JAH Rastafari!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Can anyone give me a description of the rastafari religion in a few paragraphs (on my phone and dont read the rediculously big posts.)
Or if you know anything about them or want to discuss the religion..
thanks,
devon

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I don't know a whole lot,,,,,, And I may be wrong.

From what I understand the Rastafarian religion seems to view one of the kings of Ethiopia as some sort of prophet or Savior of some kind.
It does involve smoking pot, I guess it's some way of "getting in touch with God" or "nature",, part of the healing of the soul.

They do believe in Jesus. You'd do better to look up a Wiki.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Thank you, yes they do beleive in Jesus and they beleive halislacieye (lol have no idea how to spell it) was Jesus reincarnated again in the flesh.
which is not true.
Thats as much as I know, wanted more info.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
My understanding of it is it has roots in Christianity but they believe Haile Selassie was the Lord returned as the lion of the tribe of Judah... my understanding is they were extremely oppressed people and they saw Haile as their savior... I personally reject that belief because I don't believe the Kingdom of God comes with observation like an army or some political power... I believe the Kingdom of God comes inside of us... but at the same time I wouldn't judge them or say they aren't saved or something... only God knows...

I think I also remember hearing that Haile Selassie himself rejected the idea that he was the Christ... and that he himself was of the christian faith...

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
I beleive its not all about the philosophy or theology, if a man calls upon the Lord he will be saved.. Jesus can make the changes in men and I beleive he does to people of every sort of religion, my brother talked to two Jahova witnesses the other day and turned em out! (God did.)