Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

Now Jesus is God with us, Emmanuel. so in this he is the only what that Man can come to understand the Father ? Because Bible points out that that no one can come to the Father but through his only begotten Son ?

Now all 3 are as one in the Trinity, so they are all as one but 3 distinct identity's in one and so this is how Jesus is the Christ our Lord and Saviour.

One can not go outside of Jesus Christ for worthy fruit as he is the Wellspring as far as Humans go.

Jesus Christ is the antidote for the Stain of original Sin and without this your Soul is cut off from true Grace of God.

The Blood of Jesus was sacrificed for us to understand that we are under this curse of Sin. one must understand this fact, that we can do nothing of our own will truly that is worthy of God, but only that of his will is worthy of God.

As far as Man is concerned Jesus Christ is God, he is Emmanuel The God with us. we need him or outside of this were are fooling ourselves.

The Jews back in the day were worshiping something that they did not know or understand truly, but Jesus apostles had faith that Jesus was the one Holy Moses pointed out that would come and it was not until Jesus Christ rose from the dead and went to Heaven that they truly understood who Jesus truly was.

Outside of Jesus Christ you have nothing of true value as to God the Father at all. as all 3 are testament as to the One. without the Holy Spirit you can not pickup and without Emmanuel 'God with us' you can not pickup to the Father.

Jesus Christ is not the Father and he clearly said that he is not the God of the dead, but he is the God of Life ? the wellspring their off for our Soul. he came so that you shall bear fruit, having Life in abundance ? with the Holy Spirit as one with the Father in Christ Jesus. one who is truly born again is Saved and is in the Kingdom of God and then you are sent out into the world to preach Jesus Christ among the wolfs. until the second coming when all the delusions will be burnt up and everyone will clearly see and comprehend that this world has so many delusions set to trap us in Sin. the works of Satan are abound in this world as Jesus pointed out that he is not of this World in fact, now the Jews back in the day were clearly caught up in this world, St Stephen pointed this out to them all and they killed him, but what did he see ? he went to Heaven !
After Jesus has been resurrected from the dead at John 20:17 he said he had a Father and God who was our Father and God.
Also at Philippians 2:5-8 it tells us that the Only Begotten Son of God was in God's form in heaven before becoming human but didn't snatch at the idea he was equal to God, but then he emptied himself to take on the nature of a slave and became human. When he had assumed human form, he still further humbled himself and carried his obedience so far as to death. The Only Begotten Son of God sacrificed his human body or his humanity to save humanity. The point is that although the Only Begotten Son of God was in God's form in heaven before becoming human he didn't think himself equal to God. In other words Philippians 2:5-8 shows that Jesus isn't God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I don't know what you mean by FACAGA. Second, I hope that the fact you have a question mark after the word love, you're not questioning love, when that has everything to do with God.

Faith alone
Christ alone
Grace alone

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
there are mysteries we can’t understand
Yes, the nature of the Godhead and how the persons of the Godhead comprise is indeed a mystery. And your church even admits of the "Mystery of the trinity". And yet,
Athanasius Creed!

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.
If someone does not subscribe to what either you, your church, or anyone else can understand, let alone teach in any fashion that anyone else can understand, that it must be labelled a "mystery", yet you persecute those to death, and dare claim that even God condemns them because they cannot understand God which your own church admits is a mystery???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the nature of the Godhead and how the persons of the Godhead comprise is indeed a mystery. And your church even admits of the "Mystery of the trinity". And yet,

If someone does not subscribe to what either you, your church, or anyone else can understand, let alone teach in any fashion that anyone else can understand, that it must be labelled a "mystery", yet you persecute those to death, and dare claim that even God condemns them because they cannot understand God which your own church admits is a mystery???

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9:4 why persecute me?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9:4 why persecute me?
Your post above isn't a reply to mine. It's another topic that you've promoted endlessly on other threads...which I equally endlessly will deny. Care to discuss why your church persecutes people for not believing in something the church itself cannot explain and calls a mystery?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post above isn't a reply to mine. It's another topic that you've promoted endlessly on other threads...which I equally endlessly will deny. Care to discuss why your church persecutes people for not believing in something the church itself cannot explain and calls a mystery?

a mystery is knowable to a certain point
But it’s still revealed by God and is still true

You believe many mysteries yet don’t fully understand them

For example

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1. Mark 4:11
    And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Romans 11:25
    For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
  3. Romans 16:25
    Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
  4. 1 Corinthians 2:7
    But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
  5. 1 Corinthians 15:51
    Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
  6. Ephesians 1:9
    Having made known unto us the mysteryof his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
  7. Ephesians 3:3
    How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
  8. Ephesians 3:4
    Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
  9. Ephesians 3:9
    And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
  10. Ephesians 5:32
    This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
  11. Ephesians 6:19
    And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
  12. Colossians 1:26
    Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
  13. Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mysteryamong the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
  14. Colossians 2:2
    That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
  15. Colossians 4:3
    Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
  16. 2 Thessalonians 2:7
    For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way
  17. 1 Timothy 3:9
    Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

18. 1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith ...you take many liberties with you scripture list and their translation among other things...

Look at your 1 Tim 3:16. It is a 'modern' corruption. There is no 'God' in the text. And why would God Almighty need to be justified in the Spirit..why would God Almighty need to be seen by the angels, when he created them eons ago...nuts right?

Here's a little more info on the original 1 Tim 3:16 text..

Sourced from Acts 17:11 and the noble Bereans

------------------------------

First we will look at a screenshot of a Greek interlinear of 1 Timothy 3:16 and can verify that the word "God" is not in here, but rather "who" instead.

Next, we can look at a Greek Lexicon of 1 Timothy 3:16, which verifies the Greek interlinear.

Next, we can look at the Mounce reverse Greek interlinear of 1 Timothy 3:16.

Codex Sinaiticus, the oldest complete Greek new testament in existence, dating back to the 4th century [if you go here, look at the lower-right quadrant of the screen and scroll down to 1 Timothy 3:16].

1 tim 3:16 in the Lamsa bible - Aramaic text - 5th century.

St. Jerome's Latin Vulgate 405A.D. of 1 Timothy 3:16 in Google translate.

Armenian bible – translated from the Peshitta Syriac text in 411AD of I Timothy 3:16
and openly in the godly counsel, manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, was believed in heaven and glory.

The NET BIBLE is a completely new translation of the Bible! It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.

Coptic text – from ancient Egyptian – 4th & 9th centuryAD of I Timothy 3:16
'^ And confessedly, great is the mystery of the godliness, *that
which was manifested in (the) flesh, was justified in the sjnrit [spirit],
was manifested unto the angels, was proclaimed among the
ncdions [nations], was believed in the tuorld [world], was taken up away
^ Lit. 'be, having become.' ^ Or 'he who.

Near the bottom of the page, look at some quoted highlights of the footnote: [My clarifications are in square brackets]

“It appears that sometime after the 2nd century the θεός [Theos = God] reading came into existence, either via confusion with ὅς [hos = who] or as an intentional alteration to magnify Christ and clear up the syntax at the same time. Once it got in, this theologically rich reading was easily able to influence all the rest of the mss [manuscripts] it came in contact with (including mss already written, such as אA C D). That this reading did not arise until after the 2nd century is evident from the Western reading, ὅ [which].
As TCGNT [Textual Commentary of the Greek New Testament] 574 notes,
“no uncial (in the first hand) earlier than the eighth or ninth century (Ψ) supports θεός [Theos = God]; all ancient versions presuppose ὅς [hos = who] or ὅ [ho = which]; and no patristic writer prior to the last third of the fourth century testifies to the reading θεός [theos].”
Definition of Patristic
pa·tris·tic [puh-tris-tik]
adjective
of or pertaining to the fathers of the Christian church or their writings.

In light of the last fact (and no patristic writer prior to the last third of the fourth century testifies to the reading θεός [Theos = God].”), it is interesting to note that the third part of the trinity had just come into being by the commandments of men in 381A.D.

Encyclopedia Britannica on Council-of-Constantinople
“Council of Constantinople, (381), the second ecumenical council of the Christian church, summoned by the emperor Theodosius I and meeting in Constantinople. Doctrinally, it promulgated what became known to the church as the Nicene Creed; it also declared finally the Trinitarian doctrine of the equality of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son.”

Thus, some of the newer texts that read theos [God] were changed many centuries after the bible was already written, and contradict all the oldest uncial manuscripts. Therefore, they are a deliberate corruption of I Timothy 3:16. The companion bible details how it happened.

Screenshot of the Companion Reference Bible; notes on I Timothy 3:16.

Notice that in the blue box, I Timothy 4:1 is highlighted.

Immediately after the Felony Forgery of I Timothy 3:16, I Timothy 4:1 speaks for itself:
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils."

Facsimile of the Codex Alexandrinus
“Tregelles writes, "The ink in which this has been done in A is sufficiently modern and black to declare its recent application" (An Account of the Printed Text of the Greek New Testament, London, 1854). Without these marks, the manuscript originally read ΟC "He who was manifested in the flesh."”

1 Timothy 3:16 in Codex Alexandrinus

Reproduced below is the text of 1 Timothy 3:16–4:3 from Codex A, as presented in the photographic facsimile volume published by the British Museum in 1879. Of particular interest here is the reading in 3:16, where it may be seen that the manuscript reads ΘC "God was manifested in the flesh," employing the usual abbreviation ΘC for ΘEOC, with a stroke over the letters to indicate an abbreviation.

However, textual critics believe that the ink in the center of the Θ and the stroke above were added by a corrector in modern times. Reasons for this belief are the color of the ink, and the fact that a "dot" has been placed in the Θ instead of a line.

Without these marks, the manuscript originally read ΟC "He who was manifested in the flesh." In the photograph below the ΘC in 3:16 is circled. Further down, in verse 4:3, there is another ΘC circled for comparison.

alexandrinus4.jpg
I_Timothy_3_16_oc.jpg

I would highly recommend you use the most accurate and original scripture for debate...as in 1 Tim 3:16

APAK

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith ...you take many liberties with you scripture list and their translation among other things...

Look at your 1 Tim 3:16. It is a 'modern' corruption. There is no 'God' in the text. And why would God Almighty need to be justified in the Spirit..why would God Almighty need to be seen by the angels, when he created them eons ago...nuts right?

Here's a little more info on the original 1 Tim 3:16 text..

Sourced from Acts 17:11 and the noble Bereans

------------------------------

First we will look at a screenshot of a Greek interlinear of 1 Timothy 3:16 and can verify that the word "God" is not in here, but rather "who" instead.

Next, we can look at a Greek Lexicon of 1 Timothy 3:16, which verifies the Greek interlinear.

Next, we can look at the Mounce reverse Greek interlinear of 1 Timothy 3:16.

Codex Sinaiticus, the oldest complete Greek new testament in existence, dating back to the 4th century [if you go here, look at the lower-right quadrant of the screen and scroll down to 1 Timothy 3:16].

1 tim 3:16 in the Lamsa bible - Aramaic text - 5th century.

St. Jerome's Latin Vulgate 405A.D. of 1 Timothy 3:16 in Google translate.

Armenian bible – translated from the Peshitta Syriac text in 411AD of I Timothy 3:16
and openly in the godly counsel, manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, was believed in heaven and glory.

The NET BIBLE is a completely new translation of the Bible! It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.

Coptic text – from ancient Egyptian – 4th & 9th centuryAD of I Timothy 3:16
'^ And confessedly, great is the mystery of the godliness, *that
which was manifested in (the) flesh, was justified in the sjnrit [spirit],
was manifested unto the angels, was proclaimed among the
ncdions [nations], was believed in the tuorld [world], was taken up away
^ Lit. 'be, having become.' ^ Or 'he who.

Near the bottom of the page, look at some quoted highlights of the footnote: [My clarifications are in square brackets]

“It appears that sometime after the 2nd century the θεός [Theos = God] reading came into existence, either via confusion with ὅς [hos = who] or as an intentional alteration to magnify Christ and clear up the syntax at the same time. Once it got in, this theologically rich reading was easily able to influence all the rest of the mss [manuscripts] it came in contact with (including mss already written, such as אA C D). That this reading did not arise until after the 2nd century is evident from the Western reading, ὅ [which].
As TCGNT [Textual Commentary of the Greek New Testament] 574 notes,
“no uncial (in the first hand) earlier than the eighth or ninth century (Ψ) supports θεός [Theos = God]; all ancient versions presuppose ὅς [hos = who] or ὅ [ho = which]; and no patristic writer prior to the last third of the fourth century testifies to the reading θεός [theos].”
Definition of Patristic
pa·tris·tic [puh-tris-tik]
adjective
of or pertaining to the fathers of the Christian church or their writings.

In light of the last fact (and no patristic writer prior to the last third of the fourth century testifies to the reading θεός [Theos = God].”), it is interesting to note that the third part of the trinity had just come into being by the commandments of men in 381A.D.

Encyclopedia Britannica on Council-of-Constantinople
“Council of Constantinople, (381), the second ecumenical council of the Christian church, summoned by the emperor Theodosius I and meeting in Constantinople. Doctrinally, it promulgated what became known to the church as the Nicene Creed; it also declared finally the Trinitarian doctrine of the equality of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son.”

Thus, some of the newer texts that read theos [God] were changed many centuries after the bible was already written, and contradict all the oldest uncial manuscripts. Therefore, they are a deliberate corruption of I Timothy 3:16. The companion bible details how it happened.

Screenshot of the Companion Reference Bible; notes on I Timothy 3:16.

Notice that in the blue box, I Timothy 4:1 is highlighted.

Immediately after the Felony Forgery of I Timothy 3:16, I Timothy 4:1 speaks for itself:
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils."

Facsimile of the Codex Alexandrinus
“Tregelles writes, "The ink in which this has been done in A is sufficiently modern and black to declare its recent application" (An Account of the Printed Text of the Greek New Testament, London, 1854). Without these marks, the manuscript originally read ΟC "He who was manifested in the flesh."”

1 Timothy 3:16 in Codex Alexandrinus

Reproduced below is the text of 1 Timothy 3:16–4:3 from Codex A, as presented in the photographic facsimile volume published by the British Museum in 1879. Of particular interest here is the reading in 3:16, where it may be seen that the manuscript reads ΘC "God was manifested in the flesh," employing the usual abbreviation ΘC for ΘEOC, with a stroke over the letters to indicate an abbreviation.

However, textual critics believe that the ink in the center of the Θ and the stroke above were added by a corrector in modern times. Reasons for this belief are the color of the ink, and the fact that a "dot" has been placed in the Θ instead of a line.

Without these marks, the manuscript originally read ΟC "He who was manifested in the flesh." In the photograph below the ΘC in 3:16 is circled. Further down, in verse 4:3, there is another ΘC circled for comparison.

alexandrinus4.jpg
I_Timothy_3_16_oc.jpg

I would highly recommend you use the most accurate and original scripture for debate...as in 1 Tim 3:16

APAK

sorry I was simply show nutsy there that there are mysteries

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank for the effort, you believe that verse about the extra mile

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

No one is Scripturally instructed to "hold to the Catholic" ..."FAITH".

Faith is a gift from GOD, not a gift from the Catholic church.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The is an interesting statement.
Human men are Expressly Created from dust of the Earth.
There is Catholic teachers, that Expressly identify Jesus, as a Human man.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Catholicism is NOT exclusive in teaching, the Father, Son, Holy Spirit; IS ONE God.

The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone.

The Catholic Church, has members, that proclaim the Lord Jesus, was from Mary's seed.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that
] our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

Yes, have seen, have heard, what Catholics believe and confess...

And I find nothing in Scripture, that identifies Jesus, "being" a created "HUMAN", of dust.

Your teaching, Catholic protocal and teaching, is "MAKING" and "CALLING" Jesus, a "HUMAN", earthly created man.

Scripture expressly teaches, Earthly men, come out of the Earth. That does NOT apply to Jesus.

Although he is God and human

Oxymoron -
God is not created.
Humans are created.

This is the catholic faith:

Yes.

one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

False. Salvation is a Gift from God FOR heartful confessed belief, "IN God and" Jesus came forth out from God and IS the Christ Messiah.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is Scripturally instructed to "hold to the Catholic" ..."FAITH".

The is an interesting statement.
Human men are Expressly Created from dust of the Earth.
There is Catholic teachers, that Expressly identify Jesus, as a Human man.

Catholicism is NOT exclusive in teaching, the Father, Son, Holy Spirit; IS ONE God.

The Catholic Church, has members, that proclaim the Lord Jesus, was from Mary's seed.

Yes, have seen, have heard, what Catholics believe and confess...

And I find nothing in Scripture, that identifies Jesus, "being" a created "HUMAN", of dust.

Your teaching, Catholic protocal and teaching, is "MAKING" and "CALLING" Jesus, a "HUMAN", earthly created man.

Scripture expressly teaches, Earthly men, come out of the Earth. That does NOT apply to Jesus.

Oxymoron -
God is not created.
Humans are created.

Yes.

False. Salvation is a Gift from God FOR heartful confessed belief, "IN God and" Jesus came forth out from God and IS the Christ Messiah.

heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can disagree all day long although your facts (scripture without explanation) do not support your decision.

Sure, we can disagree.
Disagreement is expected. None have the exact same hearing, reading, studying, diligence while walking the distance of a straight path.

It is impossible for the Son to be the Almighty as the Father YHWH! Cannot fuse them as the SAME (G)god....not happening

Isa 41:
[4] Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isa 48:
[12] Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

John 8:
[28] Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

The WORD of God - IS GOD - While God WAS IN HEAVEN...GODS WORD Came forth OUT FROM GODS MOUTH, and WAS SENT TO MARYS WOMB.

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Luke 1:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 19:
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were nowaccomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

The WORD of God - called JESUS.
...John 1:1
The TRUE LIGHT - called JESUS.
...John 1:9
The WISDOM of God - called CHRIST
...1 Cor 1:24
The POWER of God - called CHRIST
The BODY of JESUS - prepared BY GOD
...Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

THE WORD of GOD was IN GODS MOUTH, IN HEAVEN.
THE WORD of God was SENT FORTH out from Gods MOUTH, in a BODY God Prepared, and SEND that (holy thing...Gods Word...in a Prepared Body) TO a virgin Womb, BY the POWER of God.
THE BABE delivered 9 months Later, (according to the LAW of Nature), was CALLED:
JESUS...the Son of Man
THE BABE would be REVEALED WAS SENT FORTH out from God....and SHALL thereafter BE CALLED:
JESUS the CHRIST....the Son of God.

JESUS is GOD in a Prepared BODY...
Called the Son of Man.
THAT BODY was EXPRESSLY PREPARED...
TO APPEAR IN THE LIKENESS " FORM " "AS" and Earthly man...YET WITHOUT SIN, (that an EARTHLY man), IS NATURALLY IS BORN.
THAT prepared BODY, was EXPRESSLY prepared FOR Earthly men;
TO SEE and HEAR.

Phil 2:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man...

* LEARNING...JESUS IS THE CHRIST...IS VIA an earthly mans teaching.
* KNOWING...JESUS IS THE CHRIST...IS VIA
Gods Knowledge given a man.
* KNOWING...CHRIST IS THE POWER of God...IS VIA mans teaching, verified, by Written Scripture.
* A man CALLING Jesus the CHRIST, IS believing KNOWLEDGE, WITHOUT SEEING CHRIST....
* GODS LIGHT, GODS POWER, IS GODS GLORY...WHICH men can KNOW, but NOT SEE....
* GODS LIGHT, GODS POWER, GODS GLORY..
IS precisely the "ALL MIGHTINESS" of GOD.

Ie....the ALMIGHTY.
Gods ALL Power, He does not give away.
Gods ALL Light, He does not give away.
Gods Glory, He does not give away.

Men receive, the LIMITED Power, God gives them.
Men SEE, the Results of Gods Power.
Men receive, Gods "REFLECTIVE" Light.
Men receive, the "REFLECTION" of Gods Glory.

* Father....Sits in Heaven, His Throne.
....And BTW, it was God who taught mankind,
What God Established: for human family relationships...(man, woman, male, female, husband, wife, father, sons, mother, daughters, etc.
....It was Moses...who first called God, mankind's "FATHER".
Deut. 32:
[6] Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

* Son.......Was SENT to Gods "FOOTSTOOL", ie Earth....Yet Expressly reveals, He IS NOT "OF" this world.

Isa 66:
[1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

John 8:
[23] And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

* Israel...(Hebrews/Tribes) were taught GOD for 4,000 years.
* Israel...(for the most part) rejected God having a "Literal" Son.
* Gentiles...(for the most part) for 4,000 years rejected GOD, then began (for 2,000) Accepting GOD...AND "Gods Son", Jesus.

Presently...
* Tribes, are all referenced AS "JEWS" -
Jews, primarily remain UNDER the Jewish Law...foregoing Salvation NOW...must endure to the End, Keeping the Law, by "THEIR" power.
* "Christians" are learning and following Jesus' teachings.
* (Many) Born Again Christians, have Accepted Jesus' offering of Salvation NOW...and A Born Again spirit.... while continuing to teach, they ARE NOT FREE FROM the LAW of SIN, continue to Sin, continue to Ask for Forgiveness "FOR" SIN

* I am a (soul) Sav-ED, (spirit quickened) born again Converted Christian, Forgiven and Freed from the consequences of Sin Aganinst God...KEPT FROM EVER AGAIN SINNING (DISBELIF) AGAINST (the Lord God Almighty)...
* Expressly BECAUSE I accepted...Gods Offering, Promise, Covenant, HE came to Earth and Taught, IN A BODILY FASHION, men could SEE and HEAR, and the First hand Testimony...OF the Word of God, and His chosen men To WRITE His Word, FOR MY benefit...and TRUST ...
* Expressly BECAUSE of ALL the Personal Blessings, HE expressly has provided TO me, FOR me to Experience.

In the first 4 Scriptures of Genesis, I am informed...
Beginning;
Heaven;
Earth;
Division;
Gods Creation....His WILL
Gods Spirit........His POWER
Gods Speaks.....His WORD

EVERYTHING, God does, IS DONE with HIS:
Word, Will, Power.

Doesn't matter to me, Titles, Names, Places...revealed throughout Scripture;
In ALL of Gods Creation and Making...
INVOLVES the WHOLE of GOD...
WORD, WILL, POWER
Lord God Almighty.

And IN ALL of GODS Creations...HE DIVIDES What SHALL REMAIN or BECOME WITH HIM...
And the REMAINDER shall be WITHOUT HIM.

Gen 1
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
[4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Not for one second, do I believe, God can "REPRODUCE", a thing, that "IS without a beginning".
Not for one second, do I believe, Gods Word was "created".
Not for one second, do I believe, Jesus was a Human man, out of the dust of the Earth.
Not for one second, do I believe, Jesus was somehow a product of Mary's "natural" seed.

* Jesus himself SAID...

John 10:
[30] I and my Father are one.

John 14:
[9] Jesus saith ... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

What does that have to do with...
Being A Catholic being required?

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 6:4
Isaiah 43:11
John 14:
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, PhIlip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Reactions: Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus never said he was God Almighty
Of course He did many times. You were simply not paying attention. Had Jesus not been God Almighty, He could not have paid for the sins of the whole world, and then risen from the dead. Therefore Thomas addressed Him as "My Lord, and my God!". End of story.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After Jesus has been resurrected from the dead at John 20:17 he said he had a Father and God who was our Father and God.
Also at Philippians 2:5-8 it tells us that the Only Begotten Son of God was in God's form in heaven before becoming human but didn't snatch at the idea he was equal to God, but then he emptied himself to take on the nature of a slave and became human. When he had assumed human form, he still further humbled himself and carried his obedience so far as to death. The Only Begotten Son of God sacrificed his human body or his humanity to save humanity. The point is that although the Only Begotten Son of God was in God's form in heaven before becoming human he didn't think himself equal to God. In other words Philippians 2:5-8 shows that Jesus isn't God.

BECAME HUMAN...? No.

Became MANTIFESTED in the LIKENESS as a man.

Jesus' entire teaching is to TEACH an earthly man "HOW TO BECOME God" ? No.

How for manKIND to BECOME in the LIKENESS as God? Yes.

JESUS ISN"T GOD....?
JESUS was manifested, as the Son of Man.
JESUS was revealed, He is the Christ.
Scripture reveals, WHEN you KNOW Jesus IS the CHRIST, you have learned WHOM God SAID shall be called the Son of God.

* CHRIST JESUS, expressly reveals, an earthly man SHOULD understand LIKE Christ Jesus...that Christ Jesus' equalness IS WITH God.

WHO can be EQUAL to God, BUT God Himself?

Phil 2:
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BARNEY BRIGHT, post:
Philippians 2:5-8 shows that Jesus isn't God.[/QUOTE]
Does it? Let us consider verse 6:
"Who, being in the form of God"

Now read the rest in parts to get the whole picture.
" and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"

"And being found in fashion as a man"

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BECAME HUMAN...? No.

Became MANTIFESTED in the LIKENESS as a man.

Jesus' entire teaching is to TEACH an earthly man "HOW TO BECOME God" ? No.

How for manKIND to BECOME in the LIKENESS as God? Yes.

JESUS ISN"T GOD....?
JESUS was manifested, as the Son of Man.
JESUS was revealed, He is the Christ.
Scripture reveals, WHEN you KNOW Jesus IS the CHRIST, you have learned WHOM God SAID shall be called the Son of God.

* CHRIST JESUS, expressly reveals, an earthly man SHOULD understand LIKE Christ Jesus...that Christ Jesus' equalness IS WITH God.

WHO can be EQUAL to God, BUT God Himself?

Phil 2:
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

#1 If you say: Became MANTIFESTED in the LIKENESS as a man, then you are denying he became human as the first Adam was. The Only Begotten Son of God came to as a human not in the likeness of a human, there's a difference.
#2, Philippians 2:5-8 doesn't say that the Only-Begotten Son of God considered himself equal with God. The whole context of philippians 2:1-8 is that we are to exercise humility by following the example of
Only Begotten Son of God exercise of humility who although he was in Gods form never snatched at the idea that he was equal to God. So just as the Only Begotten Son of God exercised that kind of humility we are exercise that kind of humility. These scriptures are not telling us to think ourselves equal to God because you're trying to say that this scripture is saying the Only Begotten Son of God thought himself equal with God. We are to follow The Only Begotten Son of God example of humility.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, we can disagree.
Disagreement is expected. None have the exact same hearing, reading, studying, diligence while walking the distance of a straight path.

Isa 41:
[4] Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isa 48:
[12] Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

John 8:
[28] Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

The WORD of God - IS GOD - While God WAS IN HEAVEN...GODS WORD Came forth OUT FROM GODS MOUTH, and WAS SENT TO MARYS WOMB.

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Luke 1:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 19:
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were nowaccomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

The WORD of God - called JESUS.
...John 1:1
The TRUE LIGHT - called JESUS.
...John 1:9
The WISDOM of God - called CHRIST
The POWER of God - called CHRIST
The BODY of JESUS - prepared BY GOD
...Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

THE WORD of GOD was IN GODS MOUTH, IN HEAVEN.
THE WORD of God was SENT FORTH out from Gods MOUTH, in a BODY God Prepared, and SEND that (holy thing...Gods Word...in a Prepared Body) TO a virgin Womb, BY the POWER of God.
THE BABE delivered 9 months Later, (according to the LAW of Nature), was CALLED:
JESUS...the Son of Man
THE BABE would be REVEALED WAS SENT FORTH out from God....and SHALL thereafter BE CALLED:
JESUS the CHRIST....the Son of God.

JESUS is GOD in a Prepared BODY...
Called the Son of Man.
THAT BODY was EXPRESSLY PREPARED...
TO APPEAR IN THE LIKENESS " FORM " "AS" and Earthly man...YET WITHOUT SIN, (that an EARTHLY man), IS NATURALLY IS BORN.
THAT prepared BODY, was EXPRESSLY prepared FOR Earthly men;
TO SEE and HEAR.

Phil 2:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man...

* LEARNING...JESUS IS THE CHRIST...IS VIA an earthly mans teaching.
* KNOWING...JESUS IS THE CHRIST...IS VIA
Gods Knowledge given a man.
* KNOWING...CHRIST IS THE POWER of God...IS VIA mans teaching, verified, by Written Scripture.
* A man CALLING Jesus the CHRIST, IS believing KNOWLEDGE, WITHOUT SEEING CHRIST....
* GODS LIGHT, GODS POWER, IS GODS GLORY...WHICH men can KNOW, but NOT SEE....
* GODS LIGHT, GODS POWER, GODS GLORY..
IS precisely the "ALL MIGHTINESS" of GOD.

Ie....the ALMIGHTY.
Gods ALL Power, He does not give away.
Gods ALL Light, He does not give away.
Gods Glory, He does not give away.

Men receive, the LIMITED Power, God gives them.
Men SEE, the Results of Gods Power.
Men receive, Gods "REFLECTIVE" Light.
Men receive, the "REFLECTION" of Gods Glory.

* Father....Sits in Heaven, His Throne.
....And BTW, it was God who taught mankind,
What God Established: for human family relationships...(man, woman, male, female, husband, wife, father, sons, mother, daughters, etc.
....It was Moses...who first called God, mankind's "FATHER".
Deut. 32:
[6] Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

* Son.......Was SENT to Gods "FOOTSTOOL", ie Earth....Yet Expressly reveals, He IS NOT "OF" this world.

Isa 66:
[1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

John 8:
[23] And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

* Israel...(Hebrews/Tribes) were taught GOD for 4,000 years.
* Israel...(for the most part) rejected God having a "Literal" Son.
* Gentiles...(for the most part) for 4,000 years rejected GOD, then began (for 2,000) Accepting GOD...AND "Gods Son", Jesus.

Presently...
* Tribes, are all referenced AS "JEWS" -
Jews, primarily remain UNDER the Jewish Law...foregoing Salvation NOW...must endure to the End, Keeping the Law, by "THEIR" power.
* "Christians" are learning and following Jesus' teachings.
* (Many) Born Again Christians, have Accepted Jesus' offering of Salvation NOW...and A Born Again spirit.... while continuing to teach, they ARE NOT FREE FROM the LAW of SIN, continue to Sin, continue to Ask for Forgiveness "FOR" SIN

* I am a (soul) Sav-ED, (spirit quickened) born again Converted Christian, Forgiven and Freed from the consequences of Sin Aganinst God...KEPT FROM EVER AGAIN SINNING (DISBELIF) AGAINST (the Lord God Almighty)...
* Expressly BECAUSE I accepted...Gods Offering, Promise, Covenant, HE came to Earth and Taught, IN A BODILY FASHION, men could SEE and HEAR, and the First hand Testimony...OF the Word of God, and

Eph 4 Jude 1:3 all have the same faith
  1. Romans 15:6
    That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  2. 2 Corinthians 13:11
    Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
  3. Philippians 1:27
    Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mindstriving together for the faith of the gospel;
  4. Philippians 2:2
    Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
  5. Hebrews 2:6
    But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?
  6. 1 Peter 3:8
    Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

Status
Not open for further replies.