Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not "interpret it" I accept it as written. Interpreting basicalloy says this: " I know what is written, but this is what it means".

Remember this passage:

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Our role is not to "interpret" SCriptrue, but to preserve, protect and pass on Scripture faithfully without comment.
Well then that is super great, you have a superhuman gift. So you cannot interpret scripture then? I did not think you have the Spirit to decode scripture///

You know every time you list John 20:28 you see only John 20:28b exclusively, don't you? You are laser focused on it as your support for your 2nd person of your Triune god. Have you ever read the verses before it , and in this case, those following it to get the gist and context on what the Christ was teaching us? Your answer to John 20:28b is clearly found there.

I challenge you to find it. I've already answered it before, many times. A verse is like a news sound bite. One can rarely use it alone, to find the truth. You have to read the context and that means to 'know' the entire environment and collective ideas brought to bear on the verse under study. And you say 'our role is not to interpret scripture..." ..lol

You can interpret it with the Spirit of truth, of Christ within you. Maybe you are missing this crucial component? You only can know that....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then that is super great, you have a superhuman gift. So you cannot interpret scripture then? I did not think you have the Spirit to decode scripture///

You know every time you list John 20:28 you see only John 20:28b exclusively, don't you? You are laser focused on it as your support for your 2nd person of your Triune god. Have you ever read the verses before it , and in this case, those following it to get the gist and context on what the Christ was teaching us? Your answer to John 20:28b is clearly found there.

I challenge you to find it. I've already answered it before, many times. A verse is like a news sound bite. One can rarely use it alone, to find the truth. You have to read the context and that means to 'know' the entire environment and collective ideas brought to bear on the verse under study. And you say 'our role is not to interpret scripture..." ..lol

You can interpret it with the Spirit of truth, of Christ within you. Maybe you are missing this crucial component? You only can know that....

The Scriptures do not need decoding- but obedience. I have not arrived yet, but after 47 years I can comfortably defend my positions from gods Word. I have the Spirit- don't you?

Well why don't you enlighten me as to what Jesus was teaching. I nkow it is about faith, but if you have another teaching I am always willing to learn.

but I am surprised yo udo not accept Thomas' exclamation that Jesus is His god. Or that He was not rebuked by Jesus for blasphemy.

I teach all my students about keeping verses in context! so show me in the context of that closed locked room anything that shows that Thomas exclamation was wrong!

LOL all you wish, but you have as of yet in writing to me showed anything that can be called evidence that the New Testament and even the Old testament proclamations of Jesus' divinity are not to be understood literally.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures do not need decoding- but obedience. I have not arrived yet, but after 47 years I can comfortably defend my positions from gods Word. I have the Spirit- don't you?

Well why don't you enlighten me as to what Jesus was teaching. I nkow it is about faith, but if you have another teaching I am always willing to learn.

but I am surprised yo udo not accept Thomas' exclamation that Jesus is His god. Or that He was not rebuked by Jesus for blasphemy.

I teach all my students about keeping verses in context! so show me in the context of that closed locked room anything that shows that Thomas exclamation was wrong!

LOL all you wish, but you have as of yet in writing to me showed anything that can be called evidence that the New Testament and even the Old testament proclamations of Jesus' divinity are not to be understood literally.

47 years of obedience to scripture, whatever that all means. And what have you learned? Very little I suspect. And YOU teach students, God forbid! Let them go, away from your distorted deceitful mind.

Why cannot you answer my post. Enlighten you, you say! You deceitful one. You are know you are lying here. You do not want enlightenment. You want to keep your ego and pride intact and strong to save face and avoid the truth. You cannot know scripture without the Spirit of truth.

And then you write this deceitful ridiculous trash..."but I am surprised yo udo not accept Thomas' exclamation that Jesus is His god. Or that He was not rebuked by Jesus for blasphemy." you are surprised, stop your lying....

It is a mockery to the Father and his Son to even suggest that Thomas called his Master his Almighty God.

So you either will not answer my post or you cannot. So now I know for record.

APAK

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
47 years of obedience to scripture, whatever that all means. And what have you learned? Very little I suspect. And YOU teach students, God forbid! Let them go, away from your distorted deceitful mind.

Why cannot you answer my post. Enlighten you, you say! You deceitful one. You are know you are lying here. You do not want enlightenment. You want to keep your ego and pride intact and strong to save face and avoid the truth. You cannot know scripture without the Spirit of truth.

And then you write this deceitful ridiculous trash..."but I am surprised yo udo not accept Thomas' exclamation that Jesus is His god. Or that He was not rebuked by Jesus for blasphemy." you are surprised, stop your lying....

It is a mockery to the Father and his Son to even suggest that Thomas called his Master his Almighty God.

So you either will not answer my post or you cannot. So now I know for record.

APAK

Wow! You must be a great fire and brimstone preacher! For you are are a great bearer of false witness. I didn't know that reading minds and souls was a fgift of the Spirit instead of Satan.

I have given y0u a chance and a request to show why the passages I have cited do not mean that Jesus has had a divine nature, but you have chosen the path of bearing false witness, and using ad-hominems instead of acting like A christian and being teachable and show me why you believe the way you do.

I believe I have answered all your questions. If I missed one, please repeat it and I will gladly answer it- after you answer why John 1:1 and all the other passages I cited do not mean that jesus is god. I have answered many of your complaints, please answer this.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just a comment, not replying to anyone's post. This subject is something I have argued with myself.. but I don't think God prays to himself. And our Lord and saviour prayed ALOT. Something to think about.
Blessings
@Acolyte In John 17, the Lord Jesus prays: 'Father...'

In Hebrews 1, God says: 'Thou are My Son; this day have I begotten Thee...'

Reactions: charity

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.

Jesus called those Religious Leaders who made the false accusation the he claimed to be God hypocrites and offspring of vipers.

Today the same hypocrites and offspring of vipers continue that Lie 2,000 years later. Armageddon will remove them soon enough. The scriptures tell us not to even feel sorry for such ones. :)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus called those Religious Leaders who made the false accusation the he claimed to be God hypocrites and offspring of vipers

Myth! No Scripture!

Today the same hypocrites and offspring of vipers continue that Lie 2,000 years later. Armageddon will remove them soon enough. The scriptures tell us not to even feel sorry for such ones. :)
Says Kingdom Hall?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GOD IS SPIRIT

The Lord Jesus Christ is God's only begotten Son. God, in Christ, was reconciling the world unto Himself: He was destroying the work of the Devil; and confirming the promises made unto the Fathers, and fulfilling His will. The Lord Jesus Christ made God, Who is invisible, manifest.

'Then said I, Lo, I come
(in the volume of the book it is written of me,)
to do thy will, O God.'

(Heb 10:7)

To deny the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ is a very serious thing to do, and just reading the subject heading of this thread takes my breath away. This is holy ground, so walk softly.

'But I say unto you,
That every idle word that men shall speak,
they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified,
and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.'

(Mat 12:36-37)

In Christ Jesus
Risen and glorified
and sat at God's right hand.
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch111 and Taken

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Let this mind be in you,
.. which was also in Christ Jesus:
.... Who, being in the form of God,
...... thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
........ But made Himself of no reputation,
.......... and took upon Him the form of a servant,
............ and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man,
.. He humbled Himself,
.... and became obedient unto death,
...... even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him,
.. and given Him a name which is above every name:
.... That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
...... of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
........ And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
.......... to the glory of God the Father.'

(Php 2:5-11)

Praise His Holy Name!

Reactions: Taken

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'For the Father judgeth no man,
but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.
He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent Him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life,
and shall not come into condemnation;
but is passed from death unto life.'

(Joh 5:22-24)

'Jesus answered,
"If I honour Myself, My honour is nothing:
it is My Father that honoureth Me;
of Whom ye say, that He is your God: ... " '

(Joh 8:54)

Reactions: Taken

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.
You just replied to farouk's post where he said, "God says: 'Thou are My Son; this day have I begotten Thee...'"

Now I hope you meant with your response and for clarity sake, that the Father created all things because/for/by his Son. BY Yahshua meaning for Yahshua? If you really meant that Yahshua made everything that you have a completely different Bible than mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: BroRando

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just replied to farouk's post where he said, "God says: 'Thou are My Son; this day have I begotten Thee...'"

Now I hope you meant with your response and for clarity sake, that the Father created all things because/for/by his Son. BY Yahshua meaning for Yahshua? If you really meant that Yahshua made everything that you have a completely different Bible that mine.
Gen 1 God said let US make man in OUR image according OUR likeness.

Father and Son!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways God is one nature, not two or three natures.

Jesus stated, "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.