I've learned that message boards that permit free expression are extraordinarily RARE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find this to be true--can't trust anyone--especially Christians.
I kind of disagree. I think what I meant when I wrote that post you quoted was that you can't trust just any Christian, but you can trust certain Christians, genuine, faithful, truly "born again" Christians, not in dead-faith. Even moreso, you can't trust non-Christians, they're not stable, they can tell a secret, just for example, while a faithful born again Christian who is now a new creature on the mission and road of repentance as Jesus instructed and following Jesus with the help of the Holy Spirit in them will not tell any secret of yours but just to be safe, we can fail so it's best not to trust anyone with a secret, for example, if you really want it to be kept a secret.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann and Rita

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I find is that everyone struggles with the difference between an opinion and an appeal to the Law.

Frequently, someone will say "I don't trust homosexuals" or some such thing, which is just their opinion; whereas if they had said "they should pass a law that homosexuals be put to death" then that would be an appeal to the Law. People should be allowed to have their opinion; but those that appeal to the Law, should be vulnerable to prosecution (preferably for the sake of a penalty, but in extreme cases - that is, where threats are made - for the sake of compensation). I'm not saying someone should be prosecuted at the first insult, if someone wants to rephrase their appeal to the Law, they should in most cases be allowed to. I'm just mindful, that in most cases, what is offered is an opinion and nothing more. For example, I did not have to use homosexuality as a case where correct interpretation is needed, but I made it clear that that was just an example of the difference between an opinion and an appeal to the Law (which should be used to defend homosexuality). The reality is that the Devil has a field day, whenever we drop our shield (of faith) and start to ignore the difference between our opinion and an appeal to the Law.

It would be great if we could enforce this, rather than just canning people who don't capitulate to the accepted norm.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read this in my quiet time this morning and I was thinking about it’s application in my own life but also was considering some of the threads here that I have been reading and asked ‘ is the communication refreshing ‘ ‘ are the attitudes refreshing ‘ ………
‘ A generous man will prosper : and he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed ‘
Proverbs 11:25

Do we refresh others …….
I was thinking about the opposite to refresh, to drain maybe !
It’s quite interesting to meditate on ……

Reactions: Johann

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you - I like His songs x

• Love

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, I might have put my earlier post in the wrong thread , but I will leave it here !!!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank you - I like His songs x
I play all Matt' songs on my guitar and grew up listening to the Gaither Vocal band.
Love Jason Crabb and his family.
It is wonderful waking up and listen to praise and worship music-Matt have a special place in my heart.
At the moment teaching myself guitar scales as this Forum is not really "active"-that, or maybe I'm on "ignore" by most-Lol!
But hey, If we don't find encouragement here-we can always encourage ourselves IN our Lord Christ Jesus-since He will never disappoint us.
Stay strong sister.
J.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Sarge!
Hallelujah!
Johann.
Thats right my friend . We march onward in the LORD .
Looking forward to the promise of HIS Coming , new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness .
Where all lambs will one day be forever with the LORD . Now that sounds like paradise to me . OH WAIT IT IS .
LET the KING be praised , just a few more days in this life and this ol world and then ONE DAY WITH HIM FOREVER .
The LORD is with the lambs . What a wonderful home awaits the lambs .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just watch, wait and see how well your observations here are received. Keep checking your inbox for the inevitable pm.

View attachment 28876
That's odd. I don't think I've ever gotten a nasty PM about my views. Folks prefer to roast me out in the open. Actually, I've been treated pretty well here, even by dissenters. Must be my winning ways. :tiphat: