I've learned that message boards that permit free expression are extraordinarily RARE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not aware of any method available to a poster to "try to limit the insights of other members". How does a poster go about doing such a thing?

By doing the things that I have observed you do when others post in "your" thread(s) and you do not like their comments.

Oh well, such is life.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had to take my elderly mother to her doctor. Upon arriving home I went to my thread about the Rosary and, to my disbelief, I was banned and the reason given was that I was a "troll".
This kind of censorship will be found on many Christian forums. I have had similar experiences, but I said to myself "Good Riddance!"

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By doing the things that I have observed you do when others post in "your" thread(s) and you do not like their comments.
You expressed your view and I expressed my disagreement with it. Can we express disagreement and be friends anyway?

Reactions: Mr E

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are bearing false witness against me. Not only have I never complained about rules or moderation, I have been extremely complimentary of this community's ownership and its moderators.

I feel you seething with hatred toward me. Why?
I think if you didn't want your thread to appear as a criticism of this site you would have prefaced your OP with that disclaimer.

I stopped reading part way through because there is another here who expressed similar observations to yours concerning restrictions to their postings.

There use to be a message board that allowed anything to be posted. Going Postal Forum.

I think if someone encounters a site where anything goes they'll appreciate a site that sets limits.

As to your feeling , that's all you.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stopped reading part way through because there is another here who expressed similar observations to yours concerning restrictions to their postings.
Again, I have NEVER "expressed similar observations to yours concerning restrictions to their postings".

Your hatred of me is because I asked (in another thread) why Jill Biden permitted Joe to take showers with their underaged daughter. I have earned your wrath for daring to ask that question and now you are hijacking this thread to attack me further with inaccurate claims.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I have NEVER "expressed similar observations to yours concerning restrictions to their postings".

Your hatred of me is because I asked (in another thread) why Jill Biden permitted Joe to take showers with their underaged daughter. I have earned your wrath for daring to ask that question and now you are hijacking this thread to attack me further with inaccurate claims.
You didn't read my post. Your reply is out of line. I'll set you to ignore so to avoid further exposure.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What an angry, bitter, soul.

Stop being antagonistic towards other members of this forum. This comment in your response to someone who quietly stated that they will now be putting you on ignore, is that which comes from an angry and bitter soul. Why do people put others on ignore? So that they do not have to interact with a prima donna on the forum.

Your style of posting does not create a peaceful tone whereby people can talk with each other. Maybe I should follow her lead too.

Goodbye

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear you got banned from a Christian forum. You should've been rightfully banned and it was probably in their opinion that you should've been banned even though from what you say, it sounds like you should have never been banned so sorry about that for you. Especially Christians should be more kind and lending but you can't trust any Christian either.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop being antagonistic towards other members of this forum. This comment in your response to someone who quietly stated that they will now be putting you on ignore, is that which comes from an angry and bitter soul. Why do people put others on ignore? So that they do not have to interact with a prima donna on the forum.

Your style of posting does not create a peaceful tone whereby people can talk with each other. Maybe I should follow her lead too.

Goodbye

And all of this vitriol toward me because I dared to ask why Jill Biden permitted Joe Biden to take showers with their underaged daughter. Amazing.

Sadly, there are many Christians that are of the world and who love evil, worldly, figures more than they love truth and righteousness.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I would not consider myself a learned Christian--if that is what you're looking for.

I came here to share and learn with others. We can help and support one another in our understanding of and our journey to Christ, at least that's how I feel.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I came here to share and learn with others. We can help and support one another in our understanding of and our journey to Christ, at least that's how I feel.
Problem is--are you going to react when corrected--or are you going to stand your ground.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem is--are you going to react when corrected--or are you going to stand your ground.
There's a saying that, one who wishes to persuade should also be willing to be persuaded themself. Since I arrived I've had my understanding changed based on others sharing the scriptures with me. I am grateful for their sharing the word. Of course, I don't agree with everyone's understanding of the word but I think it's ok if we disagree while still remaining friendly.