Is The World Flat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
For those who over think things.. Have you ever gone up in an airplane??? You can physically see the curve. You have got to be kidding me HAHAHA Not to mention when you do a long exposure with a camera at night, you can see the rotating by the position of the stars light moving...

This is ridiculous... wow!!
What I'm doing is not "over thinking things" but daring to step out the programmed mindset and re-think things based on what the Bible states and what my God-given senses confirm. I fully realize that the Flat Earth concept, at first mention, seems utterly preposterous. However, all I ask is that you take the time to re-examine what you've been told. Watch a few Flat Earth videos on YouTube and MAKE YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.

Could you post a picture of this observed curvature from an airplane? That should be a relatively easy thing for you to do. What you'll find is that the horizon line remains completely flat and always rises with you as you ascend. This would not occur if the earth was a sphere. There are many career pilots who attest to this fact. Sailors can also confirm that the term 'sea level' means exactly what it is, i.e. flat and level.

Regarding the rotation of the stars. . . There is another completely plausible cosmological explanation that is scriptural and actually makes more sense than what is commonly taught in school. That is, that the earth is a stationary plane and the stars rotate in the firmament around Polaris, the North Star. This would also account for the fact that the constellations have not changed their positions for thousands of years.

If all the incredible motion that scientists have told us is continually occurring to the earth, moon, sun and stars, the perspective positions of these celestial constellations would drastically change through time in relation to the earth and each other. Yet, Orion, Arcturus and the Pleiades remain in their exact positions as they were recorded in the Book of Job (regularly regarded as the oldest book in the Bible) and the book of Amos (Job 9:9, Job 31:38, Amos 5:8).

Beloved212

Apr 5, 2016
mjrhealth said:
If the world was flat ther would be a lot of expensove cruise ships falling off the edge
Interestingly enough, this is true. After all these years and all of Science's exploration, why would someone ask if the world is flat. We have evolved so much to go back to this simple question.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Beloved212 said:
Interestingly enough, this is true. After all these years and all of Science's exploration, why would someone ask if the world is flat. We have evolved so much to go back to this simple question.
I didn't think he was serious at first.

Evidently....he is.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
forrestcupp said:
Nice try, Forrestcupp. However, most folks that continue to believe in the globe-earth model will readily admit that no curvature of the earth
is visible/detectable at or near sea level. If you examine the picture you posted you can clearly see that the entire right side of the picture
from the center onward is completely flat.
Any apparent "curvature" on the left side of the photo is more than likely an optical illusion due to camera lens distortion coupled with
intrusion of the visible cloud cover obscuring the sea surface. Any actual curvature would be uniform on both sides of the picture.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've got to be kidding Stan! :) Your sky diving shot is obviously a fish-eye lens photo.

Here's a glimpse of reality:

ojn3Fn0.png

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps its time for his little cup of pills so he had to leave the computer.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:

At 2:15 when Felix Baumgartner first opens the capsule you can clearly see a flat horizon from the camera positioned inside the capsule. The rest is fish-eye lens footage (see 3:08 & 3:26). The horizon magically morphs from concave to convex from 4:02 to 4:16 also indicative of a fish-eye lens.

The hull down web site is also misleading as there are many Flat Earth videos that demonstrate that the waterline of ships in the distance can be observed using higher magnification binoculars or telescopes. And many others that show cities and objects that should be far past line of sight on a globe yet they are clearly visible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4oT2EbDONs

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Stan, if you are interested, I have ocean front property in Arizona. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.