Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It pleased God before the Earth was Created, to know what He was going to do, and to know what you were going to do, next...,

Never fall under the SPELL of Calvin's Satanic Theology that teaches that : "God Causes it all, and you are just a MEAT Puppet with no free will".
Amen

John 6: 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
— John 1:12-13

This implies belief comes first.
So does John 3, 4, 5 and 6 and many other passages.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There it is folks. Confusion reigns on the thread. But the truth stands even as people go by doing their own business.

There have always been many who refuse to grow in understanding. In Hebrews we read...

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Heb. 5:12

Overfed babies on milk want to vomit at the mere sight of meat.

Then there are those who claim to be teachers and can only lead people into the same deceptions that they have been led into. The blind leading the blind.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Holy. He is the Living Light of RIGHTEOUSNESS and TRUTH and POWER.
This is How we are to understand that "God exists IN LIGHT".

So, for a SINNER to become Joined to God , for Eternity, .. the SINNER has to be separated for eternity from ALL their Sin, by the Blood of Jesus, which "makes our sin, white as snow', the song says..

God can't join Himself to SIN..
So, All SIN has to be dealt with by the Cross of Christ, BEFORE God can birth us Spiritually into Himself......., as "God is a Spirit" and Believers are BORN AGAIN... = Spiritually, by God's Holy Spirit.
Yes, Justification. must come before new birth.

God will not raise us to new life while still under the penalty of sin.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There it is folks. Confusion reigns on the thread. But the truth stands even as people go by doing their own business.

There have always been many who refuse to grow in understanding. In Hebrews we read...

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Heb. 5:12

Overfed babies on milk want to vomit at the mere sight of meat.

Then there are those who claim to be teachers and can only lead people into the same deceptions that they have been led into. The blind leading the blind.
Yes, You need lots of milk. Please go get some.. Lots of it.. There is hope yet

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You said no such thing?

So you do believe as I said. we must have the spirit first (regeneration)

Why has this got to be all about you?

We believe in the name of Jesus as God brought me to believe in his Son....then I received faith from God the same time that I was Born Again...belief in Jesus must come first....then if God chooses..he then gives us faith at the same time we are Born Again.
Face it. You said we must be born again BEFORE we have faith. Your whole doctrine rely's on it. Thats why you said the serpent and our faith does not matter, it comes after

I’ve just posted my belief above.no need to repeat myself.
You just do not like it when we prove you wrong. Like I just did. you again falsly accused me
You can’t prove anyone wrong....because you weren’t then when we=all experienced the Living rebirth.

but thats ok. I love it. It makes my faith stronger when people do this.
Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself....why the need to say this.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fact remains that the rebelliousness of the Israelites in the wilderness is not some aberration...it is plain to see right here for those with any discernment at all. The lack of faith in the high calling into the higher walk is the flesh crying out against the will of God...God's agenda...in favour of a human agenda of peace and safety.

Whereas the bible reads...Those who He loves He chastens and rebukes....that is seen by the spoiled ones as "those he loves He mollycoddles and comforts" To these the fear of the Lord is unknown.

Instead these will twist the meaning of scripture to be understood as... "those He HATES He chastens and rebukes. Of course the meanings are inverted to support the carnal agenda.

God is fully unknown to many even as they cherish the talent that they are "lovingly" burying to keep it safe.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

We love because he first loved us.

If we are not given eternal life. we have no capacity to love. because we have not yet experienced true perfect love
So Many Christians sit here on forums such as this and argue doctrinal differences of the teachings of men, Calvin Arminius, condition security vs eternal security ad infinitum.... This shows their Immaturity in Agape Love.... (Ephesians 4:11-14, 1 Corinthians 3:1-6). The Higher walk is exemplified by God's love perfected in us. This is why the confession of the deity of Christ the Spirit Gives us when we are saved, because this example of God dying for us is the supreme example of Love we have, which is why this confession of Jesus as LORD is fundamental to salvation. \

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. ( 1 John 4:12-16)

Continue reading 1 John 4 To receive this blessing :pray: And Romans 8:1-8 to understand the fulness of this in our life (walking in the Spirit)

God Bless.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
— Ephesians 4:13

This is the highest walk.
That ain’t happening on here though is it.....the personal insults are starting to rear their head...don’t you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.