Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I wonder is why you think the law, which required perfection hence as paul said no one can be justified by law. Could not save us

yet you think us buying commands that fall far short of obedience to the law can save us.

can you explain why you think you are more worthy as a sinner than any other sinner?
I will give you $10,000 if you can find in any of my posts any suggestion that we are justified by our obedience to the law. Your post is but another avoidance of the issue. If I said I don't murder anyone or dishonor my parents, would you then accuse me of attempting to be justified by the law?

Reactions: teamventure

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is still a weak and childish response starkly illustrating you're inability to actually address the real issue. And now you're doubling down on your avoidance.
Then why didn't you answer? I'm guessing Michael is your savior. I'm not ashamed to say that Jesus is my Savior!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will give you $10,000 if you can find in any of my posts any suggestion that we are justified by our obedience to the law. Your post is but another avoidance of the issue. If I said I don't murder anyone or dishonor my parents, would you then accuse me of attempting to be justified by the law?
Before you give away money maybe teach yourself some reading comprehension skills,

I never said anything near what you accused me of saying

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I wonder is why you think the law, which required perfection hence as paul said no one can be justified by law. Could not save us

yet you think us buying (obeying sic?) commands that fall far short of obedience to the law can save us.

can you explain why you think you are more worthy as a sinner than any other sinner?

I will give you $10,000 if you can find in any of my posts any suggestion that we are justified by our obedience to the law.
My reading comprehension skills are excellent.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My reading comprehension skills are excellent.

your reading comprehension skills are lacking, please tell me how the words “NOT” save us means as you accused me of saying save us,

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

your reading comprehension skills are lacking, please tell me how the words “NOT” save us means as you accused me of saying save us,
So what do you mean by the part underlined?
yet you think us buying (obeying sic?) commands that fall far short of obedience to the law can save us.
But above you are saying, I think that obedience to the law saves us. What gives you the impression that I have said my obedience, even if short of ideal, saved me, or anyone else?
I think obedience is necessary for the Christian. I think it even obligatory. I think that a person who does obey God's Commandments has been made so by the Spirit of God. Certainly not by his own power. But we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Any obedience demonstrated at all by myself or others, is a result of faith. Faith in God's promises. "They that hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled".
KJV Romans 13:8, 10
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
KJV Romans 8:4
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
KJV Galatians 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

With God, the Creator of the universe, the very one recreating each and every one of us into the image of His Son

KJV Romans 8:29, 32, 37
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

How can we not obey when the one recreating us is accommodating such being His very purpose? Shall He fail in His work?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you mean by the part underlined?
But above you are saying, I think that obedience to the law saves us. What gives you the impression that I have said my obedience, even if short of ideal, saved me, or anyone else?
I think obedience is necessary for the Christian. I think it even obligatory. I think that a person who does obey God's Commandments has been made so by the Spirit of God. Certainly not by his own power. But we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Any obedience demonstrated at all by myself or others, is a result of faith. Faith in God's promises. "They that hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled".
KJV Romans 13:8, 10
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
KJV Romans 8:4
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
KJV Galatians 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

With God, the Creator of the universe, the very one recreating each and every one of us into the image of His Son

KJV Romans 8:29, 32, 37
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

How can we not obey when the one recreating us is accommodating such being His very purpose? Shall He fail in His work?

its actually quite simple. The bar is set.. That bar is the law

If Obedience is required to be saved. the law is the standard. It required perfection. No one except Jesus fulfilled that requirement, hence all have sinned and FALL SHORT (the standard is the law)

The law requires perfection. Yet it could not save us. James even said if I only stumble in one area of the law, I am guilty (I live my life free from sin and stumble breaking one command)

So how can a person not fulfill the requirement of the law. And still be saved IF obedience is REQUIRED.

If you can not obey enough to fulfill the law. How can you obey enough to be save?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
its actually quite simple. The bar is set.. That bar is the law

If Obedience is required to be saved. the law is the standard. It required perfection. No one except Jesus fulfilled that requirement, hence all have sinned and FALL SHORT (the standard is the law)

The law requires perfection. Yet it could not save us. James even said if I only stumble in one area of the law, I am guilty (I live my life free from sin and stumble breaking one command)

So how can a person not fulfill the requirement of the law. And still be saved IF obedience is REQUIRED.

If you can not obey enough to fulfill the law. How can you obey enough to be save?
Our full perfect obedience is found in Christ. And only in Him. That is how the law is fulfilled. It is Christ's righteousness. Imputed to us by grace through faith.
Even at our very best, even from here on to the end, our character can never match the holiness and righteousness of Christ.
Whatever righteousness we display in our lives, is from outside of us. From above.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our full perfect obedience is found in Christ. And only in Him. That is how the law is fulfilled. It is Christ's righteousness. Imputed to us by grace through faith.
Even at our very best, even from here on to the end, our character can never match the holiness and righteousness of Christ.
Whatever righteousness we display in our lives, is from outside of us. From above.
Good

so tell me, why then do you say obedience is required. IF we can never be obedient enough then by defenition obedience can not be required, because no one would make it,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience is required because sin is an offense to God. Obedience is required because God is God.
Yes sin is an offense the God,

If we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves (1 John 1: 8)

the requirement is perfection = no sin

so how can you possibly be good enough to save yourself?