Is the world under sin considering Jesus paid for it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:2 :He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Romans 6:23 (Jesus paid the wages of sin - > He died!) For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments.
The story is only half over. There's more to come, namely Jesus' second advent, not as a lamb led to slaughter, but as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Until then we still all have problems. Clearly we are not in the new earth promised in Revelation 21. Among other things, we witness death on a daily basis. When Jesus comes again death and the grave will be thrown into the lake of fire. Still future. Until then the whole creation suffers.

Rom 8:18-22,

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.​
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.​
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,​
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.​
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.​

Until Jesus comes again, the entire creation is in pain. It is certainly not what God intended in Genesis 1, but it will be! :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We differ on that @Rich R. Though I do not disagree with the Spiritual principles here emphasized by Paul.

We all do suffer and grown - the world itself. However in the spiritual part of it - looking towards hope the future to be with God in the Heavenly Jerusalem there is peace, knowing that that is where everyone will end up that are believers, while unbelievers are on the outside of the gate according to John. Those who make the choice to have no relations with God from my understanding.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The price for Sin has been paid....but not everybody will be saved, even though they “Could” have been.....one MUST “ Believe”......

“ Those who do not believe are Condemned already....”

“ If you do not Believe that I am He, you will die in your sins”

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes sense @Gospel Believer.

Man peoples lives would be so much different when they decide to look and seek for God and learn about him and contemplate what Jesus had done through all the historical context and contents that are shared in the Bible. So much helpful information to the life of the believer who choose to do so.

It's not about trying to make people like ourselves - it's about people having freedom to believe how they will, because it's God who gives them life, and gave them a soul (mind/will/emotions) to think and do with-in this body. It's about sharing Godly love with people, via Agape love, which is only caused by the Spirit which is not from this world - so it's not love in the sense of feeling. It's a love that is an action, which is based on doing by allowing the spirit to come in and through you.

Jesus has paid for the sins of the world now, People who make the choice not to look towards Jesus - they had their sins paid for (else Jesus did not die). So Jesus death on the cross took care of all the sins of the world - which lead slowly to the destruction of the nation of Israel in which they lost everything, from their linage, to priesthood, animal sacrifices, which was all fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Through Jesus Christ human beings can be born again by the spirit which leads to newness of life and it starts off in faith, and moving on to grow and learn about him, and God in which you can learn that you are a child of God by believing in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

People who do not want nothing to with God, by their own choice even when having the chance to go seek, will be outside of the kingdom according to what John writes in Revelation 21-22. However because of Jesus Christ and his death, he has covered their sins and paid that price already. Jesus also defeated death, Satan, Hell/Sheol/Grace.

What does this all mean?

To me it means that Yes God is the saviour of all people, especially of those who believe.

Yes God will resurrect everyone, faithless, or faithful.

Yes God has a place set up for people on the outside of the gates, and those of who decide to partake with God and living a life loving him, and loving others because of the Son of God - and they desired to have a relationship with the true and living God, that sent his Word that died willingly for the Father, but also for the sins of the whole world.

So when it comes to sins - Everyone commits them, even myself. The price is paid for. It always ends with this question "Where is my heart at and what are my eyes set on?" Is it God, or is the focus on the things of the flesh for me and myself or which is the case most of the time.

Because in the end there is the outside of the Kingdom, and the inside according to John. So people make their choices when they are given them through out their life - this is why Jesus tell us to be a city on a hill or a light set on a hill to be seen and known which Christian people speak the things of God to others who may know a nothing, a little, or a lot.

God bless, thank you for taking a moment to read and hope it answers some question on why I believe that Sin has been taken care of, because of Jesus Christ and the Wrath of God was poured on the nation of Israel for punishment and judgement of killing the Son of God due to envy.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:2 :He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Romans 6:23 (Jesus paid the wages of sin - > He died!) For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments.
All die and pay in full their own wages of sin. It takes repentance and turning around to get sin blotted out-Acts 3:19--but still one must pay the wages of sin= death. Jesus death covers those who are brought through the great tribulation and Armageddon.( Prov 2:21-22,, Matt 24:22) These may never taste death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just posted some of my own comments in post #85 @Keiw if you would like to take a look at them. No one has to believe anything I say.

Thank you for sharing what you see as far as Sins. Jesus did suffer the wages of sin and it killed him.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes sense @Gospel Believer.

Man peoples lives would be so much different when they decide to look and seek for God and learn about him and contemplate what Jesus had done through all the historical context and contents that are shared in the Bible. So much helpful information to the life of the believer who choose to do so.

It's not about trying to make people like ourselves - it's about people having freedom to believe how they will, because it's God who gives them life, and gave them a soul (mind/will/emotions) to think and do with-in this body. It's about sharing Godly love with people, via Agape love, which is only caused by the Spirit which is not from this world - so it's not love in the sense of feeling. It's a love that is an action, which is based on doing by allowing the spirit to come in and through you.

Jesus has paid for the sins of the world now, People who make the choice not to look towards Jesus - they had their sins paid for (else Jesus did not die). So Jesus death on the cross took care of all the sins of the world - which lead slowly to the destruction of the nation of Israel in which they lost everything, from their linage, to priesthood, animal sacrifices, which was all fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Through Jesus Christ human beings can be born again by the spirit which leads to newness of life and it starts off in faith, and moving on to grow and learn about him, and God in which you can learn that you are a child of God by believing in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

People who do not want nothing to with God, by their own choice even when having the chance to go seek, will be outside of the kingdom according to what John writes in Revelation 21-22. However because of Jesus Christ and his death, he has covered their sins and paid that price already. Jesus also defeated death, Satan, Hell/Sheol/Grace.

What does this all mean?

To me it means that Yes God is the saviour of all people, especially of those who believe.

Yes God will resurrect everyone, faithless, or faithful.

Yes God has a place set up for people on the outside of the gates, and those of who decide to partake with God and living a life loving him, and loving others because of the Son of God - and they desired to have a relationship with the true and living God, that sent his Word that died willingly for the Father, but also for the sins of the whole world.

So when it comes to sins - Everyone commits them, even myself. The price is paid for. It always ends with this question "Where is my heart at and what are my eyes set on?" Is it God, or is the focus on the things of the flesh for me and myself or which is the case most of the time.

Because in the end there is the outside of the Kingdom, and the inside according to John. So people make their choices when they are given them through out their life - this is why Jesus tell us to be a city on a hill or a light set on a hill to be seen and known which Christian people speak the things of God to others who may know a nothing, a little, or a lot.

God bless, thank you for taking a moment to read and hope it answers some question on why I believe that Sin has been taken care of, because of Jesus Christ and the Wrath of God was poured on the nation of Israel for punishment and judgement of killing the Son of God due to envy.

Jesus paid the price for ALL sins............to get the benefit from that, all that is left to do for any Sinner is to “ Cash-In” on what has already been accomplished “ FOR” You......all one has to do to “ cash-in” is to simply Believe Paul’s Gospel ( Given to Him by Jesus) that one can find in 1Cor15:1-4.......Simply Believe that Jesus “died for your sins and rose from the grave”.....it’s that simple....it’s a Promise from God....

Reactions: Taken and MatthewG

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We differ on that @Rich R. Though I do not disagree with the Spiritual principles here emphasized by Paul.

We all do suffer and grown - the world itself. However in the spiritual part of it - looking towards hope the future to be with God in the Heavenly Jerusalem there is peace, knowing that that is where everyone will end up that are believers, while unbelievers are on the outside of the gate according to John. Those who make the choice to have no relations with God from my understanding.
I think what it all comes down to is that though we are in the world, we are not part of it. We also know that the sufferings of this world are not worthy to be compared to the glory that's coming. Hopefully later today! But if not today, it'll be one of these days for sure. :)

Reactions: MatthewG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is the world under sin considering Jesus paid for it?​

OP ^

Considering God Creates and the Lord Makes.
And everything the Lord Makes a GIFT OFFERING to man-KIND...
IS AS “ANY” Gift...A man MUST Reach out and TAKE the Offered Gift...
Or Forfeit Receiving of the Gift...called having LOST any such Gift.

The KEY IS...
Jesus (bought/paid for) ALL of man-kind of the whole world; His Gift of Salvation....AND (THEN OFFERED) that Gift to the whole world.

The FACT IS...
For 2,000+ years men IN the world have be preaching, teaching, spreading the KNOWLEDGE of the OFFERING of Jesus’ great Gift, and How an individual CAN RECEIVE His Gift.

The FACT IS....
While MANY HAVE HEARD the Knowledge...MANY REJECT...FEW RECEIVE.

The FACT IS...
As long as the “window of opportunity” Remains for any man to freely CHOOSE to ACCEPT/TAKE the Lords OFFERED Gift...” That man SHALL BE a Recipient of the Lords Gift.

The FACT IS...
An “URGENCY” for ALL of man-KIND exists;
BECAUSE
1) The Acceptance of the Lords Gift of Salvation MUST BE “made by the man”
BEFORE the mans Bodily Death.
2) Individual men DO NOT ALL KNOW the moment their BODY shall DIE.
3) Individual men DO NOT KNOW the moment God SHALL SHUT the DOOR of “the window of opportunity” TO TAKE their Offered Gift.

PLAIN, PRECISE, SIMPLE...

The Lord God has OFFERED a Gift of Salvation to ALL of man-KIND.
Man-Kind has Freewill to Accept and TAKE .....
HAVE or Reject His Gift Offering...LOSE receipt of that Gift.

Glory to God,
Taken