Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Many here have said that- "we know because the bible 'says so."
Yet is that a true statement?? o_O

As far as I am concerned, any knowing I have, is only because the HOLY SPIRIT moved upon my heart to confirm in my soul, the things God has said in the bible.
If we just know .."because the bible says so"..then it seems that every Tom, Dick and Harry that picks up a bible to read ...would also just 'know,' yet they do not!!

In that other thread about 'Knowledge'....Knowledge without the Holy Spirit just makes a person wiser in this world, but does nothing for the next.
Those who read the bible, maybe 'know the bible'..but they know nothing of worth without The Spirit anointing their eyes.

Just my two cents.
BG

If the bible didn't tell you, HOW would you know?
HOW would you know about Jesus?
How would you know that He died for our sins?
How would you know that He was resurrected on the third day?
How would you know anything, exept, maybe, that God exists - just by looking around you.

Every Church is reading the same bible.
How come we have such different ideas?
It's bad enough now, what if we EACH started believing something different?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does God want from us?
The answer to that seems easy to me.
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God.
He wants us to act like we're MEMBERS of the Kingdom of God !

Do you think there's more??
In beginning "acting like" would certainly please God. This is walking by faith where we step out toward the Light even though we may not be able to see what we are getting into. Eventually, should we not move from "acting like" [taking the rights steps without understanding] to being exactly what He wants us to be. Is that not different?

Consider just a few verses:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:3

For now we may work to do what we believe someone who is poor in spirit would do. Eventually we must be "poor in spirit" without thinking about it or actively working to become it.

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." Matt 5:4

For now we may work to do what we believe someone who mourns would do. Eventually we must "mourn" without thinking about it or actively working to do it.

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Matt 5:5

For now we may work to do what we believe someone who is meek would do. Eventually we must be "meek" without thinking about it or actively working to become it.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

For now we may work to become hungry and thirsty for righteousness. Eventually we must be hungry and thirsty for righteousness with thinking about it or actively pursuing it.

We cannot get there in and through our own efforts in the examples or in the many other places similarly described in scripture. By surrendering ourselves and asking God to help us surrender ourselves, eventually He will get us there.

Are the the beatitudes describing what we are supposed to be or to become? Similarly we could say the same thing of the "charity" [Love] described in I Corinthians chapter 13.

Reactions: GodsGrace

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about Luke 24:27?

Without reading what is written in the Scriptures, in the Bible, you can't possibly know Jesus before the New Covenant because the Old Testament reveals Him. One example of many is Melchizedek, the King of Peace in Hebrews 7:2 and by reading this we know Melchizedek is Jesus, Jesus is the Prince of Peace you read about in Isaiah 9:6.
I didn't know Him from the old Testament nor the new...I didn't know but a couple of things I had heard in primary school and whatever I heard here and there. My entire family were atheists , nothing like that was ever discussed.
I was just so happy to have met Him and He said nothing about studying about Him...Wasn't till I went to my first fellowship meeting some 6 years later, when they told me I had to have a bible, that I even got one. Got to understand and became aware of the Holy Spirit as well then..

Reactions: Armadillo

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
In beginning "acting like" would certainly please God. This is walking by faith where we step out toward the Light even though we may not be able to see what we are getting into. Eventually, should we not move from "acting like" [taking the rights steps without understanding] to being exactly what He wants us to be. Is that not different?

Consider just a few verses:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:3

For now we may work to do what we believe someone who is poor in spirit would do. Eventually we must be "poor in spirit" without thinking about it or actively working to become it.

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." Matt 5:4

For now we may work to do what we believe someone who mourns would do. Eventually we must "mourn" without thinking about it or actively working to do it.

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Matt 5:5

For now we may work to do what we believe someone who is meek would do. Eventually we must be "meek" without thinking about it or actively working to become it.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

For now we may work to become hungry and thirsty for righteousness. Eventually we must be hungry and thirsty for righteousness with thinking about it or actively pursuing it.

We cannot get there in and through our own efforts in the examples or in the many other places similarly described in scripture. By surrendering ourselves and asking God to help us surrender ourselves, eventually He will get us there.

Are the the beatitudes describing what we are supposed to be or to become? Similarly we could say the same thing of the "charity" [Love] described in I Corinthians chapter 13.
Perfectly said !
The Beatitudes in Mathew chapters 5 to 7 explain exactly how we are to be.
They explain exactly how the members of the Kingdom ought to act.
I guess I don't mean act - sorry.

I think I mean behave. God does expect us to behave in a certain way - there is no doubt about this.

Christianity is a "becoming".

And yes, Love is the greatest gift.
All gifts will become useless once in heaven,
but Love will be eternal.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus knew the Scriptures and used the Scriptures and chastised those who did not know them. Studying and understanding the written Word does not take away from ones desire to know God. It enhances it. We can know God only to the degree in which He reveals Himself. If one wants to know God they should be drawn to the Bible like a moth to a flame.

It is easy for those who go to seminaries or Bible colleges to get caught up in the academics of it, where it is just other book learning. But, it doesn't have to be that way. If one takes a class on the book of Hebrews, then they should see it as an opportunity for God to reveal more of Himself to them as they learn more of Him. Not just a class for credit.

(John 4:23) "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."

Both spirit and truth are necessary. Neither can be neglected.

Stranger
But is He not THE spirit of Truth?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I click, clicked.

bb wrote in post 353...
This is what he wrote:

so, i was kind of rushed before, but just for instance:

• The sovereignty of God--satan is the ruler of the world
  • The omnipresence of God--God is in heaven, and Christians, most of whom believe Jesus is God, are presently waiting for Jesus to return to earth. Do you believe Trinity doctrine or not?
  • The omnipotence of God--God cannot do things in the earth without a human asking in prayer
  • The foreknowledge of God--God is said to be "sorry" that He did a thing
  • The salvation of God--God is the All Consuming Fire
  • The hypostatic union (i.e. Jesus was the God-man)--Jesus called Himself "Son of Man"
  • The Trinity--Oneness, Unity, Twoness
  • Jesus' atonement--No man may die for the sins of another
  • etc.--etc
Without going through each item separately, I DO agree that some of the above are not biblical.

BUT, I just recently realized the name of this forum:
UNORTHODOX DOCTRINE FORUM

Thanks,

The unorthodox forum exists so new Christians and non-Christians will not be unknowingly exposed to false doctrine and think it is typical beliefs for a Christian. I still expect people to be challenged here.

The above is a good example of things that should be challenged.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
surely, but the condition that displays similar symptoms, euphoric mania, often has a bad ending
Oh now I'm with you...You mean like those suffering from bi- polar disorder ? Now I sort of understand why that woman was sent there, but as I said, she was fine with it, she just kept on witnessing to the others at that institution. what a woman !

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
:D nice

something about when you find out what you can't make fun of, you have found a person's...i forget, like idol or something.

of course this is going to make you hated by a certain type of person, understand
Yeah and so many go on and on about 'We MUST follow Jesus' commandments" and then they go on a hate spree....It's too funny for words sometimes...Thanks 'bbyrd' :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Post #2.

see that conjunction "AND" there between Father, Lord, Saviour? it's the same person, who is God. let's prove it out. question How many saviours are there? answer ONE, let the record speak. Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". ok GodsGrace, now you have a problem. in your trinity it states that the Father is not the son and vice versa, right. ok, if the LORD, all caps, says he is the ONLY saviour, then this MUST be the Lord Jesus Speaking, because the Lord Jesus is the ONLY Saviour of men. and if this is the Lord Jesus speaking here, then it's the Lord Jesus speaking through out the OT as the Spirit, or the Holy ONE, or the LORD all caps. now to prove this, his, (the Lord Jesus title is the Father, OT as well as the son NT). listen to the record, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace". there he is, "the EVERLASTING who? FATHER. GodsGrace, now you have another problem, but much bigger. that Child that was born, that son that was given is the "EVERLASTING FATHER", and he's the MIGHTY GOD. and if separate as your doctrine states, then you have TWO GODS, as well as TWO FATHERS. and you know what that is?, answer, polytheism, and you do know what that means right, it's a heresy. now GodsGrace, how many Father is there? ONLY ONE. scripture, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?". scripture don't lie. now let's eliminate this notion of God as the Father misunderstanding in the New testament. listen to the scriptures, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world". did you see how the apostle James stated his wording. listen, "God and the Father". how come our brother Jame didn't say "God the Father?". no he said, "God AND the Father". now GodsGrace, is this one person or two. is this God one person, and Father another separate person as your trinity states?, of course not, it's the SAME ONE PERSON. just like this scripture that so many ignorantly miss, listen. John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent". so GodsGrace is this one or two person..... (smile). see your mistake. if you're going to used the conjunction "and" in one place then one will have to use it in every place when it come to identifying the PERSON in the Godhead. now with that information, this should take care of the rest of your church fathers statements.

now my conclusion. DIVERSITY was taught in the very beginning (Genesis 1:1), and it was taught by the Lord Jesus, (GOD), who created and made everything, (meaning him the ONLY Spirit). the whole bible is about God coming in his own image, "MAN" flesh and bone with blood and saving his creation. this was taught of God, in Spirit to the prophets. proof, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow". GG, I hope you don't mind me calling you that, short for GodGrace. that's where Christ was, he was IN, IN, IN, IN, the prophets of Old. that's where our Lord was at, Spirit, without flesh, without bone, and without blood. just read some of the OT prophets, many states something like this, 1 Samuel 15:10 "Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying", or 1 Kings 6:11 "And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying". or 1 Kings 16:1 "Then the word of the LORD came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying". or Isaiah 38:4 "Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying". or Jeremiah 1:11 "Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree". just one more, and there are many more prophets whom the "WORD" came to, Ezekiel 1:3 "The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him". now GG, who is the "WORD" of the LORD? answer GOD HIMSELF. understand the prepositions "OF". of translates the genitive case of nouns, of these the subjective and objective are mentioned. I know you understand the the subjective and objective right. as the subjective "of" is the Spirit, the Same one Person. then when he came, or shared himself in flesh, he is now the "objective" of himself here on earth. simply meaning he manifested himself in flesh. that's what the genitive case of nouns do. I suggest you study that. yes, (JESUS), GOD, he taught it to the REAL early church Fathers, who we have their letters, meaning the Genesis letters to the Revelation letters.

GG, I'm not about arguing or judging ok, but about TRUTH. now if you want to compare your doctrine against HIS which is now mine, for he gave it to me to teach. I'll be glad to discuss both our doctrine, and see if your or his line up with his word. understand, if you believe that your doctrine is true, then let's put it to the test. for the word of God is fire, and the fire will burn up false doctrine. I'll be looking to hear from you.

peace in Christ Jesus.
You posted also 571.

I'm not about judging either.
I firmly believe that God will understand you and forgive you.
He will have to forgive one of us because one of us is wrong.
You say HE GAVE IT TO ME TO TEACH.
I do find this to be a big problem in the Church today.
Seems like the Holy Spirit is giving everyone something to teach.

I'm sure you know that Others agree with you since you're very well-versed and you cannot tell me you didn't study this.

I'm willing to give it a go with you, but don't you think you put a TINY BIT TOO MUCH MEAT on my plate???!

I mean, it would take a small pamphlet to go through everything you posted.

Pick a scripture and we'll go through one at a time. Until one of us tires of it because neither one will convince the other.

I will say this --- I'm new here and did not even realize that I was in a forum for unorthodox beliefs. I'm rather surprised that this forum even exists, TTYTT.
But, in a way it's good. We get to Exchange ideas.

Maybe we could start at the beginning:
How are you NOT breakng the first commandment?
Apparently you do not worship Jesus, because you would be worshipping a man.
Please confirm.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BG

How would you know that He was resurrected on the third day?
How would you know anything, exept, maybe, that God exists - just by looking around you.

Every Church is reading the same bible.
How come we have such different ideas?
It's bad enough now, what if we EACH started believing something different?

Hello again. :)
Well you ask " How come we have such different ideas?"
The only answer I can give is ..you are a person of the book, I am a person of the spirit. Take that how you like, you true to form, will probably say.." Oh so you think that you are more spiritual than me."
I am just trying to answer your question as best I can. You lean heavily on what God said, I lean on the word of God that I learned from The Book..but I lean just as much, on what I HEAR from The Holy Spirit about The Book, and for my every day walk. I know we have all been at this for many years..so for me, after 53 years of walking as I do with the Lord, I am not likely to change anything now! :D

You say:-

I didn't first hear it from a bible...I heard it at Sunday School, and then I heard it from my father...he told me the good news of the gospel, then he ask me if he could send a Pastor that he respected, to talk to me. He did, I listened, and I believed him, because the Holy Spirit anointed his words to my heart.
If the Holy Spirit did not speak to me through him, then he may as well have been reciting Mary had a little lamb..or sing a song of sixpence..
It is The SPIRIT that does the work, not the bible.
But that is just my life and experience ( but it seems that with some, the word 'experience' is frowned upon and doubted!! )

We do all have the same bible, ( as long as it is the KJV :D) ..but none of us can tell someone else what, how, or why, they have to believe what the bible is saying
to them. Everyone believes with all their hearts that they have the understanding of it. Only when we are all face to face with Father will we each know who indeed had the truth of it. Until then, we all just continue on in faith...and Trust Father to get us to the end of the road safely.

Every blessing, Helen

Reactions: pia and amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Experientialism is the theory that experience is the source of knowledge. When you speak of your encounters with Jesus, by way of experience, I find that a cause for concern
So everything the disciples wrote we are to ignore because they experienced it, is that right? I have so far invited people on this forum to show me anywhere, where what I have reported Jesus as saying to me, is NOT in the Bible ( apart from not baptizing babies ). Mind you I didn't know it was in the Bible, until 6 years after my first encounter with Him, when I started out at a fellowship for the very first time. They showed me all the places which supported what He told me, so that was when I got a Bible.
I have also stated many times, that people who can't see me or who do not know me, can't possibly just take my word for it, but do search the scriptures and see for yourself.........Can you find anywhere where I have posted anything, you can't confirm through the Bible?....I just prefer doing it the other way around. To me HE is the final word on a matter, not the Bible....Just so we are clear....I love my Bible and it gives me great comfort at times, but again.......reading ABOUT Him pales in comparison to Him explaining something, as He has such a clear way of doing so, very easy to understand Him.
I have met people who have pretended to have had words from Jesus Himself, but it doesn't take long to separate those who are pretenders from those who have, as those who have, will have the SAME Word on a particular matter.
Paul writes about revelation from above, are you saying you don't believe in that?
weather here has been windy and wet for a couple of months now, but this morning as I watched the sun come up, it was clear it is going to be a stunning day with lovely blue skies.
How can experience NOT lead to KNOWING something ? Wonder how scientists ever came to any knowledge then?????
Believe me I also studied myself blue in the face when I first got a Bible, but I also noticed that it made me not seek Him so much, so I stopped doing it like that, but I still read it a lot.
I was atheist, who upon leaving my physical body ended up in a pitch black void, and He saved me from that, and then He turned up in my locked room and by this MADE me believe both in Him but I had to conceded that God was/is also real then..........who else but Jesus would do that? I don't doubt who He is, but many others do seem to.
Do you believe in being taught by the Holy Spirit?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No need to search.
Just read the above.
I'll send you my address.
How on earth do you turn what I said about 'knowing a FEW things for sure' into your assertion that I have said I know EVERYTHING about Him ???????
No $100 to you...go on, find it and I will send it to you ( it does not exist however, because I have NEVER said that )

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hello again. :)
Well you ask " How come we have such different ideas?"
The only answer I can give is ..you are a person of the book, I am a person of the spirit. Take that how you like, you true to form, will probably say.." Oh so you think that you are more spiritual than me."
I am just trying to answer your question as best I can. You lean heavily on what God said, I lean on the word of God that I learned from The Book..but I lean just as much, on what I HEAR from The Holy Spirit about The Book, and for my every day walk. I know we have all been at this for many years..so for me, after 53 years of walking as I do with the Lord, I am not likely to change anything now! :D

You say:-

I didn't first hear it from a bible...I heard it at Sunday School, and then I heard it from my father...he told me the good news of the gospel, then he ask me if he could send a Pastor that he respected, to talk to me. He did, I listened, and I believed him, because the Holy Spirit anointed his words to my heart.
If the Holy Spirit did not speak to me through him, then he may as well have been reciting Mary had a little lamb..or sing a song of sixpence..
It is The SPIRIT that does the work, not the bible.
But that is just my life and experience ( but it seems that with some, the word 'experience' is frowned upon and doubted!! )

We do all have the same bible, ( as long as it is the KJV :D) ..but none of us can tell someone else what, how, or why, they have to believe what the bible is saying
to them. Everyone believes with all their hearts that they have the understanding of it. Only when we are all face to face with Father will we each know who indeed had the truth of it. Until then, we all just continue on in faith...and Trust Father to get us to the end of the road safely.

Every blessing, Helen
Interesting post BG.

You say I'm a person of the book. I must be a muslim then. THEY are people of the book.

I read my bible and know that JESUS IS GOD.
You speak to the Holy Spirit (and I guess Others don't) and the Holy Spirit has told you that JESUS is NOT GOD.

Very interesting indeed.
Apparently, reading the book is preferable then?

Blessings

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Your discerner must be rusted or broken if you can translate a 'FEW' things into 'EVERYHING'
Sweet again.
Are you this sweet all the time?
Has the Holy Spirit shown you to be like this?

I wasn't going to answer you but you should stop here.
The point as not the FEW or the EVERYTHING.

The point is that you're on a high horse and I said you should get down and join the rest of us.

Seems like only you and some Others here know Jesus because you've had an experience with Him.

How do you know we ALL haven't had an experience with Him?
What do you think we're all doing here anyway?

Do I demean you because you listen to the Holy Spirit?
Why do YOU demean those who read THE BOOK? As if it wan't important enough for you. AND, that does NOT exclude the Holy Spirit. Read 1 Corinthians 2.

Arguing in an open thread is terrible.
Please stop.