It's Getting Real Folks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Explain what a temptation looks like to you. Explain the process.
'sigh'....just present the details of your understanding. It is not required that you lead me, manoeuvre a certain logic, second guess or go around the block to cross the street. I have the capability to think and decide.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Brakelite

Thats rude to call my comment a cop out.
Why are you judging me sharing information?

Are not all allowed liberty in Christ to freely think? There is a whole lot of evidence in my opinion that would lead me to believing Jesus and his promise of coming back in that age for the blameless group of people who did it all out of love for God and for others who were the firsts ones to go on to the kingdom.

Not believing in that “Jesus failed to get them”, and also “not Believing that the Apostlee who continued to warn them, to continue to be watchful and wait for his return were lying”, or to believe the other common thread of “double prophecy”.

I believe in my heart that Jesus came back, and those who were watching and waiting were taken and changed in a blink of an eye, however its all in faith.

There are different measures of faith.

Therefore, you can say and suggest what you want, you can believe Jesus has yet to still come. I believe everyone will end up meeting the maker after this life and will be judged and will be placed either outside the kingdom or inside due to faith, and judged based on the merit “did you love God, and did you love others” in the Agape sense of the word.

Not “did you believe brakelite, or “did you believe shawn”, “did you believe jay ross” “did you believe phoneman777”, it will be “did you believe Jesus and did you decide to walk in faith and trust in Him, and love God and love others…

Therefore freedom is a must, and my comment is geniuine cause people are allowed to decide what they will be believe because its subjective.

The last days started in Acts - prove me wrong and ill kiss your feet but you wont be able to, you also have a string of witness that the great and dreadful day was coming.

View attachment 35252

However if you dont wanna accept that as evidence what right do I have to judge you?
The ability though a simply study bible like "Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible", can pull up all the verses and just go from there, this book above is a bit easier. Especially for those who do not understand the position but they dont have to even accept that... just go and look for the evidences in the bible.

Amazing that almost all the books of teh bible that are written in there are debateable by "date" and alot of believes things are traditions.

Jesus taught against the traditions of man - and if that doesn't mean "Be free and think for yourself, putting God first", I dont know what is.

All the best, may God guide,
Matthew
Matthew, I have no issue with freedom of conscience/belief etc. Liberty is essential to true worship. It's also essential for false worship, and is an encouragement to false prophets.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, I have no issue with freedom of conscience/belief etc. Liberty is essential to true worship. It's also essential for false worship, and is an encouragement to false prophets.

@Brakelite,

Good.

John 4:24 Jesus said; God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

It would not be good for me to promise jesus is coming back, because he spoke what his Father told him, and he said he was coming back; and the apostles were the authority over the bride - which was spotless and blameless, first bride church of God; and he came and got them; they were first into the kingdom of God.

Ever since the end of that age people been coming into the kingdom by faith, being adopted by God through Christ.

If you wanna call all that false prophecy, you can: my trust is in Jesus and the apostles, not lying…

Therefore im glad you believe in freedom, and people are set free when they learn truth, and worship God in spirit and truth.

Now if people decide differently who am I? God to judge? God to condemn? Nope. Just a man who allows the ability of people to think and choose for themselves, cause many people believe in the death, burial and resurrection and have had a change of heart, and still could believe all kinds of other things that could be or not be true.

Thats why Subjective “Christ”ianity exist, and God is their judge. Christ is always first - death/ burial/ resurrection are esstiental parts of know Him.

While loving God and loving others.

Love you,
Matthew

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'sigh'....just present the details of your understanding. It is not required that you lead me, manoeuvre a certain logic, second guess or go around the block to cross the street. I have the capability to think and decide.
Do you believe your Jesus was tempted in all ways like you in precisely the same nature as yours?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You dont hold trinitarian beliefs then?
I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father because the Son has revealed him, the Son because the Spirit has revealed him and the Sprit because the Son has promised him.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father because the Son has revealed him, the Son because the Spirit has revealed him and the Sprit because the Son has promised him.
So you see the Holy Spirt as a seperate being / person?
Do you beleve Jesus pre-existed?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you see the Holy Spirt as a seperate being / person?
Do you beleve Jesus pre-existed?
What is this F2F, a continuing hoop jumping exercise?

You still haven't given any details re my request on your assertion that Jesus had an adversary inside of him. Perhaps you could address that?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You still haven't given any details re my request on your assertion that Jesus had an adversary inside of him. Perhaps you could address that?
@face2face ... but that aside, the Christadelphian views shine through your probing and I suspect it's for the purpose of pushing your particular barrow on these matters. Isn't this true?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought we were past this banter?
The reason for my question is if you believe Jesus pre-existed and is part of the Godhead before he was exalted you cannot have Christ in sin's flesh. I can, but you cannot.

If Christ wasn’t in our nature, then God's victory is flawed! If Christ pre-existed, then all this about being rewarded with eternal life and a heavenly throne etc is merely a puppet show.

Do you believe it’s a puppet show quiet?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@face2face ... but that aside, the Christadelphian views shine through your probing and I suspect it's for the purpose of pushing your particular barrow on these matters. Isn't this true?
No, I've studied the Word for over 30 years and proved them conclusively. The is no doubt in my mind the reformist church’s discovered truth. Take Charles Russell’s work on Natural Israel, which he got spot on! Since then, the JW’s have gone off on their own erroneous ways. Take John Thomas’s and his work on the name of God…its unmatched to this day! You could look at the Anabaptists and many other reforming groups who investigated the Word of God without the corrupted 3n1 teaching of the Church, which btw is 100% false. I’ve tried to find a single truth in her and nothing, not-a-thing in those Jesuit Wizards!

You can try and label me but that’s just a waste of your time! Use me to find truth otherwise move on.

F2F

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought we were past this banter?

The reason for my question is if you believe Jesus pre-existed and is part of the Godhead before he was exalted you cannot have Christ in sin's flesh. I can, but you cannot.

If Christ wasn’t in our nature, then God's victory is flawed! If Christ pre-existed, then all this about being rewarded with eternal life and a heavenly throne etc is merely a puppet show.

Do you believe it’s a puppet show quiet?

F2F
Does not scripture declare,
KJV John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

If the bolded section above is true, and I believe it is... That God sent His only Son... Then doesn't logic and all reason demand that He has a Son to send?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus died, the christ inside of him left.

Thats why he said my God my God why have you forsaken me.

Thet was the flesh of yeshua, that then took on sin. (Willingly)

The flesh doesnt desire to rely on God; it relys on self,

Did God forsake his son?

No, he raised him three dsys later after being in sheol.

Something to think about?

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does not scripture declare,
KJV John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

If the bolded section above is true, and I believe it is... That God sent His only Son... Then doesn't logic and all reason demand that He has a Son to send?
Thanks for your response.

It depends if you have an intimate knowledge of God and How He works.

as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. Romans 4:17

So, I'm confronted with your literal (forced) interpretation, or, an interpretation that demands a greater faith and understanding in His work.

Anyway, you know the Elect are spoken of in a similar manner and I'm doubtful you will try and force pre-existence on the saved.

This is one aspect of Christ I love...you can't separate the head from the body!!! The whole body is one in life, death, and resurrection.

F2F

p.s I'm away on work so replies will take longer than usual.,

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Brakelite It's not whether you believe what I am saying is true, or not, it's whether you believe it's possible. If God envisioned the Christ and the Elect before the foundation of the earth then you must believe God can speak of the Head and the body always existing even though they have not. The Lord Jesus Christ is either the first fruits of them that sleep, or he is not, he is either the first begotten from the dead, or he is not. He was either completely dead, or he was not. There is no room in the Word of God of a fabrication of natures...duality robs God of His offering, and Christ of his trails...I know the truth on these matters and am unperturbed if you believe me or not.

Pre-existence destroys the atonement principles.

Pre-existence destroys the image of Christ and His Bride

Pre-existence destroys the meaning of sacrifice, and His Father’s reward is in vain.

May God bless your reading.

F2F