Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How could He possibly not exist?

The Holy Spirit created Jesus inside a Virgin's womb.
Its the same Holy Spirit who "convicts the world of sin".
Its the same Holy Spirit who causes the Spiritual Birth in a Believer, so that they become BORN AGAIN.

So, YES... HE is real..

How So?

"God is A Spirit" and "Christ is THAT Spirit".

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit created Jesus inside a Virgin's womb.
Its the same Holy Spirit who "convicts the world of sin".
Its the same Holy Spirit who causes the Spiritual Birth in a Believer, so that they become BORN AGAIN.

So, YES... HE is real..

How So?

"God is A Spirit" and "Christ is THAT Spirit".
Ok
Sorta but not really.
Christ is not created.
He took on the form of a man.
It is like a "continuance". He transitioned into a man.
Three persons. One Godhead.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus grew in Mary’s womb though didn’t he?

So God must have planted his seed inside her womb, which is his Living seed, his word...I’ve always looked at the birth of Jesus that way...just my thoughts.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't have salvation without fruit.... You can't have Ephesians 2:8-9 while ignoring verse 10. If there is no fruit in the tree it is cut off. Christ in us produces those fruit, not me. The fruit of the Spirit are a sign of life saving faith. The Natural response of God's grace is a changed and transformed life (AKA progressive sanctification) Add to your faith, virtue, to virtue patience etc (2 Peter 1:5-10) Read that passage carefully, the final step in that journey is Agape Love... total selfless love, God's love perfected in us. (1 John 2:5)

This is the higher walk.
Yes, Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith. All we have to do is abide in Him. And how do we abide in Him? Obedience to His Spirit in our conscience. 1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus grew in Mary’s womb though didn’t he?

So God must have planted his seed inside her womb, which is his Living seed, his word...I’ve always looked at the birth of Jesus that way...just my thoughts.
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
— Galatians 1:15-16

Is Paul speaking of when he was born from above/ born of God, or his literal birth?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith. All we have to do is abide in Him. And how do we abide in Him? Obedience to His Spirit in our conscience. 1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
What in your opinion are Jesus’s commandments?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Is Paul speaking of when he was born from above/ born of God, or his literal birth?
Are you talking about Paul conversion?Paul was Born Again on the road to Damascus..he had a mind blowing experience with God.
...Paul was already chosen before the foundation of the world to become Born Again, by the will of God.

I wish you would post scripture in its proper context, rather than randomly picking a verse out of context.

Galatians 1​

New King James Version​

Greeting​

1 Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), 2 and all the brethren who are with me,
To the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Only One Gospel​

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert[a] the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be [b]accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Call to Apostleship​

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.​

13 For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried todestroy it. 14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.​

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.​

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
john says it . TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST and to love one another .
LETS Remember that the next time a preacher or anyone tries to stand
and allows an imam to teach the church about what we have in common .
Giving out the idea we serve the same God . What a lie .
The religoin of ISLAM dont believe JESUS IS THE CHRIST , THE SON OF GOD etc
no other religoin believes or teaches it either . SO they ARE NOT OF GOD
for he who hears us not IS NOT OF GOD , HE who hears us IS OF GOD . YEAH GOTTA BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST
cause without that , ITS ALL VAIN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you talking about Paul conversion?Paul was Born Again on the road to Damascus..he had a mind blowing experience with God.

So did, when I became Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.
I wasnt asking for you to defend your rebirth.

What I’m asking is what is Paul in your opinion speaking of when he uses the phrase his mothers womb?

He states that he didnt confer with flesh and blood. What does this mean to you?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wasnt asking for you to defend your rebirth.

What I’m asking is what is Paul in your opinion speaking of when he uses the phrase his mothers womb?

He states that he didnt confer with flesh and blood. What does this

Exactly what he said..he didn’t confer with flesh and blood.

His mother’s womb, speaks to me that God knew him in his mother’s womb..like he knew all of his Born Again children in their mothers womb...

We are Born of the Spirit, so we grow in spiritual knowledge....what does it mean to you?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse before the one I quoted. 1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

They are based on the original - to love God with all your spirit, soul and body, and to love each other.

The Author and Finisher of our faith writes His commandments on our hearts called our conscience.

The forums are a great place to see your own growth. There are many trolls on Christian forum sites who reply to our posts with poison. How do you reply? Do you immediately REACT, ENGAGE and shoot an arrow back at them? That is immaturity in the fruit of the Spirit. But one day you will NOT REACT, even ignore and go to another post. Why? Because Jesus has strengthened the fruit called self-control. I know this from my own experience. Praise God for trolls! Paul prayed to God three times for God to take away his trolls who were preaching heresies. God replied, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.

BTW, Paul's "messengers from Satan" were not physical injuries as most think. They were people - enemies. "Thorn in flesh" is a Hebrew idiom like our own pain in the neck.

Judges 2:2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? 3 Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ” 4 So it was, when the Angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple answer:

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. john 13:34

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:12-13)

This is Agape Love. the same as the final step in 2 Peter 1:5-7 (Charity) What John speaks of in his epistle (God's love perfected in us) (1 John 4:12)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, this is how you behave, when someone disagrees with you...pot ,kettle ,black and all that jazz,LOL...
I am just stating a fact.

You believe in regeneration before faith. thats a calvinist teaching.. so I am amazed you liked his post.. when he said the gospel was not calvinist

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Simple answer:

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. john 13:34

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:12-13)

This is Agape Love. the same as the final step in 2 Peter 1:5-7 (Charity) What John speaks of in his epistle (God's love perfected in us) (1 John 4:12)
Can anyone do this, without the Spirit?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Christ is not created.

The "word was God", is not Created, as God has no beginning.
So, that is the Pre-incarnate Jesus, who is the "Bread come down from Heaven".

Jesus also describes Himself as the pre-incarnate Word, when He told you....>"I am from ABOVE, and you are from Below".

He took on the form of a man.

Virgin born, fully God, fully Man.
How do you know?

Read John 1:10.

It is like a "continuance". He transitioned into a man.

Jesus is not a butterfly in a cocoon.
So, get real, @rebuilder 454 , as your "cult teaching" is beginning to come out and play.

Jesus was Virgin Born, the SEED of God, become a Human.

Three persons. One Godhead.

Trinity.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly what he said..he didn’t confer with flesh and blood.

His mother’s womb, speaks to me that God knew him in his mother’s womb..like he knew all of his Born Again children in their mothers womb...

We are Born of the Spirit, so we grow in spiritual knowledge....what does it mean to you?

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
— Galatians 4:26-27

I don’t believe Paul is referring to his biological mother.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am just stating a fact.

You believe in regeneration before faith. thats a calvinist teaching.. so I am amazed you liked his post.. when he said the gospel was not calvinist
I said no such thing....Belief In Jesus Name comes first...then we receive God given faith and are Born of the Spirit at the same time?

How can you have faith in God without his Spirit, ?

You also get very personal when others don’t agree with you my honest opinion.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
BTW, Paul's "messengers from Satan" were not physical injuries as most think. They were people - enemies. "Thorn in flesh" is a Hebrew idiom like our own pain in the neck.

And if Paul was here today, on the forum.. .He would be teaching that you can't lose your Salvation, as Jesus is Salvation.."

And all his "Thorns" would post....>"yes you can lose your salvation", and "Paul, you are teaching OSAS".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
— Galatians 4:26-27

I don’t believe Paul is referring to his biological mother.
Who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me...

I don’t understand what this means..what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.