Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses is not eternal, so no. But you misread my question. I asked if you still do not understand that Jesus is God. And I have your answer.

So if you say Jesus is not God, anymore than Moses was, would either one of their blood cleanse your sins?

This last question you asked this is what I mean about people like you who believe that someone who is more than a 100% perfect human man is needed to save mankind. Do you really believe that someone must come as a God-Man in order to save mankind? You honestly don't believe it was a 100% perfect human man that was lost when Adam sinned. You honestly don't believe that a 100% perfect human can't buy back what was lost, even though it was a 100% perfect human not a God-Man that was lost. You see I believe God only begotten Son existed in heaven as a powerful spiritual person and when the time came God using his Holy Spirit transferred this powerful spiritual person who was his only begotten Son into the womb of Mary and when born Jesus Christ was born a 100% perfect human person.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@BARNEY BRIGHT
You are thinking that the sole purpose of God only begotten Son Jesus Christ was and is to save mankind, which is an important purpose for Jesus Christ but there is another purpose more important than saving mankind and that is proving Satan wrong and a liar concerning the slander of God name
You have to be kidding me!! I am shocked to hear that out of the mouth of any so called Christian.:eek: o_O :rolleyes:

You really believe that Jesus had to justify God by proving Satan wrong of slander!!! "Satan was a liar from the beginning"
John 7:7 "He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

That is FACT. Jesus did not "have to" prove anything!!! o_O
Jesus WAS The Truth.
How weak do you believe that God is..that He "needed" His name to be cleared?

True IS, it does not need defending. :rolleyes:

Not sure where on earth you heard this...but is not glorifying to Almighty God.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This last question you asked this is what I mean about people like you who believe that someone who is more than a 100% perfect human man is needed to save mankind. Do you really believe that someone must come as a God-Man in order to save mankind? You honestly don't believe it was a 100% perfect human man that was lost when Adam sinned. You honestly don't believe that a 100% perfect human can't buy back what was lost, even though it was a 100% perfect human not a God-Man that was lost. You see I believe God only begotten Son existed in heaven as a powerful spiritual person and when the time came God using his Holy Spirit transferred this powerful spiritual person who was his only begotten Son into the womb of Mary and when born Jesus Christ was born a 100% perfect human person.

What does your Bible say in John 1:1? That the Word was God; or the Word was a god?

Reactions: Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First Century: I normally would clarify your post as being in error again although I have done this exercise with at least 10 people on this site over the months.

I've noticed a common denominator in these types of posts. Post a statement without any qualification or commentary. I end up doing all the clarification and correction. If I did explain your error her, you will just replace it with another misrepresented verse.

Exodus 3:14/John 5:58 is truly NOT proof of Jesus = God Almighty.

I need to retire for the day....

Bless you,

APAK

Good night.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I expect you believe that the Greek word ‘logos’ for the English general equivalent term ‘word’ means Jesus in John 1-3 that is not supported by scripture. I also expect you believe that Jesus is the ‘logos’ because you read the Greek word ‘logos’ again, that became human in John 1:14a. So therefore you deduce with this circular illogic construct between John 1:3 and John 1:14a and back again and again in infinitum you believe logos = word = Jesus = God Almighty. This is the touchstone of Jesus=God or the God-man pagan concept; again it is not scriptural in the least.

Now what I believe is the Greek word logos in context means God’s inner thoughts, messages and purpose, this is scriptural. In this case logos= the plan of salvation for mankind. John 1-3 speaks of the this plan being with God from the start and it was his own plan. John 1:14a means that the logos or the plan of salvation was extended or became part of a human being (flesh) called Jesus. Jesus became the instrument of executing the critical part of the plan of salvation that this Father could not do. Jesus died as the last Adam, the perfect human being to save us.

And no, I’m not a JW, SDA or of any organization….just a plain Biblical Christian and believer in Christ.

Bless you,

APAK

Just so you know, SDAs are Trinitarians.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I expect you believe that the Greek word ‘logos’ for the English general equivalent term ‘word’ means Jesus in John 1-3 that is not supported by scripture. I also expect you believe that Jesus is the ‘logos’ because you read the Greek word ‘logos’ again, that became human in John 1:14a. So therefore you deduce with this circular illogic construct between John 1:3 and John 1:14a and back again and again in infinitum you believe logos = word = Jesus = God Almighty. This is the touchstone of Jesus=God or the God-man pagan concept; again it is not scriptural in the least.

Now what I believe is the Greek word logos in context means God’s inner thoughts, messages and purpose, this is scriptural. In this case logos= the plan of salvation for mankind. John 1-3 speaks of the this plan being with God from the start and it was his own plan. John 1:14a means that the logos or the plan of salvation was extended or became part of a human being (flesh) called Jesus. Jesus became the instrument of executing the critical part of the plan of salvation that this Father could not do. Jesus died as the last Adam, the perfect human being to save us.

And no, I’m not a JW, SDA or of any organization….just a plain Biblical Christian and believer in Christ.

Bless you,

APAK

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

You are using Word as a gender-free "it."

But, no, I don't consider the Bible as Jesus, whether He is or isn't. Never actually thought about it. I consider the Bible as the inspired Word of God, and living - as in Rhemas.

John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words/rhemas abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."

That verse changed by prayer life. I don't pray UNTIL God speaks to me directly (a Rhema); then I pray what He said, and it comes to pass. I'll never forget the first time I tried it in 1978.

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity states that Jesus is part of the Trinity.
The Trinity consists of three person's in one Good.
Each with their own work to do, but all of one nature.

And as to John 1:1, I know a theologian that taught koine Greek and reads the Bible in Greek., The NT.
John 1:1 states that Jesus, the Word of Logos, was with God from the beginning. This is because Jesus is not a created being. He was God, just as John says.

Agreed!
If Jesus was not God, then He was not a perfect sacrifice- required for ALL people- God expects PURE blood for the remission of sins. Kind of reminds me of Hebrews 6:13 "When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself..."

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Agreed!
If Jesus was not God, then He was not a perfect sacrifice- required for ALL people- God expects PURE blood for the remission of sins. Kind of reminds me of Hebrews 6:13 "When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself..."
Great catch!
And God will always be faithful to Himself.
2 Timothy 2:13

Also, I like to say that if Jesus was not God, then perhaps He was a crazy man??
Like, kind of, believing you're Napolean?
LOL

Reactions: Nancy

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great catch!
And God will always be faithful to Himself.
2 Timothy 2:13

Also, I like to say that if Jesus was not God, then perhaps He was a crazy man??
Like, kind of, believing you're Napolean?
LOL

I recently within the last few days saw the Trinity in one verse. Check it out. Romans 8:9

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Maybe because you are using the term, nehushtan, which is a derogatory term for the snake of the pole - something that was good - is why I'm not getting your point.
Nehushtan is a derogatory term? Are you sure?
The Snake on a Pole was a good thing? That is the proper way to approach God, you think?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nehushtan is a derogatory term? Are you sure?
The Snake on a Pole was a good thing? That is the proper way to approach God, you think?

That is what I read. And yes, any foreshadow of Jesus was a good thing, originally. It is what it evolved into that went beyond a foreshadow of Jesus, and why Hezekiah destroyed it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God expects PURE blood for the remission of sins.
except you cannot Quote that anywhere wadr, bc it is not true. It is a lie, fed to us by religion.
People need sacrifices and blood for sins, God does not.
Some of the vv have already been recently posted,
Hebrews 9:22 Lexicon: And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
Matthew 9:13 Lexicon: "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

which i guess the bottom one is why you won't catch Jesus claiming to be elohim even though He is
this is that
setting aside glory thing,
Philippians 2:7 - Bible Gateway
Philippians 2:7 - Bible Gateway
but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and ... He put aside everything that belonged to Him and made Himself the same as a ...
2 Corinthians 3:7 - Bible Gateway
2 Corinthians 3:7 - Bible Gateway
It came with such glory that the Israelites couldn't look for long at Moses' face .... not gaze at Moses' face because of the glory of his face, a glory now set aside,.
Philippians 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being ...
biblehub.com/philippians/2-7.htm
Nay, He stripped Himself of His glory, and took on Him the nature of a ... I will put My Spirit on Him, and He will bring justice to the nations. .... and deed, he willingly assented to it, to lay aside as it were his glory for a while, to have it veiled and ...
imo, that we all have to do also i guess

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
any foreshadow of Jesus was a good thing, originally.
ok then all i could suggest is that we reread the Exodus account and take into account whether or not the Snake on a Pole was actually a "good" thing, what brought the snakes that were killing them, etc.

Certainly Nehushtan might be perceived as a good thing; but there is also another understanding, and i'm not sure how to even communicate it tbh; perhaps someone else can provide insight, or it might be examined how Nehushtan was manifested maybe. What brought the snakes iow. Also that it was made of "bronze" is significant, plus "snake" had a diff meaning to them, but a contrast can even be made to the First Commandment, etc.

One perception is that the ppl were in a snakebit condition that they had brought upon themselves, and were required to look at a Snake on a Pole to...relieve themselves of their self-inflicted snakebite. So an illustration of a bad relationship with Christ is being outlined here imo, what we might now call a Jesus Cult, which i notice that a search of the phrase has now been obscured, used to search differently, but there is even a decent book on the subject for anyone interested.

Ppl sounding the alarm about Jesus Cults are not trying to lead one away from Christ imo
and i say this bc i remember how "Jesus Cult" once sounded to me

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BARNEY BRIGHT

You have to be kidding me!! I am shocked to hear that out of the mouth of any so called Christian.:eek: o_O :rolleyes:

You really believe that Jesus had to justify God by proving Satan wrong of slander!!! "Satan was a liar from the beginning"
John 7:7 "He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

That is FACT. Jesus did not "have to" prove anything!!! o_O
Jesus WAS The Truth.
How weak do you believe that God is..that He "needed" His name to be cleared?

True IS, it does not need defending. :rolleyes:

Not sure where on earth you heard this...but is not glorifying to Almighty God.

I am one of those people who truly believes God name Jehovah is the most Holiest of all names because he is the most loving person, he is the epitome of Love and Satan slandered God's name by calling Jehovah God a liar and saying Jehovah God is an unfair and unjust ruler and judge and Satan says that Jehovah God doesn't care about what is in our best interest. All of these are lies that Satan has spread and look at what has happened since Satan has spread those lies Eve believed Satan and chose to disobey, and then instead of putting the love of Jehovah God first Adam joined Eve in the rebellion and Satan has also been able to influence other Angels to join him in the rebellion and they became his demons. Look at the world we live in you honestly think the majority of the people in this world loves the True God Jehovah, the Father and God of Jesus Christ who is the Only-Begotten Son of Jehovah. By the choices we make in our lives we show we either believe the Only True God and his Only Begotten Son( John 17:3) or we believe Satan. I find it shocking that the only True God personal name YHWH has been taken out of Bibles and even though nowhere has God given anyone permission to do that but people think God personal name is so insignificant. Today we don't know the exact pronunciation of The True God personal name represented by the four Hebrew letters YHWH and people today don't care. Even though it was God who put his personal name in the scriptures people reason some kind of way that God did something wrong by putting his name in the scriptures after all isn't it true people used some reason they have taken the True God personal name out of the Scriptures and guess what whatever the reason is it's a bogus reason. How do I know that? Because as I said its was the Only True God who put his name in the scriptures, you will find nowhere that God gave anyone permission to take his personal name out of the scriptures. People don't care about that today. Most people today will also come up with some feeble excuse why it's ok for God personal name to be out of the scriptures. What genuine lack of Love for the Only True God and his personal name that is, but you honestly believe people will think that way.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Bible, itself, is not God. It holds the words of God, and is holy. To say the Word is merely the Bible and no more, is missing the big picture.
ok, ty. You might see if you can Quote "Holy Bible," but i was asking to get a handle on your understanding anyway, so that is up to you

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Actually, most of the time you are speaking Greek to me. I don't understand much of what you are saying. You expect us to see the big picture out of one puzzle piece, one disjointed phrase.
ah, sorry. This is why i just quoted you in two diff places, to point out what reads as a contrast?
In fact my experience bears witness to the truth of the written Word.
You are limiting the person of the Word, into a box called the Bible.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok then all i could suggest is that we reread the Exodus account and take into account whether or not the Snake on a Pole was actually a "good" thing, what brought the snakes that were killing them, etc.

Are you thinking that it was the Snake on the Pole that was drawing the snakes??? God forbid! The snakes were already there. If they got bit, all they had to do was gaze upon the Snake on the Pole that represented Christ's crucifixion - by His stripes we are healed, and they were healed.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does your Bible say in John 1:1? That the Word was God; or the Word was a god?
Well I use more than one Bible and they all don't translate this scripture the same some of them translate it as the word was God(god) and some translate it as the word is a god. I guess the Bible I like most is NW Translation put out by the Watchtower. It's easier to understand and although I know a lot of people will disagree I honestly think it to be more in tune with the Hebrew and Greek languages of that time period. Oh the NW Translation translate John 1:1 as the word was a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.