Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe then, you don't believe in scripture you believe in your interpretations of the scripture, which I believe are two entirely different things. Jesus in Philippians 2:5 is shown that although he was in God form he would not at any time snatch at any thought that he was equal to God.
I believe what the bible says.
Phil2v6 Who being in nature God. Humbled himself ti come man to sduffer and die for us.

I am sorry B B but if anyone is not believing what thje bible says it is you.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear the error of sinless perfection.

Why do you say it is error. Didn't Jesus say to be perfect, as My Father in heaven is perfect. What do you think He meant? After we are dead???

This should be interesting, seeing as you don't follow the words of Jesus, believing them an impossibility.

Reactions: amadeus

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe then, you don't believe in scripture you believe in your interpretations of the scripture, which I believe are two entirely different things. Jesus in Philippians 2:5 is shown that although he was in God form he would not at any time snatch at any thought that he was equal to God.

What? Read Philippians 2:5 again, but in context.

5 Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient [even] unto death, yea, the death of the cross.

The Word was God, with a capital "G". He emptied himself, to make a way for us to be reconciled to the Father, but then was glorified as God again.

John 17:5

Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, i am aware of the logic chain, and tbh it is not even the principle i object to, but the practices. Trinity doctrine is not used to include, but to exclude. The inference is that Jesus should be "worshipped" as in "ritually bowed down to," and the same bunch will of course be defining Jesus also; you will be required to worship the White Jesus, the Institutional Jesus. Iow Christ is crucified again.

Two Greeks came to worship Jesus, and He hid from them; and it takes a priest to break up Nehushtan.
These are not sermons that one ever gets in a congregation i guess

are you fam with Nehushtan at all? Know who he is?

I see you've been hurt, and are lashing out at bigots. What have they to do with Jesus? Is the real Jesus a bigot? Why try to diminish Him, as if you believe the bigots? Believe the truth, and the truth will make you free.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I see you've been hurt, and are lashing out at bigots. What have they to do with Jesus? Is the real Jesus a bigot? Why try to diminish Him, as if you believe the bigots? Believe the truth, and the truth will make you free.
so then i am not going to get a meaningful reply to my questions?

What in this post made you feel i was lashing out at any bigots?
Bc i've been done with that subject for a while now, not even thinking along those lines here.
They are surely raising more bigots that will be posting tomorrow i guess, the poor you will always have with you.
i used to be a bigot myself even

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what the bible says.
Phil2v6 Who being in nature God. Humbled himself ti come man to sduffer and die for us.

I am sorry B B but if anyone is not believing what thje bible says it is you.

Isn't it interesting that at Phil. 2:6 it is shown that Jesus never had the mentality that he was equal to God, though he was in God's form, unless you think that this scripture is telling us that we should think ourselves to be equal to God because you think that was the same mentality Jesus had though he was in God's form? If so I do find it interesting that you would go so far to try to prove your belief that you would think we should think ourselves who are imperfect people should think ourselves to be equal to God, that would be very interesting.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? Read Philippians 2:5 again, but in context.

5 Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient [even] unto death, yea, the death of the cross.
The scripture at Phil.2:5,6 is telling us to have the same thought as Jesus had right? Well do you think that thought he had was that he thought himself to be equal to God, therefore we should think ourselves to be equal to God? No indeed we should not think ourselves to be equal to God because Jesus even though he was in God's form didn't think himself to be equal to God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear the error of sinless perfection.

We all sin, and those who say they do not sin do not have the truth and are making God out to be a liar (1Jo 1:8-10); we are all to strive against sin (2:1); God has provided a propitiatory sacrifice for sins by Jesus Christ, whom we have as a helper with the Father (2:1; 4:10); those who are true Christians do not make a practice of sin—they do not carry on sin, although they may commit an act of sin at times (2:1; 3:4-10; 5:18); there are two kinds of sin, the kind that can be forgiven and the willful, deliberate kind that is not forgivable (5:16, 17).

Christians do not practice sin; practicers of sin originate with the Devil; children of God seek righteousness and shun sin (3:1-12;5:18, 19)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't it interesting that at Phil. 2:6 it is shown that Jesus never had the mentality that he was equal to God, though he was in God's form, unless you think that this scripture is telling us that we should think ourselves to be equal to God because you think that was the same mentality Jesus had though he was in God's form? If so I do find it interesting that you would go so far to try to prove your belief that you would think we should think ourselves who are imperfect people should think ourselves to be equal to God, that would be very interesting.
yet you don't read the following verse:-
9.Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

There is only one person high than Jesus and that is God the Father.
Jesus is God the Son and has been for all eternity.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so then i am not going to get a meaningful reply to my questions?

What in this post made you feel i was lashing out at any bigots?
Bc i've been done with that subject for a while now, not even thinking along those lines here.
They are surely raising more bigots that will be posting tomorrow i guess, the poor you will always have with you.
i used to be a bigot myself even

You may say you are done with that subject, but if you really were I wouldn't have discerned it in what you said. And you may still be a bigot. We become what we've been damaged by. You're not healed yet, but by His stripes you can be healed.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet you don't read the following verse:-
9.Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

There is only one person high than Jesus and that is God the Father.
Jesus is God the Son and has been for all eternity.

Every name except for God name. Everyone is subject to God meaning God Name JEHOVAH, is above all names including Jesus Name. Phil.2:5,6 shows that Jesus does not think himself equal with God even though he was in God form, therefore he is not God, you can disbelieve it all you want, people can say I'm twisting scripture all they want, but like I said before and I'll say again you will not influence me to deny that it was The Only-Begotten Son who became flesh, it was not God who became flesh.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Phil.2:5,6 shows that Jesus does not think himself equal with God even though he was in God form
QUITE THE OPPOSITE! "He thought it NOT ROBBERY to be equal with God" (KJB). What does that mean? Jesus did claim to be God several times while on earth, and for God the Father, that was perfectly acceptable, since the Father Himself calls Jesus "GOD".

HEBREWS 1 (KJB)

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, [THEOS] is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God [THEOS],even thy God [THEOS], hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to throw away anything I believe it is you who is not keeping Phil.2:5,6 in context and going by your preconceived erroneous thoughts

Okay, let's start over. How does the Word/God emptying Himself of His power as God to become mere man in order to die to take away our sin, affect us? You seem to be saying we must empty ourselves too, but we are not God.

Are you also saying Jesus is not God, just because He emptied Himself to die for us, when, in fact, He regained His glory and now sits at the right hand of the Father as God?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUITE THE OPPOSITE! "He thought it NOT ROBBERY to be equal with God" (KJB). What does that mean? Jesus did claim to be God several times while on earth, and for God the Father, that was perfectly acceptable, since the Father Himself calls Jesus "GOD".

HEBREWS 1 (KJB)

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, [THEOS] is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God [THEOS],even thy God [THEOS], hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Is Jesus the “God” referred to at Hebrews 1:8?

No. The weight of the evidence indicates that it is Jehovah. According to the New World Translation, Hebrews 1:8 says: “But with reference to the Son: ‘God is your [the Son’s] throne forever and ever.’” This shows that Jesus’ throne, his office or authority as a sovereign, has its source in Jehovah the Almighty God.

However, believers in the Trinity prefer the Authorized Version, or King James Version, which renders Hebrews 1:8 this way: “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever.” Thus, they feel that Jesus is shown to be the same as Almighty God. Why is this not correct?

First, note the context. In many translations, either in the main text or in the margin, Hebrews 1:9 reads, “God, your God, anointed you.” This makes it clear that the one addressed in verse eight is not God, but one who worships God and is anointed by him.

Secondly, it should be noted that Hebrews 1:8, 9 is a quotation from Psalm 45:6, 7, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Surely the writer of this psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God and neither did the writer of Hebrews think that Jesus was Almighty God. Commenting on this, scholar B. F. Westcott said: “It is scarcely possible that אלוהים [‘Elo·himʹ, “God”] in the original can be addressed to the king. . . . Thus on the whole it seems best to adopt in the first clause the rendering: God is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is God), that is ‘Thy kingdom is founded upon God.’”

With good reason, therefore, the New World Translation and a number of other translations render Hebrews 1:8 as, “God is your throne.” (See An American Translation, Moffatt; also the marginal reading in American Standard Version, Revised Standard Version and The New English Bible.) This makes it clear that the “Son,” Jesus Christ, has a God who is higher than he is.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, let's start over. How does the Word/God emptying Himself of His power as God to become mere man in order to die to take away our sin, affect us? You seem to be saying we must empty ourselves too, but we are not God.

Are you also saying Jesus is not God, just because He emptied Himself to die for us, when, in fact, He regained His glory and now sits at the right hand of the Father as God?

No, we are not God, but since this scripture is telling us who are imperfect human beings to have the same mind or thought as Jesus and since as I understand it and if I'm wrong please correct me you and others are saying that Jesus thought himself equal to God, so you and others are saying we as imperfect people should have the same mind or same thinking that we should think ourselves to be equal to God. This scripture is not saying this it's not the context of this scripture. The context of this scripture is that it is showing us how humble Jesus is in that although he(Jesus) was in Gods form he(Jesus) never snatched at any idea that he(Jesus) was equal to God and we who are imperfect humans should follow his(Jesus) example of humbleness.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we are not God, but since this scripture is telling us who are imperfect human beings to have the same mind or thought as Jesus and since as I understand it and if I'm wrong please correct me you and others are saying that Jesus thought himself equal to God, so you and others are saying we as imperfect people should have the same mind or same thinking that we should think ourselves to be equal to God. This scripture is not saying this it's not the context of this scripture. The context of this scripture is that it is showing us how humble Jesus is in that although he(Jesus) was in Gods form he(Jesus) never snatched at any idea that he(Jesus) was equal to God and we who are imperfect humans should follow his(Jesus) example of humbleness.

Let's try The Living Bible. Even though it is a paraphrase, like a rolling commentary, it has helped me over the years, and I have never found it to contradict translations.

5 Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ, 6 who, though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God, 7 but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. 8 And he humbled himself even further, going so far as actually to die a criminal’s death on a cross.

The point is Jesus IS God.

Status
Not open for further replies.