Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Barney.

Look at these passages please.

Acts 4:
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

What you don't realize, nor been taught is that Jehovah IS Jesus.

Isaiah 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Joh 6:56, 57

What is recorded concerning the Word in the Scriptures fits remarkably the description given at Proverbs 8:22-31. There wisdom is personified, represented as though able to speak and act. (Pr 8:1) Many professed Christian writers of the early centuries of the Common Era understood this section to refer symbolically to God’s Son in his prehuman state. In view of the texts already considered, there can be no denying that that Son was “produced” by Jehovah “as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago,” nor that the Son was “beside [Jehovah] as a master worker” during earth’s creation, as described in these verses of Proverbs.
Wisdom is manifest only by being expressed in some way. God’s own wisdom was expressed in creation (Pr 3:19, 20) but through his Son. (Compare 1Co 8:6.) So, too, God’s wise purpose involving mankind is made manifest through, and summed up in, his Son, Jesus Christ. Thus, the apostle could say that Christ represents “the power of God and the wisdom of God” and that Christ Jesus “has become to us wisdom from God, also righteousness and sanctification and release by ransom.”—1Co 1:24, 30;
compare 1Co 2:7, 8; Pr 8:1, 10, 18-21.

Jehovah God saw fit to make his firstborn Son the central, or key, figure in the outworking of all His purposes (Joh 1:14-18; Col 1:18-20;2:8, 9), the focal point on which the light of all prophecies would concentrate and from which their light would radiate (1Pe 1:10-12;Re 19:10; Joh 1:3-9), the solution to all the problems that Satan’s rebellion had raised (Heb 2:5-9, 14, 15; 1Jo 3:8), and the foundation upon which God would build all future arrangements for the eternal good of His universal family in heaven and earth. (Eph 1:8-10; 2:20; 1Pe 2:4-8) Because of the vital role he thus plays in God’s purpose, Jesus could say, rightly and without exaggeration: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”—Joh 14:6

God and Jesus not the same person.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you are spouting the same thing as those two men. You're not original.

I have been referring to scripture about this side line subject. I did not refer to them at all. I can accept that you are not hearing me, so let's drop it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@1stCenturyLady said:-
Actually, most of the time you are speaking Greek to me. I don't understand much of what you are saying. You expect us to see the big picture out of one puzzle piece, one disjointed phrase.

You need to be able to speak in tongues to interpret...just give yourself time...

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whew! I didn't get all that from what he stated, so didn't understand.
Sometimes it take a while to understand our friend @bbyrd009 . But then when you believe that you have learned to understand him at times you still will not. Then if you are sincere and ask nicely he will helpfully attempt to explain.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Joh 6:56, 57

What is recorded concerning the Word in the Scriptures fits remarkably the description given at Proverbs 8:22-31. There wisdom is personified, represented as though able to speak and act. (Pr 8:1) Many professed Christian writers of the early centuries of the Common Era understood this section to refer symbolically to God’s Son in his prehuman state. In view of the texts already considered, there can be no denying that that Son was “produced” by Jehovah “as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago,” nor that the Son was “beside [Jehovah] as a master worker” during earth’s creation, as described in these verses of Proverbs.
Wisdom is manifest only by being expressed in some way. God’s own wisdom was expressed in creation (Pr 3:19, 20) but through his Son. (Compare 1Co 8:6.) So, too, God’s wise purpose involving mankind is made manifest through, and summed up in, his Son, Jesus Christ. Thus, the apostle could say that Christ represents “the power of God and the wisdom of God” and that Christ Jesus “has become to us wisdom from God, also righteousness and sanctification and release by ransom.”—1Co 1:24, 30;

Jehovah God saw fit to make his firstborn Son the central, or key, figure in the outworking of all His purposes (Joh 1:14-18; Col 1:18-20;2:8, 9), the focal point on which the light of all prophecies would concentrate and from which their light would radiate (1Pe 1:10-12;Re 19:10; Joh 1:3-9), the solution to all the problems that Satan’s rebellion had raised (Heb 2:5-9, 14, 15; 1Jo 3:8), and the foundation upon which God would build all future arrangements for the eternal good of His universal family in heaven and earth. (Eph 1:8-10; 2:20; 1Pe 2:4-8) Because of the vital role he thus plays in God’s purpose, Jesus could say, rightly and without exaggeration: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”—Joh 14:6

That would be true if The Father and the Son were not both eternal. The Father didn't create the Son.

As for the life giver. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The word "God" is a plural word, not singular. You keep discounting Jesus and deny Him His rightful place.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been referring to scripture about this side line subject. I did not refer to them at all. I can accept that you are not hearing me, so let's drop it.

You are quoting 1 Corinthians 14 that does not mention anything about Diana, or any demon, or hint of falsehood and are applying those blasphemies to tongues. By what authority?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you believe Jehovah will return at the second coming of Christ, or Jesus? Who is God in 1 Thessalonians 4:14?

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jehovah will return at the second coming of Christ, or Jesus? Who is God in 1 Thessalonians 4:14?

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

When it comes to the second presence of God only begotten Son, since God only begotten Son is Jehovah's representative it is said in scripture that Jehovah was with us during Jesus Christ 1st presence. So it seems reasonable that Jehovah will be with us during Jesus Christ second presence.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to the second presence of God only begotten Son, since God only begotten Son is Jehovah's representative it is said in scripture that Jehovah was with us during Jesus Christ 1st presence. So it seems reasonable that Jehovah will be with us during Jesus Christ second presence.

So you still don't get it, that Jesus is God?

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
. Moses was a representative of God, do you believe him to be God because he was God representative.

Jesus was not the representative of God when He was here.
He was the representative of MANKIND...He went to the cross was for US..in our stead.
He was The Lamb, come to be slain. In the OT the lamb was a representative of the man and his sins...as was the scapegoat.

Reactions: bbyrd009

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you got from what I text that Jesus is God. Then I believe you didn't truly understand what I said. Moses was a representative of God, do you believe him to be God because he was God representative.

Moses is not eternal, so no. But you misread my question. I asked if you still do not understand that Jesus is God. And I have your answer.

So if you say Jesus is not God, anymore than Moses was, would either one of their blood cleanse your sins?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you still don't get it, that Jesus is God?

First Century: Are you truly interested in the truth, I really wonder!

1 Thess 4:14

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him (KJV)

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, in the same way, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.(Christian Standard Bible)

God our Father raised Jesus from the dead, so we as believers will also will be raised by our Father from the death, in the same way, to Jesus.

Jesus does and never had the power in himself to raise the dead without the Father's power!

So how is Jesus the same as God again?

Bless you,

APAK

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ok, but once again i don't see my Q being addressed Reg, sorry.

[Jesus (Joshua, dialectically Isaiah) was apparently a very common name then, like John is to us now i guess.
And Scripture seems to go to some lengths to make this plain; there are five (5) diff Jesuses in the Bible i guess?]
Jesus Christ is not coming back in the flesh anyway, he comes in his majesty, the Holy Spirit when you become born again.
There will come a day that all will realise such and that is Kingdom Come.
Turmoil due to the workings of Satan is all that is to be dealt with, such has been 2000 years from when the seed was planted by Christ Jesus to grow into the Kingdom of God.

There is only one Jesus Christ you know. it's who he is and what he is, did you know that, he is our God Emmanuel and he is our Saviour=Jesus and he is out Lord=Christ.
Do you understand that he came for us, not the Trees or you pet, they can not go to Heaven because they do not have a saviour. they do not have a Soul that man has that needs Jesus Christ with us, to become as God the father intended.
Man needs God in your life to become fruitful, because without God with us Salvation under his Lordship who are you then ? fruitless.

Reactions: bbyrd009

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First Century: Are you truly interested in the truth, I really wonder!

1 Thess 4:14

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him (KJV)

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, in the same way, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.(Christian Standard Bible)

God our Father raised Jesus from the dead, so we as believers will also will be raised by our Father from the death, in the same way, to Jesus.

Jesus does and never had the power in himself to raise the dead without the Father's power!

So how is Jesus the same as God again?

Bless you,

APAK

Lets first start with John 1:1. Is the Word, God? Or do you believe the Word to be a god. Or something else?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@APAK @BARNEY BRIGHT

Exodus 3:14 "And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

John 5:58 "Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Here is clear evidence that Jesus claimed to be God. Was He a liar?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets first start with John 1:1. Is the Word, God? Or do you believe the Word to be a god. Or something else?

I expect you believe that the Greek word ‘logos’ for the English general equivalent term ‘word’ means Jesus in John 1-3 that is not supported by scripture. I also expect you believe that Jesus is the ‘logos’ because you read the Greek word ‘logos’ again, that became human in John 1:14a. So therefore you deduce with this circular illogic construct between John 1:3 and John 1:14a and back again and again in infinitum you believe logos = word = Jesus = God Almighty. This is the touchstone of Jesus=God or the God-man pagan concept; again it is not scriptural in the least.

Now what I believe is the Greek word logos in context means God’s inner thoughts, messages and purpose, this is scriptural. In this case logos= the plan of salvation for mankind. John 1-3 speaks of the this plan being with God from the start and it was his own plan. John 1:14a means that the logos or the plan of salvation was extended or became part of a human being (flesh) called Jesus. Jesus became the instrument of executing the critical part of the plan of salvation that this Father could not do. Jesus died as the last Adam, the perfect human being to save us.

And no, I’m not a JW, SDA or of any organization….just a plain Biblical Christian and believer in Christ.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@APAK @BARNEY BRIGHT

Exodus 3:14 "And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

John 5:58 "Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Here is clear evidence that Jesus claimed to be God. Was He a liar?
First Century: I normally would clarify your post as being in error again although I have done this exercise with at least 10 people on this site over the months.

I've noticed a common denominator in these types of posts. Post a statement without any qualification or commentary. I end up doing all the clarification and correction. If I did explain your error her, you will just replace it with another misrepresented verse.

Exodus 3:14/John 5:58 is truly NOT proof of Jesus = God Almighty.

I need to retire for the day....

Bless you,

APAK

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not the representative of God when He was here.
He was the representative of MANKIND...He went to the cross was for US..in our stead.
He was The Lamb, come to be slain. In the OT the lamb was a representative of the man and his sins...as was the scapegoat.[/QUOTE/]

You are thinking that the sole purpose of God only begotten Son Jesus Christ was and is to save mankind, which is an important purpose for Jesus Christ but there is another purpose more important than saving mankind and that is proving Satan wrong and a liar concerning the slander of God name

As spokesman for God’s chief representative on earth, Aaron served as “a mouth” for Moses. Likewise with the Word, or Logos, who became Jesus Christ. Jehovah evidently used his Son to convey information and instructions to others of his family of spirit sons, even as he used that Son to deliver his message to humans on earth. Showing that he was God’s Word, or Spokesman, Jesus said to his Jewish listeners: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. So yes Jesus Christ is God representative.

Status
Not open for further replies.