James and Paul differ in three areas, salvation, prayer, and healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Heretoeternity,

You imply that Moses was not carried along by the Spirit as he wrote but Scripture testifies he spoke the word of God.

I assure you that Jesus did not come to save the mortal lives of beasts.

`The command to be charitable to your neighbor is not in the Ten but it is in the Law.

Deuteronomy 15:11New King James Version (NKJV)

11 For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying, ‘You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.’

You are learned enough that you know that this command is not written in the ten and yet it came from God even though he used Moses as an intercessor. It is but one of many verses that contradict what you have been taught and hold to so tightly. Scripture is not broken.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Heretoeternity,

You imply that Moses was not carried along by the Spirit as he wrote but Scripture testifies he spoke the word of God.

You imply that i imply...lol...you are one confused person Kerwin.....
If God's writes something on tablets of stone ie the ten commandments it is permanent, which Jesus said in Matthew 5.
If God dictates to Moses to write 600 plus law in a book, and read it to the people it does not denote permanency as evidenced by Acts 15...
Two different things...you will learn someday, maybe!

I assure you that Jesus did not come to save the mortal lives of beasts.

`The command to be charitable to your neighbor is not in the Ten but it is in the Law.

Deuteronomy 15:11New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying, ‘You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.’
You are learned enough that you know that this command is not written in the ten and yet it came from God even though he used Moses as an intercessor. It is but one of many verses that contradict what you have been taught and hold to so tightly. Scripture is not broken.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
heretoeternity,

If God's writes something on tablets of stone ie the ten commandments it is permanent, which Jesus said in Matthew 5.

I am simply disagreeing with you are have evidence that supports the case of why I do. By the way. Moses revealed that things written on stone are not permanent by shattering them though the symbolism of permanency shown by stone still remains.

In Matthew 5 Jesus speaks of the Law and the Prophets, which is the whole of the OT. It is still around but there is a better to fulfill all the commands, and not just a cherry picked few, that are written therein. That way is to receive and walk according the the Spirit.

According to Exodus 34:28 it was Moses that wrote the ten commandments on stone and not God while in Deuteronomy 4:13 Moses Moses claimed God wrote; not that there is a difference.

The bottom line is that God is not like the shifting sands and therefore his word is more permanent than stone which weathers away if it is not shattered sooner. It is permanent whether it is written on stone, paper, or anything else for even if that source is destroyed his word remains.

Consider these words:

2 Corinthians 3:2-3New King James Version (NKJV)

2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.[/QUOTE]

can only be one true gospel and one true salvation

all thru Christ and His church and His sacraments administered by His priesthood

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

more than me salvation means more than one savior and more than one covenant

but there is only one savior and one covenant and one mediator

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who make Peter His personal representative and vicar!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Kingdom

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the holy Catholic Church

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.