Jesus is the answer. - But what's the question?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be clear, I am a Christian Universalist, not a Unitarian Universalist.
Two different things. FYI

Christian Universalism, Universal Restoration, Universal Reconciliation, Ultimate Redemption. (UR)
Not Unitarian Universalism. (UU) You, you. - LOL
And there you have the greatest mystery of all.....many who claim to be branches of branches....and all believe that their ‘branch of the branch’ is the correct one.....who says? What if all the branches get lopped off because the branch they were attached to was the wrong one and it gets cut off?

The “wheat” were sown by Jesus.....the “weeds” were sown by “the devil” “while men were sleeping”.....this is a spiritual sleep that began to manifest at the end of the first century.....and one from which they never awakened.....the nightmare they created splintered into thousands of bickering sects, all claiming to be right but disagreeing with each other over many things......that is not the definition of Christianity!

God’s spirit unites his worshippers...it does not divide them as though God speaks with a forked tongue.....it’s the other fellow who has that.

I agree that the Jesus must be acknowledged as Lord. Every knee will bow and tongue confess...
Notice where and when the acknowledgement (confession) happens.
Under the earth? (in the realm of the dead)

Philippians 2:10-11 NIV
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Since the Jews had no belief in an immortal soul (it was borrowed from the pagan Greeks) there was no “realm of the dead”.....”sheol” is translated as “the grave” in the Jewish Tanakh. Those “under the earth” are those buried in their graves awaiting the promised resurrection. There is no conscious existence in that place. (Eccl 9:5, 10) There is nothing but silence in the grave.

Psalm 115:17....
“The dead do not praise Jah;
Nor do any who go down into the silence of death.”

There are two resurrections....one for those chosen to rule with Christ in his heavenly kingdom, who will “rise first”.....(1 Thess 4:15-16; Rev 20:6).....and those over whom these will rule as “kings and priests”.

There is no immortal soul......the devil invented that lie to get Eve to disobey God.....he told she would “surely not die”, but God said they would.....so, who lied?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there you have the greatest mystery of all.....many who claim to be branches of branches....and all believe that their ‘branch of the branch’ is the correct one.....who says?
I make no such claim. (their ‘branch of the branch’ is the correct one)
Though I agree that many do.
I thought you did. Am I wrong?

Best to not get out on a limb. - LOL

There is no immortal soul......the devil invented that lie to get Eve to disobey God.....he told she would “surely not die”, but God said they would.....so, who lied?
If A&E had not eaten thereof, would they have died?

/

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I make no such claim. (their ‘branch of the branch’ is the correct one)
Though I agree that many do.
I thought you did. Am I wrong?

Best to not get out on a limb. - LOL
I agree whole heartedly.....taking the elevated view, what does God see? Branches of other branches all contending that they alone have it right, but will readily admit that all “Christians” are saved because they are somehow attached to the tree. Amid all that bickering, where will we find Christ?....existing in literally thousands of ‘branches’ yet remaining who he is....will the real Jesus please put up his hand....
If A&E had not eaten thereof, would they have died?
According to Genesis, the first humans had the opportunity to “live forever” in mortal flesh here on planet earth.....the means was already provided, but continuing life was conditional upon their continued obedience to God’s commands. At that time, there was only one rule.....but they were tempted to disobey by an outside influence, and lost their opportunity because they were evicted from the garden and all its bountiful provisions....and their means of gaining “everlasting life” (not immortality) was now, off limits. (Gen 3:22-24)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the answer. - But what's the question?

SINCE…
A soul of manKIND can NOT Be sav-ED…without a bodily death…
AND
A natural spirit of manKIND can NOT be quicken-ED (born again)…
Without a bodily death…

THE QUESTION

HOW DID soul saving and spirit quickening BECOME “MADE” possible FOR SOME who ARE still bodily Living?

THE ANSWER

By, Through, Of, JESUS’ OFFERING, and the man’s ACCEPTANCE of becoming MADE;
“bodily CRUCIFIED WITH JESUS.”

Glory to God,
Taken

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think? (forum topic link below)

Skepticism versus gullibility

Just heard a sermon that came down pretty hard on skepticism.
Trying to process how I feel about that. Thanks for listening. (send help)

It appears that there is no room for healthy skepticism in the church.
But for some reason the skeptics weren't called gullible. No one was, actually.
We are offered apologetics to counteract skepticism. (unbelief)

I was raised evangelical Protestant.
I remember my state of shock when I found out where the Bible actually came from.
Not what the church told me.

I had never heard of the canon of scripture.
I thought a cannon was a war relic, not a religious relic. - Ha!

Same with the hell doctrine.
No one informed me that there were three biblical doctrines of the final judgment.
They did bad-mouth Universalism though.

I had no idea that Universalism was actually a Christian doctrine from the early church in the East.
Which is where the church came from, hello?

And what about inerrancy? Don't get me started... Grr...
Anyone else want to rant on either aspect? Thanks.

/