• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Allah is actually the moon god; as he was picked out from many idols by Mohammed in order to form a monotheistic religion.

When you call out to God, it is important that you call out to Him as "Abba" (Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6).
In my native language bible, the Abba Father was named as Allah (Malachi 2:10; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6).
I think the moon gods that worshiped by moslem was Al-lat (letter T) the misspelled of the word Allah. And because the Lord God always comes to mankind with the flaming spirit like Moses saw in burned bush (Exodus 3:1-10), so many people in OC named Abraham's God as Allah. Because in OC, God was sit upon the Cherubim (1 Samuel 4:4; 2 Samuel 6:2; 2 Kings 19:15; Psalms 99:1; Isaiah 37:16).

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

Acts 9:31 talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region.
The language used here describes the Catholic Church:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance which is used by Protestants AND Catholics alike – the verse is translated as:
“The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"Kata-holos"
= CATHOLIC.

Now - the REAL challenge is trying to find the terms:
"Lutheran Church" or "Baptist church" or "Bible Church" or "Non-Denominational Evangelical Church", etc . . .
Ok, so all of our English Bibles are wrong and you are right?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so all of our English Bibles are wrong and you are right?
The NT wasn't written in English.

If you don't believe what I posted about the phrase in Acts 9:31 (εκκλησια καθ ολης) - then PLEASE look it up for yourself.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really like Andrew Farley, but he is a big time Acts 2:38 dodger.

I had a brief online debate with him about water baptism essentiality but as he could not answer my questions, he gave up.

I still like his other teachings though.

I hope he realizes one must obey Acts 2:38 to be saved before the Lord returns.
Kii

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT wasn't written in English.

If you don't believe what I posted about the phrase in Acts 9:31 (εκκλησια καθ ολης) - then PLEASE look it up for yourself.
So you are saying you're a Greek expert and all of our English Bibles are wrong? What are you credentials for declaring yourself to be qualified to reject our English Bibles?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying you're a Greek expert and all of our English Bibles are wrong? What are you credentials for declaring yourself to be qualified to reject our English Bibles?
When did I say that??

Not only did I NOT say that - I even challenged YOU to research it for yourself.
Go online or get a Strong's Lexicon or a Vine's Expository and look up Acts 9:31 to get the literal Greek translation.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome. I still save some of his lessons that are relevant and scripturally accurate and forward them as needed.

His teaching style is great. I spoke to him for the 1st time over his radio(sirius) program about the Law/Grace debate. He got my attention saying the Law is still in effect only for the unsaved, and saints are free from it.(which I was already espousing).

It snowballed from there.

Yes! I too called in a few times over the years to his program. Remember when he was teaching on all the verses in the Word that make Christians shake in their boots? Not the actual title, lol...I had in boxed him about the "spewing the lukewarm Christians out of His mouth"...he said he liked the question and put it in his teaching. So, he taught about the cold water aqueducts turning lukewarm by the time it hit Laodicea...or some such.
I'd watch sermon after sermon of His for a very long time and always, always came away with something...and yes, he has an awesome teaching style. At this point now, I will catch his program now and then and sometimes watch his Sunday services as...I feel as though I have learned from him what God wanted me to. Hmm...now i will have to check out his sermon for today :D

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus isn't Catholic
OP ^

Pretty confidant Jesus is Christ the Lord, Head of His Church, and adding new members to His Church daily.

Glory to God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is perhaps the BIGGEST LIE you've told yet.
I never stopped refuting OSAS. NOBODY has refuted the verses I have presented.

What else am I supposed to say until there is a response to my rock-solid case against this man-made invention??
That is too hilarious.

I have made an airtight case for eternal security and you have been unable to refute it.

And you calling me a liar again, I will count it as par for the course...apparently you do that with everyone who disagrees with you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my native language bible, the Abba Father was named as Allah (Malachi 2:10; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6).
I think the moon gods that worshiped by moslem was Al-lat (letter T) the misspelled of the word Allah. And because the Lord God always comes to mankind with the flaming spirit like Moses saw in burned bush (Exodus 3:1-10), so many people in OC named Abraham's God as Allah. Because in OC, God was sit upon the Cherubim (1 Samuel 4:4; 2 Samuel 6:2; 2 Kings 19:15; Psalms 99:1; Isaiah 37:16).
My wife's sister had a husband who got born again (he became a Christian after being a Muslim) and was given the gift of prophecy as a gift of the Holy Spirit. His name was Mohammed.

So I guess there is a loophole that can be given, so that a man can say, "Allah is the Arabic name for God and Mohammed was his prophet" and yet not be a Muslim.

He was murdered by his Muslim "brothers and sisters" because of the implications, impaho.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church was called in NT times, "Christians" "The Way" and "the sect of the Nazarenes."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is too hilarious.
I have made an airtight case for eternal security and you have been unable to refute it.
By completely ignoring and running away from the following verses that NONE of you can seem to address?

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God “take away” somebody’s “share” of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did I say that??

Not only did I NOT say that - I even challenged YOU to research it for yourself.
Go online or get a Strong's Lexicon or a Vine's Expository and look up Acts 9:31 to get the literal Greek translation.
Well since you're not a Greek Language expert I'll stick with our English Christian Bibles. No "Catholic".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since you're not a Greek Language expert I'll stick with our English Christian Bibles. No "Catholic".
Suit yourself.
The Bible was written in English . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By completely ignoring and running away from the following verses that NONE of you can seem to address?

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God “take away” somebody’s “share” of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

You have cherry-picked all of those verses...:eek::D:p

Your contentions are answered simply by the fact that certain believers are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) until the day of redemption. He, and His influence in their lives, is their motivation for continuing in the faith.

There are some believers who can fall away (Luke 8:13)...their faith was nominal, lukewarm, or shallow. These had no root in themselves; they were not sealed by the Spirit of the living God.

Other believers cannot fall away. Their faith is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14); a faith that endures unto everlasting life (John 6:47). Tell me please how everlasting life can ever come to an end, without losing its designation of everlasting (and it also would have never been everlasting, but temporal, if it ever came to an end).

Those who have the fear of the LORD (who heed the verses that you purport say a man can lose his salvation) will never depart from the LORD (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv)).

And also, no one can snatch them out of God's hand (John 10:27-30).

They also, shall not come into condemnation; but have passed from death unto everlasting life; from the moment of first faith (John 5:24 (kjv))

Soooo - is YOUR sect called any of those names?

I used to attend a Church of the Nazarene.

Suit yourself.
The Bible was written in English . . .

That is correct.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have cherry-picked all of those verses...

Your contentions are answered simply by the fact that certain believers are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) until the day of redemption.

There are some believers who can fall away (Luke 8:13)...their faith was nominal, lukewarm, or shallow.

Other believers cannot fall away. Their faith is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14); a faith that endures unto everlasting life (John 6:47). Tell me please how everlasting life can ever come to an end, without losing its designation of everlasting (and it also would have never been everlasting, but temporal, if it ever came to an end).

Those who have the fear of the LORD (who heed the verses that you purport say a man can lose his salvation) will never depart from the LORD (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv)).

And also, no one can snatch them out of God's hand (John 10:27-30).

They also, shall not come into condemnation; but have passed from death unto everlasting life; from the moment of first faith (John 5:24 (kjv))
Apparently you don't understand what Scriptural "cherry-picking" actually is.
It is taking a singe verse here and there OUT of context to and forming doctrines around it.

I presented close to TWO DOZEN passages of Scripture that show a complete context of a doctrinal position.
That's how you're SUPPOSED to rightly divide the Word . . .
I used to attend a Church of the Nazarene.
And it was called "The sect of Nazarenes"??
I don't think so . . .

Besides - "Church of the Nazarene" was founded NOT by Christ - but by a man named Phineas Bresee in 1894.
That is correct.
No - that is INCORRECT.
I was merely humoring your friend.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you don't understand what Scriptural "cherry-picking" actually is.
It is taking a singe verse here and there OUT of context to and forming doctrines around it.

That is what you did, with each of the verses that you quoted.

I presented close to TWO DOZEN passages of Scripture that show a complete context of a doctrinal position.
That's how you're SUPPOSED to rightly divide the Word . . .

Except you didn't show the complete context...you failed to quote contrasting verses...so you cherry-picked the verses that you wanted in order to substantiate your pov.

Next time, show how your verses don't contradict John 5:24 (kjv). That way we know that you aren't pitting scripture against scripture...in other words, cherry-picking.

No - that is INCORRECT.
I was merely humoring your friend.

The Bible was indeed written in English...the Bible that I read every day is written in English...how then can the Bible not be written in English?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it was called "The sect of Nazarenes"??
I don't think so . . .

Pretty close to it.

Besides - "Church of the Nazarene" was founded NOT by Christ - but by a man named Phineas Bresee in 1894.

I believe that the man was Spirit-led to start the church...and in that sense it was in fact founded by Christ.