• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And do we have that life in ourselves? Can we walk away from Jesus and still live?

As a result of this, many (of) his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him.

Peace!
These were disciples of Jesus who were not born again of the Holy Spirit (see John 7:39)...and thus not sealed with the Holy Spirit.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I care to substantiate it scripturally.
The Holy Ghost is "the Spirit of truth"...
So if He dwells in a man, He will give that man the knowledge of the truth in due time (John 16:13).
UNLESS that man rejects it.

1 Tim. 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons

These people aren't departing from NON-faith - but from FAITH.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right...

Going back to Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv) for the fiftieth time...those who have the fear of the LORD (who heed the warnings) shall not ever depart from Him.
AGAIN - I couldn't agree with you more.
"IF" they HAVE the fear of the Lord.

What happens when they NO LONGER fear the Lord?

Reactions: Marymog

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UNLESS that man rejects it.

1 Tim. 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons

These people aren't departing from NON-faith - but from FAITH.
No...they are departing from the faith of Christianity...the faith, being defined as the religion as an outward observance.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGAIN - I couldn't agree with you more.
"IF" they HAVE the fear of yhe Lord.

What happens when they NO LONGER fear the Lord?
Glad you asked me that...

Psa 19:9, The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

According to this scripture, it doesn't look like that is a possibility.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...they are departing from the faith of Christianity...the faith, being defined as the religion as an outward observance.
HUH??

This verse says that they will depart from the FAITH and devote themselves to deceitful spirits.
This isn't about "outward" practices - but INWARD faith.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HUH??

This verse says that they will depart from the FAITH and devote themselves to deceitful spirits.
This isn't about "outward" practices - but INWARD faith.
No, it is talking about "the faith"....the religion of Christianity as an outward observance. People who don't have an inward relationship...who were never born again; but who nevertheless identified themselves as Christians.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 8:13 believers have faith and later fall away...their faith is nominal, lukewarm, or shallow. They have no root in themselves.

Those who do have root in themselves have everlasting life (John 6:47).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you asked me that...

Psa 19:9, The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

According to this scripture, it doesn't look like that is a possibility.
I have warned you before - but you NEVER listen.
Cherry-picking verses to make your point NEVER works. Read it in CONTEXT.

Psalm 19 is talking about God's perfection - His statues, His decrees, etc. It states that FEAR of Him endures forever - and it DOES.
It DOESN'T say that each individual will fear Him forever. Each statement about him in this Psalm is directed toward His people in general - not each person.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 19 is talking about God's perfection - His statues, His decrees, etc. It states that FEAR of Him endures forever - and it DOES.
It DOESN'T say that each individual will fear Him forever. Each statement about him in this Psalm is directed toward His people in general - not each person.
The fear of the LORD endures for ever...whether it is in an individual or in a corporate body.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These were disciples of Jesus who were not born again of the Holy Spirit (see John 7:39)...and thus not sealed with the Holy Spirit.

You didn't answer my questions, so I'll ask again:

"And do we have that life in ourselves? Can we walk away from Jesus and still live?"

Also, can you tell me how one is 'sealed' with the Holy Spirit?

Peace!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because every cherry, has a seed within it that, if planted, is capable of producing an entire tree.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is talking about "the faith"....the religion of Christianity as an outward observance.
It's talking about FAITH - period.
It's NOT talking about religion.

Anyway - tell me HOW a person can devote themselves to evil spirits and RETAIN their everlasting life.
This should be interesting . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer my questions, so I'll ask again:

"And do we have that life in ourselves? Can we walk away from Jesus and still live?"

If we truly have life in Jesus, we cannot walk away from Him, it is not in our nature to do so.

Also, can you tell me how one is 'sealed' with the Holy Spirit?

See Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because every cherry, has a seed within it that, if planted, is capable of producing an entire tree.
That is an asinine statement.
"Cherry-picking" is merely a euphemism for incorrectly selecting single verses of Scripture.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's talking about FAITH - period.
It's NOT talking about religion.

Anyway - tell me HOW a person can devote themselves to evil spirits and RETAIN their everlasting life.
This should be interesting . . .
It is a moot point.

They were outwardly Christians but were not born again...they never had everlasting life to begin with.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo - ALL your hot wind can’t change the Scriptural fact that our salvation requires our cooperation with God’s grace.

I swear...It’s like shooting ducks in a barrel......
“ If it is Of WORKS ( the crux of your “ cooperation” ) it is NO LONGER of Grace”
“ Salvation is a GIFT, Given to those that don’t work for it “

You and your other deceived catholic buddies hopefully are Saved because at least you “ Do” Believe in the Resurrection and many think that is enough to get Saved.....
Your Problem is that you Add to the Gospel , making yourself a “ Co-Savior”.....In your perverted view, the Blood might be “Essential”—— it just ain’t “ Adequate” in and if itself. That is how one “ Falls From Grace”...... The Cross is Of “ no benefit” for you.Scary stuff.Some think these Truths mean you are damned.....let’s hope not!
There is one thing that all of those who are “ fallen from Grace” have in common—— they are completely oblivious to it. If you are on the Wide Path where everybody agrees that “ Sure, Jesus Saves — BUT!” , you could be in Serious Jeopardy . The Book Of Galatians was written for people like you.Pray that God open your heart for understanding and then read that Book— there is Joy in it when properly understood— it could make you “ a Free man in Christ”.....That “ Abundant Life” thingy that Jesus referred to ? It really exists.I know that, because I LIVE it. How about you? Let me answer that for you- No. The secret is RESTING IN THE FINISHED WORK OF THE CROSS—-NOT by your Works, which you fancily obscure by using the word “ cooperation”.....Salvation is a GIFT .....the only “ cooperation” required by Wretched Sinners like you and I is to BELIEVE it.......It really IS just like the Song says, “ Nothing But The Blood”...... many need to rip it from their hymnals....know what I mean?

Reactions: justbyfaith

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we truly have life in Jesus, we cannot walk away from Him, it is not in our nature to do so.

Dear justbyfaith,

To have Jesus is to have eternal life, because Jesus is eternal life, and He offers to share that life, His Life with all..

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.

'this is My Body, take and eat'
'this is the Cup of My Blood'

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!