Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And if Paul was here today, on the forum.. .He would be teaching that you can't lose your Salvation, as Jesus is Salvation.."

And all his "Thorns" would post....>"yes you can lose your salvation", and "Paul, you are teaching OSAS".
Does First century believe we can lose our salvation?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can anyone do this, without the Spirit?
no. They can lay down their life for a friend, yes, as happens in war , but not the kind of Love God exemplified while hanging on the cross.... "Amazing Love how can it be that thou my God shouldst die for me..." (Charles Wesley, Amazing Love) When we can begin to Love our enemies, then God's Love is at work in us... "While we were yet sinners (enemies) Christ died for us" Romans 5:8-10

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse before the one I quoted. 1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

They are based on the original - to love God with all your spirit, soul and body, and to love each other.

The Author and Finisher of our faith writes His commandments on our hearts called our conscience.

The forums are a great place to see your own growth. There are many trolls on Christian forum sites who reply to our posts with poison. How do you reply? Do you immediately REACT, ENGAGE and shoot an arrow back at them? That is immaturity in the fruit of the Spirit. But one day you will NOT REACT, even ignore and go to another post. Why? Because Jesus has strengthened the fruit called self-control. I know this from my own experience. Praise God for trolls! Paul prayed to God three times for God to take away his trolls who were preaching heresies. God replied, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.

BTW, Paul's "messengers from Satan" were not physical injuries as most think. They were people - enemies. "Thorn in flesh" is a Hebrew idiom like our own pain in the neck.

Judges 2:2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? 3 Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ” 4 So it was, when the Angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept.
I agree! Paul’s character was definitely being assaulted at Corinth, the letter revealed this. I believe there are still many Judaizers among us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me...

I don’t understand what this means..what does it mean?

The reason that is a tricky verse, is because Paul is teaching it as "God's Foreknowledge"..

Calvin teaches it as "pre-destined".

And that is why there is utter confusion...

Notice...., God sees who is going to believe before they are born, and that is "Fore knowledge"... = that is God knew you would believe... before you were born.
Calvin teaches this as.>"God chose you, or caused you"...

So, in the Foreknowledge of God, we understand that all the born again are called
They are called in the sense of "God knew you would believe and you did, and He knew you would, before you were born".

So, that is KNOWING but not CAUSING..

Its the same as the Bible KNOWS that the Great Trib is aBout to happen, but its not causing it....it just KNOWS IT... = "foreknowledge"

Calvin would teach that the bible has "pre-destined it"....

Calvinism teaching Knowing is Causing, = 'pre-destined".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s interesting...she obviously doesn’t understand what it means to be Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed then...not yet anyway...so pray God brings her to that understanding.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The reason that is a tricky verse, is because Paul is teaching it as "God's Foreknowledge"..

Calvin teaches it as "pre-destined".

And that is why there is utter confusion...

Notice...., God sees who is going to believe before they are born, and that is "Fore knowledge"... = that is God knew you would believe... before you were born.
Calvin teaches this as.>"God chose you, or caused you"...

So, in the Foreknowledge of God, we understand that all the born again are called
They are called in the sense of "God knew you would believe and you did, and He knew you would, before you were born".

So, that is KNOWING but not CAUSING..

Its the same as the Bible KNOWS that the Great Trib is aBout to happen, but its not causing it....it just KNOWS IT... = "foreknowledge"

Calvin would teach that the bible has "pre-destined it"....

Calvinism teaching Knowing is Causing, = 'pre-destined".
I understand this, thanks Behold.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I understand this, thanks Behold.

Calvin never did... or what i believe is that he did understand it, but he wanted to Harm God's Plan..
And that is why he redefined "foreknowledge" as "God causing" and then created the hellish Theology that says that the Cross is only available if God chose you before you were born, and if He didnt, then you are born to go to HELL and then the Lake of Fire.

So, that is "limited atonement".... = The Cross is not for the world, its only for the "elected by pre-destination".

So, Calvinism denies John 3:16, and many other verses that state that God's Gift of Salvation, is to EVERYONE = THE World.

Calvin, like all Super-Heretics, have a big issue with the Cross of Christ as GOD provided it.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s interesting...she obviously doesn’t understand what it means to be Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed then...not yet anyway...so pray God brings her to that understanding.
Jesus suggested to Nicodemus that the new birth took place above ^^^^^^

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me...

I don’t understand what this means..what does it mean?
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
— Galatians 1:15-16

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
— Galatians 4:26

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if Paul was here today, on the forum.. .He would be teaching that you can't lose your Salvation, as Jesus is Salvation.."

And all his "Thorns" would post....>"yes you can lose your salvation", and "Paul, you are teaching OSAS".
Reflect on this verse in John 15:1-4 "“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

John is saying the same as Matthew did in Matthew 7:19-23 to people who were born again and operated in His gifts. " 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them. 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’"

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
— Galatians 1:15-16

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
— Galatians 4:26
Why aren’t you interpreting this scripture....what’s it saying?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spiritual Birth happens "FROM Above" because God as the Holy Spirit is UP THERE, and He gives the New Birth to people down here.

Understand now?
Paul states the mother of them all is above. Are you saying the mother is above but her womb is below?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like most words in the Bible they have many meanings and we need to know how to understand them in the context. In English we have different meanings for the word "bark" and so now I will be you.

So let's say there was a bark nearby and I wrote it down because the sound scared me. And on the next day I saw I could sit on a bark because there was a tree nearby. Now are you going to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about because I think the tree bark can bark like a dog?
Let's try to stay with th exposition of Scripture, shall we? No need to make things personal or ridiculous.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.