Jesus Is the Overcomer in Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

How is that applied?

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

By our belief in Him, Jesus Christ overcomes the world for those saints left behind in the great tribulation.

Citing this, you may understand where I am coming from in addressing the "he who overcomes" at the closing of each address to the 7 churches in Revelation.

If you see the warning to each of the 5 churches, then when it comes to "he who overcomes", the rewards is not one being given to those that heed the warning, but to those that did not.

Just as the exhortation given to 2 of the churches in Revelation is to hold fast, then when it comes to the "he who overcomes", the reward is for those who did not hold fast.

It is in the debate forum because I know many believers will want to contend with this.

To avoid long posts, I shall address each church in Revelation and hopefully He will help me illustrate this point of truth.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. 6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate. 7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

I know that it is contentious because it does seem to read as addressing the him that overcometh as being a believer and not Jesus as "I" being God is giving the right to that overcomer to the tree of life, however, believing in Jesus Christ is how He overcomes for us.

Barring that belief, is the consequence for not heeding the warning to that church; thus the need for Him to overcome for that believer.

Now look at the reward. How can it be for the firstfruit of the resurrection that need to eat from the tree of life which is in the midst of the paradise of God aka the City of God aka New Jerusalem? What happened to this promise of that first fruit of the resurrection?

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage. 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

So the first fruit of teh resurrection would have no need to eat from the tree of life.

So if it is a believer that is the overcomer, how come he needs to eat from the tree of life unless he was one of the saints left behind or one of the new believers after the pre great trib rapture event for why Jesus is the actual Overcomer for that believer to be received.

Let us look at what the tree of life is for.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

So the leaves of the tree of life are for the healing of the nation which means that places this city of God on earth.

Revelation 21:1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

So I see the reward for those that did not heed His warning for why Jesus will overcome for that saint that gets left behind to eat from the tree of life while the coming generations will visit the city of God to eat the leaves for the healing of the nations.

It is contentious to see "him" that overcomes, as being the believer, and in some way it is addressing the believer but I still see Jesus in Him as overcoming for that believer when that reward is not what that believer earned but because of what Jesus had done for him. By believing in Him is how he overcomes even though left behind or has become a new believer after the rapture, but stuck on earth.

The reason I put the emphasis on Him as the Overcomer is because believers may refuse how a saint that got disqualified can get any reward when left behind, but if you think about it.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

That would explain how new believers after the rapture, can also have access to the tree of life.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Okay. Again, I apply that reward towards those that did not heed that exhortation; that somehow fell away in spite of being in that city where abiding believers were at. No one would think they deserve it but at the rapture, believers that had fallen away and new believers that see Him and believe, as a result, overcomes, as He is the One that overcomes for them to receive that reward.

Look at who gets the reward of how the power of the second death cannot hurt them.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

This reward is being given to those coming out of the great tribulation.

What does that mean exactly? They have a glorified terrestrial body where they can die the first death, and not a glorified celestial body of whom cannot die at all. Which probably is why they would need access to the city of God for the tree of life, but they are forever protected from the power of the second death which is the lake of fire. That means God keeps those resurrected out of the great tribulation from ever incurring that judgment forever, but of course, the coming generations out of the millennium reign is not under that same promise.

The coming generations during His thousand year reign will have a time of trial and testing when Satan has been released from the pit for a small season after the Lord's thousand year reign.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; 13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. 14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. 15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate. 16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Now those that fail to heed the warning to repent, they will be left behind and yet seeing the Son of Man at His appearing and believing in Him is how he will overcome in getting this reward listed above in the bold.

I know it is contentious that one left behind should be rewarded, but as the prodigal son that gave up his first inheritance for wild living can never get that first inheritance back, he will find that he is still son. This is why Jesus overcomes for him just by him believing in Him when he sees Him at the pre great trib rapture, and why no one will contest it.

It seems like religious believers will cry "foul", but they will not in Heaven when He is the One that overcomes for them as it is His righteousness that permits the rewards being given to those saints of that church that did not heed His warning to repent or else.

The reward seems to be a personal one of eating hidden manna and having a personal white stone with a new name written on it which no man knows saving he that receives that new name. I am not sure of the benefit of the reward for how it is used during the millennium reign other than maybe knowing when the Lord calls for him through the Spirit within Him from New Jerusalem, for him to do something is how he will know that was from the Lord Himself personally. This is a guess. But we shall all know eventually what that is for, even though we will not know that name on that personal whhite stone when it is given to those particular saints.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. 26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28 And I will give him the morning star. 29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Those who do not repent of the spiritual fornication and gets left behind as in cast into the great tribulation, they will see Him at the pre great trib rapture and believe in Him and overcome in that way in getting the rewards listed above. The rewards seems to be ruling as kings or priests in serving the King of kings at whatever area of the world they are assigned to in ruling the nation in serving the King of kings.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:1And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. 3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. 4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. 5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

So if the believers of that errant church do not repent, they run the risk of being left behind and for having defiled their garments as verse 4 suggests, but they shall be clothed in white raiment just as Jesus promised to all those left behind, that He will NEVER, in no wise, remove any of their names from the Book of life. That assurance is given for those that worry about those saints that gets left behind as well as for those that wonder about their fate for being left behind.

Jesus is the Overcomer because the unrepentant saints overcome by believing in Him when they see Him at the pre great trib rapture event, even though they are still left behind.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

This is the second church that is abiding in Him, thus failing to hold fast by that exhortation, I see the reward of making him as someone that can never sin again metaphorically, and I believe that he will be given a new name of God & the name of the city of God in representing Him and the City of God in the world.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I take that those that fail to repent, he will overcome when he sees Him and believes in Him at the great trib rapture and so will be rewarded by reigning with Him as I see this as metaphorically meaning, otherwise, that throne would be quite crowded.

I believe that the rewards mentioned here in this thread is available to every unrepentant believer left behind and any new believers as a result. I do not see any reason why the rewards would not be given to each believer that gets left behind as well as to new believers.

I know it looks like they do not deserve it, but I point to Him Who overcomes, and He overcomes when they see Him and believe in Him as explained in the verses in the first post of this OP. It is He that presents us faultless and that means He will finish His work even in those left behind.

But it would be better to repent so as to not miss out of the first fruit of the resurrection in being received as a vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Marriage Supper when the Bridegroom comes.

Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be....

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Jesus is calling churches to get ready and sinners to come to Him & believe in Him because the Bridegroom is coming soon; the consequence for unrepentant saints is to be cast off into the great tribulation where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth like Esau had done over the loss of his first inheritance for a meal.

But like the prodigal son, he will find he is still son as we all will celebrate Jesus bringing the lost sheep Home.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to amend and thus clarify my belief that the "he" who overcomes is Jesus Christ in those closing part of each address to the 7 churches.

Although I believe it is a reward given to those unrepentant saints left behind, "they overcome" when they see Jesus Christ at the pre great trib rapture and by believing in Him is how they overcome the iniquities for which they were left behind for. One would think repentance would be needed, but again by believing in Him is how they overcome as Jesus Christ in them is how He overcomes for them by their belief in Him.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

So by their faith in Him is how those saints left behind overcomes whatever iniquity that has defiled them, because Jesus Christ and His righteousness in them overcomes it for them as He will even finish His work in the saints left behind which is to His glory.

But yes, I err in attributing the "he who overcomes" as meaning only Jesus Christ, but in actuality, it is Jesus Christ that overcomes for them just by them seeing Jesus and believing in Him.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA

Being "born of God" is a permanent condition of the heart JIF. The conception of the seed has already been implanted.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus Is the Overcomer in Revelation
If Jesus is the Overcomer in Revelation then there would be no need to talk about "he who overcomes" as applied to Christians. It is for Christians to be overcomers in the power of the Spirit, and there are specific rewards for overcomers.

Reactions: amadeus

Nov 2, 2016
USA
If Jesus is the Overcomer in Revelation then there would be no need to talk about "he who overcomes" as applied to Christians. It is for Christians to be overcomers in the power of the Spirit, and there are specific rewards for overcomers.

That's right, via believers ruling with Christ with an iron scepter, Rev 2:26-27, Rev 12:5. :cool:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being "born of God" is a permanent condition of the heart JIF. The conception of the seed has already been implanted.

Running that race is not for obtaining salvation because we were born again at the time we were saved at the calling of the gospel.

Running that race by looking to the author & finisher of our faith in believing in Him that He will help us lay aside every weight & sin is how to overcome.

Those unrepentant saints that did not look to Him to help them overcome, they will get left behind, as they will see Him and believe in Him for how He overcomes the unrepentant iniquities within them since Jesus will finish His work even in those left behind so they may be partakers of His holiness.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Post # 9 I did amend and clarified my position from my OP.

Seeing how in 1 Corinthians 3:10-17, the Refiner's fire is at work in burning every work of wood, stubble and hay off of that foundation of all those who had defiled the temple of God with iniquity that get left behind in that day.

So by those saints left behind; even former believers, when they see Him and believe in Him, He Who overcomes for them do so by burning away all those works that deny Him off of that foundation so that only the foundation remains as it is His righteousness that is bringing them Home.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Those unrepentant saints that did not look to Him to help them overcome, they will get left behind, as they will see Him and believe in Him for how He overcomes the unrepentant iniquities within them since Jesus will finish His work even in those left behind so they may be partakers of His holiness.

No, all those who are born again will not get left behind. Partial rapture is false.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, all those who are born again will not get left behind. Partial rapture is false.

How do you apply those warnings where believers found not abiding in Him and in His words as His disciples are cast off? John 15:1-7

How do you apply His warnings to His disciples to be ready or be cut off to have their portions with unbelievers in facing the God's judgment of fire coming on the earth ( Luke 12:40-49 ) as Peter mentioned that fiery judgment too in relation to the global flood in 2 Peter 3 rd chapter as he urges saved believers to labor so we can be accepted by Him? Indeed, those cut off in Luke 12:40-49 are still called His servants for why they are receiving stripes for not preparing by the measure of their knowledge for not preparing by.

Why did Jesus give a warning about Lot's wife in Luke 17th chapter unless the cares of this life and our loved ones can be a snare as He warned in Luke 21:33-36 for why we should pray that we be worthy to escape so as to stand before the Son of Man? That same snare is why those invited to the King's Supper were the reasons why they were excusing themselves from the supper for the cares of this life in Luke 14:15-24 and Jesus expounded on that parable in Luke 14:25-33 by explaining to consider the cost of discipleship, because it was not about being willing to give up everything while following Him ON earth, but being willing to give up everything to LEAVE the EARTH when the Bridegroom comes to follow Him to Heaven.

Jesus is not warning unbelievers to be ready, but believers; BECAUSE many saved believers will be left behind because of the great apostasy in the latter days when many have fallen away from the faith as that apostasy includes those who seek to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign apart from salvation by those who assumed that second blessing they had experienced was the Holy Spirit when it was not. They did not test the spirit in regards to the examination of our faith and so like the foolish virgins out to the market seeking to fill their lamps with oil, they are left behind when the Bridegroom had come. The call to repentance is to go before that throne of grace for help to shun vain and profane babbling, and pray normally, and return to their first love and stay resting in Him as filled by seeking no more after those seducing spirits to receive for a sign.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
How do you apply those warnings where believers found not abiding in Him and in His words as His disciples are cast off? John 15:1-7

It's an allegory, similar to how God doesn't throw believers into hell because of lack of maturity, Heb 5:14, Heb 6:1-6.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is not warning unbelievers to be ready, but believers; BECAUSE many saved believers will be left behind because of the great apostasy in the latter days when many have fallen away...
Well you can't have it both ways. If there are "saved believers" they are NOT apostates, and since all believers are within the Body of Christ, which is also His Bride, the entire Church will be raptured. Only apostates and unbelievers will be left behind.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an allegory, similar to how God doesn't throw believers into hell because of lack of maturity, Heb 5:14, Heb 6:1-6.

I am aware that many believers here seem to think of one being cut off as being cast into hell, but scripture only confine the location of being cast off as into the great tribulation ( Revelation 2:21-25 ) whereby for a small season, the Father chastens those that have not resisted unto sin nor look to the author & finisher of their faith to help them lay aside every weight & sin in running that race. Hebrews 12:1-26

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you can't have it both ways. If there are "saved believers" they are NOT apostates, and since all believers are within the Body of Christ, which is also His Bride, the entire Church will be raptured. Only apostates and unbelievers will be left behind.

So why is God judging His House first in 1 Peter 4:17-19?

Why is God judging each believer by his works on that foundation wherein they incur the destruction of the flesh so that the spirit may be saved in the day of Christ in 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 ?

Why would God warned the church at Thyatira to repent of her fornication or risk being cast into the great tribulation? Revelation 2:21-25

Why would Jesus warned even His disciples to consider the cost of discipleship in Luke 14:25-33 because many will excuse themselves from the King's supper in Heaven for the cares of this life and their loved ones in Luke 14:15-24 ? Jesus warned of this snare in Luke 21:33-36 for why they should pray that they be worthy to escape and stand before the Son of Man. Even Lot's wife was referenced in Luke 17th chapter for how saved believers can be ensnared to love this life more than wanting to leave with the Bridegroom when He appears.

Why warned of cutting of those who had sought to be His disciples but were not ready as they will have their portion with unbelievers that get left behind to face the fire coming on the earth by which time, they will be receiving stripes by the measure of knowledge they had in not getting ready? Luke 12:40-49

So the apostates are the saved believers that are disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper for not looking to Him for help in departing from iniquity. That is why even former believers are called to depart from iniquity to be received as a vessel unto honor in His House 2 Timothy 2:18-21 or else they will be received later on after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor BUT still in His House.

Saved believers are called, but only a few chosen will be found ready to attend the Marriage Supper in His honor as vessels of honor in His House.

The vessels unto dishonor are still in His House because they testify to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in Jesus Christ, even in His name as Jesus is the Good Shepherd, and He will get those lost sheep left behind for following that stranger's voice gained by another way around the Son which is the other baptism with the Holy Ghost apart from salvation for a sign of tongues without interpretation: John 10:1-5 The apostates are still considered His sheep for why He MUST bring them as they will be of the one fold & one shepherd. John 10:16

The prodigal son although he has given up his first inheritance for wild living, he will find that he is still son thanks to the glory of Jesus Christ as his Saviour.