Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah that's funny.

You know what's REALLY funny though?

Nobody had posted in this thread since 8:22 this morning and almost IMMEDIATELY after I posted that LONGGG post, YOU posted.

ISN'T THAT FUNNY THOUGH??? That's so funny.

It's like you were just sitting there ... CHOMPING AT THE BIT for me to hurry up and post my post so YOU could HURRY, HURRY, HURRY and post some nonsense to try and bury MY post.

Now THAT is some CRAZY stuff there, Planck!!

And you know what's EVEN CRAZIER??? The time stamp says you waited TEN MINUTES!! But YOU DIDN'T!

You posted within 60 SECONDS TOPS of my post getting posted. NUTTY, nutty, nutty.

Some FUNNY stuff going on here, Amadeus. o_O

God bless you and all your split personalities.

I know something even funnier, besides the fact that I was the one who made the last post this morning. So it is reasonable that I would respond to the next one who posted.

anyway I digress

1. This is a discussion forum
2. You made a post.
3. I saw it and asked you a question about your post
4. You did not answer my question, and then tried to put it back on me

If you cant answer the question. Or do not want to because you know where I was going with it., Let me know.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know something even funnier, besides the fact that I was the one who made the last post this morning. So it is reasonable that I would respond to the next one who posted.

anyway I digress

1. This is a discussion forum
2. You made a post.
3. I saw it and asked you a question about your post
4. You did not answer my question, and then tried to put it back on me

If you cant answer the question. Or do not want to because you know where I was going with it., Let me know.
I know, I know. It's ok.

WACKY, wacky Wednesday!!

Carry on.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh..no.

Not within 60 seconds.

Nice try though.

Go ahead. You were saying...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh..no.

Not within 60 seconds.

Nice try though.

Go ahead. You were saying...
So I ask again

you want to talk about sanctification that is great

where do we find obedience, by the law of Moses

or the law of love?

can you please answer the question.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I ask again

you want to talk about sanctification that is great

where do we find obedience, by the law of Moses

or the law of love?

can you please answer the question.
Sure, my bad.

Which part now?

Which part of this?

In reference to the 10 Commandments (which include the Sabbath):
They were created to act as a guide until faith comes by grace from God, then it is time to be baptized and then we obey them out of faith and love for God. (Galatians 3:23-26)

We obey the 10 Commandments to show God that our faith is real.

Nobody would argue that we will not be judged (well, most won't). So if we are all going to be judged without a doubt, what will we be judged for, or by, if not the 10 Commandments?

(Matthew 12:36-37) We will be judged by, and give account for, every idle word and by our words we will be justified or condemned.
If that's the case, how can anybody believe it's ok to break any of the commandments with our deeds?
Lying, stealing, fornicating, dishonoring God, or our parents, regularly because Jesus saved us and made all sin OK?

Jesus, Himself, says not that it is a command, or that we MUST, but that we "WILL" obey IF we love Him. He says it is a certainty.
(1 John 5:3) IF you TRULY love God, you DO keep His commandments; and they are NOT an issue for you.
(John 14:15) IF you TRULY love Jesus, you DO keep the commandments. It is an observation that those who DO love Jesus, keep His commandments. It's not a requirement ... it is a FACT. If you TRULY have the Holy Spirit (who IS God/Jesus), the Spirit won't have it any other way. Why would He live contrary to His own commands?
(John 15:14) IF you are TRULY a friend of God/Jesus, you DO what He has commanded. God's commandments are Jesus' commandments; Jesus even says that He only says and does what the Father does. (John 5:19)

For those who love to declare,"Love the sinner, hate the sin!" Well, God sends the sinner to hell, not the sin. So you'd do well to figure out exactly what He considers sin.
(Romans 3:20) It is by the Law that we learn what Sin actually is.
(1 John 3:4) Sin = Lawlessness (Living without, or outside, the Law of God; the 10 Commandments)
(Romans 7:7) Is the Law sin? CERTAINLY NOT!
(Romans 3:31) Do we make void the Law? CERTAINLY NOT! We establish (obey, live by; present ourselves as keepers of) the Law.
(Romans 2:13) Not the hearers, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
(Romans 7:12) The Law is holy, the commandment holy, just and good.
(Romans 7:22) Paul states he DELIGHTS in The Law.

Many claim that Acts 15 negates the Law, but (Acts 21:24) proves that it absolutely does NOT when it states clearly that Paul is, and always has been, a keeper of the Law.

Contrary to all the naysayers, obeying the 10 Commandments actually affords you freedom; it does not restrain you - just the opposite. James tells us we are blessed when we obey the Law of God. (James 1:25) The Perfect Law of Liberty.

The 10 Commandments are not, and never will be, done away with. Jesus' entire life was a testament to that.

No, you do not have to be 100% PERFECT, like Jesus was, to LIVE by the Commandments. You certainly STRIVE for it, but you are not condemned by God when you stumble, just as James has made very clear. (James 3:2) BUT it is not a stumble unless you are choosing and intending to walk upright. If, like so many, you are on your bum in the mire of sin daily, it cannot be deemed a stumble. It is then habitual and a disgrace to God Almighty to even call yourself a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Christ. We are to live as He lived, struggle as He struggled, suffer as He suffered. (1 John 2:6)

What suffering, or struggle, is there in forsaking the 10 Commandments?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you asking about this part?

This part just proves the 10 commandments are still, and always will be, valid.

And that Paul was always a keeper of the Law.

For those who love to declare,"Love the sinner, hate the sin!" Well, God sends the sinner to hell, not the sin. So you'd do well to figure out exactly what He considers sin.
(1 John 3:4) Sin = Lawlessness (Living without, or outside, the Law of God; the 10 Commandments)
(Romans 3:31) Do we make void the Law? CERTAINLY NOT! We establish (obey, live by; present ourselves as keepers of) the Law.

Many claim that Acts 15 negates the Law, but (Acts 21:24) proves that it absolutely does NOT when it states clearly that Paul is, and always has been, a keeper of the Law.

Was it this part?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't have Christian works you're not a Christian!
That is the proof of who we truly belong too . Ye shall know the tree by its fruits .
JESUS said it . Those who love ME , keep my sayings .
For our weapons are mighty , strong , to the pulling down of eveything which exalts itself against God .
Who we obey is whose we are . That is very plain and simple . And lambs love what JESUS said .
They love His pattern for all things . Including correction and so forth .

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this the part you were asking about?

This part was just Jesus stating how and why all True Believers WILL obey the 10 Commandments.

Jesus, Himself, says not that it is a command, or that we MUST, but that we "WILL" obey IF we love Him. He says it is a certainty.
(1 John 5:3) IF you TRULY love God, you DO keep His commandments; and they are NOT an issue for you.
(John 14:15) IF you TRULY love Jesus, you DO keep the commandments. It is an observation that those who DO love Jesus, keep His commandments. It's not a requirement ... it is a FACT. If you TRULY have the Holy Spirit (who IS God/Jesus), the Spirit won't have it any other way. Why would He live contrary to His own commands?
(John 15:14) IF you are TRULY a friend of God/Jesus, you DO what He has commanded. God's commandments are Jesus' commandments; Jesus even says that He only says and does what the Father does. (John 5:19)

Maybe that's what you were talking about.

Yes? .....

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James says obeying the 10 Commandments liberates you. LIBERATES you!

Wow.

Contrary to all the naysayers, obeying the 10 Commandments actually affords you freedom; it does not restrain you - just the opposite. James tells us we are blessed when we obey the Law of God. (James 1:25) The Perfect Law of Liberty.

I think this is what you were asking about. Something about ....... sumthin .......?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, my bad.

Which part now?

Which part of this?

In reference to the 10 Commandments (which include the Sabbath):
They were created to act as a guide until faith comes by grace from God, then it is time to be baptized and then we obey them out of faith and love for God. (Galatians 3:23-26)

We obey the 10 Commandments to show God that our faith is real.

Nobody would argue that we will not be judged (well, most won't). So if we are all going to be judged without a doubt, what will we be judged for, or by, if not the 10 Commandments?

(Matthew 12:36-37) We will be judged by, and give account for, every idle word and by our words we will be justified or condemned.
If that's the case, how can anybody believe it's ok to break any of the commandments with our deeds?
Lying, stealing, fornicating, dishonoring God, or our parents, regularly because Jesus saved us and made all sin OK?

The 10 Commandments are not, and never will be, done away with. Jesus' entire life was a testament to that.

No, you do not have to be 100% PERFECT, like Jesus was, to LIVE by the Commandments. You certainly STRIVE for it, but you are not condemned by God when you stumble, just as James has made very clear. (James 3:2) BUT it is not a stumble unless you are choosing and intending to walk upright. If, like so many, you are on your bum in the mire of sin daily, it cannot be deemed a stumble. It is then habitual and a disgrace to God Almighty to even call yourself a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Christ. We are to live as He lived, struggle as He struggled, suffer as He suffered. (1 John 2:6)

What suffering, or struggle, is there in forsaking the 10 Commandments?
You did not answer my question all you did was beat around the bush

how do we obey God, where is our strength and our guide?

the law of Moses or the law of Christ.

it’s a simple question

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James says obeying the 10 Commandments liberates you. LIBERATES you!

Wow.

I think this is what you were asking about. Something about ....... sumthin .......?
Moses said that cursed is the one who does not confirm and obey every word of this law. Paul said in Galations that by the law no one will be made righteous, because as he quoted Moses, cursed is the one who does not obey every word

he also said the law was a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ, but after we no longer have need of a schoolmaster,

of course paul spoke of the ten commands, he also called them the ministers of death written in stone.also the ministers of condemnation. This schoolmaster, that was used to expose our sin, how can these things cause us to do anything but fall on our knees and cry out to God because we see how sinful we are

so how can we claim we find obedience through these things? Are we not to find obedience the way Jesus said, through this law of love, as paul said also, in seeking after the things of the spirit

once again, I can obey all ten commands by the letter and still be in sin, as Jesus said, if I look at a woman in lust I have broken the commands, so just trying to find obedience by the law?

yeah good luck with that.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the proof of who we truly belong too . Ye shall know the tree by its fruits .
JESUS said it . Those who love ME , keep my sayings .
For our weapons are mighty , strong , to the pulling down of eveything which exalts itself against God .
Who we obey is whose we are . That is very plain and simple . And lambs love what JESUS said .
They love His pattern for all things . Including correction and so forth .
He who sins has never seen or known God

he who is born of God can not sin

these people who think a child of God can live in sin and never do works, they do not understand the power of God

Reactions: amigo de christo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how do we obey God, where is our strength and our guide?
Now you are at last asking the right question. Not whether we ought to be obeying God's commandments, but how we are to obey them. We all know that without Christ we can do nothing.
KJV John 15:5
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

And in the context of that verse, is the answer to your question, how.

KJV John 15:1-17
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

KJV John 14:15
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

How do we keep God's Commandments? By abiding in Him. If we fall, we get up again. He promises to give us whatsoever we ask. He said in the sermon in the mount...
KJV Matthew 5:6
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.,
What is righteousness if not obedience? Will He not grant us the power to obey if that is what we sincerely seek to do? Is that not righteousness by faith? Not just imputed as at Calvary, but imparted through sanctification by the Spirit and the word? Is not righteousness the opposite to sin? Is not sin the transgression of the law? And that law that sin is the transgression of, can only be the ten commandments. There was no curse placed on those who neglected or disobeyed the laws that were given as a remedy for sin... Jesus was made a curse for us to remedy the sin problem. The sacrifices etc were the type, Christ the antitype. The sanctuary services and those instructions and statutes given through Moses regarding the priesthood and the sacrifices and the yearly sabbaths etc. were the remedy. There was no sin in rejecting the remedy... Only a curse for sin. So the rejection of the weekly Sabbath was sin for which Christ died. The weekly 7th day Sabbath was not a part of the remedy...a part of the ceremonial sacrificial system. It was not a type met by antitype. The Passover Sabbath was a type, met by Calvary. The other feasts had their fulfillment in Christ with but one remaining yet future... The feast of Tabernacles.

Obeying God's commandments is not legalism unless Jesus was a legalist. It isn't something we attempt to accomplish in our own strength claiming a reward of eternal life. Only in Christ can we obey. Only in Christ can we do anything. But in Christ we can do all things. So obedience is by faith through grace. An act accomplished by Christ in us, the hope of glory.
Now you suggested earlier that sanctification isn't necessary. That it's but an optional extra so to speak. Let me ask you a question.
If the altar and sacrifice outside the sanctuary was a type of Calvary and represented justification, for what purpose did the priest take the blood into the sanctuary? Are we not taught by some that Christ finished His work on Calvary? Why then was it necessary for Christ to become our high priest in the heavenly sanctuary to fulfill the OT type, to minister His blood there as the priest did in the sanctuary on earth?

Reactions: GEN2REV

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are at last asking the right question. Not whether we ought to be obeying God's commandments, but how we are to obey them.
Yes, But this is not how we are saved, It is what we do AFTER we are saved.

so concerning our discussion for the past few days, It is not the right question
We all know that without Christ we can do nothing.
KJV John 15:5

And in the context of that verse, is the answer to your question, how.

KJV John 15:1-17
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

KJV John 14:15
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

How do we keep God's Commandments? By abiding in Him. If we fall, we get up again. He promises to give us whatsoever we ask. He said in the sermon in the mount...
KJV Matthew 5:6
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.,
What is righteousness if not obedience? Will He not grant us the power to obey if that is what we sincerely seek to do? Is that not righteousness by faith? Not just imputed as at Calvary, but imparted through sanctification by the Spirit and the word? Is not righteousness the opposite to sin? Is not sin the transgression of the law? And that law that sin is the transgression of, can only be the ten commandments. There was no curse placed on those who neglected or disobeyed the laws that were given as a remedy for sin... Jesus was made a curse for us to remedy the sin problem. The sacrifices etc were the type, Christ the antitype. The sanctuary services and those instructions and statutes given through Moses regarding the priesthood and the sacrifices and the yearly sabbaths etc. were the remedy. There was no sin in rejecting the remedy... Only a curse for sin. So the rejection of the weekly Sabbath was sin for which Christ died. The weekly 7th day Sabbath was not a part of the remedy...a part of the ceremonial sacrificial system. It was not a type met by antitype. The Passover Sabbath was a type, met by Calvary. The other feasts had their fulfillment in Christ with but one remaining yet future... The feast of Tabernacles.

Obeying God's commandments is not legalism unless Jesus was a legalist. It isn't something we attempt to accomplish in our own strength claiming a reward of eternal life. Only in Christ can we obey. Only in Christ can we do anything. But in Christ we can do all things. So obedience is by faith through grace. An act accomplished by Christ in us, the hope of glory.
Now you suggested earlier that sanctification isn't necessary. That it's but an optional extra so to speak. Let me ask you a question.
If the altar and sacrifice outside the sanctuary was a type of Calvary and represented justification, for what purpose did the priest take the blood into the sanctuary? Are we not taught by some that Christ finished His work on Calvary? Why then was it necessary for Christ to become our high priest in the heavenly sanctuary to fulfill the OT type, to minister His blood there as the priest did in the sanctuary on earth?

Obeying Gods commands to maintain or keep from losing salvation is legalism. Pure and simple

And you missed a few very applicable point

We obey the law of Christ. which is the law of Love. Jesus said the greatest command is this and the second is like it. In these two commands contain ALL the law and prophets.

Its called the law of love. Even if I am obeying a command, If I am doing it in the flesh and not because of love I am in sin because I am committing and act self righteousness.

The second point is the point Paul made/ Seek after the things of the spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

The law of moses, or ten commands does not tell us HOW to obey, It was never given for that purpose. so to claim we must obey them is to put them under the slavery to the law. In which as paul said, you are indebted to keep all of the law. Because again as I showed. the law requires perfection.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, But this is not how we are saved, It is what we do AFTER we are saved.

so concerning our discussion for the past few days, It is not the right question
So you still think that you can willfully continue in sin and go to heaven. You still think obedience to God is optional. Tell that to Adam.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you still think that you can willfully continue in sin and go to heaven. You still think obedience to God is optional. Tell that to Adam.
I believe what the apostle John said

Whoever sins has never seen or known God

Whoever has been born of God does not sin.

My God changes people. Does not yours?

And if you think your sins are not willful. When then we have another issue. Why are you excusing your own sin?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My God changes people. Does not yours?

And if you think your sins are not willful. When then we have another issue. Why are you excusing your own sin?
Are you serious? Did you not read my second to last post? You started off well... God changes people. Then you went into attack mode. What on earth was it I was just telling you? How can Christ abide in us of we aren't burn again... If we haven't become new creatures? Am I so stupid that I don't believe even the very basics of Christianity?
If I was talking about the 6th Commandment you wouldn't be here arguing. But because I'm taking about the Sabbath, a command you have no desire to observe or remember, you become defensive and unable to logically discuss the actual issue, unable to address what I'm actually telling you, and diverting into childish one liners that totally deny anything I've posted. If that is how you are going to continue this discussion, you can talk to yourself.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? Did you not read my second to last post? You started off well... God changes people. Then you went into attack mode. What on earth was it I was just telling you? How can Christ abide in us of we aren't burn again... If we haven't become new creatures? Am I so stupid that I don't believe even the very basics of Christianity?
If I was talking about the 6th Commandment you wouldn't be here arguing. But because I'm taking about the Sabbath, a command you have no desire to observe or remember, you become defensive and unable to logically discuss the actual issue, unable to address what I'm actually telling you, and diverting into childish one liners that totally deny anything I've posted. If that is how you are going to continue this discussion, you can talk to yourself.
1. You asked if I thought people who willfully sin will get to heaven, I answered that no child of God can live in willful sin
2. Our conversation has been centered on the fact you believe obedience is required to get to heaven. VS the thinking that a true child of God WILL be obedient (these are not the same things. One states salvation is dependent on obedience. the other says salvation is the CAUSE of obedience.

If a person can sin themselves out of salvation. Then God failed. Since it seems this is what you are saying (If I am r=wrong please explain it to me) then yes, My question still stands

Does your god change a person from a dog to a new creature. Or does he remain a dog and has the possibility of returning to his vomit. because he was never made new.

I am just trying to understand your thinking

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's more like it! :)
Does that reference refer to an actual Sabbath day, or does it refer to our rest in Christ - that we no longer have to depend on our works to be justified before God, but we can rest in Christ. What this could mean then is that our Christian lives are just one long spiritual Sabbath.
Throughout the entire chapter, the word for "rest" used by Paul is "kataposis", but when we get to verse 9, the word is "Sabbatismos". Any Bible scholar who's honest will render it "Sabbath", not "rest", as did Lamsa. Remember, the KJV was written in a time when Sunday had been firmly established by the apostate RCC as "God's day of rest" so it's understandable why the translators shied away from "Sabbath" and chose "rest" instead. All new versions are translated from corrupt "Greek Critical Text" MSS which stinks with the stench of Tichendorf, Westcott, Hort, and the Papacy.

The RCC no longer has a stranglehold on the truth anymore. "And in times of ignorance, God winked at, but now calleth all men to repentance."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot break the letter of teh Law for the Mosaic Law including the ten written in stone which are a ministry of death are not for the church.

We live under the law of Christ not the Mosaic Law. And yes a child of God can do all sorts of stupid things, but they will pay a horrendous price in this life for being a disobedient child of God.
The Ten Commandments aren't "Mosaic"...they are "Godsaic" - after all, they existed long before Moses and will exist for all eternity (Psalms 111:7-8 KJV) unlike the Mosaic Law which was nailed to the Cross, and is why it will always be wrong to steal, but is no longer wrong to disregard observance of the Passover.