Is The World Flat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm thinking the weather would be much more violent near the ledge than we see at the north or south poles. The change in air density would be much more dramatic.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
lforrest said:
It is fun to think about such things, would it be better if the earth were cylindrical? You would have a consistent exposure to the sun everywhere, because the angle of incidence which causes the seasons wouldn't change based on ladditude.

In regards to gravity the simplified concept of objects accelerating towards their centers of mass is insufficient. It is necessary to integrate the differential equation of gravimetric force vectors in 3 dimensions. Since gravity is a function of specific mass over distance squared. If you do the math I'm sure the Force vectors would approach some steep angle towards the end, because there is mass on one side of the ledge but not the other.
Gee, I wonder why God didn't think of that!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
James Forthwright said:
Interesting video, Stan. However, much of what PressResetRadio stated was incorrect or inconclusive. I found it very illuminating that he unequivocally stated that NASA's photos of the earth are bunk and they are prone to repeatedly lie to us. The comments were more enlightening than the video itself (and it's interesting that PressResetRadio disabled the like/dislike function). The Coriolis Effect is more myth than science. You won't find it in a military manual. You'll also find testimony from pilots who swear they can see the curvature of the earth and others say it's flat. His moon looks different in each hemisphere premise can be refuted quite easily. Tack a picture to the ceiling and it will also appear upside down if you look at it in opposite directions.
A very interesting phenomenon that refutes the supposition that the moon reflects the light of the sun: a number of folks have placed an object half in the moonlight and half in the shade. Using a digital laser temperature device, contrary to what you might think, the half in the moonlight is COLDER that the portion in the shade. It appears that the moon radiates it's own light with different characteristics than the sun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6TJvAGES0U
Then I can only assume your agenda is to actually push your worldview and not accept any facts that counter it. Of course this contradicts your statement that you haven't made up your mind yet. It's obvious you've made up your mind and are not really looking for any other prospective or real truth so in my opinion there is no sense whatsoever in responding any further to your posts in this matter.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The Barrd said:
I was going to be nice and not tell you that, Forrest.
But as long as you know it anyway...
That was a really dumb idea.
Barring the weird atmosphere and oceanic ring it wouldn't be so bad if of large enough diameter.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Then I can only assume your agenda is to actually push your worldview and not accept any facts that counter it. Of course this contradicts your statement that you haven't made up your mind yet. It's obvious you've made up your mind and are not really looking for any other prospective or real truth so in my opinion there is no sense whatsoever in responding any further to your posts in this matter.
I specifically addressed a number of the explanations in that video as having other valid explanations. What more should I have done? What evidence did you find compelling? Did you bother to watch the video links I posted? Here's another:

200 Proofs Earth Is Not A Spinning Ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k79Hj8XUNFM

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
James Forthwright said:
I specifically addressed a number of the explanations in that video as having other valid explanations. What more should I have done? What evidence did you find compelling? Did you bother to watch the video links I posted? Here's another:
200 Proofs Earth Is Not A Spinning Ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k79Hj8XUNFM
All you're specifically doing is denying that the Earth is round. And then posting videos you think people should run through to imbibe this type of lame-brained garbage. What I find sad is that you actually swallow some of this stuff at your age instead of already knowing that it's all garbage. Apparently you didn't pay enough attention in science class? The one commonality in all the videos you post is how monotonous and drone like the voices are. Sounds to me like some very brainwashed people.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
All you're specifically doing is denying that the Earth is round. And then posting videos you think people should run through to imbibe this type of lame-brained garbage. What I find sad is that you actually swallow some of this stuff at your age instead of already knowing that it's all garbage. Apparently you didn't pay enough attention in science class? The one commonality in all the videos you post is how monotonous and drone like the voices are. Sounds to me like some very brainwashed people.
[SIZE=10pt]“When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, it’s a wonder I can think at all.” –Paul Simon, Kodachrome[/SIZE]

The education system today is geared more towards indoctrination of societal norms, blind acceptance of certain factoids of One World views and regurgitation of historical trivia than stimulating the student to be intellectually inquisitive or individualistic in thought.

[SIZE=10pt]"Condemnation without investigation is the height of Ignorance." - Albert Einstein.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I encourage the readers of this thread to do their own investigation into this topic rather than hastily condemning the flat earth assertions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]To those who might believe all flat-earthers are "monotonous and drone like the voices are", here is the lovely and talented Patricia Steere in one of many of her Flat Earth and Other Hot Potatoes broadcasts:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_uF2mBGko[/SIZE]

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
James Forthwright said:
“When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, it’s a wonder I can think at all.” –Paul Simon, Kodachrome

The education system today is geared more towards indoctrination of societal norms, blind acceptance of certain factoids of One World views and regurgitation of historical trivia than stimulating the student to be intellectually inquisitive or individualistic in thought.

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of Ignorance." - Albert Einstein.

I encourage the readers of this thread to do their own investigation into this topic rather than hastily condemning the flat earth assertions.

To those who might believe all flat-earthers are "monotonous and drone like the voices are", here is the lovely and talented Patricia Steere in one of many of her Flat Earth and Other Hot Potatoes broadcasts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_uF2mBGko
As you seem incapable of distinguishing fact from fiction I see no reason to continue trying to make you see it, so have fun in your little flat world.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, the other day I wrote a big long post, but I guess it didn't post for some reason. Here's the gist of it:

Do you really think NASA could organize a world wide scam where they hoodwink everyone into believing the world is round, and everyone would go along with it? Consider the Russians. They have sent cosmonauts into space. There is no way they would just go along with some lie that NASA has concocted. They have shown that they are not willing to just blindly follow along with world beliefs. Look at another very interesting topic, and that is that the Russians believe in something called abiotic oil. The rest of the entire world believes that oil is a fossil fuel, which means that it is the result of dead dinosaurs and flora from those times. But after they succeeded in drilling oil at depths much deeper than any life ever lived on the earth, Russian scientists have come up with a theory that oil is not really biotic, but that it is abiotic. Not only that, they believe that it is a renewable resource that is generated in the earth's core and forced up into the fissures of the crust.

As interesting as that subject is, I don't bring it up to argue that it's true. My point is that Russians are known for bucking the system of world philosophies, rather than following along. Russian cosmonauts have seen the earth from space, and there is no way they would just follow along with some silly lie from NASA. It's pretty darned hard to keep a worldwide secret like that, especially when people with different ideas, motives, and philosophies are involved. So basically, there's no way in the world that the earth is flat.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
forrestcupp said:
Man, the other day I wrote a big long post, but I guess it didn't post for some reason. Here's the gist of it:

Do you really think NASA could organize a world wide scam where they hoodwink everyone into believing the world is round, and everyone would go along with it? Consider the Russians. They have sent cosmonauts into space. There is no way they would just go along with some lie that NASA has concocted. They have shown that they are not willing to just blindly follow along with world beliefs. Look at another very interesting topic, and that is that the Russians believe in something called abiotic oil. The rest of the entire world believes that oil is a fossil fuel, which means that it is the result of dead dinosaurs and flora from those times. But after they succeeded in drilling oil at depths much deeper than any life ever lived on the earth, Russian scientists have come up with a theory that oil is not really biotic, but that it is abiotic. Not only that, they believe that it is a renewable resource that is generated in the earth's core and forced up into the fissures of the crust.

As interesting as that subject is, I don't bring it up to argue that it's true. My point is that Russians are known for bucking the system of world philosophies, rather than following along. Russian cosmonauts have seen the earth from space, and there is no way they would just follow along with some silly lie from NASA. It's pretty darned hard to keep a worldwide secret like that, especially when people with different ideas, motives, and philosophies are involved. So basically, there's no way in the world that the earth is flat.
I'm pretty sure thinking doesn't have a lot to do with it. Conspiracy theorists don't really think a lot they just like to look for conspiracies, even when there are none.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
forrestcupp said:
Do you really think NASA could organize a world wide scam where they hoodwink everyone into believing the world is round, and everyone would go along with it? Consider the Russians. They have sent cosmonauts into space. There is no way they would just go along with some lie that NASA has concocted. They have shown that they are not willing to just blindly follow along with world beliefs.
Thanks for responding, you raise some interesting points. Speaking of the Russian mindset, while working in an international high-tech company in Silicon Valley, I asked three Russian engineers whether they believed that the Apollo astronauts walked on the moon. Each one emphatically said, “No.”
It is also important to note that whether the individual missions are genuine or not, space exploration is BIG BUSINESS. The Russians and NASA are business partners in numerous space ventures including the International Space Station (ISS). So it would be in their mutual fiscal interest to stick to the program. There is a recent video plainly showing an ISS astronaut going through the motions with a gridded blue screen directly behind him.

forrestcupp said:
Look at another very interesting topic, and that is that the Russians believe in something called abiotic oil. The rest of the entire world believes that oil is a fossil fuel, which means that it is the result of dead dinosaurs and flora from those times. But after they succeeded in drilling oil at depths much deeper than any life ever lived on the earth, Russian scientists have come up with a theory that oil is not really biotic, but that it is abiotic. Not only that, they believe that it is a renewable resource that is generated in the earth's core and forced up into the fissures of the crust.
I tend to believe the Russian perspective regarding the origin of oil, i.e., that oil is a naturally occurring renewable resource. Again follow the money. It is in the interest of the oil companies to foster the idea of “peak oil” and a depleting finite supply to justify maintaining their high prices. Each year oil companies are making record profits in the billions of dollars, especially using horizontal drilling techniques as well as the burgeoning fracking industry.

forrestcupp said:
After 50 years, I’ve yet to see a single untouched picture of the earth from space either from the Russians or NASA. It’s all computer generated eye-candy visualizations. Most of these show a perfect sphere while other slick actors like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, posing as “astrophysicists” claim that the earth is really an oblate pear-shaped spheroid offering no pictures to validate their divergent claims.

It all boils down to whether you want to believe and trust your God-given senses (that we are living on a flat motionless plane) or blindly accept the globe model that they teach/indoctrinate you in schools and daily reinforce through the mass media (they don’t call it “programming” for nothing) and phantasmagoric tales of Star Trek science fiction?

Do your senses convince you that the ground you’re standing on is supposedly spinning on its tilted axis at 1,000 mph, while simultaneously orbiting the sun at 66,600 mph, while the sun itself is travelling through the galaxy at 483,000 miles per hour, while the Milky Way galaxy is hurtling through an ever-expanding universe at 1.3 million miles per hour? Yet the clouds in the thin atmosphere above this planet remain practically stationary or usually drift lazily along at a moderate pace?

I believe it’s no coincidence that the same egghead scientists that spin this preposterous yarn also regularly ridicule the notion a divine Creator and would rather you believe that all of the richness of life around us is a result of some giant cosmic explosion and mankind (was not made in God’s image but) slowly evolved from apes?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
One of the oldest proofs of the Earth's shape, however, can be seen from the ground and occurs during every lunar eclipse. The geometry of a lunar eclipse has been known since ancient Greece. When a full Moon occurs in the plane of Earth's orbit, the Moon slowly moves through Earth's shadow. Every time that shadow is seen, its edge is round. Once again, the only solid that always projects a round shadow is a sphere.
Answered by: Paul Walorski, B.A., Part-time Physics/Astronomy Instructor

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know people who have flown completely around the world. I'm getting into the conversation late. Have you already explained how that works with a flat earth? Is every jet airplane pilot in on this lie, too, and they're all keeping the secret from the rest of us?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
forrestcupp said:
I know people who have flown completely around the world. I'm getting into the conversation late. Have you already explained how that works with a flat earth? Is every jet airplane pilot in on this lie, too, and they're all keeping the secret from the rest of us?
I'm still trying to figure out if this member is serious or just trolling? The sad thing is there are many people out there apparently that pushes Flat Earth conspiracy so I guess people just don't have anything better to do with their time?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who over think things.. Have you ever gone up in an airplane??? You can physically see the curve. You have got to be kidding me HAHAHA Not to mention when you do a long exposure with a camera at night, you can see the rotating by the position of the stars light moving...

This is ridiculous... wow!!

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
I'm still trying to figure out if this member is serious or just trolling? The sad thing is there are many people out there apparently that pushes Flat Earth conspiracy so I guess people just don't have anything better to do with their time?
I always thought it was a big joke. I never thought anyone actually believed it.

Born_Again said:
For those who over think things.. Have you ever gone up in an airplane??? You can physically see the curve. You have got to be kidding me HAHAHA Not to mention when you do a long exposure with a camera at night, you can see the rotating by the position of the stars light moving...

This is ridiculous... wow!!
The sun, moon, and stars rotate around the earth. Remember? :D

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet he saw Pirates of the Caribbean at Worlds End... See, their boat falls off the side of the ocean in that one.... Disney said its true, it must be lol

Status
Not open for further replies.