Is there a punishment for giving in to the same sin each day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Hi guys
biggrin.gif
,Hope you're all keeping well and the Lord is being good to you.I was just wondering, is there any punishment for giving into a similar sin each day?It's just every day, a similar sin comes my way and i nearly always give in to it. I do my best not to sin, and each time i feel guilty afterward, but i always keep giving in to the same sin.You'd think i'd learn from making the same mistake, day in, day out. I ask for for forgiveness everytime i sin but will there be a time where the Lord may not forgive me for giving into the same sin and not learning from my mistakes?I don't even know why it happens. I am guessing i am just weak.Will God always forgive me for my actions?Is there anything i can do to help from or stop giving into this sin?Thanks and may God bless you allSara

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
God will never stop forgiving but maybe you are asking for the wrong thing how about asking for the strenghth to resist the sin. Giving into it everyday is letting Satan rule you rather than God.

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
This is a great and important question Sara. Thank you for asking it. Must admit I was afraid to read the answer. What a comfort to know that not only will God forgive, He will also help. I have been very dense about Him helping me change and grow. Keep thinking I have to do it on my own. It should be obvious to me that this is wrong because it gets me no where. Thank you Kriss for responding.

Peaced

Apr 23, 2008
Without having more information, all I can add is that sin can't rule over you unless you allow it to. Pray, pray, pray and get into the Word. God can only give you the strength to overcome this if you accept it.
smile.gif

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Hey guys!Thanks so much for your great replies. It's just i can't help wondering if i'm drifting away from Christ or if i was even saved in the first place!I'm so sorry that it all resorts to the same thing.It's just the thought of losing Christ, or not being saved in the first place, scares me. I am willing to put my all into my relationship with God! I admit i do not read His Word as often as i should but i talk to God twice a day. I'm wondering if i'm even asking for the right things or if i'm even talking to Him in the right way?!I'm so sorry that i keep bothering you guys!Thanks
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Your never a bother Sara:) Never doubt you are saved if you believe in Christ and repent when you do wrong you are saved period. Do not let your own doubts interfere with this knowledge. Is reading the Bible or going to church important ? It keeps you closer to him because you are always learning the great way he works and it builds your spirit up but is it necessary? no. If you talk to him everyday and love him in your heart he hears every word you say. He promises he will never leave you or forsake you. There is no proper way to speak to God he is concerned that your heart is right. If you do that by just talking to him its fine with him he does not care for scripted,repetitive prayers he would rather hear whats on your mind.

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Kriss,Thank you so much for you kind words.
smile.gif
It's just sometimes, i find myself slipping back into my old ways. My work has approx 95% non-believers, i do not have much fellowship with other Christians and my family do not believe either (i even have to hide my study bibles!), so it is very easy to find myself slipping back into the way i was before i was saved. I suppose that's the reason why i doubt myself so much. I used to think that being a Christian was easy, and if you received the Holy Spirit, it meant you were able to resist temptation without a problem. I suppose you could say i am learning the hard way.I wish there was an easier way to be able to tell if you are saved.Thanks again,Sara