Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You defense for Oneness..

Pentecostal/Charismatics are sharing the same bed.

So are the Catholics since they were using tongues as a sign as proof that they were keeping the doctrines of the church within. Indeed, it is a Catholic teaching to seek the gifts of the Spirit FROM the Holy Spirit as if the Holy Spirit is also a Mediator between God and men; NOT! 1 Timothy 2:5

The way has been broaden in the worship place to include the worship of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son so that by addressing the Holy Spirit in worship by prayer and hymns, they are allowing spirits of the antichrist to come in with their signs of visitations. Indeed, some will be moderately mild by inviting the Holy Spirit to come and just feel His Presence in the place but that is the definition of the antichrist as deferring from the real indwelling Holy Spirit when testing the spirits ( 1 John 4:1 & 1 John 4:3-4 )

Oneness has the Holy Spirit in them; it is opening themselves up to receiving what they believe is the Holy Spirit again or for the first time apart from salvation in getting this tongue that never comes with interpretation is the apostasy.. the spiritual fornication; the spiritual adultery they are committing as they utter the depths of Satan for which they speak as warned towards the church at Thyatira in Revelation 2nd chapter.

As it is... a brief summary of Oneness is below:

What are the beliefs of Jesus only / oneness Pentecostals?

"Answer: The "Jesus Only" movement, also known as Oneness Pentecostalism or oneness theology, teaches that there is only one God, but denies the tri-unity of God. In other words, oneness theology does not recognize the distinct persons of the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It has various forms—some see Jesus Christ as the one God, who sometimes manifests Himself as the Father or the Holy Spirit. The core doctrine of Oneness Pentecostal / Jesus Only is that Jesus is the Father and Jesus is the Spirit. There is one God who reveals Himself in different "modes." "

When they treat the Holy Spirit as if He is the actual Jesus, then their focus is on the Spirit and not really "Jesus only". They relate to the "Spirit" as if He is the go to in coming to God the Father by. He is not. Jesus said so and He meant it that He is the only way to come to the Father by.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That is why you have chaos and confusion in their movements of the "Spirit" because that is not the Holy Spirit coming in those visitations since God is NOT the author of confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

There can be no loss of self control since temperance is a fruit of the Spirit and a house divided cannot stand and thus the confusion is not of Him.

So I know your foundation, are you a Cessationist? What Covenant are you in???

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I know your foundation, are you a Cessationist? What Covenant are you in???

I believe in God's gift of tongues to be of other men's lips to speak unto the people as prophesied for what God's gift of tongues are for; 1 Corinthians 14:20-21

It is not to serve as a sign or proof towards the believers but towards the unbelievers ( 1 Corinthians 14:22 )

In ALL BIBLE VERSIONS, the Holy Spirit CANNOT SPEAK FOR HIMSELF but speaks what He hears ( John 16:13 ) THAT means He cannot use God's gift of tongues for uttering His own intercessions.

And this is where corrupt modern Bibles get it wrong in Romans 8:26-27 BECAUSE the KJV has the Holy Spirit unable to even utter His groanings !!!!

That is why in the KJV of Romans 8:27, Another does gives His intercessions for the Holy Spirit by KNOWING the mind of the Spirit BECAUSE it is the will of God of there being only One Mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus at that throne of grace. It is at that throne of grace where the Word of God searches our hearts as identifying the Son as that Other that knows the mind of the Spirit in Romans 8:27.

There is a supernatural tongue in the world before God's gift of tongues had come at Pentecost that was and still is gibberish nonsense. Isaiah 8:19 This is after the rudiment in the world in how people seek in receiving spirits after a sign as they speak as the world speaks ( 1 John 4:5-6 ) for why we are to not believe every spirit but test them ( 1 John 4:1 ).

But people will love that second blessing.. that extra phenomenon apart from salvation to love their vain babbling more than keeping the faith in Jesus Christ. They are blind to how tongues without interpretation cannot be of Him when it is confusing to the tongue speaker being without interpretation.

For God to speak through any one to establish a testimony, it is by 2 or 3 witnesses. That is why they have 2 or 3 witnesses that prophesy and another judge it and two or three speaks in tongues while another interprets.

Tongues is not for private use. They just assume it is because it comes with no interpretation which should prove it is not God's gift of tongues, and neither how they got that kind of tongues which is of the world long before Pentecost had come with the real God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people.

So do take time out and pray normally to the Lord Jesus Christ at that throne of grace for help and wisdom in these latter days where faith is hard to find because that vain babbling that comes with no interpretation as gained by receiving a spirit apart from the belief of the truth in the calling of the gospel is of confusion which God is not the author of. So pray now.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you mean the serpent on the pole? What about it? Long after the snakes were gone, the Jews kept worshiping it, turning it into an idol. It was only to be looked upon, and was a foreshadow of Jesus on the cross. Hezekiah destroyed it, so it couldn't be worshiped any longer. They had a living God, not one made of brass and wood.

A very good picture of today don't you think?

Reactions: bbyrd009

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in God's gift of tongues to be of other men's lips to speak unto the people as prophesied for what God's gift of tongues are for; 1 Corinthians 14:20-21

It is not to serve as a sign or proof towards the believers but towards the unbelievers ( 1 Corinthians 14:22 )

In ALL BIBLE VERSIONS, the Holy Spirit CANNOT SPEAK FOR HIMSELF but speaks what He hears ( John 16:13 ) THAT means He cannot use God's gift of tongues for uttering His own intercessions.

And this is where corrupt modern Bibles get it wrong in Romans 8:26-27 BECAUSE the KJV has the Holy Spirit unable to even utter His groanings !!!!

That is why in the KJV of Romans 8:27, Another does gives His intercessions for the Holy Spirit by KNOWING the mind of the Spirit BECAUSE it is the will of God of there being only One Mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus at that throne of grace. It is at that throne of grace where the Word of God searches our hearts as identifying the Son as that Other that knows the mind of the Spirit in Romans 8:27.

There is a supernatural tongue in the world before God's gift of tongues had come at Pentecost that was and still is gibberish nonsense. Isaiah 8:19 This is after the rudiment in the world in how people seek in receiving spirits after a sign as they speak as the world speaks ( 1 John 4:5-6 ) for why we are to not believe every spirit but test them ( 1 John 4:1 ).

But people will love that second blessing.. that extra phenomenon apart from salvation to love their vain babbling more than keeping the faith in Jesus Christ. They are blind to how tongues without interpretation cannot be of Him when it is confusing to the tongue speaker being without interpretation.

For God to speak through any one to establish a testimony, it is by 2 or 3 witnesses. That is why they have 2 or 3 witnesses that prophesy and another judge it and two or three speaks in tongues while another interprets.

Tongues is not for private use. They just assume it is because it comes with no interpretation which should prove it is not God's gift of tongues, and neither how they got that kind of tongues which is of the world long before Pentecost had come with the real God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people.

So do take time out and pray normally to the Lord Jesus Christ at that throne of grace for help and wisdom in these latter days where faith is hard to find because that vain babbling that comes with no interpretation as gained by receiving a spirit apart from the belief of the truth in the calling of the gospel is of confusion which God is not the author of. So pray now.

Discussing this would be off topic, and I don't have time to get into it, but I DID read your opening sentence, and your beliefs are completely unscriptural, though I can see how you would think what you do.

The key rule regarding the manifestation of either our prayer language, or the gift of tongues requiring interpretation is that NO MAN UNDERSTANDS THEM. Any theory that says it for preaching to others of other languages for them to understand naturally, is in complete contradiction to this key safe guard against false teaching verse. Note, this rule verse is at the BEGINNING of Paul's teaching to set the foundation.

1 Corinthians 14:2 "For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries."

Once you let the Word teach you, and not some denomination give a human reasoning, you can understand the whole subject of gifts of the Spirit.

Gotta run. Seeing as this is off topic, we can talk later in private if this subject interests you. However, I'm one of those you accuse of being antichrist, so don't know if you can receive from me or not. My foundation is the Word of God, and I don't change it to fit my experience or lack thereof. In fact my experience bears witness to the truth of the written Word.

Reactions: Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A very good picture of today don't you think?

Personally, I think because they burnt incense to it, actually worshiping brass and wood, that made it idolatrous because it lost its true meaning. I'm not against paintings of Jesus. The Jews had other things that foreshadowed Jesus - the table of showbread, the Menorah, the laver of water. All these Jesus quoted of Himself - Bread of Life, Light of the World, Living Water... But the Jews didn't worship these things in the Tabernacle.

But I know what you mean. There is something terribly wrong when the eyes of a statue of Mary cries water or blood, and people start worshiping that statue. Their focus is off Jesus, and possibly on something totally deceiving.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I know what you mean. There is something terribly wrong when the eyes of a statue of Mary cries water or blood, and people start worshiping that statue. Their focus is off Jesus, and possibly on something totally deceiving.

I guess I took for granted that you would know what I mean...like read my thoughts :)
I should have posted a bit more I guess.

I wan't meaning anything to do with Catholics or the idols etc...but with the whole modern Church of today. Any church. They have recreated God in their own imagination.
I was thinking of Romans 1.23
"And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

They have taken the glory of Emanuel GOD with us, and shrunk Him into the Jesus who walked this earth for 33 years. And that is about as far as they can see. They forget He "laid aside" His glory to come here to earth...
( and I actually don't like pictures of Jesus as man has painted him and locked Him into, in peoples minds.)

But, don't mind me, it's just one of my pet peeve . :D

Welcome to the Site.

Reactions: bbyrd009

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discussing this would be off topic, and I don't have time to get into it, but I DID read your opening sentence, and your beliefs are completely unscriptural, though I can see how you would think what you do.

The key rule regarding the manifestation of either our prayer language, or the gift of tongues requiring interpretation is that NO MAN UNDERSTANDS THEM. Any theory that says it for preaching to others of other languages for them to understand naturally, is in complete contradiction to this key safe guard against false teaching verse. Note, this rule verse is at the BEGINNING of Paul's teaching to set the foundation.

Let's look at the verse outside of your quote so others can read it too.

1 Corinthians 14:2 "For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries."

The verse above is Paul meaning that God understands what the person is saying in tongues; and not men; that is not saying that the person whereby His gift of tongues is being manifested is the Holy Spirit speaking to God, because the Holy Spirit is NOT speaking MYSTERIES to God because how can anything be a MYSTERY to God? That would be akin to say that the Holy Spirit is speaking to God and God does not understand it because it is a mystery. So are you going to go with that interpretation that the Holy Spirit is speaking mysteries to God?

So what is Paul talking about? We go to the first verse.

1 Corinthians 14:1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Paul is saying to believers that if any desire spiritual gifts, to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts in the very first verse and why in verse 5. He is explaining why by comparing the singular gift of tongues against the singular gift of prophesy in how much better not to seek that gift of tongue because it is not a stand alone gift when it needs interpretation so that the tongue once interpreted can be fruitful to the tongue speaker, but prophesy is a stand alone gift for why saved believers should seek that gift over all spiritual gifts.

1 Corinthians 14:11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me. 12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

In context from the beginning of the chapter, Paul was not testifying that tongues does not need interpretation for when a person is speaking in tongues for self edification when Paul testified that any one speaking in tongues, including himself, tongue speakers are to pray that another may interpret so that the tongue speaker may understand it and that tongue once interpreted will be fruitful to the tongue speaker.

Once you let the Word teach you, and not some denomination give a human reasoning, you can understand the whole subject of gifts of the Spirit.

When a denomination is named after the day of Pentecost, it is pretty much seeking the glory of that day rather than His glory by the calling of the gospel.

They are not receiving that gift of tongue at the calling of the gospel but another calling which is why it never comes with interpretation.

Gotta run. Seeing as this is off topic, we can talk later in private if this subject interests you. However, I'm one of those you accuse of being antichrist, so don't know if you can receive from me or not. My foundation is the Word of God, and I don't change it to fit my experience or lack thereof. In fact my experience bears witness to the truth of the written Word.

Actually, tongue speakers has a tendency of using verses to fit their experiences in the Bible rather than discerning the experience by the Bible. Scripture cannot go against scripture. One can tell when they are misapplying scripture when it runs against other scripture and blurring it so that no saved believer can discern the supernatural tongue from the supernatural tongue as found in world's religions, the occult, and cults in christianity.

As for the topic, the OP is overlooking the offense that the high priest cited Christ's answer as blasphemy whereby He did testified in the words He has used that He was and is God. That was why He was crucified. It wasn't for overdue library books.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The verse above is Paul meaning that God understands what the person is saying in tongues; and not men; that is not saying that the person whereby His gift of tongues is being manifested is the Holy Spirit speaking to God, because the Holy Spirit is NOT speaking MYSTERIES to God because how can anything be a MYSTERY to God? That would be akin to say that the Holy Spirit is speaking to God and God does not understand it because it is a mystery. So are you going to go with that interpretation that the Holy Spirit is speaking mysteries to God?

This sounds like the heresy that the gift of tongues referred to in this verse is of the devil, because if it was God, He would already know all mysteries. Are you quoting JM or MU?

1 Corinthians 14:1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Paul is saying to believers that if any desire spiritual gifts, to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts in the very first verse and why in verse 5. He is explaining why by comparing the singular gift of tongues against the singular gift of prophesy in how much better not to seek that gift of tongue because it is not a stand alone gift when it needs interpretation so that the tongue once interpreted can be fruitful to the tongue speaker, but prophesy is a stand alone gift for why saved believers should seek that gift over all spiritual gifts.

Here you show you are unaware there are TWO manifestations of speaking in tongues. The first is given to all who believe, and allows us to pray supernatural prayer and praise as on the Day of Pentecost. This you can do alone without requiring interpretation. However, the gifts of the Spirit were given to the same group in an additional filling in Acts 4. Here are the gifts of the Spirit being given to the Church for boldness in ministry with signs and wonders, which would include prophecy, but also diverse kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues. Of course, Paul wants us to grow into interpretation, that is always required for the gift of diverse kinds of tongues, but can be operated to understand our prayer language; it just isn't a rule. Sometimes the mysteries being spoken by the Spirit are none of our business, especially when praying for someone else in intercession.

Besides comparing our prayer language to prophecy. Paul is also comparing our prayer language to the gifts of diverse kinds of tongues and interpretation, which combined IS equal to prophecy. The message is FROM God TO man, not the other way around with our prayer and praise language we speak TO God.

Most of the time we are by ourselves. Our prayer language can edify ourselves. But in a congregational setting, the gift of diverse kinds of tongues with interpretation is allowed, but only 2-3, and only when the person with the gift of interpreter is present. Except when all may praise God together in perfect praise by the Spirit, as a choir. But only if all present are informed and practicing. Otherwise, it could cause others to stumble and speak against this peculiar manifestation of the Spirit, bringing judgment upon themselves.

In context from the beginning of the chapter, Paul was not testifying that tongues does not need interpretation for when a person is speaking in tongues for self edification when Paul testified that any one speaking in tongues, including himself, tongue speakers are to pray that another may interpret so that the tongue speaker may understand it and that tongue once interpreted will be fruitful to the tongue speaker.

I agree regarding the gift of diverse kinds of tongues. It is a rule that the interpreter must be present with the supernatural gift of interpretation. Otherwise, the one receiving a message in tongues, just speak to himself and God. However, seeing as on the Day of Pentecost 120 followers of Jesus were ALL PRAISING IN TONGUES TOGETHER, Paul is not referring to the rule of 2-3 only. But God, on the Day of Pentecost allowed His people, the devout Jews, to interpret the tongues, each hearing all of them speaking His own language.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I took for granted that you would know what I mean...like read my thoughts :)
I should have posted a bit more I guess.

I wan't meaning anything to do with Catholics or the idols etc...but with the whole modern Church of today. Any church. They have recreated God in their own imagination.
I was thinking of Romans 1.23
"And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

They have taken the glory of Emanuel GOD with us, and shrunk Him into the Jesus who walked this earth for 33 years. And that is about as far as they can see. They forget He "laid aside" His glory to come here to earth...
( and I actually don't like pictures of Jesus as man has painted him and locked Him into, in peoples minds.)

But, don't mind me, it's just one of my pet peeve . :D

Welcome to the Site.

I'm not speaking against the core beliefs of the RCC or Orthodox churches. But the mystery religion of mother and child goddess being added to the Church, is outside core beliefs

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you base your statue worship judgement based on facts or what you read in the news?
Have you written affidavits from eye witnesses who have seen this unusual phenomenon and would testify to worshiping a statue?
Are you aware that Mary can do nothing without God?
Do you believe that God can do all things, but not that?
If such strange things happen, and they get lot of attention, is it the fault of the Catholic Church?
Did you know that in such cases where there is a lot of public attention, the bishop orders a scientific investigation to rule out hoaxes?
I was at the Toronto Blessing years ago, and people were hysterically claiming their fillings had turned to gold!
Statues in Asia are made to cry, bleed, or exude oil. It's a hoax.
You can buy a bleeding/crying statue off the internet.
My dear, it doesn't matter if a statue bleeds, cries, changes color or flies around,
statue worship is a serious sin.
Let's have an agreement: you don't jump to foolish conclusions about statue worship at the expensive of Catholics and I won't ridicule your prejudice and ignorance. Deal?

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers

discussion forum on weeping statues

Official Church teaching on idolatry CCC2112-2114

Scientific Evidence for Miracles page 1: examination of the Lourdes rules for miracel acceptence.

Did you know that Ralph Martin (and others) prominent figures of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, spoke timeless prophecies before the Pope and several bishops, and it was well received?

PROPHECIES GIVEN AT ST. PETER’S BASILICA DURING THE CLOSING EUCHARIST ON PENTECOST MONDAY—MAY 1975
Posture in prayer does not mean worship. Otherwise, you guys would be guilty of worshiping the ceiling with hands raised. So no, 1stCenturyLady, Catholics don't worship statues.

922786_10200624764135519_1810919059_n.jpg

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you base your statue worship judgement based on facts or what you read in the news?
Have you written affidavits from eye witnesses who have seen this unusual phenomenon and would testify to worshiping a statue?
If such strange things happen, and they get lot of attention, is it the fault of the Catholic Church?
Did you know that in such cases where there is a lot of public attention, the bishop orders a scientific investigation to rule out hoaxes?
I was at the Toronto Blessing years ago, and people were hysterically claiming their fillings had turned to gold!
My dear, it doesn't matter if a statue bleeds, cries, changes color or flies around,
Let's have an agreement: you don't jump to foolish conclusions about statue worship at the expensive of Catholics and I won't ridicule your prejudice and ignorance. Deal?

Scientific Evidence for Miracles page 1: examination of the Lourdes rules for miracel acceptence.

Did you know that Ralph Martin (and others) prominent figures of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, spoke prophecy before the Pope and several bishops, and it was well received?

PROPHECIES GIVEN AT ST. PETER’S BASILICA DURING THE CLOSING EUCHARIST ON PENTECOST MONDAY—MAY 1975
Posture in prayer does not mean worship. Otherwise, you guys would be guilty of worshiping the ceiling with hands raised. So no, 1stCenturyLady, Catholics don't worship statues.

Oh no!!
Don't tell me you are locked out of Epostle1 now??
Here you are posting with your second avatar...goodness you get me all confused. :D

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh no!!
Don't tell me you are locked out of Epostle1 now??
Here you are posting with your second avatar...goodness you get me all confused. :D
You're confused??? kepha31 got excommunicated and this "EPOSTLE" pops up out of nowhere. I wrote to the forum police.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ok ty Reggie, but i'm not sure why you tagged me if you are not going to address the post?
Or i guess you did, but i am not making the connection, sorry;
Strong Men are not addressed, Two Greeks are not, Nehushtan is not, etc?
i might ask if Emmanuel is the same understanding that ppl who are waiting for Jesus to physically return hold, do you think?
the two understandings seem mutually exclusive to me anyway
No the Bible points to a Angel said to his step father that his Name shall be Emmanuel, so he understands who he is.
Just as it is that we should understand just as they did 2000 years ago.

The two most important words to understand who he truly is, Emmanuel and Jesus, as this sets the foundations for what he is "God with us" ! and what he is "Salvation".
So it sets the tone of who he is, it's a foundation.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you know that Ralph Martin (and others) prominent figures of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, spoke timeless prophecies before the Pope and several bishops, and it was well received?

The pope can claim Catholics don't worship Mary all he wants; and true Catholics don't, but the Catholic people of some provinces will do it anyway, especially when these phenomena happen. The point is Jesus does not get glory, MARY DOES. Satan doesn't care if Mary gets glory, just as long as it takes our eyes off Jesus. That is the point. And it is funny how these posts against the demonstrations of Satan get honored, and revivals of Jesus get bashed. Great example of wrong is right, and right is wrong.

As far as the Tornonto Blessing, and other revivals around the world - it is Jesus who gets the glory, and many are saved. I personally know someone and his wife who found they both had a gold tooth during a revival in Japan. And they still have them. They are worshipers of Jesus, not His mother. He is the only WAY. These are manifestations of the glory of God. It is interesting that Mary sheds tears. Tears? That is not about the Gospel of Good News, just the opposite, naturally. And you are right, Mary could do nothing of herself, just like every other human being.

The Supernatural is real, and up to God. But Satan will always get his 2 cents in too to change the direction by means of counterfeits. Just because something is supernatural doesn't mean it is always of God. Nor of Satan. Discern WHO it is that gets glory.

Last edited:

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The pope can claim Catholics don't worship Mary all he wants; and true Catholics don't, but the Catholic people of some provinces will do it anyway, especially when these phenomena happen. The point is Jesus does not get glory, MARY DOES. Satan doesn't care if Mary gets glory, just as long as it takes our eyes off Jesus. That is the point. And it is funny how these posts against the demonstrations of Satan get honored, and revivals of Jesus get bashed. Great example of wrong is right, and right is wrong.

As far as the Tornonto Blessing, and other revivals around the world - it is Jesus who gets the glory, and many are saved. I personally know someone and his wife who found they both had a gold tooth during a revival in Japan. And they still have them. They are worshipers of Jesus, not His mother. He is the only WAY. These are manifestations of the glory of God. It is interesting that Mary sheds tears. Tears? That is not about the Gospel of Good News, just the opposite, naturally. And you are right, Mary could do nothing of herself, just like every other human being.

The Supernatural is real, and up to God. But Satan will always get his 2 cents in too to change the direction by means of counterfeits. Just because something is supernatural doesn't mean it is always of God. Nor of Satan. Discern WHO it is that gets glory.
This is standard anti-Catholic ignorance. I challenge you to find a single official Catholic document in a 2000 year period that instructs Catholics to worship Mary. What you are doing, and you do it automatically, is persecuting a bother in the name of Jesus. Blind prejudice is not a gift of the Holy Spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i might ask if Emmanuel is the same understanding that ppl who are waiting for Jesus to physically return hold, do you think?
the two understandings seem mutually exclusive to me anyway
No the Bible points to a Angel said to his step father that his Name shall be Emmanuel, so he understands who he is.
Just as it is that we should understand just as they did 2000 years ago.

The two most important words to understand who he truly is, Emmanuel and Jesus, as this sets the foundations for what he is "God with us" ! and what he is "Salvation".
So it sets the tone of who he is, it's a foundation.
ok, but once again i don't see my Q being addressed Reg, sorry.

[Jesus (Joshua, dialectically Isaiah) was apparently a very common name then, like John is to us now i guess.
And Scripture seems to go to some lengths to make this plain; there are five (5) diff Jesuses in the Bible i guess?]

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prejudice is not evidence.

Third party evidence is hearsay, it's not evidence. Confirmation from a dentist in writing is evidence.

I think you miss the point. Any and all Marian devotion that fails to lead to Jesus is a false, counterfeit devotion. Just as the whole purpose of her being is to bring Christ to the world, her desire is to bring the wold to Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
My foundation is the Word of God, and I don't change it to fit my experience or lack thereof.
In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God
In fact my experience bears witness to the truth of the written Word.
could you rephrase this? Or are you commending yourself on purpose here? I just don't want to misunderstand your intent here, ty

Status
Not open for further replies.