Is there salvation outside the Catholic Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just violated your "infallibility" rule.

Oh, and that means, you have no business telling others to read their bible.
Then you don’t understand infallibility.
Infallibility is not impeccability. That’s a beginner’s blunder.

As for studying your Bible – I was merely admonishing you learn what the Scriptures are actually saying so that you wouldn’t respond with any more nonsense.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Eph.2;

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 55:10-12
Invitation to the Needy
…10For just as rain and snow fall from heaven and do not return without watering the earth, making it bud and sprout, and providing seed to sow and food to eat, 11so My word that proceeds from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and it will prosper where I send it. 12You will indeed go out with joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.…

Calling Christ a liar is VERY bad but He did say every sin will be forgiven men, any word spoken against the Father and the Son will be forgiven men, BUT BLASPHEMY of the Holy Spirit will not be. Be careful BOL, where you are and where you are heading is NOT good.

Maybe you need different versions that mean all the same thing...... I promise, I mean it, Truly , Truly, VERILY , VERILY, I assure you, you know- without a doubt. I mean clearly you and the "father- in- laws" do not like truth but TRULY, TRULY Christ does not care.

New International Version
Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
YOUR problem is that you do NOT know how to rightly divide the word of God.
You fail to grasp when the Scriptures are speaking figuratively – and when they are speaking literally.

The following verses say that God is “LIKE and eagle” and has “Wings” and “Feathers” (Deut. 32:11, Psalm 91:4). Is God a giant birdOR is this simply figurative text??

You keep posting a verse that says Christ’s words are “LIKE rain”. They aren’t actual rain. It is once again – FIGURATIVE language. LEARN how to discern the difference.

Like I’ve told some of your fellow Scripturally-bankrupt friends here:

Stop QUOTING Scripture until you LEARN what it is actually saying . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you don’t understand infallibility.
Infallibility is not impeccability. That’s a beginner’s blunder.

As for studying your Bible – I was merely admonishing you learn what the Scriptures are actually saying so that you wouldn’t respond with any more nonsense.
No...that excuse only comes from not having the proper definition of what the church is:

Christ is "perfected", and by the spirit of the Father, so is His church.

Fallible and imperfect men, are not the church.

But thanks for unwittingly clarifying that you don't know the actual truth about the church and that you have allowed for fallible men in your doctrine. That's has been the problem from the beginning of the would-be church, and you are obviously you are their offspring.

So revealing--got to quote you again!
Apples and oranges.
There have ALWAYS been bad individuals within the Church - and there will be until the end of time (Matt. 7:15-23).

STUDY your Bible, dude . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Eph.2;

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Yup - through Christ's Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...that excuse only comes from not having the proper definition of what the church is:

Christ is "perfected", and by the spirit of the Father, so is His church.

Fallible and imperfect men, are not the church.

But thanks for unwittingly clarifying that you don't know the actual truth about the church and that you have allowed for fallible men in your doctrine. That's has been the problem from the beginning of the would-be church, and you are obviously you are their offspring.

So revealing--got to quote you again!
Wrong.

Paul warned the Ephesians that “savage wolves” would arise – from the CHURCH to distort the truth.

This is precisely what happened during the Protestant Revolt in the 16th century.

The bad guys don’t just come in from the outside. The attack from WITHIN (Acts 20:29-31).

Of course – you have to know your Bible to recognize this . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

Paul warned the Ephesians that “savage wolves” would arise – from the CHURCH to distort the truth.

This is precisely what happened during the Protestant Revolt in the 16th century.

The bad guys don’t just come in from the outside. The attack from WITHIN (Acts 20:29-31).

Of course – you have to know your Bible to recognize this . . .
Okay...so...now you are saying that Christ was not perfected the third day as He said (which is what I said, and you now call "Wrong" above).

Keep digging that hole!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely you jest.
Uhhhhhhh, no – I don’t jest.

Show me where God told Noah to slaughter animals to seal the Covenant in blood.

YOU are the one who made this claim so YOU are the one who needs to prove it.

Chapter and Verse, please . . .

MY Bible says that God set His bow (rainbow) in the sky as a sign of His promise.

NO blood was shed.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...so...now you are saying that Christ was not perfected the third day as He said (which is what I said, and you now call "Wrong" above).

Keep digging that hole!
WRONG again, Scotty.

I gave you Biblical proof of the fact that there are indeed bad people within the Church who we are warned about (Acts 20:29-31). Your rejection of this Biblical truth is the only “hole” being dug here . . .

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhhhhh, no – I don’t jest.

Show me where God told Noah to slaughter animals to seal the Covenant in blood.

YOU are the one who made this claim so YOU are the one who needs to prove it.

Chapter and Verse, please . . .

MY Bible says that God set His bow (rainbow) in the sky as a sign of His promise.

NO blood was shed.
No, you show me where I said God told Noah to slaughter animals. I didn't say that, so why ask me to prove it? Try making some sense.

Surely you were jesting when you wrote "Moses" instead of "Noah." I hope you were anyway.

"Tell me where God told Moses to slaughter animals to seal the covenant that He would no longer destroy the earth with water."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG again, Scotty.

I gave you Biblical proof of the fact that there are indeed bad people within the Church who we are warned about (Acts 20:29-31). Your rejection of this Biblical truth is the only “hole” being dug here . . .
No. I (and everyone reading this) know what I said, and I know what your answer was, and that you denied that Jesus was perfected the third day.

You lying about it doesn't change anything, it just confirms your actual position.

...Oh, and I never denied that the church has fallible people in it. On the contrary, I concur. But that only proves that your church is not the church Jesus is building.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just violated your "infallibility" rule.

Perhaps you don't know what that rule is. It doesn't mean Popes are invariably right about all things, nor does it even mean they will all be good men. Would you like to learn what it actually means?

Oh, and that means, you have no business telling others to read their bible.

He's merely pointing out to you that there is nothing in scripture that says it rained on Good Friday. There just isn't. There are a few non-Christian texts (now lost, but cited by non-Christians) that mention a darkness coming over the land, but nothing about rain.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you show me where I said God told Noah to slaughter animals. I didn't say that, so why ask me to prove it? Try making some sense.

Surely you were jesting when you wrote "Moses" instead of "Noah." I hope you were anyway.

"Tell me where God told Moses to slaughter animals to seal the covenant that He would no longer destroy the earth with water."
I asked you to show me WHOSE blood was spilled in God’s Covenant with Noah.

In post #1631 – YOU responded with:
“I already gave it. It was animals’ blood.”

Now you’re lying about having said that and playing your moronic little games.

I have exposed you repeatedly on this – and you have lied repeatedly in a desperate attempt to get out of it.

Show me the Chapter and Verse that substantiates your claim – or simply admit that you’re lying . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you don't know what that rule is. It doesn't mean Popes are invariably right about all things, nor does it even mean they will all be good men. Would you like to learn what it actually means?

He's merely pointing out to you that there is nothing in scripture that says it rained on Good Friday. There just isn't. There are a few non-Christian texts (now lost, but cited by non-Christians) that mention a darkness coming over the land, but nothing about rain.
No, if you are going to give me a definition of infallible that doesn't mean infallible...I'll pass. Besides, I know what it means.

But what's "rain" got to do with it?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you to show me WHOSE blood was spilled in God’s Covenant with Noah.

In post #1631 – YOU responded with:
“I already gave it. It was animals’ blood.”

Now you’re lying about having said that and playing your moronic little games.

I have exposed you repeatedly on this – and you have lied repeatedly in a desperate attempt to get out of it.

Show me the Chapter and Verse that substantiates your claim – or simply admit that you’re lying . . .
Rage on. . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I (and everyone reading this) know what I said, and I know what your answer was, and that you denied that Jesus was perfected the third day.

You lying about it doesn't change anything, it just confirms your actual position.

...Oh, and I never denied that the church has fallible people in it. On the contrary, I concur. But that only proves that your church is not the church Jesus is building.
Uhhhhhh, since you‘re so sure that I “denied” Christ’s perfection – perhaps you can show ALL of us where I said that. Please point me to the post where I made this claim. Happy hunting, my dishonest friend.

It never amazes me anymore when I see you stick your foot in your mouth.

It’s only when I try to figure out HOW you’re going to fit the other one in there that baffles me . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhhhh, since you‘re so sure that I “denied” Christ’s perfection – perhaps you can show ALL of us where I said that. Please point me to the post where I made this claim. Happy hunting, my dishonest friend.

It never amazes me anymore when I see you stick your foot in your mouth.

It’s only when I try to figure out HOW you’re going to fit the other one in there that baffles me . . .
Post #1646.

I made a biblically true statement about Jesus. You said it was "Wrong", and have been lying about it ever since. Still are. That's how you roll.