Jesus Is the Overcomer in Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
You say that at great expense of what is written as a clear consequence for not repenting and that is to be cast into the bed of the great tribulation.

Well, believers do repent JIF because of the power of God working in them.

Is it a sin to deny the authenticity of the power of God. Maybe you should repent of that, less you be the accuser of the brethren? https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/non-osas-spirit.26006/

Jhn 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

1Co 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Th 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

1Pe 1:4-5 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, believers do repent JIF because of the power of God working in them.

Is it a sin to deny the authenticity of the power of God. Maybe you should repent of that, less you be the accuser of the brethren? https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/non-osas-spirit.26006/

If the brethren are believing every spirit as being the Holy Spirit, then how can they test any spirit as not being of God? 1 John 4:1-4 Do I not acknowledge the line drawn by the apostle John? How about the warning from Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 in reminding believers of our faith in 2 Corinthians 13:5? I could go on with more scripture, but I ask you, how do you apply those scripture in discerning what is the power of God working in believers? By falling backwards? By flopping like a fish out of the water? By mimicking a grand mal seizure? Proverbs 25:26-28 says it is not.

When it has been prophesied that in the latter days many shall depart from faith in giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devil ( receiving of spirits ) then if you do not believe it is here yet, then would you even recognize it when it does come and by what signs?

Khundalini which is an eastern mysticism involving yoga and meditation, can attest to feeling power, or fire, or electricity, or peace, or love, and even scary things that makes them not do it ever again. And yes, they can speak in vain and profane babbling too. See the actual comparison with His help.

So how can God call those sinners out from what they are doing before Pentecost to a church if christians do the same thing? How can these sinners prove that they had repented? They can't.

Christians make the excuse that Satan mimics God's workings, but Khundalini was around before Pentecost and so that makes God copy catting the devil. For christians to prove all things by Him and abstain from all appearances of evil, then you better start discerning what is not God's workings.

Jhn 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

1Co 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Th 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

1Pe 1:4-5 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

I prefer the KJV of 1 Corinthians 1:18 where we "are saved" rather than "being saved" as you have that version in your quote for references.

At least by His grace & by His help, I acknowledge the power of God in salvation in that Jesus Christ is keeping the souls of His soon to be disqualified saints even when left behind. The call to repent from this iniquity in these latter days shall be repeated as long as He enables me to, for modern tongues speakers that use tongues for private use to repent or else run the risk of being cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

How is that applied?

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

By our belief in Him, Jesus Christ overcomes the world for those saints left behind in the great tribulation.

Citing this, you may understand where I am coming from in addressing the "he who overcomes" at the closing of each address to the 7 churches in Revelation.

If you see the warning to each of the 5 churches, then when it comes to "he who overcomes", the rewards is not one being given to those that heed the warning, but to those that did not.

Just as the exhortation given to 2 of the churches in Revelation is to hold fast, then when it comes to the "he who overcomes", the reward is for those who did not hold fast.

It is in the debate forum because I know many believers will want to contend with this.

To avoid long posts, I shall address each church in Revelation and hopefully He will help me illustrate this point of truth.

Jesus didn't overcome for us...but He gives us His life so that we can overcome as He did.

Rev. 3:21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't overcome for us...but He gives us His life so that we can overcome as He did.

Rev. 3:21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Thing is, the one left behind would have seen His appearing and believe in Him is how they overcome, but for the saints that die in Babylon USA in Revelations 18th chapter, their works follow them... to the dust as symbolic of the lack of repentance from the dead works on that foundation which was laid by Jesus Christ while receiving stripes per the measure of knowledge that they had that they did not prepare themselves by.

So that is why the ones left behind overcome by seeing the Son and believing in Him is all that they did in overcoming as He overcomes for them in doing away with the works that deny Him and giving them stripes so that they will never return to those iniquity when the millennium reign starts.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
If the brethren are believing every spirit as being the Holy Spirit, then how can they test any spirit as not being of God? 1 John 4:1-4 Do I not acknowledge the line drawn by the apostle John? How about the warning from Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 in reminding believers of our faith in 2 Corinthians 13:5? I could go on with more scripture, but I ask you, how do you apply those scripture in discerning what is the power of God working in believers? By falling backwards? By flopping like a fish out of the water? By mimicking a grand mal seizure? Proverbs 25:26-28 says it is not.

When it has been prophesied that in the latter days many shall depart from faith in giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devil ( receiving of spirits ) then if you do not believe it is here yet, then would you even recognize it when it does come and by what signs?

Khundalini which is an eastern mysticism involving yoga and meditation, can attest to feeling power, or fire, or electricity, or peace, or love, and even scary things that makes them not do it ever again. And yes, they can speak in vain and profane babbling too. See the actual comparison with His help.

So how can God call those sinners out from what they are doing before Pentecost to a church if christians do the same thing? How can these sinners prove that they had repented? They can't.

Christians make the excuse that Satan mimics God's workings, but Khundalini was around before Pentecost and so that makes God copy catting the devil. For christians to prove all things by Him and abstain from all appearances of evil, then you better start discerning what is not God's workings.

I prefer the KJV of 1 Corinthians 1:18 where we "are saved" rather than "being saved" as you have that version in your quote for references.

At least by His grace & by His help, I acknowledge the power of God in salvation in that Jesus Christ is keeping the souls of His soon to be disqualified saints even when left behind. The call to repent from this iniquity in these latter days shall be repeated as long as He enables me to, for modern tongues speakers that use tongues for private use to repent or else run the risk of being cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation.

It's not if the believer repents, it's a matter of when while the accuser keeps accusing. Have confidence that His power will keep you. Believe God.

Rom 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,

Phil 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

1Jo 4:17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

1Jo 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

God bless

Nov 2, 2016
USA
if only you could Quote that huh. i can Quote believers trading truth for lies though, i bet.
tell ya what you show me yours and i'll show you mine, and we can see :)

Well, how much can you really know about a believer's walk on the internet. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
only you conveniently changed the subject again, huh Heb

i asked for a Quote that you believe exists but does not,
and now here we are conveniently talking about how to judge others now