Is The World Flat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Practically all of NASA images are CGI (Computer Generated Images) they are fanciful cartoons. The mountain picture is also another obvious fish eye lens.

Neil and Buzz and the rest of the "astroNOTS" never went to the moon. It was simply a cold war propaganda campaign. If you watch the press conferences after the moon mission all the astronauts have their heads down and look like they were at a funeral instead of just completing one of mankind's greatest adventures. They are actors performing a part in a grand fictitious space play. If they don't cooperate they'll end up like Gus Grissom, (Roger Chaffee & Ed White) who actually hung a lemon on the outside of his space capsule and were incinerated on the launchpad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t651XI5PFY

Look at the triumphant moonwalker's body language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RcKLAo62Ro

Only one out of seven Apollo astronauts would put their hand on a Bible and swear they walked on the moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1S0oObHT0c

It would be appreciated if you could rationally comment on the video links I posted on Anacapa Island being visible as well as those in this post. I'm at least taking the time to critique YOUR pictures/posts.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Never ceases to amaze me how gullible some people can be despite all the evidence in the world to the contrary. Conspiracists are the worst and apparently are devoid of any kind of rational when it comes to actual science. There really is no debating or arguing with them because they are incapable of being rational or making rational judgments. I know exactly how God must feel. Despite all that we can see in this world that shows we have a creator comma people refuse to believe it.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/debunking-myth-that-moon-landing-was-hoax-1457501

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James Forthwright said:
Nice try, Forrestcupp. However, most folks that continue to believe in the globe-earth model will readily admit that no curvature of the earth
is visible/detectable at or near sea level. If you examine the picture you posted you can clearly see that the entire right side of the picture
from the center onward is completely flat.
Any apparent "curvature" on the left side of the photo is more than likely an optical illusion due to camera lens distortion coupled with
intrusion of the visible cloud cover obscuring the sea surface. Any actual curvature would be uniform on both sides of the picture.
Yeah, and you brought up the exact point I was hoping to pull out of you from that picture. The earth has a diameter of 8000 miles. It's impossible for the human eye to have a view wide enough of the horizon to even perceive a curvature, even though there is one. Plus, you have to keep in mind that the horizon we see is not even a straight line to begin with. In fact, the average 5' 7" person standing on the ground can see 2.9 miles into the horizon. Considering that you can only see 2.9 miles in any angle, the horizon is not a straight line across the sky, but a circle around the viewer with a radius of 2.9 miles. If you think that a view distance of 2.9 miles on an earth that has a circumference of around 25,000 miles is enough to visibly perceive curvature, you're deceiving yourself.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
forrestcupp said:
Yeah, and you brought up the exact point I was hoping to pull out of you from that picture. The earth has a diameter of 8000 miles. It's impossible for the human eye to have a view wide enough of the horizon to even perceive a curvature, even though there is one. Plus, you have to keep in mind that the horizon we see is not even a straight line to begin with. In fact, the average 5' 7" person standing on the ground can see 2.9 miles into the horizon. Considering that you can only see 2.9 miles in any angle, the horizon is not a straight line across the sky, but a circle around the viewer with a radius of 2.9 miles. If you think that a view distance of 2.9 miles on an earth that has a circumference of around 25,000 miles is enough to visibly perceive curvature, you're deceiving yourself.
You're wrong Forrest. Go back to Post #95 and view the video link I posted. It clearly refutes your "2.9 mile" horizon claim as well as demonstrating that it is possible to view objects over 31 miles away on a clear day on a flat plane earth.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your link doesn't work for me, Stan (much like your globe-earth model).

Here's what one of the most brilliant scientific minds had to say about the earth:

"Earth is a realm, it is not a planet. It is not an object, therefore, it has no edge. Earth would be more easily defined as a system environment. Earth is also a machine, it is a Tesla coil. The sun and moon are powered wirelessly with the electromagnetic field (the Aether). This field also suspends the celestial spheres with electo-magnetic levitation. Electo-magnetic levitation disproves gravity because the only force you need to counter is the electromagnetic force, not gravity. The stars are attached to the FIRMAMENT." --Nikola Tesla

Also, notice how Mr. Tesla's assessment correlates perfectly with the biblical accounts in Genesis chapter one: Gen. 1:6-8 & Gen 1:14-17

Newman111107

Aug 14, 2016
Isaiah 40:22

New International Version
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

New Living Translation
God sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him! He spreads out the heavens like a curtain and makes his tent from them.

English Standard Version
It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;

New American Standard Bible
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

My eyes started getting buggy so if this was presented before in the previous 4 pages, my apologies. If it hasn't.....any questions?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I can't believe this thread is still going? Do we really need to have a thread like this? Ever heard the old saying about flogging a dead horse?

T1m0thy

Aug 25, 2016
Tasmania Australia
A aircraft uses energy/power to defy gravity ("magnetic attraction", has flat earthers call it), should a aircraft use constant power it will keep the same altitude, hence following the curvature of our globe....If the earth was flat, one could get a powerful telescope and view countries on the other side of the world, this is not possible. Flat earth theories can not explain, 1 solar eclipses, 2 why we see full, half moons and so on, 3 why some days we see both the sun and moon but never see both at night....A spinning globe with a moon orbiting, both orbiting the sun, does support these points.... Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cant believe Im indulging this again but..... If the earth is flat, why do aircraft make better time going against the rotation of the earth than they do going with it?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
I cant believe Im indulging this again but..... If the earth is flat, why do aircraft make better time going against the rotation of the earth than they do going with it?
To my knowledge, its not so much just the rotation of the earth that effects flight time, but mostly to do with the trade winds that occurs above the planetary boundary layer due to the coriolis force. In aviation, this is boiled down to ground speed, which is basically the speed the plane is moving relative to wind speed and direction. The greater the tail wind, the greater the speed of the plane. In other words, its more about the plane making better time flying with the upper wind flow then with it flying against the spin of the earth. I don't see how a flat earth would explain such a thing.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scotty P said:
After some months of study I've come to the conclusion that the earth is indeed flat, and scripture clearly supports it. This video shows all the supporting scripture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIMIAdyWEIg
Hallelujah! Thanks Scotty, you have renewed my faith in this Christian forum. It's wonderful to see that there still remains a few free-thinkers here who are willing to investigate matters for themselves rather than merely parroting popular opinion. The Flat Earth revelation normally takes a few weeks/months to fully come to fruition. There's a considerable amount of cognitive dissonance that must be overcome as well as summoning the inner strength to combat the scoffing and ridicule that so often comes with challenging the status quo.
God bless you brother!

You should also check out a few of Rob Skiba's Youtube videos. More compelling Flat Earth truths from a biblical perspective. His web site is www.testingtheglobe.com

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are all other planets spheres and the earth is the only flat planet? You're not being revolutionary, you're being paranoid and delusional LOL Ya'll need to spend a little less time in your mothers basement watching youtube videos and get out in the world. LOL Submerging yourself in the "flat earth" propaganda makes it just as easy to be convinced as it would be to submerge yourself in atheist teachings. Spend enough time in any subject and you would believe any of it.

I have a challenge you can do with a camera. If you are correct in your theory, the entire universe revolves around earth. Take a camera and put it on long exposure and point it straight up. Let me know how the picture comes out. This one simple experiment will prove the whole theory wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.