Israel in unbeleif UNTIL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
One of the common errors made by Christians is thinking they are the center of the universe and forget that Israel is the center of God's focus in the big picture

Without seeing Israel in its proper place is the cause of most of errors and arguments between Christians

Israel is in unbelief .... YES !!! ..... but only UNTIL a certain time in the future ....

Romans 11:25

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved.

In other words there is a certain time in the future when Israel again becomes the major player in God's plan

We would be wise to realize we are the Gentile Christian Church and one day ... "the times of the Gentiles" ... is over

Luke 21:24

Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fulness of the Gentiles IS the completion of Israel. There is only a small remnant of natural Israel that will be elected.

Reactions: dragonfly

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Episkopos said:
The fulness of the Gentiles IS the completion of Israel. There is only a small remnant of natural Israel that will be elected.
My opinion differs ..... the two are shown as separate and different in the same sentence (verse).

Unless you mean the salvation of the gentiles (as prophesied) is fulfilled (and completed) through Israel ... then I agree.

As far as only a small remnant of Israel being saved .... it often reads that way .... except for where it says ALL Israel will be saved.

If I was to pick out the one thing that stands out for me is the word .... "until" ...... the church has grown along merrily for 2000 years "until" one day it comes to an end (full number of gentiles are in) ..... and probably there is an abrupt change in the religious landscape.

this "abrupt change" is often overlooked when contemplating future events for the church.

thanks for your comments ... I have no rigid doctrine to promote in any of this

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
The proper and harmonious interpretation of Romans 11:25

Romans 11: 20 says "Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:" Who are they? Paul says in verse 14, "If by any means I may provoke to emulation them whih are my flesh, and might save some of them."

Most of the Jews of Paul's time rejected Christ and they were broken off. Now Paul says in Romans 11: 25-26 "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob."

Who is "Israel" in verse 26?

Dispensationalists say in the Bible Israel must always be physical Israel, not some spiritual construct. Therefore by dispensationalist definition, Israel in verse 26 must be physical Israel and therefore Paul is predicting that at some time all physical Israel will be saved.

This interpretation contradicts Paul's statement in verse 20 that the Jews were broken off because of unbelief.

If all Israel is to be saved, then Israel here refers to Israel as being all of God's people who are saved, no matter what their race, Jew or Gentile. This interpretation is consistent with what Paul says in
Romans 2: 28-29, "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

And this interpretation of Romans 11: 25-26 fits what Paul says in Galatians 3: 28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Paul is pointing out that after physical Israel was reborn, or the small remnant of physical Israel who were more faithful were translated into Christians as spiritual Israel race no longer matters in the eyes of God. And remember what Paul also says in Galatians 4: 22-26, "For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other
by a freewoman.

23. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all."

Not only was race as a measure of acceptance by God done away with at the Cross, but the Cross opened up Christians to receive the Holy Spirit and operate in the Spirit. Operating in the Spirit, Christians are not in bondage to the old law of Mount Sinai. Christians are in Jerusalem which is free, not literal physical Jerusalem

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Rex said:
Not only was race as a measure of acceptance by God done away with at the Cross, but the Cross opened up Christians to receive the Holy Spirit and operate in the Spirit. Operating in the Spirit, Christians are not in bondage to the old law of Mount Sinai. Christians are in Jerusalem which is free, not literal physical Jerusalem
Actually, it never has been about race. It's always been about GOD's selection and faith. According to the law of Moses, any outsider could have joined GOD's congregation if they left their country and emigrated to the land of Israel. Ruth is a prime example.

Nevertheless, the natural seed were certainly given great advantages over other peoples.