Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did, and how I did, was reading your post which is all over the map touching on bits of doctrine that obviously have irritated you and are now pet peeves you are venting about in addition to preaching about, claiming the Bible (God's Word) and God are not even the same. Yep, got that all from your Original Post.

For starters I am not irritated at all actually...

no you didn't because I never once said that they were not on the same page at all... that was a lie you told... Show me where I claimed that the Bible and God were not on the same page???

I am talking about Faith not belief here...

I have faith in God that what I am reading is truth... I believe that what I am reading because I know that God would never let me bleieve a lie... if I never picked up a Bible again in my life I would not lose my faith in God....

So tell me, is your faith in God from God Himself or is it gained through your faith in the Bible???

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will answer your question once you have answer this one.. then I will tell you your answer...

is eternal life of the Bible or of God?

What exactly do you have against the Bible? The Bible is God's word, His message to all people.

Your posts are the expression of your thoughts. Why should I pay any attention to them? They're just words on my screen.

How do I know that you really exist?

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly do you have against the Bible? The Bible is God's word, His message to all people.

Your posts are the expression of your thoughts. Why should I pay any attention to them? They're just words on my screen.

How do I know that you really exist?

are you not going to answer the question?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For starters I am not irritated at all actually...

no you didn't because I never once said that they were not on the same page at all... that was a lie you told... Show me where I claimed that the Bible and God were not on the same page???

I am talking about Faith not belief here...

I have faith in God that what I am reading is truth... I believe that what I am reading because I know that God would never let me bleieve a lie... if I never picked up a Bible again in my life I would not lose my faith in God....

So tell me, is your faith in God from God Himself or is it gained through your faith in the Bible???
Two can play at this.

I never said you said "that they were not on the same page at all."

That was a lie you told.

See how you are?

But, hey, if you want to have a serious conversation--stop making accusations and present your issue. There are now 6 pages of junk posted...all because you asked for it. Change you approach. Do better.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two can play at this.

I never said you said "that they were not on the same page at all."

That was a lie you told.

See how you are?

But, hey, if you want to have a serious conversation--stop making accusations and present your issue. There are now 6 pages of junk posted...all because you asked for it. Change you approach. Do better.
98.png
Care to change your lie???.... when you say that I am claiming you are inferring that I said.... good try though....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show me in the Bible where it is eternal life???

Oh it’s in there, you’re just being a smart aleck.

And you have the nerve to call me a liar?

LOL!!!

So, tell me, how did you get saved?

Because the Bible, nor anyone preaching the Bible, gave you the gospel of eternal life by using the Bible (since it’s not in there as your absurd question implies)

Did a voice preach and explain it to you?

WHAT ELSE did this voice tell you besides the shortcomings and limitations
of the Bible?

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that wasn't an answer to the question...

The Bible is a book. It's an inspired book. It's a holy book. But it's still a book.

The Bible is not God, obviously, but it does describe God. It describes his person. It describes his will for mankind. It describes his desired relationship with us and each other.

The Bible describes how we must reorient ourselves to conform to God's will. It also describes how we can connect to God via prayer to form an intimate relationship with our creator. It describes how prophets of the past communicated with God, their struggles, failures and triumphs; and it gives us instruction to achieve the same.

The Bible is a road-map, blueprint, and guide leading us to God.

Once we reach God we put the road-map down. That's the purpose of road-maps -- to get you to your destination. But God is not a physical place. He occupies a spiritual plane, an emotional realm. We may connect to him today then lose him tomorrow. Thus we need to constantly reconnect. We need to continuously pray. We need to return to God day after day as he strengthens our faith. For this we continue to need the Bible. We continuously return to scripture to replenish our strength, to resolve our will, so we may continue to seek and find God.

The Bible is a holy book. A tool given to us by God for our instruction. But it's still just a book. The Bible is not God.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh it’s in there, you’re just being a smart aleck.

And you have the nerve to call me a liar?

LOL!!!

So, tell me, how did you get saved?

Because the Bible, nor anyone preaching the Bible, gave you the gospel of eternal life by using the Bible (since it’s not in there as your absurd question implies)

Did a voice preach and explain it to you?

WHAT ELSE did this voice tell you besides the shortcomings and limitations
of the Bible?
well you are a liar because the Bible is not eternal life at all.. unless you want to call Jesus himself a liar???

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 24588
Care to change your lie???.... when you say that I am claiming you are inferring that I said.... good try though....
Conveniently you added to your lie by quoting [the wrong post] where you pit God against the Bible (His Word).

Hint: You did that in your Original Post.
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

Is your faith in the Bible or is it in God?

If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.

When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is a book. It's an inspired book. It's a holy book. But it's still a book.

The Bible is not God, obviously, but it does describe God. It describes his person. It describes his will for mankind. It describes his desired relationship with us and each other.

The Bible describes how we must reorient ourselves to conform to God's will. It also describes how we can connect to God via prayer to form an intimate relationship with our creator. It describes how prophets of the past communicated with God, their struggles, failures and triumphs; and it gives us instruction to achieve the same.

The Bible is a road-map, blueprint, and guide leading us to God.

Once we reach God we put the road-map down. That's the purpose of road-maps -- to get you to your destination. But God is not a physical place. He occupies a spiritual plane, an emotional realm. We may connect to him today then lose him tomorrow. Thus we need to constantly reconnect. We need to continuously pray. We need to return to God day after day as he strengthens our faith. For this we continue to need the Bible. We continuously return to scripture to replenish our strength, to resolve our will, so we may continue to seek and find God.

The Bible is a holy book. A tool given to us by God for our instruction. But it's still just a book. The Bible is not God.

So basically once we have found God, God will let us out of his grasp and we need the Bible to reconnect rather than to just have a conversating with God?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well you are a liar because the Bible is not eternal life at all.. unless you want to call Jesus himself a liar???

Yes, I understand. Everyone is a liar but you, the great master of truth.

So what else did that voice in your head tell you other than about the shortcomings of the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.