• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I’ve crushed your asinine OSAS heresy in thread after thread after thread – yet you have failed to address even ONE of the passages I presented.

Here they are AGAIN – for about the seventh time. These passages are ALL about truly converted, BORN AGAIN believers who are in danger of LOSING their security forever.

The time for running from them is OVER . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God “take away” somebody’s “share” of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

You have copied and pasted your list repeatedly.

Repeatedly your list has been refuted Step by Step...

You don't learn what is before you.
You ignore the refutation, then pop back in with your list making your same Erroneous claim...

Nothing in Scripture says a man Can Receive Salvation....and Then Lose his Salvation.

Salvation is an Offering to every man.
That means the OFFERING of Salvation IS For every man TO Take/Receive.

If a man DOES NOT TAKE What is For him to receive....DUH!
He Loses what Was OFFERED for him.
He has Lost (his salvation)...
Because he refused to receive his salvation.

If something IS yours to Take...it is yours!

You are putting Christ to open Shame by preaching Christ gives Salvation, then takes it back. <---> is that what you were taught in Catholic School/Church?

Glory to God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be clear that the Luke 8:13 believer, who falls away, has no root in himself; while the one who actually goes on to bear fruit, according to John 6:47, has everlasting life (life which can never come to an end).

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And I’ve crushed your asinine OSAS heresy in thread after thread after thread – yet you have failed to address even ONE of the passages I presented.

Do you realize that all your hilarious speech.....all this "crushed, epic fail, destroyed you"......all this sounds like you are 12 yrs old and think you are playing X-Box.
You are a laughing bag everytime you post to me, and others, as we can see you as a 12 yr old, in your mother's bedroom..on her Laptop.....saying outloud to me as you post here..>"i got you this time""", BAM.....DESTROYED... SMASHED...GOTCHA"......click, click, click,..... like you are playing a video game.
You're hilarious, son.
Thanks for the continuous laugh track, (all your posts) as you've given me and others here a lot of them, and no doubt we can look for more.
Too funny.

Listen you are a Cult of Mary who twists beads and prays to plastic statues, so, who can take such a deceived person seriously?
Understand?
I respond to you, because it keeps my Threads bumped to the top, so that new people can read the topic and see the Light.
So, you are useful to me in this way..
You remind me of a book that was put out a few years ago...."Useful Idiots".
So, you are useful to me on my Threads, as you are so ego-centric and self centered, and so theologically malformed.
Thank you for bumping my Threads. As this helps others, which is my reason for being here.

And i rarely respond to any type of post that is filled with unending and wrongly divided verses.
I call this type of ignorant posting...>"a waterfall of verses", and the people who do this are always playing games and never are they true.

Now, the reason you have issues with "OSAS"< is because you dont understand what this term actually means.
But i have taken the time today, to respond to your false understanding, in a previous post, so i hope that helps you.

And keep in mind, your Catholic Cult of Mary, teaches that : The CROSS + Works = Salvation, and that the city water system is "water regeneration" of the Spirit.
So, those are Grace denying heresies, and its typical of all cults that reject God's Grace= by changing the Gospel of Grace into the Gospel of Works.
That what you do, because you are such an over the top and silly product of your Cult of Mary.
Your cult of Mary and you, are Galatians 1:8.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus isn't a Catholic.
Why don't you just take one thread called "The Catholic Bashing Thread"? The Catholic Church has never asserted that the Lord Jesus Christ is "Catholic". That is just asinine.

There are some Catholic doctrines that are perfectly in line with Scripture. Many which are not. The ones all Christians can accept include the Deity of Christ and the Holy Trinity. Their doctrine of eternal Hell (the Lake of Fire) is also perfectly biblical.

One of Christ's demands on Christians is just dealings with others. Which means we need to be fair to the Catholic Church (or any other denomination). Here is what it teaches about Jesus Christ.

THE CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
432 The name "Jesus" signifies that the very name of God is present in the person of his Son, made man for the universal and definitive redemption from sins. It is the divine name that alone brings salvation, and henceforth all can invoke his name, for Jesus united himself to all men through his Incarnation,23 so that "there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."24

434 Jesus' Resurrection glorifies the name of the Saviour God, for from that time on it is the name of Jesus that fully manifests the supreme power of the "name which is above every name".27 The evil spirits fear his name; in his name his disciples perform miracles, for the Father grants all they ask in this name.28

436 The word "Christ" comes from the Greek translation of the Hebrew Messiah, which means "anointed". It became the name proper to Jesus only because he accomplished perfectly the divine mission that "Christ" signifies. In effect, in Israel those consecrated to God for a mission that he gave were anointed in his name. This was the case for kings, for priests and, in rare instances, for prophets.29 This had to be the case all the more so for the Messiah whom God would send to inaugurate his kingdom definitively.30 It was necessary that the Messiah be anointed by the Spirit of the Lord at once as king and priest, and also as prophet.31 Jesus fulfilled the messianic hope of Israel in his threefold office of priest, prophet and king.

No Bible-believing Christian can deny that any of this is not biblical. So this is NOT a "Catholic Jesus" at all.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruits."

When teachers of God's word are abrasive with their students, it is a sign that they are as wolves coming to you in sheep's clothing; false prophets.

You can find this teaching in Matthew 7:15-20.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I am taking you off of Ignore to deal with this subject.

It is clear from John 5:24 (kjv) that we pass from death unto everlasting life from the moment of first faith and will not afterwards come into condemnation.

So, are you saying that the person who has faith in Luke 8:13 and falls away has epignosis; and therefore continues to be saved after falling away? (this would be heresy)

Because the scripture cannot be broken. John 5:24 is clear that the person who hears Jesus' words and believes on Him who sent Him shall not come into condemnation but has passed from death into everlasting life.

This assurance is two-fold:

1) they shall not come into condemnation

2) they "have" everlasting life (life that can never come to an end).

Now, whatever scriptures you may have to show that a man can fall away are not going to contradict what is spoken in John 5:24 (kjv); which is given as an absolute promise of holy scripture. Notice that Jesus, in John 5:24 (kjv) says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you..."

So, if you are going to come up with anything to contradict this verse, you are going to have to come up with a verse that has a similar backing of Jesus saying that it is absolute truth.

Otherwise, the verses you bring up must conform to what Jesus says is absolute truth in John 5:24 (kjv)...

I adjure you therefore to show, with every quotation, how the verse that you are quoting is brought into reconciliation with John 5:24 (kjv).

Jhn 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Otherwise you are merely cherry-picking and are pitting scripture against scripture.
You're never HAD me on ignore.
Your obsession with me is well-known . . .

ALL promises of eternal life and "eternal security" are CONDITIONAL. IF we remain in Christ - He remains in us, etc.
As I have warned you on MANY occasions - your cherry-picking of verses is your doom. You must take ALL of the promises of eternal security in CONTEXT with ALL of the other ones that put conditions on them.

ALL of the following verse have the condition that WE remain faithful in order to retain our security . . .
Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Jesus isn't a Catholic.
Neither is Paul.

Also, think of every denomination you can think of, then add in 2500 more you dont know about.
Jesus and Paul are none of those........also.
Jesus and Paul do not belong to a man made denomination.
But you do, or have.
Do you belong to the Cult of Mary and call a leader "holy father" when the NT tells you to "call no man on earth Father"?

Its interesting that we are told to "not forsake the assembling of ourselves together"< but we are not told to join a denomination.
The Heretic thinks that their "church" is THE Church, when in fact ALL the born again believers are "the Body of Christ" or "The" Church.

There is the concept of a Local Church, revealed in the NT, but its never given a BRAND NAME.
Its never titled the Catholic or the Baptist Believer's Convention, or the Lutherans, or the "Pentecostals".
All that came later, as men moved in, took over, and created DENOMINATIONS such as the Cult of Mary.

Also...
IF you are born again, you've already joined the "one true Church", which is the literal, spiritual, body of Christ...that is not made with hands., but is made with The Blood of God as Jesus dying on The Cross.

So, is "organized religion", (denominations), the local church, good for you? ???
Well, It can be great for you and your family, but, the sticking point, is, that NT doctrine as "sound doctrine" is always sound, of itself..... but the way it is taught in "church", is often man made reinvention.
= Carnal bible twisting mania.

The only thing the Devil loves more then 25000 denominations that dont agree with each other's theology, (he had a full hand in this).....are 300 "New versions" of the BIBLE, that have changed verses, removed "sound" doctrine, and often try to leave God out, whenever possible.
Satan loves this.
LOVES it.

So, how do you know if your church is false, and is not walking in the Light, as Jesus is the Light?

It all comes down to how they teach Salvation and how they teach GRACE and how they teach JUSTIFICATION by FAITH.
It all comes down to each denomination's personal explanation of God's Gospel of GRACE.... Or as Paul said...>"My Gospel".
Understand Saint, that if they get this wrong, then everything else is wrong, also.
And if you belong to a church that has substituted works for Grace, or includes works (self effort) as a part of God's redemption, then you are wrong also., and they did it to you.
They, your church, has caused you to walk in the dark if you are trying to keep yourself saved, or if you believe that you can lose your salvation.

So, how do you check all this, to find out if you are in a poisonous religious cult, or if you are in a place where God reigns and the Holy Spirit is active? ???

First, you have to understand that Jesus is Grace.
JESUS is Eternal Life.
Jesus is Salvation....
Jesus is the author and finishers of YOUR FAITH. Hebrews 12:2.
And because Jesus is "Christ in you, the hope of Glory", and you are "IN Christ"", you have become the very "righteousness of Christ", if you are born again.
So, If you know all this, and believe all this, and TRUST all this and not in yourself to keep yourself saved.. then You will also have to come to the truth of the revelation that God began your salvation and HE will finish it.
Philippians 1:6

So....You have to come to a place in your theological mastery where you understand GRACE is a free gift, that Salvation is a free gift, and you no longer worry about losing your salvation, or still believe you have to keep yourself saved. = (Legalism) (Galatians 1:8)
Saint, you have to come to the revelation, that, if i ask you, "what are you trusting in, to get you to heaven""".... your only and final answer, is "JESUS."
And until you are there, completely certain..... until you have the revelation of "Grace without works".. Then you will always answer...."well, I trust in Jesus, BUT"....but....but......but..... = Spiritual and Theological Fail.
So, until you come to understand and truly believe that Jesus and Jesus alone saved you and will get you into heaven, then you are lost in the deceitful maze of "who is right"...>"who is lying"...."how do i know", and worst deceit of all = "you can lose your salvation".
Real good post with one exception....Grace is obeying Acts 2:38.

There is no "point of Grace" etc.

Just Acts 2:38 to be saved("what shall we do").

After Acts 2:38 is obeyed, then Grace that allowed it, continues in one's life per the Epistles.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ALL promises of eternal life and "eternal security" are CONDITIONAL. IF we remain in Christ - He remains in us, etc.
As I have warned you on MANY occasions - your cherry-picking of verses is your doom. You must take ALL of the promises of eternal security in CONTEXT with ALL of the other ones that put conditions on them.

ALL of the following verse have the condition that WE remain faithful in order to retain our security . . .
Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19
You skipped the book of Acts...completely.

Figures.....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have copied and pasted your list repeatedly.

Repeatedly your list has been refuted Step by Step...

You don't learn what is before you.
You ignore the refutation, then pop back in with your list making your same Erroneous claim...

Nothing in Scripture says a man Can Receive Salvation....and Then Lose his Salvation.

Salvation is an Offering to every man.
That means the OFFERING of Salvation IS For every man TO Take/Receive.

If a man DOES NOT TAKE What is For him to receive....DUH!
He Loses what Was OFFERED for him.
He has Lost (his salvation)...
Because he refused to receive his salvation.

If something IS yours to Take...it is yours!

You are putting Christ to open Shame by preaching Christ gives Salvation, then takes it back. <---> is that what you were taught in Catholic School/Church?

Glory to God,
Taken
FALSE.

the verses I posted are directed toward converted, born-again believers - not non-believers.
Asa I stated before - the word that NONE of you can get past is Epignosis, which is defined as a full, experiential and relational knowledge.

Here is a bit of PROTESTANT and otherwise non-Catholic scholarship on the term, "Epignosis" . . .

Richard Chenevix Trench
“In comparing epignosis with gnosis, the “epi” must be regarded as an intensive use of a preposition that gives the compound word a greater strength than the simple word alone possesses” (Synonyms of the New Testament, page 300).

Quoting Culverwell, he writes, “Epignosis and gnosis differ. Epignosis is the complete comprehension after the first knowledge (gnosin) of a matter. It is bringing me better acquainted with a thing I knew before; a more exact viewing of an object that I saw before afar off. That little portion of knowledge which we had here shall be much improved, our eye shall be raised to see the things more strongly and clearly” (Synonyms of the New Testament, page 300).

He goes on to say on the same page, “All Paul’s uses of epignosis justify and bear out this distinction. This same intensive use of epignosis is confirmed by similar passages in the New Testament and in the Septuagint. It also was recognized by the Greek fathers. Thus Chrysostom stated: ‘You knew (egnote), but it is necessary to know thoroughly (epignonai).”

J.B. Lightfoot
“The compound epignosis is an advance upon gnosis, denoting a larger and more thorough knowledge...Hence also epignosis is used especially of the knowledge of God and of Christ, as being the perfection of knowledge” (St. Paul’s Epistles to the Colossians and Philemon, page 138).

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words
“epignosis, akin to A, No. 3, denotes "exact or full knowledge, discernment, recognition,"

The New Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon (page 237):
1. Precise and correct knowledge
2. Knowledge of things ethical and divine
3. Of God, especially knowledge of His holy will and of the blessings which He has bestowed and constantly bestows on men through Christ
4. Of Christ, i.e., the true knowledge of Christ’s nature, dignity, benefits
5. Of God and Christ, i.e., to keep the knowledge of the one true God which has illumined the soul

Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament, volume 2, page 25:
1. Knowledge as recognition of the will of God that is effective in the conduct of the one who knows God
2. Christian faith

Notice that LAST definition of "Christian faith".
That's about the size of it - and that's the kind of person spoken of in verses like
Heb. 10:26-27 and 2 Pet. 2:20-22 that can LOSE their security.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you realize that all your hilarious speech.....all this "crushed, epic fail, destroyed you"......all this sounds like you are 12 yrs old and think you are playing X-Box.
You are a laughing bag everytime you post to me, and others, as we can see you as a 12 yr old, in your mother's bedroom..on her Laptop.....saying outloud to me as you post here..>"i got you this time""", BAM.....DESTROYED... SMASHED...GOTCHA"......click, click, click,..... like you are playing a video game.
You're hilarious, son.
Thanks for the continuous laugh track, (all your posts) as you've given me and others here a lot of them, and no doubt we can look for more.
Too funny.

Listen you are a Cult of Mary who twists beads and prays to plastic statues, so, who can take such a deceived person seriously?
Understand?
I respond to you, because it keeps my Threads bumped to the top, so that new people can read the topic and see the Light.
So, you are useful to me in this way..
You remind me of a book that was put out a few years ago...."Useful Idiots".
So, you are useful to me on my Threads, as you are so ego-centric and self centered, and so theologically malformed.
Thank you for bumping my Threads. As this helps others, which is my reason for being here.

And i rarely respond to any type of post that is filled with unending and wrongly divided verses.
I call this type of ignorant posting...>"a waterfall of verses", and the people who do this are always playing games and never are they true.

Now, the reason you have issues with "OSAS"< is because you dont understand what this term actually means.
But i have taken the time today, to respond to your false understanding, in a previous post, so i hope that helps you.

And keep in mind, your Catholic Cult of Mary, teaches that : The CROSS + Works = Salvation, and that the city water system is "water regeneration" of the Spirit.
So, those are Grace denying heresies, and its typical of all cults that reject God's Grace= by changing the Gospel of Grace into the Gospel of Works.
That what you do, because you are such an over the top and silly product of your Cult of Mary.
Your cult of Mary and you, are Galatians 1:8.
Just as I thought - more impotent ad hominems and more FAILURE.
Why are you so afraid to address those verses that obliterate your OSAS farce?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL and praise the Lord! There is an ignore button that applies to every person and I did indeed press that button concerning you. I'm pretty certain I have missed a few of your posts because they didn't show up on my screen...

But when it says "Ignored Member" as being the last one who posted in a thread, I will often peek in and see what you are up to.

But concerning your attacks on my character, those will continue to be ignored by me if they ever come up again.

Only in your own mind.

Of course...and we will remain faithful because we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) who motivates us to remain faithful (see Philippians 2:13).

And also, we shall not depart from Him because we have the fear of the LORD in us (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv)).

And also, it is clear from holy scripture that no one can snatch us out of His hand (John 10:27-30).

I suppose I got those in the reverse order, and I expect I will have to quote the first verses (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv) and Psalms 19:9 (kjv)) in order to deal with the argument that I can foresee is coming.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that LAST definition of "Christian faith".
Notice that in Luke 8:13, the person who falls away has "Christian faith" yet has no root in himself and therefore falls away.

So, it appears that there is a faith that is a step up from epignosis...

Because there is obviously a faith that results in everlasting life (John 6:47)...life that can never come to an end.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife,

I suggest that you show how each of your scriptures does not contradict the plain meaning of what Jesus says verily, verily, to us, in John 5:24 (kjv)...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that in Luke 8:13, the person who falls away has "Christian faith" yet has no root in himself and therefore falls away.

So, it appears that there is a faith that is a step up from epignosis...

Because there is obviously a faith that results in everlasting life (John 6:47)...life that can never come to an end.
I suggest that you show how each of your scriptures does not contradict the plain meaning of what Jesus says verily, verily, to us, in John 5:24 (kjv)...
I don't know HOW many times I have to warn you about cherry-picking verses OUT of context.
The CONTEXT of the Gospel message is that we HAVE everlasting life in Christ - IF WE REMAIN IN HIM . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.

Matt. 24:13; cf. 25:31–46
"He who endures to the end will be saved"

Matthew 10:22
All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

John 15:1-6
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

1 Timothy 4:1
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, IF WE HOLD ON TO OUR COURAGE AND THE HOPE OF WHICH WE BOAST.

I can go on and on.
There are MANY verses with this same context . . .

Reactions: friend of

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course...and we will remain faithful because we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) who motivates us to remain faithful (see Philippians 2:13).

And also, we shall not depart from Him because we have the fear of the LORD in us (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv)).

And also, it is clear from holy scripture that no one can snatch us out of His hand (John 10:27-30).

I suppose I got those in the reverse order, and I expect I will have to quote the first verses (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv) and Psalms 19:9 (kjv)) in order to deal with the argument that I can foresee is coming.
No we won't - not if we don't cooperate with God's Grace . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know HOW many times I have to warn you about cherry-picking verses OUT of context.

What you mean by this, is that you don't like the truths that are proclaimed by the specific verses that I quote or reference. Now I have expounded on John 5:24 (kjv)...and I adjure you to expound on the verses that you think contradict it. Really, you are responsible to explain how your verses don't contradict John 5:24 (kjv). Otherwise you are the one who is cherry-picking...pitting scripture against scripture. The fact that you cherry-pick many verses does not make it any less cherry-picking.

The CONTEXT of the Gospel message is that we HAVE everlasting life in Christ - IF WE REMAIN IN HIM . . .

I have no disagreement with you there.

However, being sealed by the Holy Ghost means that He is an influence within us...He has changed our very nature so that we will remain in Him (see Philippians 2:13).

Also, the nature of everlasting life is that it can never come to an end.

No we won't - not if we don't cooperate with God's Grace . . .

And I'm saying that when a person is born again of the Holy Spirit his very nature is changed (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)) so that he cannot but "cooperate with God's grace", as you put it.

It is not that he is made into a robot...it is that he is changed from a dog or a swine into a sheep.

Dogs return to their vomit and a pig to its wallowing in the mud...but a sheep hates vomit and mud.

Place a pig in the palace and it will run to the mudpit first chance it gets...put a sheep in mud and it will run to water first chance it gets.

A sheep is not a pig because it is located in the mud, and a pig is not a sheep because it is located in the palace.

It is the nature of a sheep to, as you put it, "cooperate with God's grace"...he cannot do anything but that.

Again, if you put a sheep in the mud, it will run to the water first chance it gets...that is its nature

Jesus doesn't judge us by whether we are in the mud or in the palace...He judges us by what we are.

"Ye must be born again." (John 3:7).

Are you a sheep or are you a dog/swine?

If you are the latter, then you have to muster up "cooperation with God's grace" in order to keep yourself "saved".

But if you are the former, there is no self-effort involved in abiding. You simply live according to the new nature that the Lord has given to you.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The argument never came...which indicates to me that you (@BreadOfLife) can see that I have made an airtight case for eternal security (I have been arguing for POTS; and not for OSAS).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you are saying, 'We see,' so your sin remains.

Peace!
Yes take note of who HE was talking to. There are many who need to take note of what they quote.