Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can work miracles

Matthew 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not divine, why is He worshiped?
Is he really 'worshipped' exactly the same as the Father? Is Yashua really worshipped as a divine one, or as the Son of God, of the Father. If not for the Father, he would not be 'worshipped.' I think that Yashua from a baby, onwards was given bended knee or forward prostration or with a lower body bow as royal reverence, honor and respect. As our Lord and Savior he still not equal with the Father, the one and only YHWH, the only source of divinity.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is he really 'worshipped' exactly the same as the Father? Is Yashua really worshipped as a divine one, or as the Son of God, of the Father. If not for the Father, he would not be 'worshipped.' I think that Yashua from a baby, onwards was given bended knee or forward prostration or with a lower body bow as royal reverence, honor and respect. As our Lord and Savior he still not equal with the Father, the one and only YHWH, the only source of divinity.

Adoration is due to God alone!

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jn 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the same goes for your previous post #703. It all depends on who your God/ god is you worship, the Father or the Son. And they cannot be both the same God. The Son is the Son and the Father is YHWH.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the same goes for your previous post #703. It all depends on who your God/ god is you worship, the Father or the Son. And they cannot be both the same God. The Son is the Son and the Father is YHWH.

they can’t both have the same nature and be three distinct persons?

you and I are distinct persons yet we share the same nature
I’m not you and you’re not me
But we both have a human nature

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The point is it’s a sin to worship anyone but God, or for men or angels accept any kind of worship from anyone. Period.

Several instances of the apostles and angels instantly stopping worship of themselves are in the Bible, yet Jesus accepted Thomas falling to his knees and literally saying in the koine Greek that the NT was written in, “the Lord of me, and the God of me”, translated as calling Him MY LORD AND MY GOD into English, and Jesus fully accepted that, as well as the other apostles falling down, grabbing Him by the feet, and worshipping Him.

He’s either God in the flesh, or a sinner for accepting worship.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they can’t both have the same nature and be three distinct persons?

you and I are distinct persons yet we share the same nature
I’m not you and you’re not me
But we both have a human nature

Very inaccurate analogy I have to say. Both the human Father and the human son are both flesh and blood with the same human genes and the son also gained from the mother. They both have the same nature, indeed. And both are mortal and definitely not divine

YHWH is the Father of us all and he is Spirit. His only begotten or humanly conceived Son, as the 2nd and last Adam was flesh and bones with a human spirit, completely different from the Father who has none of these earthly materials. Yahshua had a human nature from his mother Mary, a human quality, not a Creator divine quality. Now of course if you want to 'cheat' and add in the concocted ridiculous incarnation and hypostasis inventions, then that is all you have. It shall never be scripturally sound and you will stay in your delusion and ignorance for what and why?

Scripture says that Yahshua was a man (the Son of man) and 'possessed' by his 'unnatural' Father's Spirit, more and more over time on earth and given immortality by the Father upon his resurrection. Yahshua would be still 'dead' from the Cross if his divine Father did not raise him to life.

I hope you do not think that Yahshua, the Son of Man was divine as his Father? You know Yahshua was a man without immortality as he walked the earth. And to think that he 'gave up' his immortality SOMEHOW, impossible, is super ridiculous. You believe in fables and the traditions of men who invented extra-scriptural text and theories like incarnation and hypostatic. Such evil inventions

I would challenge you to pray and research how these theories became more significant than scripture itself overtime.

Hint: those that made these decisions were not Spirit- filled or reborn at all. These are your mentors and spiritual leaders of the far past I guess - never mine.

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is it’s a sin to worship anyone but God, or for men or angels accept any kind of worship from anyone. Period.

Several instances of the apostles and angels instantly stopping worship of themselves are in the Bible, yet Jesus accepted Thomas falling to his knees and literally saying in the koine Greek that the NT was written in, “the Lord of me, and the God of me”, translated as calling Him MY LORD AND MY GOD into English, and Jesus fully accepted that, as well as the other apostles falling down, grabbing Him by the feet, and worshipping Him.

He’s either God in the flesh, or a sinner for accepting worship.
Yes of course we must worship 'God.' Unfortunately you do not worship the same 'God' as me. You worship three personality forms as the same EXACT God, and that is ridiculous. And one of which, Spirit aka Holy Spirit, is a different characteristic, not a separate personality, FOR the Father, who is the only God.

YHWH is the Father of all. Even Yahshua today worships him as he is still his Father. Yahshua even gave us an example of how to pray to the only one Father, denoted as the Lord's Prayer. I do as Yashua does, do you? I also give my allegiance and love and loyalty to my Lord and Savior who is called Yahshua, the Son of the one Almighty true God= YHWH Almighty.

APAK

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes of course we must worship 'God.' Unfortunately you do not worship the same 'God' as me. You worship three personality forms as the same EXACT God, and that is ridiculous. And one of which, Spirit aka Holy Spirit, is a different characteristic, not a separate personality, FOR the Father, who is the only God.

YHWH is the Father of all. Even Yahshua today worships him as he is still his Father. Yahshua even gave us an example of how to pray to the only one Father, denoted as the Lord's Prayer. I do as Yashua does, do you? I also give my allegiance and love and loyalty to my Lord and Savior who is called Yahshua, the Son of the one Almighty true God= YHWH Almighty.

APAK

There is no such name as yahshua.

The Hebrew name of Jesus is Yehoshua, abbreviated as Y’eshua.

But the koine Greek manuscripts that the apostles wrote, call Messiah Iesous, which is Y’eshua in Greek, and in English it’s Jesus.

There’s no requirement or need to use the Hebrew name of Messiah, but if one is going to use it, might as well get it right.

That the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit comprise the one triune Godhead, is very evident in scripture- it takes work to obfuscate the truth.

Isaiah calls Messiah the mighty God, the everlasting Father, and says He is called God with us (Emmanuel)

Jesus said anyone who’s seen Him has seen the father.

Jesus clearly stated He is I AM.

Jesus accepted worship.

Jesus created everything that was made, including the world.

John the Baptist came to prepare the way of Jehovah, said Isaiah - and yet John the Baptist came to prepare the way for Jesus in the New Testament.

God the father said to Jesus: sou thronos Theos aeon, which means, thy throne, Oh God, is forever,

Sou: thy Thronos: throne, Theos: (oh) God, Aeon: is forever.

You can believe what the Watchtower and Kingdom Hall says, i will stick with the entirety of Gods word.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

APAK

And you unlearnedly ignore that Jesus left Gods form, by emptying Himself, to take the form of a man, and humbled Himself, to became a servant - then ignorantly quote what He does and says when He’s the humble servant and man on earth, to try and prove He is only a humble servant and man, and not God by His nature.

Ignoring scripture you don’t like, to prove a sectarian bias is true, is only fooling yourself.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such name as yahshua.

The Hebrew name of Jesus is Yehoshua, abbreviated as Y’eshua.

But the koine Greek manuscripts that the apostles wrote, call Messiah Iesous, which is Y’eshua in Greek, and in English it’s Jesus.

There’s no requirement or need to use the Hebrew name of Messiah, but if one is going to use it, might as well get it right.

That the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit comprise the one triune Godhead, is very evident in scripture- it takes work to obfuscate the truth.

Isaiah calls Messiah the mighty God, the everlasting Father, and says He is called God with us (Emmanuel)

Jesus said anyone who’s seen Him has seen the father.

Jesus clearly stated He is I AM.

Jesus accepted worship.

Jesus created everything that was made, including the world.

John the Baptist came to prepare the way of Jehovah, said Isaiah - and yet John the Baptist came to prepare the way for Jesus in the New Testament.

God the father said to Jesus: sou thronos Theos aeon, which means, thy throne, Oh God, is forever,

Sou: thy Thronos: throne, Theos: (oh) God, Aeon: is forever.

You can believe what the Watchtower and Kingdom Hall says, i will stick with the entirety of Gods word.

I will not debate over the name of our Christ: Yahshua or Yahshuah or Yehoshua or Y’eshua or even Y’shuah. Scholars actually cannot agree, although the logic I use for my preference and I somethings add an 'h' at the end, is that when scholars inserted vowels of English for YHWH as Yahweh I followed suit as others have for the Son, as Yah- salvation shua(h). As the Father saves does then did the Son -Yah. Yeh does not cut it for me. It was actually a later addition.

Now the rest of your post is very old hat for me as I have discussed these same similar lines without any explanation or understanding with many, many people before you.

I just do not want to get into again, because I end up doing all the writing and all commentaries and explanations. It's all one sided.

Just chucking out a list of one liners or stating scripture, certainly cannot show credibility in the subject you are representing. Do you see it?

If you are really wanting to communicate and share ideas with more elaboration, that say, I have not seen yet, then you are not doing a great job of it. If that is your intention?

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you unlearnedly ignore that Jesus left Gods form, by emptying Himself, to take the form of a man, and humbled Himself, to became a servant - then ignorantly quote what He does and says when He’s the humble servant and man on earth, to try and prove He is only a humble servant and man, and not God by His nature.

Ignoring scripture you don’t like, to prove a sectarian bias is true, is only fooling yourself.
Just show me the scripture and let's go and get on with it. Talk is cheap from folks like you that do not know much.

I get sick of your type of people that do not know scripture. You only know how to twist scripture to fit it in to your pagan God-man theory and a 3 person God Trinity theory. That's the extent of your knowledge and what you think of the word of God.

Let me see what you have got mate! Shut up or bug off I say....

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello APAK

I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty ~

Is there anything wrong with that thinking?

What do you find wrong with that thinking if you do ?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello APAK

I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty ~

Is there anything wrong with that thinking?

What do you find wrong with that thinking if you do ?
Ok bud, tell me how you came to that conclusion in your first statement? Or are you just another run-of-the -mill slogan religious person.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is because that I believe Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty the one sits on throne, in the heavenly Jerusalem?

Have you ever heard anything like this? APAK?

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Doubting or wondering is not exercising faith (belief.) We can believe God only as he works in us to both will and do empower man to do the good pleasure of our invisible God.

We believe with our new born again heart and are moved to confess it with one’s mouth.

The idea of first seeing with the eyes the temporal and then believing is not a biblical doctrine. Many has used it to support their wondering doctrines. Like Purgatory not coming to the end of faith the salvation of one’s soul

John 20: 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

When the Son of man left he left clear instructions.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

God is not a man as us. Never was never could be..

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will not debate over the name of our Christ: Yahshua or Yahshuah or Yehoshua or Y’eshua or even Y’shuah. Scholars actually cannot agree, although the logic I use for my preference and I somethings add an 'h' at the end, is that when scholars inserted vowels of English for YHWH as Yahweh I followed suit as others have for the Son, as Yah- salvation shua(h). As the Father saves does then did the Son -Yah. Yeh does not cut it for me. It was actually a later addition.

Now the rest of your post is very old hat for me as I have discussed these same similar lines without any explanation or understanding with many, many people before you.

I just do not want to get into again, because I end up doing all the writing and all commentaries and explanations. It's all one sided.

Just chucking out a list of one liners or stating scripture, certainly cannot show credibility in the subject you are representing. Do you see it?

If you are really wanting to communicate and share ideas with more elaboration, that say, I have not seen yet, then you are not doing a great job of it. If that is your intention?

APAK

I see that it’s not just obvious that Jesus is God the Son, but it’s incredibly,and blatantly obvious.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just show me the scripture and let's go and get on with it. Talk is cheap from folks like you that do not know much.

I get sick of your type of people that do not know scripture. You only know how to twist scripture to fit it in to your pagan God-man theory and a 3 person God Trinity theory. That's the extent of your knowledge and what you think of the word of God.

Let me see what you have got mate! Shut up or bug off I say....

You’re like an employee of a company on Undercover Boss, who when told that Brad, the entry level employee that they worked with for a week, was really the CEO of the entire company, who says he can’t possibly be the CEO because he called the president his boss, couldn’t use the executive washroom, had no parking spot with his name on it, etc - thus using facts true of the CEO after he deliberately took a huge demotion to entry level employee, to try and prove he wasn’t the head of the entire company, first.

Philippians 2:6-8

Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Php 2:7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Jesus existed in the form of God (CEO of the world), but didn’t cling to His divinity, but voluntarily emptied Himself, taking the form of a man and humble servant (entry level employee at the company he had built) and died on a cross.

He was CEO before becoming an entry level employee.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace
Status
Not open for further replies.