Jaded Christian- is there a place for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tallycello

May 14, 2012
What is it that makes Jesus Christ a figure that so many people feel they should try to emulate? This is a question that comes upon my mind now because recently I have found myself in a position where I went from going to church on a consistent basis to going every now and then. I also found myself going from being deeply rooted in Catholic teachings to questioning those teachings and pulling more and more away from the Church. I spent time re-examining my relationship with God – even to a point where I questioned His existence. What I found, under the layers of Christian history, theology and apologetics was a single and solitary belief that Christ was still someone I needed in my life. But, again, what is it about Christ that is so great that I needed to continue my study of his Life and works?

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
We need Jesus, because he will fufill our life, He loves all of us. To get more of an understanding of God's Love, Pray with Faith and believe. When we pray with doubt and disbelief, we are sinning. We have to trust Jesus Christ. Also, I am not judging you by any means, but I urge you to stay away from the catholic church, becuase It could be misleading. Praying to statues and praying to mary is a sin. Mary once told a sibling in Christ while they were up in Heaven not to pray to her, for Jesus Christ died for our sins, not her. No offense intended to catholics. Anyways, pray with faith and believe in Jesus, because He is coming for those who have seperated themselves from the world.

God bless you.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Questioning is good. I enjoyed reading your blog.

Christ teaches us to fight human justice (which is actually, injustice) with love. This is a radical way to live - it is not easy to be vulnerable enough to love others like Christ loves other, but it is the way out of this misery human's have created for themselves. The only way we can do it is to rest in Christ's love for us.

I follow Christ because He loved me first (justification) and He is teaching me to be vulnerable enough to return His love and to love my neighbor (sanctification)

tallycello

May 14, 2012
I appreciate both of your comments. I suppose the purpose of the blog was not to point out what Jesus actually does in our lives, although it is a lot, but it was to point out that emulating him is a preference for people because he lived such a good and unblemished life. The second point was to just show that how we come to know Jesus is never really by some kind of objective thing we can point to and prove to skeptics why he has such saving power. It is a subjective inward and personal experience we feel and know to be true through our experience. Lastly, just to show how Jesus, got buried under the deluge of Saints, dogma and theology I was inundated with in my experience with one particular Church. Anyhow, again, thank you for taking the time to read the blog and GB