Is There a War on Christmas?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does anybofy think there is a war on Christmas? although you can't force anybody to celebrate Christmas it seems to me that people are getting more & more offended by people saying Merry Christmas or even putting up Christmas trees, i even heard on the news that somebody got offended by a libiarie's Christmas tree and made them take it down, :( but i'm not surpised by this, does anybody else think there's a war on Christmas???

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a war on Chrisitanity period ....

The same sex marriage law as written, is a challenge to any Chrisitian organization. I'm looking to the first lawsuit by a Church or demnomination that is forced to perform a same sex marriage within their walls ....The Supreme Court will have a ball with that one ....

Last edited:

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is also true, i agree there is a war on Christianity & Christmas, great perspective here

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does anybofy think there is a war on Christmas? although you can't force anybody to celebrate Christmas it seems to me that people are getting more & more offended by people saying Merry Christmas or even putting up Christmas trees, i even heard on the news that somebody got offended by a libiarie's Christmas tree and made them take it down, :( but i'm not surpised by this, does anybody else think there's a war on Christmas???
Satan will always be at war with Christmas. I think he wants us to worship him.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankfully I live in Alabama .....We don't believe in Happy Holidays ......Christmas Trees are out, decorations and "MERRY Christmas" is shouted out.

We fly two flags here ......The United States Flag and the "Stars and Bars" as a reminder to the northern agressors .....stay home where you belong.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...does anybody think there is a war on Christmas?...
Yes. Firstly there is a war against Christ. Then against Christians. Then against Christmas. Then against the true Gospel. Then against every value that is sane, sober, sensible, and sacred. Then against conservatism. Then against patriotism. Then against marriage. Then against children.

The war on children has become the most intense, and if every parent was fully aware of the attacks against children, there would not be a single child in any public school (and many private schools also).

It would appear that God is handing over the world to evildoers at this time, in preparation for the reign of the Antichrist, and the divine judgments which will follow. Which means that Christians must redouble their efforts to get the true Gospel out to "every creature" whether they accept it or reject it.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Firstly there is a war against Christ. Then against Christians. Then against Christmas. Then against the true Gospel. Then against every value that is sane, sober, sensible, and sacred. Then against conservatism. Then against patriotism. Then against marriage. Then against children.

The war on children has become the most intense, and if every parent was fully aware of the attacks against children, there would not be a single child in any public school (and many private schools also).

It would appear that God is handing over the world to evildoers at this time, in preparation for the reign of the Antichrist, and the divine judgments which will follow. Which means that Christians must redouble their efforts to get the true Gospel out to "every creature" whether they accept it or reject it.
I think there is a more subtle "attack" on Christmas. The subtle and not-so-subtle promotion of a completely secular, materialistic godless culture in America in particular and the West in general.

Lots of people in America today, especially on the left, might celebrate Christmas commercially and culturally, but NOT in a truly traditional or spiritual sense - they just see it as an occasion to buy token presents or material goods for those relatives you barely talk to, to a show a modicum of acknowledgment perhaps once a year.

But they fail to immerse themselves in or grasp the TRUE timeless and immemorial spirit and deeper meaning of Christmas - the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior! They have sadly forgotten the things which truly matter!

For example, this is an older Christmas song which has lyrics such as "Santa knows we're all God's children, that makes everything right! Peace on earth will come to all if we just follow the light...let's give thanks to the LORD above 'cause Santa Claus comes tonight!"

If it was made and released today, lots of people in modern society would call for it to be banned or at least heavily censored because many would be "upset" by its clear and biased religious references.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have heard the song you are talking about that is so true in this day & age it would be banned, but i do agree with you, this country is not what it used to be in past decades

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Christian apologist, I am not so much concerned with the attacks against Christmas from those outside the faith, that has been going on since the Gospel was first preached, and it will continue until the end of the world, but will be no more effective in silencing the witness of the Gospel in the future than it has been in the centuries past, even when the Christ-haters tried to drown the Gospel in a river of blood.

But as a Christian, I am concerned, deeply concerned with the mounting attacks in recent years from within the Christian community that are gaining popularity, seemingly "factual" arguments that are undermining the faith in the historical Christian remembrance of and universal witness to the two most important events in the life of Jesus, his birth and his resurrection. The real threat to the Gospel is not from those outside the faith who hate the Gospel, but from those within the community of believers who subvert the truth with skillfully crafted arguments intended to silence this universal witness to the birth and the resurrection of Jesus ... Christmas and Easter.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a war on Chrisitanity period ....

The same sex marriage law as written, is a challenge to any Chrisitian organization. I'm looking to the first lawsuit by a Church or demnomination that is forced to perform a same sex marriage within their walls ....The Supreme Court will have a ball with that one ....
Churches are considered to be private entities not public. Ministers are under no obligation to marry anyone they don't care to this is why you still occasionally hear about some minister refusing to marry an interracial couple and that refusal is perfectly legal.

Reactions: shortangel

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches are considered to be private entities not public. Ministers are under no obligation to marry anyone they don't care to this is why you still occasionally hear about some minister refusing to marry an interracial couple and that refusal is perfectly legal.

The Democrats lean to telling Christian Churches they must abide by Federal Law. In other words ......perform same sex marriages

Funny you spout this continually, yet support an entity that believes the Constitution should be changed at will ......

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a Christian apologist, I am not so much concerned with the attacks against Christmas from those outside the faith, that has been going on since the Gospel was first preached, and it will continue until the end of the world, but will be no more effective in silencing the witness of the Gospel in the future than it has been in the centuries past, even when the Christ-haters tried to drown the Gospel in a river of blood.

But as a Christian, I am concerned, deeply concerned with the mounting attacks in recent years from within the Christian community that are gaining popularity, seemingly "factual" arguments that are undermining the faith in the historical Christian remembrance of and universal witness to the two most important events in the life of Jesus, his birth and his resurrection. The real threat to the Gospel is not from those outside the faith who hate the Gospel, but from those within the community of believers who subvert the truth with skillfully crafted arguments intended to silence this universal witness to the birth and the resurrection of Jesus ... Christmas and Easter.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer
They are idolising santa claws ? that's all that is going on, just like they have Gay pride day and I think that is on the cards too becoming a bigger event.
Thing is it's all about money ! you can not get rid of Gay pride day because it generates big money coming in to the community.

You can not get rid of this new age Santa because he is bigger than Jesus nowadays publicly, it's all about Santa and what does Santa bring that counts ? They or most do not like Jesus at all in fact. so Jesus has nothing at all to do with their Santa at all in fact.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Democrats lean to telling Christian Churches they must abide by Federal Law. In other words ......perform same sex marriages

Funny you spout this continually, yet support an entity that believes the Constitution should be changed at will ......
And no matter how much you pout about it no minister can be forced to perform any ceremony he or she does not wish to. Interracial marriage has been legal for over fifty years now, and not once has anyone even tried to force a minister to marry a mixed race couple. Deal with it

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no matter how much you pout about it no minister can be forced to perform any ceremony he or she does not wish to. Interracial marriage has been legal for over fifty years now, and not once has anyone even tried to force a minister to marry a mixed race couple. Deal with it

Democrats want to force churches to conduct same sex marriages ......No matter how much you are against Chrisitanity ......

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Interracial marriage

Blacks, whites, women, Japanese, ....ect, are an Ethnic group.

Homosexuals are not an ethnic Group. They are defined by their SEXUAL LIFESTYLE........as "Homo-sexual".

Never believe the lie that this is an ethnic group.
Its definitely not.

Its a ALT= sexuality , (same gender sex), that is LEGALIZED and given "rights".
Nothing more.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blacks, whites, women, Japanese, ....ect, are an Ethnic group.

Homosexuals are not an ethnic Group. They are defined by their SEXUAL LIFESTYLE........as "Homo-sexual".
No they are minorities and not defined by any lifestyle (what ever that is)

Why are you so obsessed with sex?
Never believe the lie that this is an ethnic group.
Its definitely not.

Its a ALT= sexuality , (same gender sex), that is LEGALIZED and given "rights".
Nothing more.
the same rights as everyone else.