Is this true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo
In Denmark conservative Christians are against gay marriage, but they support that divorced people can get re-married.
That’s practical since almost half of all marriages end up in divorce.
For a priest to condone that a divorced person gets married anew is just as bad as a priest condoning gay marriage.
It’s either right or sin, we can’t say that we’ll compromise when it comes to divorced people, just because they are so many. Divorced people should be treated like the church treats the homosexuals.
Divorced people usually have a hard time with love and forgiveness (Matt 19:8).

I would never tell anyone that gay sex isn’t sinful, but I don’t speak much about gay sex, since it’s not our biggest sin or issue. The church is corrupt, our culture is corrupt and our eyes selectively decides which sins to focus on and which to ignore. Growing up in the church I’ve realized why almost all the Christians from my generation lost faith, they were mislead by their parents selective version of Christianity.
When we hear “it’s harder for a rich man to enter heaven than for a camel…” we think, hmmm so it is still possible to be rich and go to heaven? - I’ll try!
We are warned not to get rich, why?
Wealth is a sign that you don’t have love enough to give your wealth away. I don’t think anyone will enter heaven without loving their neighbor. If you care more about your own money, you don’t love your neighbor.
Correct we should warn any members in any sin to repent asap quick and if they heed not , cast them out till they do .
Its the only pattern that works .
Ps , be encouraged . I am gonna let the digital world in on a lil secrete .
I noticed you spoke about divorce and etc .
By grace i never remarried , due to it would be adultery . YEP . I agree we need to be warning against all sin
not picking and choosing what sin to cover up and what sin to expose . Expose it all for the sake of the church .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the healing. But it is also a dividing:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left." Matthew 25:31-33

"But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first." Matthew 19:30

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left." Matthew 25:31-33

"But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first." Matthew 19:30
Think ye that i came to send Peace on earth , I tell you nay , but rather division .
The world is never gonna love true lambs . WE will be persecuted they will cast us out .
OH but i have wonderful news . THE LAMBS have JESUS and HE is our hope and our salvation .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

we quote concerning the sword that enters
Quick and powerful …piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow …a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

could the dividing of “joints” and “marrow” be speaking of the body of Christ in Colossians 2:17-22 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. [18] Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, [19] And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. [20] Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, [21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not; [22] Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?

But usually, unless I’ve misunderstood, it is said to be the heart of each individual man concerning the sword piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow …a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart. (Within)
Luke 2:34-35 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; [35] (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

My question then is: is the dividing of the sheep from the goats the severing of the old man, that old sin nature, from the new man? And when it says many will be first who were last and the last first …could this be what Paul mentioned of a new conversation being set over the old …no longer ruled by that old conversation we all had in the world according to the lust of the flesh, the pride of life and the lust of the eyes. Does that question make sense?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ring true? Context is king.

2 Chronicles 7:13-18 KJV
13) If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15) Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16) For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
17) And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
18) Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To say that our sins are covered by the Blood of Christ on the Cross is to make a mockery of Christ's sacrifice for all the people of the earth.
This I agree with completely!

Our sins are NOT covered by Jesus' blood as if His blood were no better than a goat's blood. Our sins are removed.

Much love!

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question then is: is the dividing of the sheep from the goats the severing of the old man, that old sin nature, from the new man?
No, it's a judgment Jesus will give to the gentile nations when He returns in glory.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redeemed to GOD by the Blood of Christ . Let all praise and thank the glorious Lord .
Praise be to His Holy Name . Yea , i say let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 103:12-18
[12]As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
[13]Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
[14]For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
[15]As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
[16]For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
[17]But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
[18]To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
[13]Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
[14]For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
[15]As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
[16]For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
[17]But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
[18]To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The following cartoon, which has been shared on Facebook and is based on Charlie Brown rings true for me. It is based around the following scripture: -

2 Chron 7:13-15: - 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Does the cartoon ring true for you?

View attachment 20555

I wonder if Snoopy is reflecting on who is wagging the tail?
I love Snoopy and Schultz his creator is a Christian. And I do believe that passage is relevant today. We may pray but we aren't anywhere near humble enough and often think we can do it without God. Specially those who lead our nations.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What has the finial judgement to do with 2 Chronicles 7:12-13?

I think you are missing the point of God's Promise to all of His Saints.
This I agree with completely!

Our sins are NOT covered by Jesus' blood as if His blood were no better than a goat's blood. Our sins are removed.

Much love!

If our sins are removed, then why do we keep repeating them over and over again?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has the finial judgement to do with 2 Chronicles 7:12-13?

I think you are missing the point of God's Promise to all of His Saints.

If our sins are removed, then why do we keep repeating them over and over again?
Psalm 79:8-9
[8]O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low.
[9]Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.

Matthew 26:28
[28]For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 3:3
[3]And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Hebrews 9:19-26
[19]For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
[20]Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
[21]Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
[22]And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
[23]It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
[24]For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
[25]Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
[26]For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

The word "remission" in the Greek is "pardon." Paul spoke of that battle we all experience between the flesh and the spirit. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. He spoke of the reality that sometimes he wanted to do good, but because of the weakness of his flesh, he did the things that were contrary to the spirit.

Paul went on to say...
1 John 2:1
[1]My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

David was called a man after God's own heart. And yet, David sinned ....he committed adultery and murder. I'm not saying we can go around doing those things. But because of David's weakness, he sinned .....and because of his sincere humility, he repented and sought cleansing and forgiveness. He knew he sinned ....he confessed his sins from an humble heart ....and God honored that.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 79:8-9
[8]O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low.
[9]Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.

Matthew 26:28
[28]For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 3:3
[3]And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Hebrews 9:19-26
[19]For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
[20]Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
[21]Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
[22]And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
[23]It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
[24]For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
[25]Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
[26]For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

The word "remission" in the Greek is "pardon." Paul spoke of that battle we all experience between the flesh and the spirit. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. He spoke of the reality that sometimes he wanted to do good, but because of the weakness of his flesh, he did the things that were contrary to the spirit.

Paul went on to say...
1 John 2:1
[1]My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

David was called a man after God's own heart. And yet, David sinned ....he committed adultery and murder. I'm not saying we can go around doing those things. But because of David's weakness, he sinned .....and because of his sincere humility, he repented and sought cleansing and forgiveness. He knew he sinned ....he confessed his sins from an humble heart ....and God honored that.

What a bloody mess it all must have been back then, all that sprinkling :eek: But then, there can be no life without blood...even in a woman giving birth!
Wish we lived near one another sister, I would ask you to be a mentor in "dividing the scriptures rightly"
Great post.
xoxo

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a bloody mess it all must have been back then, all that sprinkling :eek: But then, there can be no life without blood...even in a woman giving birth!
Wish we lived near one another sister, I would ask you to be a mentor in "dividing the scriptures rightly"
Great post.
xoxo

That would be so wonderful if we lived closer, @Nancy!

Reactions: Nancy

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Correct we should warn any members in any sin to repent asap quick and if they heed not , cast them out till they do .
Its the only pattern that works .
Ps , be encouraged . I am gonna let the digital world in on a lil secrete .
I noticed you spoke about divorce and etc .
By grace i never remarried , due to it would be adultery . YEP . I agree we need to be warning against all sin
not picking and choosing what sin to cover up and what sin to expose . Expose it all for the sake of the church .
@amigo de christo
To cast out someone is the same as giving up on them. I agree that there are instances where such an action is necessary but when churches and all Christians measure sins individually we won’t find justice, we can only hope to find relief. The instance Paul mentioned, where the son was living with his fathers wife, is directly evil and humiliating towards his father. How can he show up in church, if his son is humiliating him like that, clearly the son and the fathers wife need to be shun/cast out by the church. I don’t agree that remarried people, should be cast out or even homosexuals. Maybe they shouldn’t be members but I think it’s a mistake to shun them, shunning is only for church members who turn out to be imposters.
We need to embrace the sinners and invite them in, regardless of their sin. They already know that they are sinning but real change comes from faith, not from someone telling them that their action is wrong. We will only make disciples if we make room for their journey towards becoming disciples. Let’s not get too busy judging, let’s focus more on controlling our tongues.
People sin with their mouths all the time, but we don’t shun people for that. Freedom of speech and all.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree @Rita we should be nice to each other: divorced, gay or communist.
We also shouldn’t measure the weight of sins, you are right too.
I do however disagree that we all sin. How can one break the law if the law doesn’t apply to him? If you are born again, you can’t sin, you can still make stupid mistakes or even hurt people, but it doesn’t count as sin.
Yes, I get what you are saying. However this does not take away our responsibility to be humble or accountable. So this thread is about being honest with ourselves, and God, and admitting those failings.
Rita