Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said "If i be lifted up (on the Cross) i will Draw ALL people to myself".

That is "For God so loved the WORLD, (not just the pre-destined) that He Gave Jesus"....
Ah!!....yes, that makes sense...I was predestined..not everyone is?

I was predestined for his good pleasure to use me as he wills according to his purpose and plan.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ah!!....yes, that makes sense...I was predestined..not everyone is?

Foreknowledge of God ... knew you would believe.

After you believe, God's Foreknowledge.... has "Predestined you to be confirmed into the Image of Christ".

So, the Believing that you did, ... God know you would, before you were born.
You Believed, and God "Foreknew" you would.

Calvin twisted that into.."God made you believe".. "God overruled your free will and forced Jesus down your throat, by pre-destination".

"you had no choice'.. "God MADE YOU, forced you... " and you had no free will to do otherwise.""

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

After you believe, God's Foreknowledge.... has "Predestined you to be confirmed into the Image of Christ".

Calvin twisted that into.."God made you believe".. "God overruled your free will and forced Jesus down your throat, by pre-destination".
Yes Brother, I agree.xoxo

Edit to add...God brought me to believe in Jesus...yes, I did the believing....he never forced anything.

Reactions: marks

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are any here aware that muslims are getting born again without anyone's formulas or understanding, or bible, or preachers????
They are meeting Jesus. He is appearing to them in dreams, in visions, and in person.

No formulas needed as the apostle Paul found out.

Reactions: marks and Azim

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact remains that the rebelliousness of the Israelites in the wilderness is not some aberration...it is plain to see right here for those with any discernment at all. The lack of faith in the high calling into the higher walk is the flesh crying out against the will of God...God's agenda...in favour of a human agenda of peace and safety.

Whereas the bible reads...Those who He loves He chastens and rebukes....that is seen by the spoiled ones as "those he loves He mollycoddles and comforts" To these the fear of the Lord is unknown.

Instead these will twist the meaning of scripture to be understood as... "those He HATES He chastens and rebukes. Of course the meanings are inverted to support the carnal agenda.

God is fully unknown to many even as they cherish the talent that they are "lovingly" burying to keep it safe.
Blanket statements of accusation against those with whom you disagree. Distasteful and insulting words, what is the intent?

I'm seeing a number of "trigger words", that tend to provoke flesh.

None of this is without meaning, but reflects entirely on you. And you've been saying these things for many years. There is no change, no maturing, only this same dynamic, over and over and over.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That ain’t happening on here though is it.....the personal insults are starting to rear their head...don’t you agree?
There is Unity in the Spirit, once the fear is set aside
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)

Many here still suffer from "doctinal fear"... They are not our enemies just not walking in the Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are any here aware that muslims are getting born again without anyone's formulas or understanding, or bible, or preachers????
They are meeting Jesus. He is appearing to them in dreams, in visions, and in person.

Praise God for that then....and agree with your post..100%

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is not a formula or a doctrine.
It is an encounter with, and an invitation by a person to let him in and inhabit their spirit.
Salvation is a person. His name is Jesus, and he gets the job done even outside mans boxes and formulas.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why has this got to be all about you?
Please stop with your nonsense. Who said it was about me.

No wonder people get so mad with you.

We believe in the name of Jesus as God brought me to believe in his Son....then I received faith from God the same time that I was Born Again...belief in Jesus must come first....then if God chooses..he then gives us faith at the same time we are Born Again.
do what??????????
I’ve just posted my belief above.no need to repeat myself.

You can’t prove anyone wrong....because you weren’t then when we=all experienced the Living rebirth.
Scripture proves you wrong..
Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself....why the need to say this.
Nope. but as with all things. God is always growing our faith..

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that @marks ?
No, I was pointing to an example from what @Eternally Grateful wrote.

There is a certain training in the mind towards detecting "you" statements. But once you get tuned into that, you can avoid being triggered by them. @Episkopos makes a great many "you" statements, eliciting a great many reactionary posts.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a certain sequence to it all. It seems there has to be belief, seed, birth, and then growth into a perfect Man, the man Jesus Christ!
Yes

Belief (faith) recieves the gift of Grace (for we have been saved by grace through faith)

A child is born again BECAUSE they are regenerated. or given eternal life

We begin the lifelong process of being formed into the image of God which will be completed when we are face to face with him!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blanket statements of accusation against those with whom you disagree. Distasteful and insulting words, what is the intent?
The intent is to show that this petty fleshly debating of the doctrines of men is not conducive to a discussion on the "higher walk".... I read his comments as him trying to moderate his post from going astray. :My2c:

Reactions: Laurina and Azim

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And all who call upon the Name of the LORD shall be saved. God wants us all to come, and makes it so very simple!

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please stop with your nonsense. Who said it was about me.

No wonder people get so mad with you.

do what??????????

Scripture proves you wrong..

Nope. but as with all things. God is always growing our faith..
Once again...I can’t discuss with you in this frame of mind..it’s so unedifying and fruitless.

I have been Born Again of imperishable seed...that I have never doubted from day one...please prove me wrong by using scripture, thank you.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"you had no choice'.. "God MADE YOU, forced you... " and you had no free will to do otherwise.""
So little babes 2 years old go to hell if not chosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.