It's Getting Real Folks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pre-existence destroys the atonement principles.

Pre-existence destroys the image of Christ and His Bride

Pre-existence destroys the meaning of sacrifice, and His Father’s reward is in vain.
Subjective reality, in this case yours, doesn't allow it. Why? because misunderstanding the objective has cancelled it out.
You are so sure of how you see, you have placed yourself in a double blind.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Subjective reality, in this case yours, doesn't allow it. Why? because misunderstanding the objective has cancelled it out.
You are so sure of how you see, you have placed yourself in a double blind.
I see you still want to be in the conversation...interesting, I thought I had sent the back of you!

The nature of Christ is far from subjective! For the lost maybe but the work of reconciliation in the Son is as firm a truth as you will find in all the Word of God.

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:19

If that message is a mystery to you, or you lack clarity on the detail, I can only encourage you to find the true Christ, while he can still be found! Hope and pray He will reveal him to you.

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see you still want to be in the conversation...interesting, I thought I had sent the back of you!
thinking many things does not qualify them as accurate my dear.....it just means you're still alive. o_O

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Needed the creeds? What was wrong with scripture?
The sad result of having creeds was that people were persecuted for not accepting them. They became a test of faith, whereas scripture alone ought to be the sole test of faith. In other words, the declarations of church councils and the opinions of men became the justification for excommunicating, jailing, fining, whipping, and killing those who in many cases were more in touch with the holy Spirit than any who were part of the institutionalized orthodoxy demanding everyone's subservience.

As for the apostle's Creed, and being 'imprisoned' by its declarations of faith, it's not to say that those individual declarations are necessarily wrong, but that one must accept each one as the sum total of understanding on each topic, as of overnight the church understood all the truth there was to be known re the nature of God and man, and God's purposes through the gospel. Your church itself confesses that truth is progressive, and therefore traditions that transpire over time that contribute to the whole understanding of truth can became acceptable dogma.
As for the Creed itself, I have 2 issues. The first, did Jesus really descend into hell? One must first agree on the nature and meaning of hell before committing himself to that particular point. The second is the Catholic church's usurpation of the later declaration, "I believe in the holy catholic church". Rome would have everyone believe the word catholic must have a capital C and is a noun. I believe it ought to be a small c and is an adjective.
Later creeds such as that produced at Nicea are even worse, and the Athanasian Creed an abomination.
Lol....people were persecuted for not accepting creeds? Where is your historical evidence for that? ;)

Did you know that The Bible contains a number of creed-like passages?

The word creed comes from the Latin word credo, meaning, “I believe.” A creed is a brief statement of faith used to list important truths, to clarify doctrinal points and to distinguish truth from error. Creeds were written to be easily memorized because MOST people at the time could not read!

You asked: did Jesus really descend into hell? What is your opinion of 1 Peter 3:19?

You stated that "Rome would have everyone believe the word catholic must have a capital C and is a noun." Maybe that is what YOU believe but the Apostles Creed actually has a small "c" so what you believe is not true.

Those pesky little facts destroy your opinion. And I know that none of those facts matter to you because facts have never mattered to you.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation chapter 12:17. Satan as antichrist will declare war on saints near future. Those who don't have gospel armory on, biblically illiterate, will worship antichrist.
Matthew chapter 24, were at beginning of sorrows. The labor pains will intensify until antichrist arrives 6th trump. Then Jesus 7th trump. The spirtual war is coming. Its ideas, words and concepts.
Ephesians chapter 6 is the key to victory.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People need to start reading their Bibles and stop listening to the many false prophets that inundate our airwaves. Revelation 13 is not about an evil tyrant forcing the world to do evil. It is about an apostate Christian dictator forcing the world to become "Christian", after its own image. Remember that as todays American church hails Donald Trump as the savior of religious freedom and begins to receive the promised 'power' it perceives to have been lost over the last 8 years. And remember, it isn't spiritual power that Trump is promising, and what the church is in need of. Its political power. The church's spiritual power was lost decades ago, and it had nothing to do with politics, Islam, or the politically correct left wing liberal atheists or humanists that over-populate the university and high school lecterns and certainly not those in the Democrat party.
If your perception that the church no longer has power and you are seeking the aid of the government, this is an indication of your own personal apostasy from truth and an impending divorce from your only Saviour in favour of committing fornication with the kings of the earth.
Oh. And another thing. Trump and his family, along with leading politicians from his opposition, were Jesuit trained, and Trump constantly advocates that America would do well to heed the counsel and to agree with the current goals of the Pope.