Jesus Christ: The Way, the Truth and the Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8)

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

An important foundation in understanding the deeper implications of who Jesus is and what He came to accomplish.

Are we walking in the 4th dimension of a spiritual kingdom realm in eternal life? Or have we gone the other way and reduced our walk to a 2 dimensional dogmatic level where we see only in black and white?

The 4th dimension is love joy and peace in the Spirit. The 2 dimensional walk is one of religious certainty the way the Laodicean church considered that they were something that was an inversion of what they truly were.

Listen to the podcast to see what is the way forward.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen to what you're kindly expounding for us Episkopos. It seems that most of us Gentile believers have to pass through the childhood of trying to keep God's laws in our own flesh, just like the Jews (because it tutors us to Christ!) before really beginning to grow up into that fullness of the spirit you are speaking of. I find I learn from my mistakes in ways that truly profit in terms of building the truth so solidly in the inner man, as well helping to build in humility and break down our pride at the same time. One never forgets the lessons learned the hard way. Wish I could say it better but, it's as though the Lord has to "unearth" the wrong things in us first (by exposing, bringing into the light and our awareness) in order to dig down to the true foundation of Christ in us before building us back up. Until then we're really building on top of the carnal nature, not the foundation of Christ, and that's what makes us "religious" and unloving, judgmental, suspicious of others, etc.

Only up to the 14 minutes mark so far...and absorbing that wonderful passage in Eph 3:16-19....

Eph 3:16-19

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge
, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Deep and rich passage there for those that want to take the time to really meditate on it. It is beautifully bringing to mind and sparking and agreeing with other passages of scripture....one that speaks about "the manifold wisdom of God"....things of the spirit are manifold, His word (including prophecies) is often speaking on manifold levels at the same time......the plurality of dimensions you mentioned. And yes it's an upward call, so we are learning to comprehend the "height"!...heavenly/spiritual. And 1 Cor. 12/13....and now show I unto you a more excellent way....love! knowledge will pass away! the love of Christ passeth knowledge! and love never fails or passes away, ie, it is eternal. (And it is the love of God that draws a soul to Christ...no man can come to Christ except the Father draw him - by His love.)

1Co 13:8

Charity
(love) never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(this also is alluding to love because true love knows and sees the object of its love thoroughly without condemning - human love kind of only mimics this and has illusions about the object of its love, whereas God's love sees us without any illusions and still without despising or rejecting)

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (love)

So these scriptures are saying love is the highest virtue or gift, which we seek and want to walk in. Christ, his love, is that which is perfect...be ye perfect as God is perfect. Truly, love is what brings life of the spirit and healing, not knowledge per se. Walking in the spirit is walking in love, to the degree that we have apprehended it. (I think knowledge really is kind of a series of stepping stones to help guide us there, to the love of God.) Because in the end it's not about what we "know", it's about what we "are"....seeking to be conformed to the likeness of Christ, filled with His love (God IS love), praise to His name.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen to what you're kindly expounding for us Episkopos. It seems that most of us Gentile believers have to pass through the childhood of trying to keep God's laws in our own flesh, just like the Jews (because it tutors us to Christ!) before really beginning to grow up into that fullness of the spirit you are speaking of. I find I learn from my mistakes in ways that truly profit in terms of building the truth so solidly in the inner man, as well helping to build in humility and break down our pride at the same time. One never forgets the lessons learned the hard way. Wish I could say it better but, it's as though the Lord has to "unearth" the wrong things in us first (by exposing, bringing into the light and our awareness) in order to dig down to the true foundation of Christ in us before building us back up. Until then we're really building on top of the carnal nature, not the foundation of Christ, and that's what makes us "religious" and unloving, judgmental, suspicious of others, etc.

Only up to the 14 minutes mark so far...and absorbing that wonderful passage in Eph 3:16-19....

Eph 3:16-19

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge
, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Deep and rich passage there for those that want to take the time to really meditate on it. It is beautifully bringing to mind and sparking and agreeing with other passages of scripture....one that speaks about "the manifold wisdom of God"....things of the spirit are manifold, His word (including prophecies) is often speaking on manifold levels at the same time......the plurality of dimensions you mentioned. And yes it's an upward call, so we are learning to comprehend the "height"!...heavenly/spiritual. And 1 Cor. 12/13....and now show I unto you a more excellent way....love! knowledge will pass away! the love of Christ passeth knowledge! and love never fails or passes away, ie, it is eternal. (And it is the love of God that draws a soul to Christ...no man can come to Christ except the Father draw him - by His love.)

1Co 13:8

Charity
(love) never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(this also is alluding to love because true love knows and sees the object of its love thoroughly without condemning - human love kind of only mimics this and has illusions about the object of its love, whereas God's love sees us without any illusions and still without despising or rejecting)

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (love)

So these scriptures are saying love is the highest virtue or gift, which we seek and want to walk in. Christ, his love, is that which is perfect...be ye perfect as God is perfect. Truly, love is what brings life of the spirit and healing, not knowledge per se. Walking in the spirit is walking in love, to the degree that we have apprehended it. (I think knowledge really is kind of a series of stepping stones to help guide us there, to the love of God.) Because in the end it's not about what we "know", it's about what we "are"....seeking to be conformed to the likeness of Christ, filled with His love (God IS love), praise to His name.
Great comments Lizbeth...I was particularly struck by this you wrote...
"Until then we're really building on top of the carnal nature, not the foundation of Christ, and that's what makes us "religious" and unloving, judgmental, suspicious of others, etc."

We are to build on our childlike inner man...in the humility that this engenders...and go from there. :)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Great comments Lizbeth...I was particularly struck by this you wrote...
"Until then we're really building on top of the carnal nature, not the foundation of Christ, and that's what makes us "religious" and unloving, judgmental, suspicious of others, etc."

We are to build on our childlike inner man...in the humility that this engenders...and go from there. :)
Amen! "Except ye...become as little children ye shall in no wise enter the kingdom of heaven." "His strength is made perfect in weakness." (there goes that word again that we tend to balk at - it pops up everywhere - "perfect"!) :) "Suffer the little children to come unto me.....FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN." Amen, He is bringing us back to our state of innocence and vulnerability/weakness before we each took the serpent's bait and fell. Thank you Lord.

So this is a journey of the Lord inwardly stripping away all of our carnal nature (old man) that we had learned to rely on in this world.....until there is nothing left of our own (self reliance, fleshly strength). In order that we would begin to truly rely on Him, like a little child completely depending on his/her father. The pearl of great price that a man found and then hid in the field until he went away and sold ALL THAT HE HAD in order to purchase that field. Scripture is so full of this truth, once we have ears to hear it! "Except ye give up ALL THAT YOU HAVE, you cannot be my disciple." "If you would be PERFECT, go and sell ALL THAT YOU HAVE....". Was Jesus talking about material things? No not necessarily....no more than he was referring to bread when he spoke about leaven.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! "Except ye...become as little children ye shall in no wise enter the kingdom of heaven." "His strength is made perfect in weakness." (there goes that word again that we tend to balk at - it pops up everywhere - "perfect"!) :) "Suffer the little children to come unto me.....FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN." Amen, He is bringing us back to our state of innocence and vulnerability/weakness before we each took the serpent's bait and fell. Thank you Lord.

So this is a journey of the Lord inwardly stripping away all of our carnal nature (old man) that we had learned to rely on in this world.....until there is nothing left of our own (self reliance, fleshly strength). In order that we would begin to truly rely on Him, like a little child completely depending on his/her father. The pearl of great price that a man found and then hid in the field until he went away and sold ALL THAT HE HAD in order to purchase that field. Scripture is so full of this truth, once we have ears to hear it! "Except ye give up ALL THAT YOU HAVE, you cannot be my disciple." "If you would be PERFECT, go and sell ALL THAT YOU HAVE....". Was Jesus talking about material things? No not necessarily....no more than he was referring to bread when he spoke about leaven.
Amen! I hope you don't mind if I use your quoted sentence in an upcoming publication! :)

One small point. Our perfection is only found as we abide in Him...having been crucified in the outer man. (Not the Old Man as He is dead through the new birth in the Spirit)
The Old Man...I see as the unsaved entity that was enslaved in Egypt. That Man is gone forever when we are born from above. "Behold all things are made new." Having crossed over into the wilderness walk we still have the sin nature to deal with alongside the inner anointing of "Christ in you". Although we sample the New Man when we are baptized with the Spirit (putting ON the New Man for a time)

So in the wilderness is found the TRANSITION between the Old (Man) and the New (Man). We are no longer under the law at this stage ...but not yet under grace (individually)...being led by the Spirit to the end that God wants for us. But we will wander because of unbelief....that is...until we surrender fully to God's way in Christ and go to the cross to be rid of all that impedes our spiritual progress.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a common, subtle & most innocent misinterpretation that Jesus said Jesus is the way, the truth & the life.
Check the Bible of course. See first hand that isn’t what was said.
Beautiful message.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a common, subtle & most innocent misinterpretation that Jesus said Jesus is the way, the truth & the life.
Check the Bible of course. See first hand that isn’t what was said.
Beautiful message.

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -It says the same thing in the original Greek.

I'll wait for your spin.

Reactions: Nancy

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -It says the same thing in the original Greek.

I'll wait for your spin.
Indeed!

The ‘Spin’ is “Jesus Christ: the Way, the Truth, and the Life”.
The spin’s already been spun!
Much love!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! I hope you don't mind if I use your quoted sentence in an upcoming publication! :)

One small point. Our perfection is only found as we abide in Him...having been crucified in the outer man. (Not the Old Man as He is dead through the new birth in the Spirit)
The Old Man...I see as the unsaved entity that was enslaved in Egypt. That Man is gone forever when we are born from above. "Behold all things are made new." Having crossed over into the wilderness walk we still have the sin nature to deal with alongside the inner anointing of "Christ in you". Although we sample the New Man when we are baptized with the Spirit (putting ON the New Man for a time)

So in the wilderness is found the TRANSITION between the Old (Man) and the New (Man). We are no longer under the law at this stage ...but not yet under grace (individually)...being led by the Spirit to the end that God wants for us. But we will wander because of unbelief....that is...until we surrender fully to God's way in Christ and go to the cross to be rid of all that impedes our spiritual progress.
I don't mind at all, feel free to use what you find useful. :)

ok, brother, so you're seeing the old man as being distinct from the outer man....I'll have to chew on that for a while.

Amen, yes, transition phase....journeying from the initial salvation experience to one of crossing over another great divide into the land that has been promised to us. In the process of buying (paying a price for) that pearl of great price. And it's not easy, kind of living in a state of flux so to speak, and walking through the testings and trials, no wonder we are to "endure" to the end. Blessed is the man whose heart is set on pilgrimage. And this verse also comes to mind, where it says if we have begun in the spirit, we are not now going to be perfected by the flesh...but by faith and that not of our own.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't mind at all, feel free to use what you find useful. :)

ok, brother, so you're seeing the old man as being distinct from the outer man....I'll have to chew on that for a while.

Amen, yes, transition phase....journeying from the initial salvation experience to one of crossing over another great divide into the land that has been promised to us. In the process of buying (paying a price for) that pearl of great price. And it's not easy, kind of living in a state of flux so to speak, and walking through the testings and trials, no wonder we are to "endure" to the end. Blessed is the man whose heart is set on pilgrimage. And this verse also comes to mind, where it says if we have begun in the spirit, we are not now going to be perfected by the flesh...but by faith and that not of our own.
Amen once again and thank you for the quote. :) Yes, the cost of the pearl of great price. We only find (or are found of) the Lord when we seek with ALL our heart.

Peace and blessings

<><