be noted.

The Mystery Babylon is an end time beast system government which is the beast out of the sea. Rev.13. I said Rome is part of the mystery Babylon . And the Vatican City is a kingdom within a kingdom. I said the present day beast system which the HARLOT rides or sits upon is that beast system.The present day beast system are the G7 Nations in union with the EU. Perhaps you should read people threads before you attempt to correct people.

Reactions: buddyt

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very clear that the revelation was written to let the servants of the LORD KNOW WHAT IS TO HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE, NOT THE PAST!
To add to that: NICE TRY,Rev1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ , which God gave him to SHOW TO HIS SERVANTS WHAT MUST SOON TAKE PLACE; and He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John. Order of events way off.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, a bo-bo on your Part. Revelation 1:19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter". things in the Past, present, and future.

Reactions: Job

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The Beast of the sea, the beast of the land>> Read your bible please>>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA<> Can anyone read their bible >>AAAAA<<>>>> A 10 year old can understand but I see the most smarrtty pants people on this forum can not !! There will 2 MMMM >> No? Anti>false one!!>>not hard to understand>> Its denial>> all the way baby!!>>that's it >>leave the denial >>a 10 year old can understand!Enjoy