Is there a city existing today called Jerusalem: according to God and his word?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is worth noting that when Jerusalem the city and its temple were completely destroyed as God wished it in 70 AD the name Jerusalem was also meant to be erased and buried with it. The Roman Hadrian in 130 AD began rebuilding his Roman colony city over the ruins and dedicated it to Jupiter. It was now a pagan city as I believe God wished it.

Now as I read and understand scripture, God never intended to resurrect Jerusalem again for obvious reasons - with its wickedness, the persecution and hatred of believers in Christ and his disciples, and the stubborn persistence of trying to keep the inadequate and rescinded Law alive, along with its literal city for this wickedness to continue to thrive in, and into the future. God wanted and purposed it all dead, for good! That age was decreed done.

Then comes along Emperor Constantine I and changes the Roman city name of Aelia Capitolina back to Jerusalem in 324 AD. I would say he defied scripture and opposed God's wishes. I will even go further and say that there is really NO Jerusalem existing today according to God and his wishes, despite rebellious and secular people forcing it back on the map and saying it does exist today because of a decree and the stroke of a pen in 324 AD.

Is this city that the world calls Jerusalem today, scriptural and relevant in the eyes of God?

What say ye?

Blessings to all,

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible Calls The Current City resurrected by evil as Jerusalem - Spiritually Sodom and Egypt

Revelation 11:8 points to the dead bodies of believers who carried the two witnesses of OT into the NT, laying in the streets of the once great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt - a place of wicked sin and captivity. And therefore false gods are worshipped there even today in that city. Wickedness is rampant. And this city that was decreed to be called Jerusalem once more by evil men is still spiritual Sodom and Egypt - of sin and of spiritual bondage or captivity.

This is the place where our Lord was crucified as it says at the end of this scripture.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Apak,

Considering the topic: John writing the Revelation wrote to the assembly in Philadelphia.

“‘And to the messenger of the assembly in Philadelphia write: These things saith he who is holy, he who is true, he who is having the key of David, he who is opening and no one doth shut, and he shutteth and no one doth open! I have known thy works; lo, I have set before thee a door — opened, and no one is able to shut it, because thou hast a little power, and didst keep my word, and didst not deny my name; lo, I make of the synagogue of the Adversary those saying themselves to be Jews, and are not, but do lie; lo, I will make them that they may come and bow before thy feet, and may know that I loved thee. ‘Because thou didst keep the word of my endurance, I also will keep thee from the hour of the trial that is about to come upon all the world, to try those dwelling upon the earth. Lo, I come quickly, be holding fast that which thou hast, that no one may receive thy crown. He who is overcoming — I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and without he may not go any more, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, that doth come down out of the heaven from my God — also my new name.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:7-12‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

The new name part is interesting too. Some may see this a physical manifestation of Jerusalem that is new coming down out of heaven.

Do you have thoughts about it?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing holy about this city today called Jerusalem.

This so-called city called Jerusalem today practices the religion of Judaism. It is a false religion? They hate Jesus Christ.

They deny that Jesus Christ is the Messiah or the Savior of the world. Judaism does not believe that Jesus died for them, was buried, and arose again. They do not believe that the blood of Jesus Christ saves them from sin.

1 John 2:22-25 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

According to God, anyone who denies Jesus Christ as the Savior, is or possesses the spirit of the antichrist, one that vehemently opposes Christ and the Father in heaven. This makes the religion of Judaism and this so-called city of Jerusalem a place where a false god is worshipped. Again, there is nothing holy about this city.

The true city called Jerusalem is not literal today and never was since its destruction in 70 AD. It is a spiritual city, a new city carried within the hearts of all true believers.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Apak,

Considering the topic: John writing the Revelation wrote to the assembly in Philadelphia.

“‘And to the messenger of the assembly in Philadelphia write: These things saith he who is holy, he who is true, he who is having the key of David, he who is opening and no one doth shut, and he shutteth and no one doth open! I have known thy works; lo, I have set before thee a door — opened, and no one is able to shut it, because thou hast a little power, and didst keep my word, and didst not deny my name; lo, I make of the synagogue of the Adversary those saying themselves to be Jews, and are not, but do lie; lo, I will make them that they may come and bow before thy feet, and may know that I loved thee. ‘Because thou didst keep the word of my endurance, I also will keep thee from the hour of the trial that is about to come upon all the world, to try those dwelling upon the earth. Lo, I come quickly, be holding fast that which thou hast, that no one may receive thy crown. He who is overcoming — I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and without he may not go any more, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, that doth come down out of the heaven from my God — also my new name.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:7-12‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

The new name part is interesting too. Some may see this a physical manifestation of Jerusalem that is new coming down out of heaven.

Do you have thoughts about it?
This subject and question you ask does ruffle feathers with futurists in prophecy. I believe these new names are to be given to believers within the body of Christ and are unique. And there will be no physical Jerusalem reborn in the future. No earthly Jerusalem like this false city we see today. The new name of the city of God will describe and mean that WE are now part of the holiness and glory of God. We are his new city!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This subject and question you ask does ruffle feathers with futurists in prophecy. I believe these new names are to be given to believers within the body of Christ and are unique. And there will be no physical Jerusalem reborn in the future. No earthly Jerusalem like this false city we see today. The new name of the city of God will describe and mean that WE are now part of the holiness and glory of God. We are his new city!

Apak,

Thank you for sharing your insights and starting the thread. Hope maybe others will also chime in with their thoughts on the subject too.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God." Heb 11:8-10

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God." Heb 11:8-10
Excellent point. That is exactly right, as the builder of this new city is our God. He is the builder of men and women who are in Christ - the chosen - the everlasting city of lights on the hill.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent point. That is exactly right, as the builder of this new city is our God. He is the builder of men and women who are in Christ - the chosen - the everlasting city of lights on the hill.
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14

"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof." Rev 21:23

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14

"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof." Rev 21:23
This might startle , shock and suprise many . BUT TRUE JERUSALEM is Above which is mother to the lambs .
natural israel is in bondage with her children . but JERSUALEM which is above IS FREE . ITS THE CITY OF THE GREAT KING
where the temple is GOD and the lamb .
It matters not if i am a jew that could trace their lineage clear back to King david , IF I HAVE NOT CHRIST IT PROFITS ME NOTHING .
Both jews and gentiles are saved by FAITH IN JESUS.
Now hands up , for here we have no continuing city , but we WAIT FOR ONE TO COME .
Let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD . This is it for me my friend .
I have made my mind up long ago , yet not i but the grace of GOD within me , THAT I AM GOING OUT
the way i came in . preaching , teaching and pointing to FAITH IN JESUS Is what saves a man and the ONLY THING that can .
I wont go down that all inclusive road my friend . I will stick to the bible
and say as did paul , THAT to be saved , one must confess with the mouth the LORD JESUS and believe from the heart
that GOD has rose HIM from the dead. FOR ME there simply is no other hope , no other gospel , no other anything .
My advice is , we better get dug into our bibles and see the simplicity that paul and others knew
as well as what JESUS himself said and taught . It already has cost me to remain ONLY IN THE GOSPEL of CHRIST
and though i have been seperated and cast out by many , and though i have many tears for them
I WONT BUDGE from the TRUTH . THAT ONLY JESUS SAVES and YE MUSTBELIEVE IN HIM TOBE SAVED . I PRAY
for all , but i wont budge my friend . We better stick to the gospel is all i can say .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might startle , shock and suprise many . BUT TRUE JERUSALEM is Above which is mother to the lambs .
natural israel is in bondage with her children . but JERSUALEM which is above IS FREE . ITS THE CITY OF THE GREAT KING
where the temple is GOD and the lamb .
It matters not if i am a jew that could trace their lineage clear back to King david , IF I HAVE NOT CHRIST IT PROFITS ME NOTHING .
Both jews and gentiles are saved by FAITH IN JESUS.
Now hands up , for here we have no continuing city , but we WAIT FOR ONE TO COME .
Let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD . This is it for me my friend .
I have made my mind up long ago , yet not i but the grace of GOD within me , THAT I AM GOING OUT
the way i came in . preaching , teaching and pointing to FAITH IN JESUS Is what saves a man and the ONLY THING that can .
I wont go down that all inclusive road my friend . I will stick to the bible
and say as did paul , THAT to be saved , one must confess with the mouth the LORD JESUS and believe from the heart
that GOD has rose HIM from the dead. FOR ME there simply is no other hope , no other gospel , no other anything .
My advice is , we better get dug into our bibles and see the simplicity that paul and others knew
as well as what JESUS himself said and taught . It already has cost me to remain ONLY IN THE GOSPEL of CHRIST
and though i have been seperated and cast out by many , and though i have many tears for them
I WONT BUDGE from the TRUTH . THAT ONLY JESUS SAVES and YE MUSTBELIEVE IN HIM TOBE SAVED . I PRAY
for all , but i wont budge my friend . We better stick to the gospel is all i can say .

Amen friend.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But but ! what about the dude who created the State that all must now demand is Israel ?

Who created the modern State and they called it Israel ? well that was the richest man in the whole world and his Banking mates who created WW2 to get that land as planed. not to mention sacrificed 6 million German Jews to their gods and call it a Burnt offering to their gods in fact ! but the majority are to blighted to understand the issue that's at hand in saying such that's totally obvious like an elephant in the room but they can not see it ! burnt offering ? Not to mention 60 million goyim that were killed and all.

So a Burnt offering for the German Jews ! Why ? does on ask ? No ! never ! but why ?

Why do they call the Burnt offering of the 6 million up to their gods ? well !

The 60 million are not a burnt offering ? to the so called Jews ? but the 6 million German Jews are and were offered up !

So what is so great about the 6 million German Jews who were offered up !

What did Moses say about such offering up ?
Did Moses offer up in the desert ?
Do Christians offer up burnt offerings ?

Reactions: APAK

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now as I read and understand scripture, God never intended to resurrect Jerusalem again for obvious reasons...
Quite the opposite. Please go to every reference to Jerusalem or Zion in the OT prophets and discover that God will eventually redeemed and restore Mount Zion. As to the present time He sees it as Sodom and Egypt (very wicked). But it will be thoroughly cleansed and redeemed after the Second Coming of Christ.

The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel. (Ps 147:2)

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. (Isa 24:23)

As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it. (Isa 31:5)

Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. (Isa 52:1)

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT REFERENCE TO THE HEAVENLY NEW JERUSALEM.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the opposite. Please go to every reference to Jerusalem or Zion in the OT prophets and discover that God will eventually redeemed and restore Mount Zion. As to the present time He sees it as Sodom and Egypt (very wicked). But it will be thoroughly cleansed and redeemed after the Second Coming of Christ.

The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel. (Ps 147:2)

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. (Isa 24:23)

As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it. (Isa 31:5)

Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. (Isa 52:1)

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT REFERENCE TO THE HEAVENLY NEW JERUSALEM.
I have to say you have a vivid imagination Enoch is some areas of our discussions and posts.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But but ! what about the dude who created the State that all must now demand is Israel ?

Who created the modern State and they called it Israel ? well that was the richest man in the whole world and his Banking mates who created WW2 to get that land as planed. not to mention sacrificed 6 million German Jews to their gods and call it a Burnt offering to their gods in fact ! but the majority are to blighted to understand the issue that's at hand in saying such that's totally obvious like an elephant in the room but they can not see it ! burnt offering ? Not to mention 60 million goyim that were killed and all.

So a Burnt offering for the German Jews ! Why ? does on ask ? No ! never ! but why ?

Why do they call the Burnt offering of the 6 million up to their gods ? well !

The 60 million are not a burnt offering ? to the so called Jews ? but the 6 million German Jews are and were offered up !

So what is so great about the 6 million German Jews who were offered up !

What did Moses say about such offering up ?
Did Moses offer up in the desert ?
Do Christians offer up burnt offerings ?
Agree in whole. This State of Israel was created for the purpose of religious secular Anti-Christ deception as a fake weird replica of Israel with its fake city of Jerusalem (a major tourist trap) to entice the weak minded who are blinded by all the smoke and mirrors being pumped out of crooked mouths and other places of the the MSM, academia, fake Church Zionist organizations and God-hating Zionists in general. And there was never any systematic planned burned offering of 6 million so-called Jews. Another deep penetrating lie embedded and taken hold in the subconscious and consciences, the psyches of most people, in every generation.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is worth noting that when Jerusalem the city and its temple were completely destroyed as God wished it in 70 AD the name Jerusalem was also meant to be erased and buried with it. The Roman Hadrian in 130 AD began rebuilding his Roman colony city over the ruins and dedicated it to Jupiter. It was now a pagan city as I believe God wished it.

Now as I read and understand scripture, God never intended to resurrect Jerusalem again for obvious reasons - with its wickedness, the persecution and hatred of believers in Christ and his disciples, and the stubborn persistence of trying to keep the inadequate and rescinded Law alive, along with its literal city for this wickedness to continue to thrive in, and into the future. God wanted and purposed it all dead, for good! That age was decreed done.

Then comes along Emperor Constantine I and changes the Roman city name of Aelia Capitolina back to Jerusalem in 324 AD. I would say he defied scripture and opposed God's wishes. I will even go further and say that there is really NO Jerusalem existing today according to God and his wishes, despite rebellious and secular people forcing it back on the map and saying it does exist today because of a decree and the stroke of a pen in 324 AD.

Is this city that the world calls Jerusalem today, scriptural and relevant in the eyes of God?

What say ye?

Blessings to all,

APAK

As far as relating to God's people not a literal city, but there is a figurative one. Isa 2:2,3 speaks of this, and it occurs in the last days, the time period we live in. There is no literal city, or mountain, or house of the God of Jacob at this time, but it is being fulfilled of course. Jesus assigned a faithful slave to shepherd and feed God's people during these last days until his return and the coming of the New Jerusalem. God's people are fairly easily identified scripturally, are you able to see Biblically educated people, who live the faith and have beaten their swords into plowshares at this time as the prophecy said Apak?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have to say you have a vivid imagination Enoch is some areas of our discussions and posts.
No. I am simply reminding you that God is not finished with Jerusalem. He will even have a new temple built there according to His specifications.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as relating to God's people not a literal city, but there is a figurative one. Isa 2:2,3 speaks of this, and it occurs in the last days, the time period we live in. There is no literal city, or mountain, or house of the God of Jacob at this time, but it is being fulfilled of course. Jesus assigned a faithful slave to shepherd and feed God's people during these last days until his return and the coming of the New Jerusalem. God's people are fairly easily identified scripturally, are you able to see Biblically educated people, who live the faith and have beaten their swords into plowshares at this time as the prophecy said Apak?
Isaiah 2:2-5 ,,its setting is after the new heavens and the new earth come in, not in the last days before this time. And there still is and will be never any literal physical city under the old heavens and old earth, in the last days of this age.

Reactions: Waiting on him

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I am simply reminding you that God is not finished with Jerusalem. He will even have a new temple built there according to His specifications.
You then discard and do not believe scripture and God's previous work with literal Jerusalem and as Christ prophesized about the fate of Jerusalem. You are deliberately defying his word and his intent that he rid himself of Jerusalem for good, nearly 2000 years ago. This was the end of their age! A]It was done!

If you ignore and do not believe in this, they do you also disregard the reason why Christ is Lord and our King today. Why have a Christ and a Lord as our Savior today, if he still did not fulfill his mission on the Cross for ALL peoples then and after that time. You believe there is a special unique grace of God for straggling fake Jews today and in the future who are not yet on board the salvation train. This is preposterous thinking.

Why are you making your own doctrine not based on scripture is beyond me. Some theory of evil men like Darby and Scofield, as your false teachers.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What say ye?

Blessings to all,

APAK

Who cares what I say? What did God say?

Isaiah 62:1-7 KJV
1) For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
2) And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
3) Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
4) Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5) For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
6) I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,
7) And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

Much love!