Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reflect on this verse in John 15:1-4 "“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

John is saying the same as Matthew did in Matthew 7:19-23 to people who were born again and operated in His gifts. " 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them. 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’"

Yes, i was just telling @Ritajanice that you have no understanding of the Cross, or of Jesus as : Salvation.
And that is why you....... like all deceived Legalists....,., teach that YOUR DOING keeps you saved, or not, which is open rejection of the Blood of Jesus and the Cross of Christ....every time you do it.
And that is how you misuse verses to try to teach that Your behavior, determines Heaven or Hell, after you die.

You have no understanding of Salvation, and that is why you teach that it can be lost.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Behold just replied the Holy Spirit is above with God?
The Holy Spirit is like the wind as he explains to Nicodemus...he can make us Born Again when ever he chooses....just like the wind can kick up a storm in an instance.as can the Holy Spirit when he makes us Born Again of imperishable seed.....his Spirit is everywhere.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is like the wind as he explains to Nicodemus...he can make us Born Again when ever he chooses....just like the wind can kick up a storm in an instance.as can the Holy Spirit when he makes us Born Again of imperishable seed.....his Spirit is everywhere.
So God chooses as Paul stated.

When it pleased God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, i was just telling @Ritajanice that you have no understanding of the Cross, or of Jesus as : Salvation.
How insulting is that to Jesus, believing we can lose our salvation. after he shed his blood for us, died a terrible death for us sinners, so that we can be reconciled back to God...

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

When it pleased God.

Gods word never returns void to him and always accomplishes what is pleasing to him.

Yes, when it pleased God...as when I became Born of God....when it pleased him to do so.thats my take on it.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "word was God", is not Created, as God has no beginning.
So, that is the Pre-incarnate Jesus, who is the "Bread come down from Heaven".

Jesus also describes Himself as the pre-incarnate Word, when He told you....>"I am from ABOVE, and you are from Below".

Virgin born, fully God, fully Man.
How do you know?

Read John 1:10.

Jesus is not a butterfly in a cocoon.
So, get real, @rebuilder 454 , as your "cult teaching" is beginning to come out and play.

Jesus was Virgin Born, the SEED of God, become a Human.

Trinity.
We may be saying the same thing mrs nasty.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods word never returns void to him and always accomplishes what is pleasing to him.

Yes, when it pleased God...as when I became Born of God....when it pleased him to do so.thats my take on it.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
— John 1:12-13

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

When it pleased God.

It pleased God before the Earth was Created, to know what He was going to do, and to know what you were going to do, next...,

Never fall under the SPELL of Calvin's Satanic Theology that teaches that : "God Causes it all, and you are just a MEAT Puppet with no free will".

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said no such thing....Belief In Jesus Name comes first...then we receive God given faith and are Born of the Spirit at the same time?
You said no such thing?
How can you have faith in God without his Spirit, ?
So you do believe as I said. we must have the spirit first (regeneration)

Face it. You said we must be born again BEFORE we have faith. Your whole doctrine rely's on it. Thats why you said the serpent and our faith does not matter, it comes after
You also get very personal when others don’t agree with you my honest opinion.
You just do not like it when we prove you wrong. Like I just did. you again falsly accused me

but thats ok. I love it. It makes my faith stronger when people do this.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no. They can lay down their life for a friend, yes, as happens in war , but not the kind of Love God exemplified while hanging on the cross.... "Amazing Love how can it be that thou my God shouldst die for me..." (Charles Wesley, Amazing Love) When we can begin to Love our enemies, then God's Love is at work in us... "While we were yet sinners (enemies) Christ died for us" Romans 5:8-10
Yes.

We love because he first loved us.

If we are not given eternal life. we have no capacity to love. because we have not yet experienced true perfect love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that is a tricky verse, is because Paul is teaching it as "God's Foreknowledge"..

Calvin teaches it as "pre-destined".

And that is why there is utter confusion...

Notice...., God sees who is going to believe before they are born, and that is "Fore knowledge"... = that is God knew you would believe... before you were born.
Calvin teaches this as.>"God chose you, or caused you"...

So, in the Foreknowledge of God, we understand that all the born again are called
They are called in the sense of "God knew you would believe and you did, and He knew you would, before you were born".

So, that is KNOWING but not CAUSING..

Its the same as the Bible KNOWS that the Great Trib is aBout to happen, but its not causing it....it just KNOWS IT... = "foreknowledge"

Calvin would teach that the bible has "pre-destined it"....

Calvinism teaching Knowing is Causing, = 'pre-destined".
Yes

Calvin teaches regeneration comes first. where we are born again of the spirit. THEN we believe.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvin never did... or what i believe is that he did understand it, but he wanted to Harm God's Plan..
And that is why he redefined "foreknowledge" as "God causing" and then created the hellish Theology that says that the Cross is only available if God chose you before you were born, and if He didnt, then you are born to go to HELL and then the Lake of Fire.

So, that is "limited atonement".... = The Cross is not for the world, its only for the "elected by pre-destination".

So, Calvinism denies John 3:16, and many other verses that state that God's Gift of Salvation, is to EVERYONE = THE World.

Calvin, like all Super-Heretics, have a big issue with the Cross of Christ as GOD provided it.
Yes

Calvin states we are born again first. THEN john 3: 16 comes to place..

Jesus said John 16 comes first. and that is the reason we are born again

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes

Calvin teaches regeneration comes first. where we are born again of the spirit. THEN we believe.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

This implies belief comes first.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is why you....... like all deceived Legalists....,., teach that YOUR DOING keeps you saved, or not, which is open rejection of the Blood of Jesus and the Cross of Christ....every time you do it.
And that is how you misuse verses to try to teach that Your behavior, determines Heaven or Hell, after you die.

You have no understanding of Salvation, and that is why you teach that it can be lost.
Yes,

And this is no salvation at all.. if it is lost. it is not really real

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes

Calvin states we are born again first. THEN john 3: 16 comes to place..

Jesus said John 16 comes first. and that is the reason we are born again

God is Holy. He is the Living Light of RIGHTEOUSNESS and TRUTH and POWER.
This is How we are to understand that "God exists IN LIGHT".

So, for a SINNER to become Joined to God , for Eternity, .. the SINNER has to be separated for eternity from ALL their Sin, by the Blood of Jesus, which "makes our sin, white as snow', the song says..

God can't join Himself to SIN..
So, All SIN has to be dealt with by the Cross of Christ, BEFORE God can birth us Spiritually into Himself......., as "God is a Spirit" and Believers are BORN AGAIN... = Spiritually, by God's Holy Spirit.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

When we receive him we are made children (born again) also called justification

Then we start to grow as children Grow.. this is called sanctification or christian growth

Status
Not open for further replies.