Is the Word of God only found in scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no rev 12:1 the woman is the adversary of Satan the old red dragon
Israel was in cahoots with Satan! Crucify him! Crucify him!

they never had the testimony of Jesus or kept the commandments vs 17

the man child is Jesus Christ and Mary is his mother the woman must be Mary

Mary is satans adversary gen 3:15
Enmity total war between Mary and Satan

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace

Queen Esther
Fair Esther 2:7
Mary all fair Song of Solomon 4:12
Found Favor Esther 2:17
Mary found favor with God Lk 1:30
Esther saves her people interceding with the king
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2: 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. How much more Mary who was prepared by God thru the immaculate conception! Lk 1:49

We are finished here. all you do is vomit out the same statements without proof other than you believe what th eromanists taught in these things.

Time to mercy kill this discussion and move on to another thread.

Have the last word if you wish.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have Christ’s authority
When you use a pronoun, it is a good idea for communication's sake to advise people what it stands for... What is the antecedent of "they"?

If the original "they" were the apostles who followed Jesus in the flesh 2000 years ago and the organized body called the Catholic Church today by many has disqualified itself as the Church, then who are the ones contained in the "they" of today? How could one know without being led by God?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
im not saying scripture is not the divine revelation and not the word of God I’m asking about what they received, what it divine revelation and the word of God, and then when they taught it? Why only when it was written down decades later?

Why is the story of susana’s great faith not scripture? Dan 13 what authority of the tradition of men under king James have to decide if it’s scripture or not?
I think back peddling is too late....the cat is outta the bag and has been for some time.....your previous posts are testimony to that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are finished here. all you do is vomit out the same statements without proof other than you believe what th eromanists taught in these things.

Time to mercy kill this discussion and move on to another thread.

Have the last word if you wish.
Many Proofs but you’re blinded by error and spiritual anarchy

Obedience as becomes a Christian or rebellion of the heretics

Obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Taught the one true faith revealed by Christ to His apostles! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

God always establishes order in the obedience to hierarchical authority!

Must be taught by Christ! Gal 1:2

Taught By the apostles! Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 8

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you use a pronoun, it is a good idea for communication's sake to advise people what it stands for... What is the antecedent of "they"?

If the original "they" were the apostles who followed Jesus in the flesh 2000 years ago and the organized body called the Catholic Church today by many has disqualified itself as the Church, then who are the ones contained in the "they" of today? How could one know without being led by God?

they is always the apostles

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think back peddling is too late....the cat is outta the bag and has been for some time.....your previous posts are testimony to that.

why would I be opposed to scripture? That’s ridiculous!

mom only asking a question about the word of God and divine revelation?

Christians have must believe in scripture and tradition (apostolic tradition)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement is illogical. Paul was not alive to authenticate traditions that came 300 or so years later.
All our doctrine is in the sacred deposit of faith from Christ to his church of the apostles eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They have Christ’s authority
Who had Christ's authority? And again, what's that got to do with the post you were responding to #239? I was correcting something you had said previously, now your moving the goal posts and talking about something totally different. Not the first time I've noticed this. When you're stuck for a logical and pointed response, you post a screed of scriptures that are irrelevant to the topic, pretending you have won some major spiritual battle with these accursed Protestants, but no, your arguments are empty and your striving to uphold Catholic dogma using scripture am abject failure. If you want to defend Catholicism, you're better off just cleaving to your leaders encyclicals and the apostate teachings of your church fathers. The Bible does not support Catholicism. Never has.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who had Christ's authority? And again, what's that got to do with the post you were responding to #239? I was correcting something you had said previously, now your moving the goal posts and talking about something totally different. Not the first time I've noticed this. When you're stuck for a logical and pointed response, you post a screed of scriptures that are irrelevant to the topic, pretending you have won some major spiritual battle with these accursed Protestants, but no, your arguments are empty and your striving to uphold Catholic dogma using scripture am abject failure. If you want to defend Catholicism, you're better off just cleaving to your leaders encyclicals and the apostate teachings of your church fathers. The Bible does not support Catholicism. Never has.
So God only ever established a rigid rigorous puritanical fundamentalist Protestantism?

whatever! You’re those who do not accept sound doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42
There is only one church Jn 10:16 united to Christ Jn 15:1-5 teaching with his authority matt 28:19-20
Obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

Accept church and His church, or reject both! Christ and His holy church are one, acts 9:4 and cannot be separated!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement is illogical. Paul was not alive to authenticate traditions that came 300 or so years later.

Obedience of faith!

1 John 2

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

Accept church and His church, or reject both! Christ and His holy church are one, acts 9:4 and cannot be separated!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the fathers are apostles and have Christ authority to teach without error jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they is always the apostles
According to the gospels during the time when Jesus walked planet Earth as a man during his ministry 12 apostles, including the son of perdition , are named. Those names are then the antecedents for the "they" in the gospels.

Where are the names today of which you speak when you use that same pronoun, "they"? You have said that they do not include the present person bearing the title of Pope [Francis, but you name not one who is to be included... although you seem to insist that they are necessary and have authority. Not one name after Pius XII?

How about the name of Jesus? Do we need another? Should we expect another?

"Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" Matt 11:2-3

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Reactions: Brakelite

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the gospels during the time when Jesus walked planet Earth as a man during his ministry 12 apostles, including the son of perdition , are named. Those names are then the antecedents for the "they" in the gospels.

Where are the names today of which you speak when you use that same pronoun, "they"? You have said that they do not include the present person bearing the title of Pope [Francis, but you name not one who is to be included... although you seem to insist that they are necessary and have authority. Not one name after Pius XII?

How about the name of Jesus? Do we need another? Should we expect another?

"Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" Matt 11:2-3

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12
The valid faithful bishops

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Proofs but you’re blinded by error and spiritual anarchy

Obedience as becomes a Christian or rebellion of the heretics

Obedience of faith!

1 John 2

Thus endeth this debate!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All our doctrine is in the sacred deposit of faith from Christ to his church of the apostles eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
This statement is also illogical since Jude was speaking in the past tense, not the future tense. Jude was making no claim concerning traditions that would arise after he wrote his letter. Even Paul's assertion about the "one faith" speaks about a faith that was complete during the time of his letter.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So God only ever established a rigid rigorous puritanical fundamentalist Protestantism?
Good grief, when did I claim anything close to that?
Jesus established a church. The apostles were the foundation, Jesus the Rock of Truth it was built against as the chief Cornerstone. The apostles and disciples of that first church established as missionaries after Pentecost spread the gospel to all the world. Jerusalem was the first center. Then other cities came into prominence. Antioch. Pella. Alexandria. Rome. Istanbul and the various cities around Asia minor. From these cities the gospel spread quickly and widely throughout the world.
Various leaders and pastors were anointed to care for the churches in those areas. The bishops. Not until the 3rd and 4th centuries did the bishop of Rome begin to claim authority over those other bishops. Until then, all the churches were independent and acted and moved as the holy Spirit led. They continued to minister to their kettle, and send out missionaries further and further until the gospel teaches place such as China and Japan and Persia and Afghanistan and all places in between. This all before the 12th century, and none of them has any connection to Rome.
The same in the other direction. The gospel had reached throughout the empire as far as Britain by the end of the second century... Again without any connection to Rome. The sad fact if history is that as the bishop of Rome sought more and more authority over the churches, he, through the power of the state destroyed those Christian churches if they refused to submit. That is history. And the truth of the gospel survived despite Roman papal interference. It was in those churches where you need to look for true authority that was handed down from the apostles. Not Rome

Reactions: CadyandZoe