It is no longer I that sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say perspective is used by people who know they're limited, who know we're not omniscient but limited by our experiences.

I think perspective is important. If we were all looking at an elephant, how it looked to each of us would depend where we were. You might be in front and see the trunk. Someone might behind and see the tail. A third person could be under it and see the belly. We could all have part of the truth but not all.

By all means keep pursuing the truths of God in your inner man. Knowing that truth leaves no room for opinion.

Be blessed in your searching, Not me

Reactions: Helen and marks

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that we need to embrace truths of God so that we Can know them experientially. Although I believe sometimes God does work in us so that we can come to embrace those truths. That way always seems more difficult to me, but I am a hardcase sometimes. But better to just read it and believe it.

After all, the just shall live by faith.

Much love!

Your relationship is tasted in your responses.

Be blessed in your relationship, Not me

Reactions: Helen and marks
B

brakelite

But are you guilty?
So long as we are abiding in Christ, sin is not imputed, but persistent refusal to recognise that sin and repent, is tantamount to resisting the holy spirit which is an exercise fraught with danger... The holy Spirit does cease to strive with man... Although it would take conscious determined resistence on our part to do so.
This is a "gospel of works", hardly good news at all in my opinion.

In this gospel, you are saved if you do the works, and not if you don't. Is that correct?
Why do you equate obedience with works? Since when has God ever relinquished His authority over mankind that He ought not be obeyed in all things?
How do you reconcile these statements?
Romans 7, as I explained in a previous post, is not about a Paul who is unsaved and not born again. In Romans 7 Paul is still a slave to the flesh... Unable to walk in righteousness. That is not the testimony of of a saved person in Christ.

Reactions: Giuliano
B

brakelite

how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Is this the testimony of a saved person? The apostle Paul? Is it even your testimony?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you equate obedience with works? Since when has God ever relinquished His authority over mankind that He ought not be obeyed in all things?
Works are obedience.

Don't misunderstand. I don't say we are not to obey. The foundation of our salvation is the declaration of fealty. If we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus. Not an empty confess. Is Jesus your rightful master?

I say yes.

That's what I said in early September 1981. Jesus became my Master, and I joined Him in His death and resurrection.

Certainly we obey Jesus.

So long as we are abiding in Christ, sin is not imputed, but persistent refusal to recognise that sin and repent, is tantamount to resisting the holy spirit which is an exercise fraught with danger... The holy Spirit does cease to strive with man... Although it would take conscious determined resistence on our part to do so.

Your sins may take you away from your God. But my relationship with my God is not based on what I do or don't do. Jesus has already done it. By His righteous act.

Your continued relationship with your God is based on your behavior, but my continued relationship is based on a new life in Christ, and His righteousness, not mine, so called!

I obey because I am saved. You obey to be saved. Is that not the difference between us? And if that is so, then your salvation is based on what you do, not what He did. This is how the desire to obey can be turned against us, if we are counting on that obedience to make us right with God, or to keep us right with God.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7, as I explained in a previous post, is not about a Paul who is unsaved and not born again. In Romans 7 Paul is still a slave to the flesh... Unable to walk in righteousness. That is not the testimony of of a saved person in Christ.
Paul wrote in the present tense, so I'm not willing to ignore that. And besides, this harmonizes with the rest of what God teaches us. New man and old man, and I'm the new.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is no longer I that do it (do evil), but sin that lives in me.

We have to confront the reality of these words.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is no longer I that do it (do evil), but sin that lives in me.

We have to confront the reality of these words.

By that Apostle Paul meant his spirit has no intention to sin, because his flesh is the culprit. So who can loose us from this state of death? Only Jesus Christ.

And thus our Lord Jesus showed us in Luke 11 to ask forgiveness of future sin when He showed how to pray.

And Apostle John also showed us in 1 John 1 what we are to do in handling our future slip ups; repent to Jesus asking Him forgiveness and then get back to working for Him. Our Lord Jesus knows we can never be perfect while in these flesh bodies of death, but we are to strive to be perfect. He cleanses us and forgives us when we fall short and repent. We don't need a priest nor a pastor to do that for us. We need only take it to our Lord Jesus ourselves.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By that Apostle Paul meant his spirit has no intention to sin, because his flesh is the culprit. So who can loose us from this state of death? Only Jesus Christ.
Amen!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe the reason that this is so important to me is what James wrote, that a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

If we identify with the man of flesh, and think that's me, and at the same time thinking that the new man is me, then I'm conflicted. But when I realize that I'm not the old man, I'm only the new, though I am to control the old man, but when I realize, that's not me anymore, I can be single-minded to the Lord.

Much love!

AMEN...well, and clearly said!! :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
obey because I am saved. You obey to be saved. Is that not the difference between us? And if that is so, then your salvation is based on what you do, not what He did. This is how the desire to obey can be turned against us, if we are counting on that obedience to make us right with God, or to keep us right with God.

Yep another good clear word. Agree.

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's what's good, to see you back!

I hope this means it was a successful treatment?

Much love!!

No, still have the headache..and have to limit time on the screen.
I don't have an appointment with the clinic until Oct 5th....I just missed you all so much, and said to myself - " Headache or not, I'm going on the Site.." Haha!
I may pay for it in a hour...but I have no regrets LOL

Thanks for continued prayers... x

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, still have the headache..and have to limit time on the screen.
I don't have an appointment with the clinic until Oct 5th....I just missed you all so much, and said to myself - " Headache or not, I'm going on the Site.." Haha!
I may pay for it in a hour...but I have no regrets LOL

Thanks for continued prayers... x
Hugs and prayers!!!

Reactions: Giuliano