Jesus and His teachings after the resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
We know Jesus was resurrected and returned to His disciples. For this time period that He was back, the record states that He opened their understanding and expounded the scriptures to them. Things that they would not have been able to understand before His resurrection were taught them. He was there for forty more days, was He not? It seems to be a great period of learning for them, so I wonder why the writings that we have do not contain anything about what He taught when He came back. The scriptures seem oddly silent.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Maybe He just opened their eyes to what He taught before He was killed. How much of what He taught is actually followed by the people of today? The answer to that is - not much.
Read a verse and see if people today follow it.
Do people pray in private or do they wave and flail their arms around in public to be seen?
Do people allow a person to slap them on the other cheek or do they fight the other person?
Did the Apostles own a weapon after they received the Gift of Tongues? Did Jesus Christ own any weapons? - so why do we?

Do we follow the words of Jesus Christ or do we make up our own words and then claim that they are His words?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can also walk with Jesus post-resurrection. So why spoil all those private lessons with Him with more narrative? ;)

Reactions: faithfulness

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting point Robertson. I have no scripture to back this up, but just putting it forth as a maybe...

It could be that were were told what he taught during his 40 post resurrection, but we just don't realize it. I am referring to Acts and the epistles, and especially those of Peter and John. Paul to an extent, but he wasn't there to hear it. He did spend time with Peter and John for a while, and no doubt probably got some information from them.

Let me expound. Jesus could've been teaching them about what mindset the Apostles had to be in as they spread the gospel. So the teachings Jesus did aren't given, but reflected when we read Acts and the epistles. In other words, you don't read, "And Jesus said unto them...." But we read how the teachings were implimented when the Apostles taught.

Make sense???

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The disciples would carry the gospel into a world that knew nothing of it. Today we are still to carry the gospel but we have more support with other Christians as the disciples were used by God to grow the church.