Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False, In Genesis 1 Elohim is plural and refers to the Godhead... God, the Word, and the Spirit... And for the record, Isaiah 9:6 does not use Elohim but rather El, the singular, Mighty God. So your facts betray your own argument.

As told to you by those living in error. Every Hebrew scholar who knows the language much better will tell you different.
Did you mean--Let us make man in our image? that is-YHWH(Jehovah) and his master worker-the one whom YHWH created all other things through.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An image is never the real thing.

Colossians 2:9 with disagree with this
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

No Man has seen the Father except the Son, But Jesus was clear that if you have seen me you have seen the Father as they are One.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:7-9

Reactions: Nancy

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:9 with disagree with this
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

No Man has seen the Father except the Son, But Jesus was clear that if you have seen me you have seen the Father as they are One.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:7-9

Yes God did it all through Jesus-Acts 2:22--John 5:30--I can do nothing of my own initiative. And in many translations the last line of the Lords prayer--The kingdom, power and glory all belong to the Father.
They are one in purpose. It went on to say all real followers would become one with them-in purpose--That purpose is living to do the Fathers will-John 5:30--Matt 7:21
Of course they could see the Father in Jesus he was the Fathers image( Coll 1:15) an image is never the real thing.
Our Father who art in heaven--proves your thinking is error.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False, In Genesis 1 Elohim is plural and refers to the Godhead... God, the Word, and the Spirit... And for the record, Isaiah 9:6 does not use Elohim but rather El, the singular, Mighty God. So your facts betray your own argument.

You will find out the Facts are 100% against a trinity existing. If not, then Catholicism is the one religion, and their own translations expose them as false. 34,000 trinity based religions= A house divided will not stand-(1Cor 1:10--unity of thought( all of Gods truth) no division. What dont they seem to understand about applying that bible truth? Its simple milk.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As told to you by those living in error. Every Hebrew scholar who knows the language much better will tell you different.
Did you mean--Let us make man in our image? that is-YHWH(Jehovah) and his master worker-the one whom YHWH created all other things through.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Jesus was not merely a created being, But the Only Begotten Son of God. The angels were told to worship Him (Hebrews 1:6)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will find out the Facts are 100% against a trinity existing. If not, then Catholicism is the one religion, and their own translations expose them as false. 34,000 trinity based religions= A house divided will not stand-(1Cor 1:10--unity of thought( all of Gods truth) no division. What dont they seem to understand about applying that bible truth? Its simple milk.

stop trying to divert this as a catholic thing, it is not for me nor the millions of Christians out there who are not catholic. the truth of the deity of Christ
was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit, and in this revelation is the Power the blood of God being shed for us, the bllod of men and angels(If they have blood?) does not even come close. You're missing out on the power of the Blood.... Just sayin'

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Jesus was not merely a created being, But the Only Begotten Son of God. The angels were told to worship Him (Hebrews 1:6)

Your John 1:1 is error according to the LXX. That Greek word Proskenaue actually means bow to kiss the feet or hand, not worship.
More like obesiance to a king. The religion that came out of Rome translated many errors in to fit false council teachings. When they finally let others read the bible in the 1500,s-they ran because their own translating still exposed them as false. Any time others tried to translate to the language of the day prior to that, were burned alive at the stake along with their translating. What happened to forgiveness? They had something to hide that is why. So by the time others translated only the religion that came out of Romes translating remained. They had no clue as to the errors translated in to fit false council teachings.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stop trying to divert this as a catholic thing, it is not for me nor the millions of Christians out there who are not catholic. the truth of the deity of Christ
was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit, and in this revelation is the Power the blood of God being shed for us, the bllod of men and angels(If they have blood?) does not even come close. You're missing out on the power of the Blood.... Just sayin'

If those religions had holy spirit-They would apply this simple bible milk-1Cor 1:10--unity of thought, no division. Instead each one has dogma. Looks like a mass of confusion to all creation.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not come to earth. The bible is clear, God sent someone else. Its the speaker at Proverbs 8-Gods master worker. None other deserves that title but the one whom God created all other things through. And that speaker tells all he was created in Proverbs 8. As does Collosians 1:15--the FIRSTBORN of all creation. Ones twist this into oblivion, but the term All creation proves their error. All creation was the first one created. As he tells all in Proverbs 8.

Not what you said. You said Jesus is the Father, but not the Father. This says nothing about the statement you made.

How is Jesus the Father, but not the Father? Why does the verse say He was called the Everlasting Father?
John 1:1 tells me He was God. I know what your Bible says about John 1:1 . I have a Greek friend who says it doesn't say a god, but god.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God

It is not God but trinitarianism where there is enmity.

BTW, this is just another fallacy of argumentation trinitarians employ called Appeal to Ignorance. Your carnal mind cannot argue the facts, do you pretend your doctrine is right, by default.

Trinitarianism does not produce the Fruit of the Spirit. There is no humility, that perhaps with God writing 66 books and not once mentioning the trinity, it is your carnal mind that is an enmity against God.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not what you said. You said Jesus is the Father, but not the Father. This says nothing about the statement you made.

How is Jesus the Father, but not the Father? Why does the verse say He was called the Everlasting Father?
John 1:1 tells me He was God. I know what your Bible says about John 1:1 . I have a Greek friend who says it doesn't say a god, but god.

I didnt say Jesus was the Father--I said in a sense he can be called a Father because it was his sacrifice that opened the door for ones to enter Gods kingdom and get eternal life. Because one gets eternal life if they enter Gods kingdom. But he is not his Father. No son is his Father.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know this has been thoroughly answered already regarding agency. The prophets Isaiah and Jesus said these words before Revelation and God said it in Revelation. Prophets speak the words of God. It does not make them God.

If you read Rev 1:1, you will find the resurrected Jesus, having already been given all authority in heaven and Earth, is STILL not God bur rather was given a revelation by God - in his unitarian nature.

1 This is what God showed to Jesus Christ, so that he could tell his servants what must happen soon.
Revelation 1:1
Contemporary English Version

Yes given to him by the one he taught was greater than him his God and Father. If he were God it was already his and wouldnt need to be given it. Same with the kingship. God is king of eternity, Jesus was appointed as Gods king( Daniel 7:13-15) but then he has to hand the kingdom back to his God and Father and subject himself( 1Corinthians 15:24-28) Now does God have a God=No. Is God in subjection to any= No.
Jesus asked his apostles who others and them were saying he was--Some Elijah, John the baptizer, Jeremiah or a prophet. Peter answered him- You are the Christ, the son of the living God. Not one of them were saying he was the living God. Matthew 16:13-17

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not God but trinitarianism where there is enmity.

BTW, this is just another fallacy of argumentation trinitarians employ called Appeal to Ignorance. Your carnal mind cannot argue the facts, do you pretend your doctrine is right, by default.

Trinitarianism does not produce the Fruit of the Spirit. There is no humility, that perhaps with God writing 66 books and not once mentioning the trinity, it is your carnal mind that is an enmity against God.

I do not need to pretend my doctrine is right, I Know because the Holy Spirit showed me.

All you non trinitarians here are the ones who are lacking in humility. I am just trying to explain my beliefs and why I believe what I believe. Without the deity of Christ and the Blood of God and devoid of the Spirit, your religion is lacking in the Power of God....

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:5)

Another Appeal to Majority. Hebrews do not embrace trinitarianism. Isaiah is a book in the Hebrew Bible.

The Oldest existing text, the dead sea scrolls, agrees with the translation of Isaiah 9:6 a prophecy of the Son being called Almighty God. All you have is word games passed down to you by your false teachers to counter these scriptural proofs, Just like you and others have done here over and over again with all the scriptures given. You need to decide whether to listen to the teachings of men or to listen to the Holy Ghost... why don't you pray and let the Holy Ghost teach you, there is a wonderful prayer in Psalm 25:3-5.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know....the biggest proof that the holy spirit is directing a body of Christians is the fact that there is no disagreement among them. (1 Corinthians 1:10) That means a global brotherhood of believers who are at unity with God, his Christ and his word.....and with each other.

Christendom is nothing but a fractured, impotent mess....lost in error and good for nothing. "Friends with the world", (James 4:4) but not friends with God.
I grew up in that mess and I will never go back. The more I studied the Bible, the more I saw the lies handed down for centuries....Christendom is so much a part of the problem, rather that supporters of the solution. They have no idea what God's Kingdom is, and what it will do for mankind and this earth....yet Jesus told us to preach about it. How do you preach about something that is a mystery to you?

Then we have those individuals to whom the holy spirit speaks and reveals sacred things, but who don't necessarily agree with anyone but themselves....a brotherhood of one. Who is kidding who? Seriously.....:oops:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will find out the Facts are 100% against a trinity existing.

What facts are 100% against a TRI-UNITED = One ?

Regarding Either or Both?

Tri-United (body, soul, spirit) = One created man
Tri-United (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) = One eternal Lord God Almighty

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christendom is nothing but a fractured, impotent mess

Actually, one of the things all Christians share in common is the trinity. I call a Calvinist and and Arminian a Brother if they believe in the trinity and they will likely do the same for me. I Call a Methodist a Brother if they believe in the trinity, and I am a Baptist. I Call a charismatic and a fundamentalist a brother if they believe in the trinity. I call A coptic and a catholic a brother if they believe in the trinity. It is one of the things that unites all Christians around the world.

It is the teachings of men that cause division, and growing up into Christ the head is a big part of this. The "perfecting of the saints" into the church of the saints takes time, but the fruit will eventually ripen so long as it abides in the vine. (Read Ephesians 4:11-16)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?
OP ^

The answer seems to land on, what is an individuals preferred Language and what God means to the individual.

God to me means: Holy Powerful Eternal Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.