• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

Paul wrote that when he is weak, then he is strong.

You can think of this as :

1.) when im in submission to the Love of God, fully trusting in Christ to live His life through me, im walking in the power of God's Grace.

2.) when i am weak then Jesus becomes strong in me, because im not trying to live the life of a disciple in my own power.

Jesus said...."apart from me, you can do nothing".

So, that is interesting, because once we are born again, we are always "in Christ" and "One with God"......we are never apart from God, ever again.
So then...what does Jesus mean?

1.) If you are not born again, you are religious and have no power other then your own self effort and will.

2.) You are born again, but you are existing as striving to live the holy life by willpower, instead of by resting in God's Grace, which is were the power of Christ is found that empowers you to live it.

Finally.

Paul said...."its it not I who live, but Christ who lives in me"..

And, this meaning is 100 % related to Christ saying : "apart from me you can do nothing".

So, Paul is explaining WHY he was able to do more then all the other apostles combined, as he himself said and understood was true.

= Paul's Power was found = when i (SELF) am weak, then CHRIST is living His life, His Power, through me. = "I am strong".

Saint, our discipleship is originally created by God, and its empowered by God, or its going to be a fail.
Why? Because everything that IS OUR SALVATION is caused by God, kept by God and completed by God.
If you are feeling "burn out".... then its because you are worn out from trying to live the Holy Life by will and by effort and by SELF.

Listen....from the moment of our new birth, until we are "changed" and receive our new body.......all of our Spiritual Life is 'IN Christ", and not based on ourselves.

Sure, we are to present our bodies a living sacrifice, and we are to work out our faith walk.....but that is all done correctly only by leaning more and more on God to provide us with His Grace to do it. And in this revelation we find God's Grace which gives us God's rest from our self effort that actually separates us from Christ's power to produce through us, His holiness and will.

Last edited: