Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with...
Being A Catholic being required?

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

there’s another savior or salvation

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who make Peter His personal representative and vicar!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He did many times. You were simply not paying attention. Had Jesus not been God Almighty, He could not have paid for the sins of the whole world, and then risen from the dead. Therefore Thomas addressed Him as "My Lord, and my God!". End of story.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Yes...Great Salvation...First Spoken by the Lord, and confirmed unto us by them (JEWS) that heard him.

No mention of Catholics.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 If you say: Became MANTIFESTED in the LIKENESS as a man, then you are denying he became human.

If you say: Became MANTIFESTED in the LIKENESS as a man, then you are denying he became human.

Precisely.
God does NOT CHANGE.
Jesus Christ does NOT CHANGE.

Mal 3:
[6] For I am the LORD, I change not...

Heb 13
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

1 John 1
[2] (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us...

1John.3
[5] And ye know that he was manifested...

Phil 2: [8] And being found in fashion as a man...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...Great Salvation...First Spoken by the Lord, and confirmed unto us by them (JEWS) that heard him.

No mention of Catholics.

it is a universal salvation
Universal is the meaning of the word catholic
Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16 universal
There is only one true church and one true faith Jn 10:16 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is a universal salvation
Universal is the meaning of the word catholic
Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16 universal
There is only one true church and one true faith Jn 10:16 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

It's an exclusive Universal "membership", men devised, men named, and men dictate IS the ONLY way to be Accepted of the Lord.

Jesus' teaching is HE, "not a title of a group", IS the ONLY WAY, to be a "member" of His Church.

Churches all over the world, "not called Catholic", are made up of members, who have become Converted IN Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an exclusive Universal "membership", men devised, men named, and men dictate IS the ONLY way to be Accepted of the Lord.

Jesus' teaching is HE, "not a title of a group", IS the ONLY WAY, to be a "member" of His Church.

Churches all over the world, "not called Catholic", are made up of members, who have become Converted IN Christ.

men (apostles) have the same authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23 what they bind on earth is bound in heaven matt 16:18 and 18:18

membership in Christ and a by baptism
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

all those (heretics, schismatics, and apostates) are outside the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
men (apostles) have the same authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23 what they bind on earth is bound in heaven matt 16:18 and 18:18

And? What exactly do you think Jewish Peter and the Jewish Apostles were BINDING on Earth?

membership in Christ and a by baptism
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Well aware...membership in Christ's Church is Accomplished by Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

No mention of a Requirement to submit to a Catholic doctrine.

all those (heretics, schismatics, and apostates) are outside the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

I do believe Christ's Church was established on the Foundational Belief In God and Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Truman

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And? What exactly do you think Jewish Peter and the Jewish Apostles were BINDING on Earth?

Well aware...membership in Christ's Church is Accomplished by Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

No mention of a Requirement to submit to a Catholic doctrine.

I do believe Christ's Church was established on the Foundational Belief In God and Christ Jesus.

for example:

Mother of God
Council Of Ephesus – 431 A.D.

If anyone does not confess that Emmanuel is God in truth, and therefore that the holy virgin is the mother of God (for she bore in a fleshly way the Word of God become flesh) let him be anathema.

Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for example:

Mother of God
Council Of Ephesus – 431 A.D.

If anyone does not confess that Emmanuel is God in truth, and therefore that the holy virgin is the mother of God (for she bore in a fleshly way the Word of God become flesh) let him be anathema.

Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council!

No man was given Peters Authority or the Apostles Authority TO COUNCIL TOGETHER, FOR THE PURPOSE OF making up Doctrines outside of Gods Word WHILE pretending they ARE representatives OF Gods Word.

Catholics have held Councils for centuries, Establishing and Dictating their Own powers and authorities above and beyond the Lords Word.

John 8:
[31] Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man was given Peters Authority or the Apostles Authority TO COUNCIL TOGETHER, FOR THE PURPOSE OF making up Doctrines outside of Gods Word WHILE pretending they ARE representatives OF Gods Word.

Catholics have held Councils for centuries, Establishing and Dictating their Own powers and authorities above and beyond the Lords Word.

John 8:
[31] Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;

Lk 1:43 mother of God

Jn 20:21-23 matt 16:18 and 18:18 Matt 28:18-20 Jesus gives them this authority

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:43 mother of God...

Carnal mindedness is Against God.

power to bind

BIND WHAT?

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:

Christ's Teachings are IN Scripture.

defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jesus IS the TRUTH...
Does your Church DEFINE JESUS?

Your Church Interprets Scripture?
Why?
Scripture reveals that Scripture Interpretation is What the Lord God does.

Spiritual authority:

To do what?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Established councils is what established God's Word. Or do you consider Apocrypha to also be God's word? Where do you think the Bible came from?

Reactions: theefaith

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Established councils is what established God's Word. Or do you consider Apocrypha to also be God's word? Where do you think the Bible came from?

I think it is more in-depth.
* However in Brief, Men did not Establish Gods Word, Gods Word is eternal.
OT was already written, copied, distributed, sometimes destroyed, rewritten from memory by men Faithful to God, ie OT Prophets, and Tribal leaders.
* The NT ... What Jesus spoke, what Jesus taught his disciples for 3 years daily, were,
(Excluding some of the Letters personally written by some of the Apostles)...
* The Scriptures were written BY SCRIBES (a sort of ancient Secretary).
* The Scribes writings, were Transcribed BY
RECORDERS, written ON SCROLLS.
* The SCROLLS, were not in one neat handy location, since there was; NO TEMPLE in Jerusalem, and fear of confiscation; the Scrolls were in different Synagogs and Hidden places.
* And Scribes and Recorders of the Scriptures, were not the Only people who could write...Kings themselves had troops of Scribes.
* As far as "Councils"... there was no "established" yearly council perse'.
Councils met at differing times, for particular purposes; For example, deciding to have a POPE, deciding Priests could not marry, deciding Only a Priest could baptise a person, etc.
And yes, they fairly well agreed the very NT early teaching was by word of mouth and gradually ..."books/scrolls" ... were assembled...that early teachers agreed were authentic...and being taught in early Churches....and some writings not particularly forgeries, but not assured were the Lords or Apostles.
* I believe it was Constantine who proposed one of the very early Councils...for the express purpose of Combining into a book form the different available and verifiable scrolls/ writings.
Not saying Constantine had anything to do with what would be considered accurate to include.
* I am confidant the men who worked diligently on assembling the book we call the Holy Bible, did so with much prayer and discussion and caution.
* I Trust God, being capable of Guiding mens hearts, minds and hands, to accomplish His will.
* As far as the Apocrypha; seemingly they are Transcriptions BY Greeks, as to their understanding, of some OT Hebrew writings;
(Which Jews do not accept, and Many Christians find as unproved and not authentic.)

Mark 13: [31] Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my wordsshall not pass away.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is more in-depth.
* However in Brief, Men did not Establish Gods Word, Gods Word is eternal.
OT was already written, copied, distributed, sometimes destroyed, rewritten from memory by men Faithful to God, ie OT Prophets, and Tribal leaders.
* The NT ... What Jesus spoke, what Jesus taught his disciples for 3 years daily, were,
(Excluding some of the Letters personally written by some of the Apostles)...
* The Scriptures were written BY SCRIBES (a sort of ancient Secretary).
* The Scribes writings, were Transcribed BY
RECORDERS, written ON SCROLLS.
* The SCROLLS, were not in one neat handy location, since there was; NO TEMPLE in Jerusalem, and fear of confiscation; the Scrolls were in different Synagogs and Hidden places.
* And Scribes and Recorders of the Scriptures, were not the Only people who could write...Kings themselves had troops of Scribes.
* As far as "Councils"... there was no "established" yearly council perse'.
Councils met at differing times, for particular purposes; For example, deciding to have a POPE, deciding Priests could not marry, deciding Only a Priest could baptise a person, etc.
And yes, they fairly well agreed the very NT early teaching was by word of mouth and gradually ..."books/scrolls" ... were assembled...that early teachers agreed were authentic...and being taught in early Churches....and some writings not particularly forgeries, but not assured were the Lords or Apostles.
* I believe it was Constantine who proposed one of the very early Councils...for the express purpose of Combining into a book form the different available and verifiable scrolls/ writings.
Not saying Constantine had anything to do with what would be considered accurate to include.
* I am confidant the men who worked diligently on assembling the book we call the Holy Bible, did so with much prayer and discussion and caution.
* I Trust God, being capable of Guiding mens hearts, minds and hands, to accomplish His will.
* As far as the Apocrypha; seemingly they are Transcriptions BY Greeks, as to their understanding, of some OT Hebrew writings;
(Which Jews do not accept, and Many Christians find as unproved and not authentic.)

Mark 13: [31] Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my wordsshall not pass away.

and all scripture is inspired but not context or exegesis

how do we know what is and what is not scripture?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and all scripture is inspired but not context or exegesis

how do we know what is and what is not scripture?

Personally I trust. And I rely heavily on older versions and rarely on modern versions.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 28:18 all authority belongs to God alone!

Lk 23:44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

darkness covered the earth
As a sign of Christ’s divinity

Proof of His divinity

Matthew 17
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.